Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Veteran is probably fine, Power Sword is very silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Power Sword is bullshit, sure, but Veteran isn't OP it's just that the other three classes feat trees are completely haphazard and completely unfocused by comparison.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Yeah. Like. The Psycher has Duelling Swords as a unique weapon -- why?
They're very fun, and I like using them, but it's pretty hard to justify taking one instead of a Force Sword, because they have no synergy at all with my class's thing!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Anything is on the table because 40k is make-believe

I'm gonna figure you're having a laugh with this, but I'll disagree mostly because it'd be real immersion breaking to just have like, a termagaunt or lictor just casually blasting heretics alongside the rest of the Rejects. Incredibly funny IMO, but also very wtf c'mon now fatshark.

Ngl actually that sounds awesome now that I've typed it out.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Evil Kit posted:

I'm gonna figure you're having a laugh with this, but I'll disagree mostly because it'd be real immersion breaking to just have like, a termagaunt or lictor just casually blasting heretics alongside the rest of the Rejects. Incredibly funny IMO, but also very wtf c'mon now fatshark.

Dawn of war 2 last stand was basically that, and it was dope

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Evil Kit posted:

I'm half serious, I think you can do a lot of wacky stuff and it won't matter because maintaining verisimilitude is secondary in a game like this. They're putting psykers on the street unsupervised, giving rare weapons and technology to prisoners, you're raw dogging nurgle troops with no face mask and opening them up with chainswords. I just don't think trying to reconcile all the different lore poo poo is valuable in this context. That's just me though

E: Also four low-power randos are killing hundreds of dudes in minutes, the list goes on

Orv
May 4, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm half serious, I think you can do a lot of wacky stuff and it won't matter because maintaining verisimilitude is secondary in a game like this. They're putting psykers on the street unsupervised, giving rare weapons and technology to prisoners, you're raw dogging nurgle troops with no face mask and opening them up with chainswords. I just don't think trying to reconcile all the different lore poo poo is valuable in this context. That's just me though

E: Also four low-power randos are killing hundreds of dudes in minutes, the list goes on

I mean I partially agree but also I'd find it fairly silly to have xenos or whatever on our side. "It's make believe" can do a lot but you don't want to run entirely roughshod over the established stuff, that's why a lot of people are here, liberties or not.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It would be a bit silly but I'm just saying I wouldn't care as long as it's fun. Inquisitors can break pretty much any rule to a sufficient degree to justify weird poo poo in a video game. The real reality-warping situation would be the game being stable enough to receive content updates within the next 12 months

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm half serious, I think you can do a lot of wacky stuff and it won't matter because maintaining verisimilitude is secondary in a game like this. They're putting psykers on the street unsupervised, giving rare weapons and technology to prisoners

I mean we're talking about the Inquisition, giving the good stuff to acolytes who have proven themselves to be absolute murder machines is perfectly in keeping with 40k lore, ditto psykers under a radical inquisitor. Regarding "low power randos," I don't agree with that statement at its face, we have multiple wounds (depending on difficulty at least one more than standard with the ability to stack on more) we're clearly powerful solo models.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

You may be a low power rando but im built different (tzeentch put my butt on the front as a joke)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anyone ever grab one of those random weapons for 200 mission commissary whatever points? Are they purples or something else?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Anyone ever grab one of those random weapons for 200 mission commissary whatever points? Are they purples or something else?

Randomly anything, mostly greys.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

Randomly anything, mostly greys.

gross

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The game is doing everything in its power to keep me from finishing 2 missions before I have to go to work and the weeklies reset.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm sure there's certain lines that GW isn't gonna let Fatshark cross listed out in a contract somewhere, which sucks but makes sense considering how tightfisted they are with their handing out their IPs. One can hope though.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Best part of 40k is that you can justify pretty much anything happening as "warp fuckery," "emergency Inquisitorial powers," or "galaxy-spanning bureaucratic fuckup."

Imperials working with cannibal bird-lizards? "Yeah man, this planet is gonna explode in about an hour and I don't see any other capable trackers around do you?"

Space-general somehow being in multiple warzones spanning across the galaxy centuries apart? "Oh there was a nasty space-storm along the way and we got there before we left our previous destination."

Psi Cannons and Digital Weapons being handed off to literal convicts? "We found a huge pile of them in an ancient crate labelled 'hamdingers' buried in the sand."

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

S.J. posted:

Power Sword is bullshit, sure, but Veteran isn't OP it's just that the other three classes feat trees are completely haphazard and completely unfocused by comparison.

The best ranged class is also the best melee class rn. This isn't rocket science, a nerf to Veteran is basically inevitable. It will probably come in the form of power sword nerfs.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

big cummers ONLY posted:

Anything is on the table because 40k is make-believe

except for games workshop being very insistent on stuff fitting with their lore

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

The best ranged class is also the best melee class rn. This isn't rocket science, a nerf to Veteran is basically inevitable. It will probably come in the form of power sword nerfs.

Yeah thats what almost everyone in the thread has been saying or asking for right?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Youtuber spends 3400 Melk Coins and get's trash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROG_8xDGd0Y

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

juggalo baby coffin posted:

except for games workshop being very insistent on stuff fitting with their lore

ChickenHeart posted:

Best part of 40k is that you can justify pretty much anything happening as "warp fuckery," "emergency Inquisitorial powers," or "galaxy-spanning bureaucratic fuckup."

