Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I made a moonrock once just to see what all the fuss was. I won't be making a second

e: what a terrible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

interwhat posted:

Why the contamination? Dudes at grow ops picking their nose and rolling buds I goop all day?

This is my sentiment on smoking dabs and poo poo too. If it's rock hard tar before you smoke it/vape it, what do you think it returns to in your lungs?

Guess I found the perfect use for this gunk.

So a moonrock is filled with oil, rolled in kief, on a bud.

That's a lot of humidity trapped in side of this thing. And it's all plant based. Trapping humidity inside of a bus is going to cause bacteria to grow quickly.

It's nasty nasty stuff.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

interwhat posted:

This is my sentiment on smoking dabs and poo poo too. If it's rock hard tar before you smoke it/vape it, what do you think it returns to in your lungs?

You don't have to worry about this

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's a lot of humidity trapped in side of this thing. And it's all plant based. Trapping humidity inside of a bus is going to cause bacteria to grow quickly.

It's nasty nasty stuff.

Pasteurize your moon rocks before smoking, please.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Inspector Hound posted:

You don't have to worry about this

drat, thanks. PHEW.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Here's the finished product. Gonna let these baddies chill, pop em out later and dice them up, bag em and pop em in the fridge for the next couple week's medicine.

Just sort of rolling with the moonrocks are %50 THC theory, there is up to 1000mg of THC here.

Quick edit: my first go at mixing moonrock and peanut butter for fire crackers resulted in a very strange time at a show I really wanted to enjoy, this is a way smarter, predictable way to dose on the reg.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It's nasty nasty stuff.

This seems a little overly-worrysome considering flame is applied, but to each their own. Happy smoking.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

interwhat posted:

drat, thanks. PHEW.

I don't know how to reassure you better than that; it's concentrated resin and/or trichomes, the same stuff you're smoking when you hit a bowl or even vape, there's just less chlorophyll and ash. As far as contaminants go, any store you buy weed from will have already tested for contaminants before it hits the shelves.

I mostly don't smoke moon rocks because they're harsh as heck and I can't keep them lit it my bong, even if I crumble them up.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Finally got my Arizer tracking yesterday, and it'll was supposed to arrive next Wednesday and now it's delayed until Friday. lol, oh well.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
You guys ever smoke weed...ON WEED?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

His little head dip makes me laugh even thinking about it

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

LifeSunDeath posted:

way ahead of ya :2bong:

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

:420:
:420:

yes

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's kind of early but I think I need to smoke weed already...just one of those days.

my partner (who smokes weed like, seven times a year) asked me if I wanted to get high at like 10am yesterday because the kids we in childcare for hours to go and we were sitting down to watch the last episode of The Expanse. Fuckin rules, even if I overdid it a little and gave myself some Space Battle Tachycardia.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

interwhat posted:

This is sacrilege to most I'm sure, but my guy brought over 6 grams or so of "moonrock". It clearly had melted, so it was a almost black goopy mess without any real visible kief. Scraping a little off into a bowl produces a very nice smoke and high, it's legit.

I like to smoke at home and out and about, but I need to have weed's wonderful blessing while at work as well. Carts and smoke give me that 15 mins of anxiety, super red eyes, and paranoia that I just can't worry about while working, so the solution is edibles. Due to the potency of moonrock, upwards of 50%, I decided butter would be the perfect vessel to dose this stuff. It was free to me, so I don't feel I'm wasting it.

1g of moonrock, 1 stick of butter.... Bunch of half assed math and... My guess, 20-30mg of THC/TBSP.

Making my second batch, doubling weed and butter, so same formula.

My primary reasoning for doing this is skipping the decarb step. I hate decarbing flower because it stinks so drat much, and because being close to it's purest form, 2-3 hours in a double boiler seems to be plenty enough to get the weed into the butter.

When the butter was done cooking I strained into a silicone mold that makes slightly larger than a tbsp of butter molds. I cut each tab into six individual pieces. One piece=one comfortable dose for 3 to 4 hours. Being that it's a small amount of butter, I just put the stuff in my morning coffee and sip it.

This has been a godsend for me given the frustration and disappointment I deal with every day at work. I feel great, not stressed out, focused, and probably look a little high, but I couldn't give a poo poo less. Give it a shot.

I'm inn Ohio, where medical is legal, but record numbers of people aren't renewing their cards($200, I think). They can just make the drive into Michigan for pennies on the dollar and don't have to worry about their guns or whatever. I would get the med stuff from friends with cards, not a reliable way to get weed btw, but you would pay $50 for 11 count 10mg pieces. That's stupid.

hello did u know u can just move to Michigan and leave Ohio behind

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Amuse has to be the most awful store in the universe I swear like how do you give insane deals but then say "oh with your combined deals you're under the cart minimum" and then charge 30 dollars tax on top of that at checkout? Taxes were a mistake.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.elementvape.com/

FYI I bought 2x Yocan UNI Pro's, 1x Yocan UNI Pro Plus, 2x M3 Batteries for like $80 and I got them shipped to my door in like 3 days, so... Place is legit and rules

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Gettin my fam lit on solid batteries y'all

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
So I got really high in the middle of making my latest batch of brownies. Not sure where I hosed up, but I think I didn't burn off all the water in my weed butter and I was too high to tell.

