Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

How do you collect silk from something so dangerous? Does it shoot the silk? Maybe make a wall with holes for it to shoot at dwarves on the other side, then cover the wall with some mechanism and collect the silk?
the cave spiders leave it laying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

30 elves just attacked. I took them down with the 30+ poets and bards which had turned up at some point.

The mayor was out fishing again and completely missed the whole debacle.

^ What I'll do, if this ever gets stable, is carve fortifcations in the walls which it can shoot silk through. Probably with a chained up dog as bait or something.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

How do I create uniforms? I accidentally deleted the default ones in the squad menu and can't figure out how to add them back.

EDIT: Figured it out.

NyetscapeNavigator fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 11, 2022

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Q > Equip > Add Uniform?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

How do I create uniforms? I accidentally deleted the default ones in the squad menu and can't figure out how to add them back.

I did the same thing, you have to select a squad and go to the Equip menu where you can Add a Uniform.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shoehead posted:

Oh holy crap ok I got my Marksdwarves to FINALLY pick up ammo. You need to set them to the default archer uniform and not touch anything else, it's definitely bugged for new uniforms

Works on my machine, I just assigned them a crossbow and it auto-assigned a quiver and bolts when the crossbow was assigned to them.

Nosre posted:

Dwarves need to not have a fear of heights to enter this fort. Also, the defensive possibilities are endless!

Weapon traps on the walkway. Watch goblins dodge right off into thin air like Wile E. Coyote

Nettle Soup posted:

This thing wiped out my 70+ dwarf fortress without a single scratch. The mayor and the child somehow ended up in the cage traps long after the fight was over. They were never involved in the fighting, there was no combat logs for them and they were uninjured, so I have no idea how it happened. They both lived long enough for a migrant wave to appear and rescue them.

If there are webs on top of a cage trap, any creature that steps on it (incl. ones normally immune) will be trapped by it. That might be why.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I'm having an odd(?) Problem related to me being new to the game. I decided to mine a staircase and ramp combo shaft down to elevation -30. I then mapped put some mining operations at that level.

The staircase was successfully built but for some reason my miners aren't mining past a certain depth. Instead they just revert to idle if there is nothing for them to do on the upper levels.

Am I doing something wrong that is keeping them from mining that deeply?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

An artifact scepter titled "Bentpain the Mythical Top"

I think Freud has some things to say about that one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If there are webs on top of a cage trap, any creature that steps on it (incl. ones normally immune) will be trapped by it. That might be why.

That would do it!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
new year, new antman invasion. down to 2, could this be the end?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Because I learn nothing, I built a new fortress even closer to the tower than the last fortress. I didn't realize it until I was too invested in my base, and then I thought, "Well, maybe I have time to prepare?"

While I'm zipping around trying to build up as fast as possible, I get a petition to build a temple for a god about half my fortress (at the time) was worshipping, who turned out to be a god of death. I didn't really think too hard about it, until the undead started showing up to my church to hang out:

It's not the same dude who ripped my last fort to shreds, but I've had five visits like this so far, they were hanging out at the edge of the map at first but recently started walking down to the temple and hanging out. One of our dwarves got moody around the time this started happening and donated an artifact triangle to the fortress. In the off chance that the death temple really is protecting me from Necromancers, I set the artifact up in the middle of the temple floor.

Hopefully it's rough timbre will continue to pacify the Tower's hordes.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

jadebullet posted:

So I'm having an odd(?) Problem related to me being new to the game. I decided to mine a staircase and ramp combo shaft down to elevation -30. I then mapped put some mining operations at that level.

The staircase was successfully built but for some reason my miners aren't mining past a certain depth. Instead they just revert to idle if there is nothing for them to do on the upper levels.

Are you sure your miners aren't running into wet/warm stone? Because that will cause your miners to stop mining.