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
I may as well just queue up for rank 2 missions because everyone queuing for 3 for me is lvl 4, sigh.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Zzulu posted:

Veterans are crazy overpowered though and should be nerfed

veterans would be fine if they were more shooty and less powerswordy

having the best melee weapon in the game is really loving everything up for everyone else

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Space-Kerilian is inevitable

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Vagabong posted:

Space-Kerilian is inevitable

lumberfoot

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
plasteelfoot

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

I believe the void strike fires a railgun Mega Man blast, whereas the fireball staff from VT2 lobbed an exploding fireball. I don't recall anyone but Arghy claiming they are literally the same, and, well, Arghy. Not to say the void strike won't face a nerf anyway IDK it's just that it doesn't appear to be a copy paste of a VT2 weapon.

The voidstrike just has too much blow through as its suspiciously similar to the plasma gun so i'm guessing they just copy pasted it. In VT2 at launch the fireball had insane cleave and would go through entire hordes knocking them over with a minimum build up so you'd lob basketballs non stop slaughtering everything, then they nerfed it into the ground and it'd explode on the first target. Years later during some rebalancing they brought it back by increasing its cleave again but it'd go through half a horde then explode so it was amazing but they nerfed it in a couple of weeks.

The fireball staff was always supposed to be similar to the bolter where it did single target damage and exploded/staggered in a radius around it. Seeing as it currently trivializes the other staffs by doing their job without any downsides its going to get nerfed into the ground likely becoming a weak long ranged explosion.

The pysker has an identity issue because you can't really modify head pop which is apparently the classes entire focus. They need to make the staves modify head pop and put the unique attacks on its light attack while right click is head pop with the stave. I think the problem is the pysker needs enemy pyskers so until we get chaos sorcerers and rogue pyskers the class will feel very listless. Being able to have pyshic duels with a powerful mini control boss that either distract it or outright kill it will be amazing.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

withoutclass posted:

I may as well just queue up for rank 2 missions because everyone queuing for 3 for me is lvl 4, sigh.

Hop in the Goon Discord linked in the OP, there's loads of fun to be had there with players who don't suck! (Except for me)

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

marshmallow creep posted:

I have a 510 Kantrael Mk XII and it felt very underwhelming against anything I wanted it for on Heresy today.

Speaking of heresy, I am at that point where Malice is too easy but overcoming the skill issue to handle heresy is real rough.

Few pages back but the Mk XII has carried our Damnation group so hard that our Preacher is running it too now. Check the damage in the testing ground and make sure you're 1 shotting all the basic mobs (except bucketheads) and getting 2-3 shot kills on all the specials. I have a ton of different XII's and a damage stat in the mid 60's for a Vet seems to get there.

Also, watch out that the Sniper perk (more damage the farther you are) seems to be permanently on in the testing ground! Not sure if that's true for the game proper (the reverse was true for the T6 talents around highlighting and refreshing on launch).

Ellipson fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 11, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the mark 12 is so good that i can’t imagine going back to any other lasgun

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Kith posted:

veterans would be fine if they were more shooty and less powerswordy

having the best melee weapon in the game is really loving everything up for everyone else

just give the power sword to zealot and both veterans and zealots are great classes

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

ZombyDog posted:

Youtuber spends 3400 Melk Coins and get's trash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROG_8xDGd0Y

I spent some, because there's nothing else to use them on right now, and the regular store wouldn't give me a VId for days. Got a purple one with good stats.

Of course, then they started showing up in the store and I soon replaced it.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Mr. Fish posted:

Hop in the Goon Discord linked in the OP, there's loads of fun to be had there with players who don't suck! (Except for me)

Well then there'd be two of us :xd:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I just play with the bad people and sometimes I get surprised. We cleared a Malice High-Intensity with everyone at level 9-12 and it's not like we were great players. Me as ogryn and another ogryn were okay but the zealot was rushing ahead and getting downed alone while the psyker checked every nook and cranny for grimoires which we absolutely did not want to do. I couldn't believe we cleared it. One of us made a mistake and ate poo poo on nearly every fight

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Re: psyker with guns - I appreciate that they present it as an option, but in practice it waters down the loot pools and keeps me from getting the good psyker toys in the store and as mission rewards. I struggle to get a force staff above 330 raw, and meanwhile the game keeps throwing near perfect guns at me. I got a level 510 orange autogun and a 465 purple accatran on my psyker that I'll probably never use because it's not mind bullets or fire/lightning.

I think they're is a world where the guns can be a thing on psyker later down the line. If they do a divination subclass and pull inspiration from the Dark Heresy tabletop games, Diviners had a number of gun-wizard powers based around impossible trick shots, literally "skip a bullet off a coin and ricochet it into the enemies eye" type stuff.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Never again.

If I knew how much bullshit I'd have to go through to get this I never would have started

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Never again.

If I knew how much bullshit I'd have to go through to get this I never would have started

How many missions do you figure you had to actually complete to get that 25?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Never again.

Now do it 2 more times and you can afford one of the items from Melk's!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

litany of gulps posted:

How many missions do you figure you had to actually complete to get that 25?

39~41. I was counting, but I may have miscounted.

I stopped using quick join and then they all counted towards the commission. Sometimes when you join a specific mission it starts you in the middle, but those still counted, so I figure that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

One of the very first 40k novels was about an inquisitor who's retinue included a female assasin that could turn into a genestealer, for some reason I can't remember