Anyway, I poured in the brownie mix and I basically ended up with dark brown water instead of batter, which was bad. So I decided the correct course of action was to simmer the batter. This caused solid masses to start forming, so I through the batter into the oven as is.

It took several hours, but they kind of solidified. They're somewhere between a pudding and a pastry, but they work.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
When I’m really high,I feel like I can come up with a decent sentence to say or to type, but then spend the next couple minutes half guessing it. Like my brain reacts instantly to something appropriate to say or write, but then my stoned brain tries to think about it and worries it’s nonsense.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
That was me at my wife's company Christmas party last night. It was fantasy themed and there were Shreks everywhere and I was high as balls.

So I'm drinking beer with people in fairy cosplay pretending to be wizards and poo poo and my brain starts trying to formulate on theme things to say them when I realize that a lot of the people with elf ears on really cannot pull off being an elf.

I was working on some variation of, "I get why the other elves tried to prevent you from leaving Valinor," but I just couldn't make it work. Then my wife told me that it was late, I had been sitting at our table for three hours, it was time to leave and that she was very thankful I didn't embarrass her this time by drinking too much so yay weed.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

So I got properly high last night after 6 months of microdosing with the Dynavap and I realise that my tolerance ain't poo poo. Made brownies with like 2 tablespoons ABV stirred into a packet of brownie mix and a bite sent me into space for 5+ hours. Maybe it was being at a friend's house who punched his wall every time England were fouled but that was not an experience I'd care to repeat

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Went to two weed stores today.

Wasn't buying a lot, just forgot that my usual place is closed on Sundays

Good to have a fallback that seems pretty nice though. Tiny hole in the wall place

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Anyone ever get hayfever from the weed pollen? I think this batch is making me sneeze.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ReelBigLizard posted:

Anyone ever get hayfever from the weed pollen? I think this batch is making me sneeze.

I have this weird thing on nights I vape a lot of flower, where I will slowly, over hours, build a sneeze

I start feeling this weird, almost anxious-adjacent feeling, and then this sensation in my face, and then just the mother of all sneezes. Disgusting sneeze.

And then I feel amazing.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does the Dynavap cap wear out? My smoking buddy and I have been Dynavap around the same time and a lot of the time now neither of our caps click and we end up burning the weed because of it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

sigher posted:

Does the Dynavap cap wear out? My smoking buddy and I have been Dynavap around the same time and a lot of the time now neither of our caps click and we end up burning the weed because of it.

I have heard it can crack, like the inside clicker part.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

sigher posted:

Tried soaking it in alcohol? Might just be gummed up.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

ReelBigLizard posted:

Tried soaking it in alcohol? Might just be gummed up.

Do not do that to the caps. They should not be soaked in iso per dynavap.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
You can squeak some more life out of them but they do eventually stop. An alcohol soak and an ultrasonic bath helps but its not a permanent fix. I use a non-clicker in the induction heater and save the working clickers for when I have to use the torch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Both of our caps are pretty blackened and discolored at this point so I think I'll just order some new ones.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I’ve been using the same cap every day since 2018. I swab the inside with iso weekly, and boil it in white vinegar a few times a year. Still works great.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Merry weedmass :420:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 14, 2022

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
One of my friends managed to get some mushroom spores to help us get through January/February slump.

e: Merry Happy!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVdKwvMibiU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

:catstare:

e: its like the mr.fusion of weed

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 14, 2022

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So gently caress me royally, right as I'm out of weed I get sick and it might be COVID (first timer!) so I don't have anything to smoke. However, I do have a lot of keef built up in my grinder but I've never smoked straight keef, only on joints.

I'm desperate, how hosed am I if I pack up my Dynavap with pure keef?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Yeh that'll work

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sigher posted:

So gently caress me royally, right as I'm out of weed I get sick and it might be COVID (first timer!) so I don't have anything to smoke. However, I do have a lot of keef built up in my grinder but I've never smoked straight keef, only on joints.

i'd be careful honestly. for one thing, covid can involve a lot of brain fog and weird emotional states, so getting high will not necessarily be the same as normal. it will almost definitely make the brain fog worse for one thing. im not saying to stay entirely sober but like, go really small. you'll want to ration anyway since you should be isolating for a while

edit: i said "for one thing" twice so i guess thats for two things. im high

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

sigher posted:

I did edibles while I had covid, was way easier.