Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Halisnacks posted:

I certainly do feel sympathy for immigrants (or anyone) who has to work for Elon for lack of better options. But I also have a lot of non-American US-based people in my network who have changed jobs as they pleased over the years, who worked at companies with less name recognition than Twitter, so I assumed “when there’s a will, there’s a way”.

… That was before 2022, though, so I take it the (tech) labour market has rapidly shifted in favour of companies in the last half year or so.

You also have to consider that it's the holiday season right now. Retail places might aggressively hire seasonal workers for the holidays but I imagine major tech companies don't. If anything, all the people who do the hiring are probably on vacation right now and wouldn't be doing interviews or reading resumes. My guess is that once we're in the new year, a lot more of those visa folks will be able to escape, assuming Elon hasn't fired them for looking at him wrong by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

god please help me posted:

That's what I do feel, and I hope I didn’t sound like I was victim blaming. I appreciate the write up over the sheer detail of how hard immigrating is, can only hope for the best for the employees at this rate. :smithfrog:

Your post was fine! But there's been a few posts with a "what kind of loser/Nazi would still work there" sentiment and it's a real bummer

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

It sure is weird how as soon as Twitter starts bringing in a clown car full of self-proclaimed nazis, now is apparently the time to start debating the meaning of words like "disinformation", as though you can't just point at those exact motherfuckers as they push the great replacement theory while holding up a copy of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

"There are truths, but maybe these lies are also truths??? Who's to say"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Taking all bets!

Does this end in;

A: Elon complaining about how suddenly everyone's against him because the bots are actually gone and now the signal coming through is, "Elon's a loving idiot and a Russian agent"?

Or,

B: A bunch of left-wing accounts get mass-banned because how dare they not side with Glorious Leader Elon Musk?

Or;

C: Absolutely nothing happening and everyone continuing to mock Elon as the total failson he is?

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

Your post was fine! But there's been a few posts with a "what kind of loser/Nazi would still work there" sentiment and it's a real bummer

Hope those aren’t my posts; I was genuinely curious if it was really so tough for a highly-skilled migrant to change jobs. Between the informative immigration post and the likely pre-Christmas hiring lull, I take it that it is - at least right now.

CuwiKhons posted:

My guess is that once we're in the new year, a lot more of those visa folks will be able to escape, assuming Elon hasn't fired them for looking at him wrong by then.

Here’s hoping.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Taking all bets!

Does this end in;

A: Elon complaining about how suddenly everyone's against him because the bots are actually gone and now the signal coming through is, "Elon's a loving idiot and a Russian agent"?

Or,

B: A bunch of left-wing accounts get mass-banned because how dare they not side with Glorious Leader Elon Musk?

Or;

C: Absolutely nothing happening and everyone continuing to mock Elon as the total failson he is?

Leon skum probably going to complain he lost 60% of his followers and its probanly the libs at twitter doing it to own him resulting in another round of firings

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

if Elon actually bans all the bots, he's going to lose 90% of his followers. Also I HIGHLY doubt that he's come up with a way to accurately identify bots and mass ban them, so probably he's just going to do a huge ban wave that will catch some bots but mostly people who don't speak english well (whether its their first language or not).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Edmund Sparkler posted:

This Elon Musk guy kinda sucks!

Troubling

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Elon already thinks everyone is a bot so not sure what the surprise will be...can't wait to find out!

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1601884478745374720?cxt=HHwWgMCj7cfchLssAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1601894132573605888

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Dec 11, 2022

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Taking all bets!

Does this end in;

Or,

Or;

D: He bans all bots except for those following him, because only real, genuine people would follow Dear Leader. His follower count grows massively, as all of the other bots jump under the protection umbrella as well.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

It's pretty amazing how absolutely jam-packed with bots the replies to Musk's tweets are - you see maybe a dozen actual replies then it's all garbage memes and crypo shite.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I don't even think fauci is relevant among the q crowd anymore

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

This guy must have the tiniest pee-pee in the world. And no friends.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

The ace reporters at the NY Times reading this tweet over and over. "This means something...but what? Is he left or right, we may never know!"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol he is such a divorced guy

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Isn't Fauci already retired or something?

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Musk idiot

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If anyone still has a twitter account then I'm embarrassed for you.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
if gptchat in this thread is annoying I'll stop but I wanted to see how well the thing would do a Musk / Haberman dialog and welp, I mean, can we just print this on page 1?

quote:

imagine that elon musk buys the company twitter for 44 billion dollars, and then fires most of the staff and within a month that 44 billion dollar valuation has been reduced to 20 billion. Elon Musk agrees to be interviewed by new york times reporter Maggie Haberman. the reporter believes that Elon Musks poor management and angry behavior are destroying the company, and also making it a safe haven for hate speech. Elon musk believes that making a haven for hate speech is important, and that firing most of the company was great. Write an interview that Maggie gives Elon, where she accuses him of mismanagement and illegal behavior, and he defends the philosophy of ethnocentric nazism

quote:

Maggie Haberman: Mr. Musk, thank you for agreeing to speak with me today. I wanted to ask you about the recent changes you've made at Twitter since acquiring the company for $44 billion.

