Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/ShellenbergerMD/status/1601720455005511680 https://twitter.com/JamesFourM/status/1601737533934960640 It’s like finally hitting bottom. They are trying to rule lawyer his ban post January 6th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

On January 7th....

Anything happen the day before?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Didn't Apple remove Fortnite for this very same thing (charging players via web instead of app to circumvent Apple's cut)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Who the gently caress is that lmao

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

The amount of grasping at straws both Elon and Fox is doing with this twitter files poo poo is so pathetic.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

smoobles posted:

Didn't Apple remove Fortnite for this very same thing (charging players via web instead of app to circumvent Apple's cut)

they did, but then epic sued them over it and the judge ruled that apple has to be more permissive of apps accepting external payments going forwards

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TyrsHTML posted:

The amount of grasping at straws both Elon and Fox is doing with this twitter files poo poo is so pathetic.

The problem is that Trump and his GOP lackeys have been laying the groundwork for this bullshit for years now, crying that "conservative" opinions are censored, while conveniently ignoring that the actual problem is disinformation, hate speech, and bigotry. It's become a cliche, but in their minds "free speech" means "speech without consequences," and they throw absolute tantrums when they are held accountable for anything they say.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

mobby_6kl posted:

Like this?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1601647957350154244

(unless it's been posted on previous pages)

Both the NYT and the author should be ashamed of this stupid article. Boy, I wonder what this Nazi supporting billionaire stands for! He's unbanning racists, but is he only courting controversy? :???:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1601644129922191360

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mobby_6kl posted:

Like this?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1601647957350154244

(unless it's been posted on previous pages)

Yeah what could it be? This is a real head scratcher.

:thunk:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

ymgve posted:

are you sure? isn't it possible that the goatman is trying to sell his gaping hole to fetishists on some obscure site?

it is a bit funny if you actually got a DMCA strike and not a strike for the content though

no, they said now that Elon is in charge I can be a giant rear end in a top hat as much as I want

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/ShellenbergerMD/status/1601778264581627904 This poo poo is genuinely pathetic.

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

This Elon guy is incredibly cool. Prove me wrong!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Analog posted:

This Elon guy is incredibly cool. Prove me wrong!

Concerning

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

/END

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

These goobers are just showing it is basically an impossible problem to run a social network. On the one hand you have laws, social norms and advertiser expectations and on the other you have a bunch of rabid morons who convince themselves that any limitation of the poo poo they or their friends want to spew, regardless of how dangerous is somehow the equivalent to being oppressed by the Nazis.

I would look at that and go "gently caress no" and work on a Web app that lets your dog find play dates at the park instead.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I wonder if those dudes still have to give Elon "Cod(k)e" every week

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buschmaki posted:

I wonder if those dudes still have to give Elon "Cod(k)e" every week

I think Elon is the only employee at twitter now

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Only willing employee. Don't forget he's got his visa employees stuck working there as functionally-indentured servants at the mercy of his whims.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Only willing employee. Don't forget he's got his visa employees stuck working there as functionally-indentured servants at the mercy of his whims.

he started out as a son of a the owner of a slave mine. makes sense

Mumpy Puffinz fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 11, 2022

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He's the only one ever getting credit for anything again!

Until it fails, at which point it's definitely not his fault or even knowledge.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I keep thinking about The Time Machine by H.G. Wells lately. You know in the book how unfettered class division causes human evolution to diverge into two different species, one weak and useless and the other savage and brutal, showcasing how capitalism corrupts us all into our worst selves? And what were the names of the two species, again?

"Eloi Morlock"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm fairly sure someone else (unpaid) is handling the reinstatement of banned accounts because that baked Alaska one is so out of left field. Or imc is telling musk to, which lol

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/JxckSweeney/status/1601793881355739143

Posts from the guy who runs the ElonJet account showing that twitter had the account visibility limited.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

waffle iron posted:

https://twitter.com/JxckSweeney/status/1601793881355739143

Posts from the guy who runs the ElonJet account showing that twitter had the account visibility limited.

leave Elonjet alone. He spent $8.99 to buy the checkmark

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

More people should do their own "TWITTER FILES" dumps with either good dirt on twitter or just make up stuff to spam the search filters for that crap

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

They joke but

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

They joke but

well, that was a thing that happened

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

The Lone Badger posted:

Does it count as fired-for-cause if you didn't come up with the cause until after you fired them?

parallel construction, but for axing employees.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Mulder: they're just gonna sweep it under the rug! Shadow bans, visibility filtering, where does it end?
Scully: Mulder, there's absolutely no evidence for this! And even if it was true, who would benefit?
Mulder: the radical left. Once hard-core voices like Ian Miles Cheong are silenced, Antifa will rise up and take over. there will be no stopping them!
Scully: antifa isn't even an organized phenomenon.