Another thing might be that they're stopping because there's a cavern directly below where you're designating and the game won't let you dig into open air or something, but I don't know if that would actually stop a dwarf or if they would just dig thru and fall to their death.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

jadebullet posted:

Could you post a screenshot of the area they won't mine beyond?

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

This game made me feel bad for a dog today. Not one of the 50+ that were cluttering up my main meeting area that got slaughtered and turned into leather and lavish meals of dog brain and intestine, but one of the ones I spared, trained and chained up by my gate. I randomly clicked on him and his only feeling was guilt for whatever he did that got him chained up. :*(

I'm starting to really like this game. Glad I tried the steam version after bouncing off the original 8 years ago or so.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Built some roofs over the entrance to cover up the butcher and tanner shop's temporary locations. Decided to remove the wood to rebuild with stone, didn't designate properly. Two miners fell when it collapsed and wood logs mashed their legs something fierce. Tried to get a hospital set up but someone dragged them into the corner, not even on the beds, and they just laid there until they died despite me having everything needed for a hospital.

Anyway on to the next fort.

Edit: Also, I don't think you need to chain up dogs at the entrance anymore? Just make a pasture covering the area right in front of your door and pasture a meat eating animal like your war dogs there. They won't be upset about being confined and don't have to eat.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Any advice for old-timers trying to get used to the Steam version? Everything feels so much slower and more effort to do, especially trading with elves

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

What the hell, Kivish, what're you doing playing make-believe? You're 18 years old! Get a job!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

It is a lot slower, and there's a lot missing. You can turn the keyboard cursor on in settings, and for mining at least, macros still exist.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

so my werehorse fort is now down to single dwarf and elf.

he terrifies the ghosts.
He isnt agro towards the elf for some reason even in werehorse mode.
So my fort is surviving due to dwarf that doesnt need resources and elf that gets fed by the werehorse.
any visitors are promptly dispatched turned into citizen of my fort as thrall and finally murdered by werehorse that can wrestle

so the fort was all along breeding ground for the perfect being, something akin alien storyline expect in the end it created grim hunter were-horse god

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 11, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
despite some folks having pickaxes, nobody seems to mine anymore. but otherwise fort still trucking along. so many bones all over, constant harassment from underbeasts of various types.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
giant agitated ravens get the gently caress off my map

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Any advice for getting both a volcano and water in the same map? Do I really need water? I've been rolling worlds this morning and only found one map that had both a volcano and a river, started there and a dragon ate my starter dwarves right away :effort:

In advanced world generation settings there is literally ”minimum amount of volcanoes” - crank that up to as many as the workd generator allows and youre bound to find some area with either river and volcano or at least aquifer and volcano.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Edit: Also, I don't think you need to chain up dogs at the entrance anymore? Just make a pasture covering the area right in front of your door and pasture a meat eating animal like your war dogs there. They won't be upset about being confined and don't have to eat.

I tried making a big pasture outside for all 50 of them but none got brought over. I'll try it again, maybe it'll work better with just a couple.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Pickled Tink posted:

I wrote this a while back for an earlier version, but it should still suffice for breaching a heavy aquifer pretty quickly:

I appreciate it! My problem is that I'm quite near the ocean -- my worry is that all that water is seawater, which would mean an endless amount of water. I'll give it a try anyways though, might as well give myself a little project before I retire the fort.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Well my Fortress is chugging along well enough after a year or two, tapped the nearby volcano to start up smelting a shitload of hematite and producing limitless green glass crap for the caravans, and finally breached the first cavern layer! Took a bit of trial and error figuring out how to get a stairwell down, but managed to get a corridor with a drawbridge established. Even had a crossbowman petition to go safari-hunting for morlocks or whatever, fine. Naturally, I close the gate behind him

Guy gets in a fight with a troll, slaying it but being greviously wounded in the process. OPEN THE GATE! Maybe we can drag him out of there and back to a bed somewhere to maybe recover.

