Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

eightysixed posted:

Am I the only goon left playing World of Tank: Blitz on the Nintendo Switch?

Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I unlocked the Conqueror. Jesus loving christ, 51 000 XP just to start the grind on the only gun upgrade, which is 60 000 xp. Otherwise you have basically a larger, slower Caernarvon at T9.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Whenever a Conqueror hits me for 280 damage I just think "Lunchtime!"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Whenever a Conqueror hits me for 280 damage I just think "Lunchtime!"

Whenever I hit someone for 280 I think "maybe 2000 gold isn't that much, I could have the big gun right now".

Sayara
May 10, 2009

sauer kraut posted:

Don't grind the Jap heavies. Any gold shell will pen them right through the turret front (10x easier then even Germans), and uhh credits are not really an issue atm.
Type 5 is not even 300mm thick, many tier 8 mediums can do that now.

Yeah, I think I'll stop this line at tier 7, I like it and tier 6 for some odd reason, while the later ones get to be put in games with vastly better counterparts.

Also figured out why the MoE values are so odd. They were simply based on the number of games I had played with the tank, and comparing them to others with similar number of games.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Also a big gently caress you to whoever decided that roughly half the daily missions for the holiday missions are "block 3000 damage" or "be the number one on your team for damage blocked". Skill and QB have had some good rants about how stupid and counter productive this blocking poo poo is, and yet they just keep putting it in everywhere.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Boy this game is so fun to play.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

McGavin posted:

Probably.

Fair enough :downsgun:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Boy this game is so fun to play.

i find killing the opponents rather than allowing them to kill you results in a greater chance at victory. maybe try that next time

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i find killing the opponents rather than allowing them to kill you results in a greater chance at victory. maybe try that next time

:hmmyes:

I'll keep that in mind!

E: I think the biggest thing holding back the averages for the BZ-176 is that most pubbies who play it are loving idiots who try to snipe from the backline and finish their games with ~600 damage. If you actively push in and brawl, you will just absolutely gently caress fools up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l41OljsDTr0

I haven't played mine too much but even averaging ~2500 damage a game my stats are PURPLE AS gently caress, which is just baffling considering how much damage you can rack up in this thing.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 12, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo the Conqueror is fun. The Caernarvon never clicked for me and I almost didn't even get the Conqueror because I figured the play style just didn't work for me, but good lord this thing is rocking.

A question, though: is there much point in getting the Super Conqueror? It looks to have the same gun and a fairly similar turret, but I guess it also has more HP and basically the same matchmaking (plus 3D skins).

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Super Conqueror is a good tank for Ranked now that the Kranvagn was nerfed to poo poo.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Besides the things you already mention between the T9 and T10, the T10 does have better armor and cleans up some weakspots on the front turret.

Its worth getting, but do keep the T9.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Besides the things you already mention between the T9 and T10, the T10 does have better armor and cleans up some weakspots on the front turret.

Its worth getting, but do keep the T9.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Both tanks' weaknesses are the turret ring and the empty void behind the gun barrel.
The ring on the Super is 25mm stronger, making it a gold pen only.
The gun shield/block of spaced armor in front of the empty void is angled more sharply on the Super, and the small flat part right around the barrel is stronger just like the turret ring.

Oh and whatever unfortunate things are happening to you with the Conq's copula are stamped out by rounding it off, and putting spaced armor in front of it.
It's worth the worse MM, tier 9 hasn't been what it used to be for me anyway. Feels like 75% bottom tier.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 12, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/4DuLkiY.mp4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Did you ammo rack that tank by ramming into it?

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
I gave in and bought the small stack of boxes. Received one tank and it's the M47 Arnie, if I remember the name correctly. What are the thoughts/reviews/tips-and-tricks/glaring-weaknesses to consider for this one?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's a better Super Patriot. Really good turret armour, decent gun. Not the most accurate so you don't want to be sniping, not good DPM either.

Skill's videos are pretty good.

And I swear to god this game is loving unplayable right now. It's absolutely unbelievable how loving awful most of the players are, and unless you're top tier (and you're not, it's -2 all the way) you can just go gently caress yourself in your T7 shitbox while your T9 heavy hides from an IS all game long and finishes with 0 damage.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsuHkCFh1uo

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 13, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I love that pretty much half of Skill's games end up like this nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEOPePuff4k&t=479s

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Not all of them, he just tried to mark the T-54 mod. 1 and gave up after 90min of nonstop eating poo poo.
Also finally downgraded the Patriot from good to meh at best, after getting farmed in it for days also.

Nice haul with the Iron Arnie, keep moving to prevent easy cupola shots and you'll be a-ok.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
There really should be a way to sell excess garage slots. 123 of the loving things for 300g apiece, if I could sell 100 of them 1:1 for silver, that'd be 12m credits and I'd still have 23 left over.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They should just make it so you can't get more garage slots than there are tanks in the game.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
You also have to love how stingy the "token" rewards are. 2000 resources for a loving coin, and when you get a consumable, they can't even make them a stack of five by default.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/h2IxfRH.mp4

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Pioneer42 posted:

I gave in and bought the small stack of boxes. Received one tank and it's the M47 Arnie, if I remember the name correctly. What are the thoughts/reviews/tips-and-tricks/glaring-weaknesses to consider for this one?

I really like the Iron Arnie. The gun can definitely leave me frustrated, but everything else about the tank mostly makes up for it. The frontal armor is almost idiot proof as long as you keep moving between shots and don't try to fight tier 10s with it.

WoT gods punishing you for not shooting gold.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 14, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

BZ is legitimately fun to play, unlike the Caliban. It's terrible at ramming for some reason though, even with a turbo and grousers and spall liner and rockets lit.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/Uf7O21e.mp4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sic Semper Light Tanks

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

I swear that the friction in that part of the map is screwed up. Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY9YNF5MMQo

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/abmtfYu.mp4

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Soaprock derby.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hmm china rocket tank does look fun to play not sure if fun enough though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

Hmm china rocket tank does look fun to play not sure if fun enough though.

It is very fun. It's also so blatantly OP if you know how to play even a little bit that there's a good chance they won't sell it again any time soon. Then again they are very greedy so vOv.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It is very fun. It's also so blatantly OP if you know how to play even a little bit that there's a good chance they won't sell it again any time soon. Then again they are very greedy so vOv.

It's so horrible to face against that Skill gave up on marking Skoda T56 and started to mark LT432 instead. :aloom:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The BZ-176 is so horrible...

HOW HORRIBLE IS IT?

It's so horrible that even a not that great player like me can do a casual 6000 damage in it.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/6429402

E: thank god for shitters like this guy dragging the averages down so WG won't nerf it

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 14, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
6k damage. 1st mastery badge.

Clearly a balanced tank.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol that 6000 damage game was my WoT damage record apparently.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Thanks to this I was finally able to get this beautiful tank.

Now that I am done whaling. I am back to playing tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

Thanks to this I was finally able to get this beautiful tank.

Now that I am done whaling. I am back to playing tanks.

Come on, spill the beans. Which of the big prizes did you get?