Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
I just spent 5 hours over 2 days getting the wabbajack list Septimus 4 to run natively on the Steam Deck, only to realize it doesn't include Legacy of the Dragonborn anymore. anyone got any suggestions for modlists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Zosologist posted:

I just spent 5 hours over 2 days getting the wabbajack list Septimus 4 to run natively on the Steam Deck, only to realize it doesn't include Legacy of the Dragonborn anymore. anyone got any suggestions for modlists?

I think on the Septimus Discord someone just made Legacy of the Dragonborn work again, there was an "@everyone" post about it that I skimmed.

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

I think on the Septimus Discord someone just made Legacy of the Dragonborn work again, there was an "@everyone" post about it that I skimmed.

Found it, thanks

https://github.com/Foamimi/Septimus-Extended---LOTD/blob/master/README.md

Looks pretty straight forward, I guess maybe I'll do it.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I installed mods on my Steam Deck version of Skyrim, and not too many, but I'm getting 13FPS on Low settings :saddowns:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Just want to say that Interesting NPCs has some real cool stuff in it. I've had a decent amount of quest stages break that I've had to fix with setstage but the quality of the quests themselves have been pretty good for the most part.

Shout out to Anum-La the Swamp Knight, she's a top tier follower on par with Lucien and Inigo(who is an absolute delight I'm glad I finally started using him).

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/80343

The DLSS/FSR2/XeSS upscaler mod just dropped. It's still incompatible with ENB (for now, Boris is apparently working on that), but holy poo poo. Skyrim modders are wild, man.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I can’t believe how much I still love this game. I only hope, in 2030, when TES6 comes out, that it captures at least some of the magic,

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The magic will be locked behind Bethesda's paid mods wall.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

New immersion mod hits the Nexus

Fires will now go out when it rains and snows!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/80419?tab=description

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Golden Age of Modding (tm).

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
Dunno if this will matter to anyone, but Legacy of the Dragonborn runs like absolute dog poo poo on the Deck.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Oh, the Rain puts out fires mod does break SunHelm’s heat detection from fires unfortunately at the moment. I tested the mod out this afternoon and it works beautifully but it does conflict with SunHelm and possibly other needs mods too. Shame really but hopefully they can be made compatible at some point.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Trying out the upscaler: had to disable ENB, but it works just fine after that. Results are solid, although obviously some of the performance gains are coming from disabling ENB. I hope Boris gets ENB compatibility out soon, I'm really interested to see what the end result of that will be. It's promising so far, though.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I can't get dlss working all that well but turning dlaa on is pretty great. Much better than taa. Although there is a performance cost.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonkish posted:

Trying out the upscaler: had to disable ENB, but it works just fine after that. Results are solid, although obviously some of the performance gains are coming from disabling ENB. I hope Boris gets ENB compatibility out soon, I'm really interested to see what the end result of that will be. It's promising so far, though.

Being able to utilize ENB without any loss of framerate even on moderate-to-low end graphics cards would be nothing short of revolutionary.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Being able to utilize ENB without any loss of framerate even on moderate-to-low end graphics cards would be nothing short of revolutionary.

I mean the potential is definitely there.

That being said, I don't know if it's going to work exactly as we'd hope. The issue being Skyrim can easily become CPU limited via draw calls in taxing areas. If you're running strictly or mostly vanilla, that shouldn't be an issue and DLSS/FSR should be a net gain. But if you're an idiot like me, and delight in slamming as many location overhauls into the game as possible (I'm running COTN and JK's stuff, basically), as well as stuff like Lux... it's more complicated.

That said, stability doesn't seem to be an issue (I just ran around the game a bit to test poo poo out). The real test will be whenever Boris drops a compatible ENB on us. :allears:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Would love to see this for Fallout 4 as well. I have a lot more FPS issues on that than Skyrim.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 12, 2022

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Fallout's FPS issues are, from my limited understanding, related to how they handle previs in Boston, especially. The game is rendering a lot of poo poo you can't see and that makes it chug. That's more of a draw call issue, and likely wouldn't be helped much by DLSS (the CPU vs. GPU bottleneck issue again).

