Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

lol this may be a coincidence, but my son just threw up a shitton. This is unusual, because he never throws up—his sisters did that WAY more at his age. This might be the only time I've seen him vomit. I don't think he even spewed very much as a baby.

Was it the popeyes? Maybe. There were strips of undigested onion rings on everything. :barf:

I'm still going back, though.

Jim never vomits at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

lol this may be a coincidence, but my son just threw up a shitton. This is unusual, because he never throws up—his sisters did that WAY more at his age. This might be the only time I've seen him vomit. I don't think he even spewed very much as a baby.

Was it the popeyes? Maybe. There were strips of undigested onion rings on everything. :barf:

Popeyes: Threw up, plan on going back.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MassTran posted:

Popeyes is the only fast food chicken place that matters

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I don't think I've ever seen onion rings available at any Popeyes I've been to up in WI. Is this a regional thing?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Philthy posted:

I don't think I've ever seen onion rings available at any Popeyes I've been to up in WI. Is this a regional thing?

In Canada they've always had them and they're awful. Breading uneven and falling off, weirdly bland flavouring.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is all i've ever known

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I found an image of them from a Popeyes not far from me and even these look better than what you usually get. Picture like half that breading falling off and in the bottom of the container.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

looks like they use something similar to a hushpuppy batter which probably isn't optimal for clinging. sonic and whataburger's are both really good and go for the crunchier texture

----------------

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A family member randomly vomiting is just part of the experience. In my family it was my mom but that never stopped my dad from taking us all there.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I mean, until my mom divorced him, then it stopped him from taking her there.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

i say swears online posted:

this is all i've ever known
We got this stuff too:

The batter on them is alright, it's just that they're barely seasoned. A&W (Canada) onion rings crumble in your hands, but they're crunchy, tasty, and a signature item. Competing with A&W is probably why Popeyes even tried.
The poutine might be good, but it's another $3.29, and the last cajun fries I got were limp and soggy, so I'm dubious about buying it more than once.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah both the onion rings and the poutine are terrible, especially when they're upcharging for the latter. It might be a reaction to A&W or just a rule that every Canadian chain has to offer a poutine no matter what. I still shudder at Tim Hortons' attempt at it.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Cajun purine sounds like it could be amazing or dogshit. No inbetween.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
With purine, you can absolutely count on dogshit.

----------------

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Proust Malone posted:

Cajun purine sounds like it could be amazing or dogshit. No inbetween.

The fries and gravy at Popeyes are both decent, but for some reason when you combine them with cheese it's a terrible mess, even more so than normal poutine is.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A&W onion rings suck, it's that lameass breaded version.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

The fries and gravy at Popeyes are both decent, but for some reason when you combine them with cheese it's a terrible mess, even more so than normal poutine is.

i bet if you asked for gravy on the side it'd rule

----------------

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Blackened deluxe chicken sandwich was very good. They could stand to pound out the breasts though, not a fan when they're taller than they are wide. Doesn't have to be Indiana pork sandwich level thinness, but enough so that there aren't any bites that are just bun.

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Looks like the big box came back, but it's $6 instead of $5. Still a good deal.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Blackened Chicken Sandwich is legit. The poutine is alright, but like the mashed potatoes, the Cajun gravy isn't really a great combo. I'm a little underwhelmed by Popeye's sides so far, tbqh. Maybe they're just overshadowed by the main event.

Also didn't know that the sandwich combos don't have biscuits. :(

I need a larger sample size.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

like the mashed potatoes, the Cajun gravy isn't really a great combo.

wrong it's amazing

----------------

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lately my go-to side has been the coleslaw, it goes great with the sandwiches.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

i say swears online posted:

wrong it's amazing

Maybe I got a bad batch. The stuff I had was kinda...tangy. Reminded me of puke, honestly.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Lately my go-to side has been the coleslaw, it goes great with the sandwiches.
Next on the list!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I never thought of just getting a side of gravy to dip the chicken in but maybe that's where the money's at. I found by the time I got the poutine home it was just a soggy mess.

----------------

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Very few poutines travel well. The really smart places will give you the curds, fries, and gravy separately to mix and eat at home, but really poutine is a food best enjoyed in the parking lot outside the truck you bought it from.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
most fast food becomes increasingly inedible the longer it's been out of the kitchen but, never having had it, I imagine fast food poutine ages like mayo in the sun.

----------------

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

most fast food becomes increasingly inedible the longer it's been out of the kitchen but, never having had it, I imagine fast food poutine ages like mayo in the sun.

Yeah it's soggy and gross and if it's anything but piping hot it's pretty rough.

As with a lot of things, poutine is only three components and if you get any one of them wrong it fucks the whole thing up. If you get it to go there's a good chance that all three will be ruined in some way.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

just discovered the popeyes closest to my new place is one of those overpriced ones because its close to a transit hub. sandwich combo is $9.90 :negative: an old lady rammed me with her walker and then cut me in line so i just walked out

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

owned lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
thoughts and prayers in this difficult time

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rightful ending for someone disrespecting Popeyes

https://twitter.com/HoodComedyEnt/status/1601425984846434304?s=20&t=wLrDvIW6ENLU6Vcvr7q6Mg

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Is that dude her boyfriend or some random guy just helpfully pinning her arms so she can eat punches?

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Love rear end kickin' from Popeyes

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

:golfclap:

----------------

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

uber_stoat posted:

Lmao

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also I’m the guy at the counter like nothing has happened

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

Hahaha

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's rough out there.

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/1601707500587433989?s=20&t=X5qafRyjzNBu1Yw_DKqRwg

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got the $9.99 deal (on the app....) for 6 tenders, 2 sides, 2 biscuits for dinner last night with the wife. It was good as ever. They gave us like 9 or 10 tenders so I had a big lunch of leftovers today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Is it like a corporate policy to give you extra food now? Like every order I have placed in the last 3 months had extra food, usually extra chicken tenders.