Out come the swarm of troglodytes who coup de grace the crossbowman and start swarming up the central stairwell straight to my tavern/main production facilities. AND I can't close the drat door until the peons are done scrounging around the dead guy's loot. Where was this zeal for hauling poo poo when I saw all that old stuff at the trade depot that I bought but never got put away, you jackasses?

Anyway, the trogs are largely torn apart by dogs and beaten up by craftsmen, nothing worth setting up a quickie militia, all's well, close the gate.

...except there's some Dwarven child who wandered down there and refuses to loving budge, just standing in the caverns playing make believe. Well I say "child," she's loving 17. So now I'm holding open the drawbridge again urging her to move her rear end.

And here comes the second swarm of troglodytes. These manage to actually kill one of my best masons, and also a tame giant lizard I bought off some elves (there goes my breeding pair). Now everyone's miserable cuz of the death and mayhem and the caveman corpses stinking up the main stockpile.

All thanks to the power of ~imagination~

Asterite34 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 11, 2022

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Well, so long to the fortress of Ikalast ("Healersabres"). After nearly a decade of solid growth, it fell to a combination of my hubris and a giant fire-breathing land octopus.

After a dozen forgotten beasts that either wandered straight back off the map or got wrestled to death by random dwarves gathering webs from the caverns, I got complacent. I saw the message, spent a minute or two watching Zabip wander around the caverns and then got distracted. I didn't realise my mistake until my framerate dropped to a slideshow and I noticed my hospital suddenly filling up. Zabip had shot straight up through all my defences and started spewing fire and smoke, choking both the fortress and my computer.

At one point it wandered into a bedroom and I managed to assemble the militia outside - but as soon as I unbarred the door it tore through them all in an instant.

By the time a hundred dwarves had died, I knew there was no coming back. That still left a hundred dwarves including some real powerhouses like my guard captain with half a dozen legendary combat skills but none of them dared attack Zabip, despite orders to do so. They just stood a few metres away, paralyzed by fear, as the beast hurled fireballs at them one at a time. I abandoned the fortress and let the survivors slowly flee into the wilderness.

Bonus: from the fortress that brought you System Shock:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Apparently there is a bug that breaks marksdwarves. If you don't use the default archer uniform, or accidentally delete it, they will never pick up any ammo. It has some special uniform component that you can't specify for carrying the ammo. Maybe the trick there will be to exploit a separate bug, specifically that civilian hunters have a default uniform that overrides the military one. Then at least my marksdwarves will have xbows and bolts.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
A werehyena showed up, killed a chicken and a couple horses, converted to human form, and was torn to shreds by a pack of dogs and cats before my militia could even fully form up. This happened just as i had finished my reservoir and hospital with well above the reservoir and was about to toss the lever to open the floodgates leading to the river, so I was pretty frustrated when he showed up and I thought I wasn't going to get to test my project of dwarven engineering after all, but then he died to dogs and cats without a single dwarf even needing to fight, losses were just 1 hen, 1 dog, and 2 horses.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

wilderthanmild posted:

Apparently there is a bug that breaks marksdwarves. If you don't use the default archer uniform, or accidentally delete it, they will never pick up any ammo. It has some special uniform component that you can't specify for carrying the ammo. Maybe the trick there will be to exploit a separate bug, specifically that civilian hunters have a default uniform that overrides the military one. Then at least my marksdwarves will have xbows and bolts.

Wow well that would explain why my squad won't grab any ammo.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Got a situation where my "make bins if there are less then 10 empty bins" order fails to activate. I have no available bins, which is noticeable because half of my freshly expanded bar stockpile has bars lying on the floor.
I assume it is because I have a lot of empty bins in my cloth/leather stockpile, and they count for the order despite the dwarves not moving them to where they are needed.