That said, it would still be a net gain for FO4, but FO4 also doesn't have coding mods as robust as Skyrim does, for some reason.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
haha, installing parallax mods. Wish me luck.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So I've been dicking around with various modlists and I'm wondering, what's a really good one that has a leveled world but isn't Wildlander/Requiem?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Boris added DLSS support to EN--oh wait it's only for the VR version right now. gently caress. :smith:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I tried installing MO2 on my Steam Deck like in v1ld's post here, but whenever I run Steam through MO2 I keep getting an error: EnableNonClientDPIScaling() failed for HWND [number that looks like a memory address] (120) (Call not implemented), which I think is related to the audio problems I'm having - dialog audio seems to lag behind the subtitles and lip flaps in game, and every time a character starts speaking the game goes dead silent for a second or two.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

Commander Keene posted:

I tried installing MO2 on my Steam Deck like in v1ld's post here, but whenever I run Steam through MO2 I keep getting an error: EnableNonClientDPIScaling() failed for HWND [number that looks like a memory address] (120) (Call not implemented), which I think is related to the audio problems I'm having - dialog audio seems to lag behind the subtitles and lip flaps in game, and every time a character starts speaking the game goes dead silent for a second or two.

I get that any time I mouse over something in MO2 that has a tooltip. Pretty sure it's just something broken with window scaling because I play on a 4K TV and MO2 is tiny and won't scale up. This is on Fedora 37. Used to work fine on Windows so I assume it's an issue with Wine or Proton or whatever.

Can't help you with your audio issue, unfortunately...

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Never saw those audio issues on Deck. I was using the full audio mod that replaces all of the audio with the full bandwidth versions, dunno if that helped - don't see why it would though.

Are you using the built-in speakers, headphones, external audio? Does launching the game directly, outside of MO2, show the same problem? You'll need to launch Skyrim SE.exe from Desktop mode to test or add that binary to Steam as a non-Steam game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DOVAHKIIN, NOOOOOO!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I figured out the solution to my audio issues, I had to add WINEDLLOVERRIDES=“xaudio2_7=n,b" %command% to my launch arguments in Steam.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

That's interesting. I've had to use that variable for DLLs when modding MH Rise on Linux/Deck, but not in Skyrim so far. Glad you figured it out.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Giving the DLSS mod a try which doesn’t work with ENB but DLAA mode does and wow it’s so much better than the native TAA.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

Giving the DLSS mod a try which doesn’t work with ENB but DLAA mode does and wow it’s so much better than the native TAA.

Yeah, it really is. The difference in clarity is loving wild.

Boris updated the VR ENB for DLSS, so I guess he's got it working in some versions. Hopefully he gets it going for SE after the holiday.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Is there even a non-SE Run For Your Life mod? I got dragons up in Windhelm toasting my favorite beggars but Arthmoor’s diaper site seems to only have SE, not LE

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I definitely remember using both Run For Your Lives and When Vampires Attack in my full LE playthrough a few years ago. I guess Arthmoor's done an Arthmoor and hidden the LE versions of the mods for Reasons.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is there even a non-SE Run For Your Life mod? I got dragons up in Windhelm toasting my favorite beggars but Arthmoor’s diaper site seems to only have SE, not LE

Protect Your People is the non-Arthmoor alternative to Run For Your Lives.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Oh nice!! Thanks!! My beggars will NEVER die

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Something in my modlist broke reverse pickpocketing :( had to use EFF to brute force Bran-Shei into my party so I could just give him the stolen ring, then dismiss him. No more paralyzing trainers and taking my money back…

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The two kinds of Skyrim mods:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

The two kinds of Skyrim mods:

Weird that despite having the same amount of downloads, its the cabbage one that has more endorsements.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
its made by more well established modders.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, WankingSkeever's got like 200 mods out there. Dude's prolific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
A while back I was doing the Blood of Kings Interesting NPCs questline and I had to use console commands to get through a stage because a courier never showed up for me.

Fast forward to last night and I'm in Midwood Isle and I see there's supposed to be some follow up quests to one's I'd finished that were supposed to start with courier letters. I did some googling and people recommended using the moveto player command to trigger the courier and when I did so I got about a dozen letters. A couple of inheritance letters, the BoK letter I never got, some letters for quests that I have no idea what they are, could be things I finished already, could be new.

Luckily I think I "unstuck" the courier cause he actually showed up naturally for me later on in the evening.

Just wanted to let people know that that's a thing if they haven't encountered a courier in a while.