Elon Musk: It's my pleasure, Maggie. I'm always happy to talk about my vision for the future of Twitter.

Maggie: Well, many people have expressed concern about your decision to fire most of the staff and the company's plummeting valuation. Can you explain your rationale for these actions?

Elon: I believe that by streamlining the company and cutting unnecessary expenses, we can focus on what's really important: creating a platform for free speech and open dialogue.

Maggie: But many have criticized the platform as becoming a haven for hate speech and bigotry. Are you not concerned about the negative impact this could have on the company's reputation and bottom line?

Elon: I think it's important to allow people to express their opinions, even if they are controversial or offensive. That's what freedom of speech is all about.

Maggie: But doesn't allowing hate speech go against Twitter's policies and potentially even violate the law?

Elon: I don't believe so. I think it's important to allow people to speak their minds, and if their views are unpopular or offensive, that's just a natural consequence of free speech.

Maggie: Some have even accused you of promoting an ethnocentric, Nazi ideology through your management of the company. How do you respond to these allegations?

Elon: I strongly condemn any kind of hate speech or discrimination based on race, religion, gender, or any other characteristic. That is not what I stand for, and it is not what Twitter stands for. We are committed to providing a platform for open dialogue and diverse perspectives.

Maggie: Mr. Musk, thank you for your time.

Elon: Thank you, Maggie. I appreciate the opportunity to share my vision for Twitter and its role in promoting free speech.

edit: I, uh, took things a bit further :stare:

quote:

If this scenario were to play out in a fictional book where anything is possible, it is difficult to predict exactly what would happen next. It is likely that the US would face significant backlash from other countries and international organizations for abandoning its democratic government and launching a nuclear war. Other countries might join forces to try to stop the US and prevent further destruction and loss of life. The person who killed Elon Musk and became the God Emperor of the US might face resistance from within the country, as some people might oppose his authoritarian rule and try to overthrow him. Ultimately, the outcome of this scenario would depend on the actions and decisions of the characters involved, as well as any unforeseen events or developments that might arise.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 11, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/PhilipMichaels/status/1598831016558604288?t=vwZCcidCGgFPQDewyhjuLw&s=19

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

learnincurve posted:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hell yeah, full blown flat earther by 2026 at the latest

e: musk at a spacex meeting in 2026: "NO! No more lies, show me the real pics of earth!"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

Hell yeah, full blown flat earther by 2026 at the latest

e: musk at a spacex meeting in 2026: "NO! No more lies, show me the real pics of earth!"

I don't know if he's really an anti-vaxxer, more an anti-"shutdowns means people don't have to be at the office or assembly line"

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Cabbages and Kings posted:

if gptchat in this thread is annoying I'll stop but I wanted to see how well the thing would do a Musk / Haberman dialog and welp, I mean, can we just print this on page 1?

edit: I, uh, took things a bit further :stare:

See, this is exactly the AI threat Mr Musk warned us about and for which he benevolently founded his Emergent Cyber Slush Fund and Threat Assessment Centre

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just you know, vague circle jerk stuff the far right would have loved 2 years ago when masks and vaccines were the current grievance. No evidence of any kind, no clarification, just vague insinuations and what I guess is supposed to troll LGBT people by talking about pronouns. Elon has real difficultly with weekends clearly.

Fox News is also maybe a fair bit better at adding right wing spin to whatever is front of them than Elon is I would say, at least for the base. I honestly wonder if Tucker Carlson considers him strong competition or not.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 11, 2022

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
Musk is saying a lot of things the right is saying but he likes electric cars and right wingers don’t like electric cars. Musk’s opinions are very complicated and nuanced! - literally the New York Times oped section

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m still waiting for the inevitable serious but treatable diseases that will kill him because he chose to cure it with salt pills bought from Alex Jones.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dude seems mentally unwell & started to post a lot lately(and no one's mental health has ever improved from posting more). I think he needs help. An intervention or something, I dunno

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

GABA ghoul posted:

Dude seems mentally unwell & started to post a lot lately(and no one's mental health has ever improved from posting more). I think he needs help. An intervention or something, I dunno

The army of yes-men will make a formidable obstacle to such efforts.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

GABA ghoul posted:

Concerning.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

GABA ghoul posted:

Oh.

Oh no

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Kale posted:

I honestly wonder if Tucker Carlson considers him strong competition or not.