Is there a way to avoid that problem? I just increased the minimum amount of desired bins for now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the undercity continues but regular antman raids just means huge chunks of the population regularly get wiped out. game also crashed after getting super slow, dunno if just too much bones around or the fact the retire caverns are revealed all at once? maybe just played too long. under city idea was fun but between constant chos and it being kinda slower this spread out, tempted to restart elsewhere once again lol. i also can barely keep up with making new tombs for every new dead person and am starting to get ghosts like i am ants.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
From imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/drCTrpu

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Well for some reason the Queen decided she wanted to come live at my little fortress... even after making her a solid gold table and chair her dining room is still only "modest" so I guess she's just going to have to suck it up, life's tough on the frontier.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

To sort of artificially inflate the value of rooms just make them way bigger than you think they need to be and engrave the whole thing. Works real good once you have a legendary engraver or two (or 20)

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

You should probably select a different location. There's something off about that one.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

rain dogs posted:

This game made me feel bad for a dog today. Not one of the 50+ that were cluttering up my main meeting area that got slaughtered and turned into leather and lavish meals of dog brain and intestine, but one of the ones I spared, trained and chained up by my gate. I randomly clicked on him and his only feeling was guilt for whatever he did that got him chained up. :*(

I'm starting to really like this game. Glad I tried the steam version after bouncing off the original 8 years ago or so.

one of my dogs saw a unicorn hanging around my fort entrance and bit it in the hoof. the unicorn then kicked the dog’s head back into its own body :stare:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

wilderthanmild posted:

This is exactly what happened to me but I removed everybody from the squad and deleted it, then re-formed a new one using the same people, and then the custom uniform I made worked and they just started picking up ammo. Might be worth trying.

Little Ampton
Mar 19, 2010

This kid just killed a hill titan with a toy after the latter massacred most of my animal pen and some adult dwarves. To be fair this titan consisted of water, but still...!

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Part 2 of DEEPLANCE

(link to part 1)

Time for year three. Oh gently caress my population doubled. I was still making rooms and space for 30 dwarves, now I have 60. You'll notice a chunk of the map is visible in the top bar. This is because I trusted MSpaint to save my printscreens. I was a fool.

DID YOU KNOW that because of my stupid well, these two tiles will be marked as wet, for all eternity?

I have some pictures of other stuff like building progress but it's not that interesting. A guild hall of farmers is in the works. Woodcrafting / lumber storage. The usual.

Here's just a zoomed-out view of the basement at the moment. I want to make this into the main floor... but there's more aquifer in the upper right. So maybe I need to go further down to build more. I'm stuck on the bottom of the map.

This is the most valuable thing that's ever happened to me. Thank you. I can't believe that your magnetite bracelet has an image of another magnetite bracelet on it. The original one must be worth, like.... millions.

I don't have any crossbow militia right now, but I actually don't seem to need it. My rangers will just go out and shoot down annoying birds. That's actually super cool that they're capable of doing that on their own. I love rangers.

FIRST KIDNAPPERS

I rapidly slam the burrow button. Everyone burrows except for my babies, who sit around. This is the opposite of what I wanted. I unburrow. People run around like idiots. I send the militia out.

The Goblin known as Gozru actually managed to grab a kid and started running, but it slowed her down enough that my militia commander could catch up (i have them in pretty light metal armor, just enough to cover all the body parts, no layers) and she breaks her loving knee apart, hits the leg again, then grabs the goblin by the goddamn ear and starts breaking her other knee while the goblin tries and fails to attack back. Brutal. Jesus. Mom instincts are strong with this commander. (it wasn't her kid that was taken, i don't think, but still.)

While still holding the ear, the commander just beats the goblin to death, while the goblin talks about how shaken she feels.

At this point in the game I started noticing tons of rotten food in the bedrooms. One of my two major complaints about the current state of the game is that if you take soldiers off duty, the food in their backpacks is still claimed by them. Nobody can take it or move it, and they put it in their rooms, where it rots. I fix this by never taking the soldiers off duty. Which isn't ideal, to me, but I literally can't deal with this otherwise. I really hope that gets patched.