Elon: I have the files Mulder. Call me deep throat.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

priznat posted:

More people should do their own "TWITTER FILES" dumps with either good dirt on twitter or just make up stuff to spam the search filters for that crap

The Twitter Files 426
How elon tweaked the metrics.

With several high profile celebrity accounts exiting and not wanting a stampede for the door Elon decides unbanning people to increase users/activity is the way to go.

“Look how many new users are tweeting” Elon is quoted as saying after unbanning notable racists and nazis. He neglects mention new users are counted as those not having tweeted in the past year.

“Hate speech impressions are down” claimed Elon, once again neglecting to mention the metric used to measure such things was changed: **** is not hate, black people use with each other all the time.

Unverified story that elon tossed out all his NiN cds recently…

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
So is it just me, or are Twitter backup requests still not going through? I had 2 seldom-used accounts and it took me like a week to download and delete the first one. For the second one, I've tried to backup and gotten told I'm receiving an ID code that never comes. The site just gets jankier and jankier.....

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

yeah scrolling is getting more and more buggy for me on web twitter

maybe musky should fire more devs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mx. posted:

yeah scrolling is getting more and more buggy for me on web twitter

Feature, not a bug

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The problem is that Trump and his GOP lackeys have been laying the groundwork for this bullshit for years now, crying that "conservative" opinions are censored, while conveniently ignoring that the actual problem is disinformation, hate speech, and bigotry. It's become a cliche, but in their minds "free speech" means "speech without consequences," and they throw absolute tantrums when they are held accountable for anything they say.

As a mod you should know that this is harder than it sounds. Because those terms are not "codified" and if they were, people would just dog whistle, or go up to the rules. So the defacto results are you shutting down hate speech when a person says "I dont support gay marriage" or are you shutting them down for an opinion?

Is it "disinformation" to provide information regarding horse medication that can be bought at tractor supply to fight covid?

or is it "disinformation" to provide information of horse medication that can be bought at tractor supply to induce abortion?

To break it down along gender/sexual lines is it bigotry for someone to say they are not attracted to men? is it bigotry for someone to say they are not attracted women?

Also the great challenge I see for moderation here and any where is the issue of not just punching down but punching in general, is calling for blood lust on the 1% okay? what about calling for blood lust on criminals? nazis? facists? liberals? monderates? and the right handed?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Ups_rail posted:

As a mod you should know that this is harder than it sounds. Because those terms are not "codified" and if they were, people would just dog whistle, or go up to the rules. So the defacto results are you shutting down hate speech when a person says "I dont support gay marriage" or are you shutting them down for an opinion?

Is it "disinformation" to provide information regarding horse medication that can be bought at tractor supply to fight covid?

or is it "disinformation" to provide information of horse medication that can be bought at tractor supply to induce abortion?

To break it down along gender/sexual lines is it bigotry for someone to say they are not attracted to men? is it bigotry for someone to say they are not attracted women?

Also the great challenge I see for moderation here and any where is the issue of not just punching down but punching in general, is calling for blood lust on the 1% okay? what about calling for blood lust on criminals? nazis? facists? liberals? monderates? and the right handed?

death to nazis is just a good call

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mx. posted:

death to nazis is just a good call

Twice as good if they’re surf nazis

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Watch out you gonna get banned

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

it's a slippery slope until i start calling for the deaths of right-handed people and you know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Ups_rail posted:

This is stupid. Ivermectin did nothing to combat covid so yes, if you're saying "take this horse medication to fight covid" then that's disinformation. It's simply not true. If you're posting "take this horse medication to induce an abortion" and that's incorrect, then it's also disinformation. If horse medication does induce an abortion then it's not disinformation but it does raise questions about how safe that is for humans and that's a different conversation. And of course it's not bigotry to say you aren't attracted to someone. That's a personal statement, not a statement against men/women as a whole. Even getting into "I'm not attracted to black/asian/hispanic men or women" isn't technically hate speech, just outing yourself as a racist, which you're certainly entitled to do.

And calling for the execution of the 1% or nazis is morally correct but legally dubious, which is why it gets moderated on these forums. Calling for death to Jews is not only morally incorrect but also legally dubious and is moderated the same.