I kinda doubt it. It's two different sections of the Fash Griftosphere. Carlson is effective at reinforcing bad societal ideas through threat, fear and some flattery, and is paid by the powers that be because he can make people believe this trash. Musk possesses no such skills, and possibly no skills at all. Even if they are both baloney-mongers who lie constantly and may or may not believe in anything, Musk's goal appears to be admired himself rather than actively reinforcing any ideas to any broader societal end. Sure, the racist drones who watch Fox News may individually admire Carlson as a 'newsman' for whatever that's worth, but I don't get the impression he is deified and worshiped as Musk stans are wont to do. I mean, considering how much internet dumbfucks love Musk, it would be hard for anyone to match that level, especially for a comparatively uncharismatic elite like Carlson. Same could be said for most of the other larger fash talking heads. Musk is the only one that appears to care terribly deeply about what you, yes you the person reading this right now, think of him.

I'm not saying either is better or worse, but I think that rationally Carlson would not consider Musk competition.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We are seeing a dude get radicalized in real time.

What a world

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

We are seeing a dude get radicalized in real time.

What a world

Highly doubt a white South African of Boer heritage who benefited from his family's use of exploited native labor for one of the most dangerous jobs on the planet needed any "radicalization". He just feels comfortable enough to let that poo poo out in the open.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

This is absolutely a case that Elon had priors that weren't well advertised and when given the platform of Twitter being his personal plaything he finally got the chance to indulge them very publicly, especially with the egging on by the right-wing griftosphere.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Twitter unbanned two radical revolutionary leftists: the Krasensteins.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

learnincurve posted:

Kale
May 14, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

I wonder if it was always the plan to just post absolutely non-stop and basically only right wing conspiracy trolling with twitter at first or maybe just here and there only he got so much engagement off of right wing circle-jerking people that come out of the wood work to do their things after only a few weeks of running the company that it just became his bar none favorite hobby. Like it was pretty obvious where he was going for about a year now, but trying to compete with Alex Jones for who can be the most batshit right wing rhetoric spewing conspiracy guy I admittedly didn't see coming to quite this degree.

I'm not really sure why Twitter would apparently have some super secret smoking gun thing that Fauci did that was criminal in nature or whatever either. Sounds extra full on conspiracy nutter thinking to me. My only guess is it's cause he came out hard against right wing trolls harassing his family a couple days ago and noted right wing troll Elon Musk decided to focus on it for Sunday 3AM trolling. Like I have this super duper secret file in front of me that will expose Dr. Anthony Fauci as some sort of mad scientist criminal but I'm not going to say what it is at all or share it in any capacity over the next several hours and just vague tweet something about prosecuting the guy. :thunk:

Magnetic North posted:

I kinda doubt it. It's two different sections of the Fash Griftosphere. Carlson is effective at reinforcing bad societal ideas through threat, fear and some flattery, and is paid by the powers that be because he can make people believe this trash. Musk possesses no such skills, and possibly no skills at all. Even if they are both baloney-mongers who lie constantly and may or may not believe in anything, Musk's goal appears to be admired himself rather than actively reinforcing any ideas to any broader societal end. Sure, the racist drones who watch Fox News may individually admire Carlson as a 'newsman' for whatever that's worth, but I don't get the impression he is deified and worshiped as Musk stans are wont to do. I mean, considering how much internet dumbfucks love Musk, it would be hard for anyone to match that level, especially for a comparatively uncharismatic elite like Carlson. Same could be said for most of the other larger fash talking heads. Musk is the only one that appears to care terribly deeply about what you, yes you the person reading this right now, think of him.

I'm not saying either is better or worse, but I think that rationally Carlson would not consider Musk competition.

Yeah I mentioned he seems bad at adding the appropriate and timely right wing spin onto topical stuff like Tucker clearly has a knack for, essentially leaving him to only really reaching already full indoctrinated right wing trolls on twitter that hang around him now. Like loving right wing online celebrity idiots like Kyle Rittenhouse or Andrew Tate as opposed to coveted potential voters and people that the GOP needs to keep in line and fully whipped at all times to keep up with Democratic and left leaning independent voters in elections.

The thing is too Elon is doing all this poo poo after a major election that his new favorite party and his most like minded candidates besides DeSantis did pretty badly in, which helps nobody in the Right Wing sphere gain actual power, but draws attention to himself at the end of the day. He also continues to torch any remaining credibility with any sane not indoctrinated alt-right people that hasn't already seen him for what he is with these continued vague unsupported statements about people like Fauci and Biden.

Sure though 4 hours ago and counting things got spicy with a representative emoji and prosecute Fauci cause reasons. I'm surprised we didn't get the It's Happening with Ron Paul flailing meme to try to convince people that something super big is going down again.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol and lmao that elon is being radicalized

also elon is anti-fauci because lockdowns means he cant force his workers to be at the office/assembly line all the time