Quick look at the upper floors. Huge wood storage on the left. On the mid-right you can see the fancy farmer's guild hall. It's got bullion-rimmed floor and carvings and the works. Made the farm bigger and moved it so I can use the sandy area for sand collection, for glass, later.

I regret making one big vertical staircase because it's hard to lay lots of traps in the area. I'm going to make some modifications. First of all, on my big bottom floor, I am making some pillars and wall in unimportant directions. Then making a radius of traps around it. Won't save me from a huge invasion, BUT if someone jumps inside somehow, or i unearth a monster while mining, or whatever weird poo poo goes on, it should help.

Oh gently caress

Where is he where is he oh poo poo oh gently caress

Can't find him on the creature's list, where is he. Wait, what's that at the bottom of the corpse list...

Well, it turns out the merchants who were hanging instagibbed this guy. I saw a minotaur go down pretty easy on someone's DF stream, too. Are they not... that tough?? huh

Guild hall? Sure... Wait, I made one for you already. GRAND guild hall??? Jesus I have so many farmers, I have like half my population in the farming professions. I need to make the room worth 10,000 dwarf bucks? That's not easy with my current wealth dude

Goblin thieves again. These guys do even worse. They don't even get near my kids.

Making a new set of rooms just for my fancy-pants mayor. I noticed I got a temple request from 'the hateful faith', so I take a look, at they have... 11 worshippers? that's not a lot, compared to my 102 population. What do they worship? The god 'Bocash' and the concept of thievery?

I look up Bocash and he has 75 loving worshippers, and he's the GOD of thievery. What the hell is this tiny subsect cult?? Why do you think you deserve your own temple? Denied.

New dining hall instead.

Dining hall is done, just in time for a weresloth.

A weresloth CHILD. He kills a fisherdwarf and runs off before I can fight him!! Goddamn. That's my first death, you know that? Between the minotaur, and the sloth, i am not getting a chance to actually use my military.

OH it's a GOBLIN SIEGE. Ok. Well. I deserve that for opening my fat loving mouth. The goblins ask for a goddamn parley. Is this a trick? A joke? A prank?
(I also loving LOVE that there's like eight armored and armed goblins and then just one dude in normal clothes, no weapons, just hanging out.

I've been working on a secret project called The Hallway That Kills You but I didn't finish it in time!! I am going to try to rapidly slap some traps together and stall the goblins out with a parley. I have my militia standing ready.

The goblins want a special artifact. Huh? Waterprestige the Tactic of Senses? I don't remember anything like that. And I haven't raided any goblins. (I was gonna do that after I have enough military to cover me while a raiding squad was gone.) I did some trading with humans, I bought a LOT of crap from them for all my turtle shell jewelry. Maybe the humans took a goblin artifact and I bought it without knowing...?

I spent a while figuring out what this was and where I got it. It's a special mug. Wait...

One of my dwarves just MADE this. Like, a few days ago! This isn't YOURS, goblins. You are LYING. You are lying to me.

I retreat from the parley and I have had time to prepare SOME traps. The first one, right in front of the door, has a giant silver drill and a billion other things, the other traps have some various spikey balls. I was hoping to get rid of one of the heavier goblins with the traps but it looks like the totally unarmored doofus is gonna waddle in first, which is very funny to me.

He walks into the stone traps, dodges them, and runs away. Then he stands outside while the others get ready, and then he runs back in. To me, this indicates he wussed out, and then the others told him to get the gently caress back in there.

He turns into a fine red mist. The other goblins charge. I charge. Battle ensues. The goblins are getting loving spanked.

SPANKED I say. I'm running them down. I'm taking no hits.

The last guy loving runs and leaves the map. Get the hell out. gently caress you.

I have made a display case, and I have now put the mug that they wanted on it. It sits in the front hall, right after the traps. Now anyone who walks in can see this mug. My treasure. The goblin bait. (It's only worth 2,400. no idea why they didn't want my ~7k bracelet instead)

MiasmaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I keep getting self-tamed animals. I forget to pasture them. They starve in the caves, die, and then I need to move the corpses, but I don't even notice and they create miasma.

This twelve year old has a meeting with the mayor. I love Dwarf Fortress.

Digging more rooms. More space.

Below this big floor is another big floor. You can see my new dining hall in the upper right, and a new guild hall for the crafter's guild next to it. A hospital being assembled at the bottom. A few more bedrooms with a staircase that connects to the ones above. Tombs on the far bottom-left.

And on the top floor, I am trying to make room for my cloth, leather, and AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL my turtle shell jewelry.

And I'm getting haunted. WAHT wait wait wait wait wait.

I made tombs.

One of the tombs has the fisher dwarf in it.

He's buried.

Why is he mad?

I flick around through 50 tabs in a fuss. I find that there's some remains unaccounted for. I click to go-to them. I get taken to this screen???

It's under a frozen lake?? Wait, so...

Ok, if he's there, who did I bury? Turns out, another fisherman was killed by the goblins. poo poo. I lost two dwarves now. Not bad, but still. I thought I was casualty free on the goblins.

Ok, so I buried one fisherman but another one is at the bottom of this frozen lake. I'm not sure which one is which anymore but I need to get them both buried so I don't get haunted. Fortunately you can just mine through ice. So I will dig him out.

After digging the body out, they send a child to pick up the body. Not who i'd have picked, but uh, oh well.

He decides to, instead of picking up the skeleton, pick up the other item that was buried under the ice. HiS FIFTH TOE, LEFT FOOT. What the gently caress. Don't take that. Don't put that in the loving tomb-

Shut the gently caress up. No way. No loving way. That's what he wanted? That's what the ghost wanted? His left pinky toe? Shut the gently caress up. What the gently caress.

OH, NOW he's taking the rest of the skeleton. Sure. Ok. That's secondary, to entomb that...

Yeah? You wonder? I'll bet you loving do.

Quadruple snatchers. Well, I have the trap hallway and guards now, soooNONONONO DON'T GO OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW

poo poo dude, my guys are fast. They annihilate all four without anyone getting grabbed again, even with a child going outside at the worst moment.

I have SO many farmers, that the planters want their own guild hall now. I'll build it next to the farmer's guild hall. Makes sense to me. This is also the first structure i'm building that breaches the surface. The room expands a bit beyond the mountain. I'm gonna make some kinda fort out here eventually.

You can also see that the Hallway That Kills You now has some huge copper pillars and platinum statues. And more traps. And less doors, so you have to go through more of it.

Unrelated: Holy poo poo, look at this tower, dude... Look at how many artifacts are in it. I wanna raid that thing. I gotta raid that thing. I'm gonna do it soon.

A kea stole WHAT? Wait, that's my! That's the! That's the $7,400 bracelet! NOOO! How!?

poo poo, I brought some boxes out to trade at the depo, and the ring happened to be in the boxes! gently caress! I really need a fort. I need defenses outside, for the depo. God drat. poo poo.

He's back.

Annihilation. Jesus. LOOK at this combat log. The sloth kid kills a sow, and then the axelord shows up. The sloth attacks, gets blocked, then the axelord just slices his left arm off. The sloth takes two more swings, misses both times, then the Axe Lord kicks the sloth in the head SO HARD that the neck bends backwards and the skull gets bruised.

The weresloth then charges the Axelord, impacts, and BOUNCES OFF.

He BOUNCES OFF of him. Jesus.

He got hosed nuked after that, just held down and ripped apart. Revenge for my fisherman.

Thus ends part 2 of DEEPLANCE. I hope you enjoyed reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
Dwarf Fortress with an interface is a delight. I played ASCII DF for probably about 20-30 hours total and I've only just discovered the power of work orders thanks to the interface. My entire fort is automated now. It's brilliant.

Also had a bard come to visit who was seemingly just doing a rounds of all the dwarf fortresses and writing mediocre travel guides (he had one he'd written about another fort on him at all times).