Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Infinitum posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hey mods, maybe make a comment on what was removed here? Now it looks like they got the probe for the only image that remains, making the probe reason hella weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004

Karate Bastard posted:

Hey mods, maybe make a comment on what was removed here? Now it looks like they got the probe for the only image that remains, making the probe reason hella weird.

I've forgotten exactly what it was, but the rap sheet's got the gist of it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Karate Bastard posted:

The age gap between Legolas (2931) and Gimli (139) is incredibly problematic.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Not a mod but it was yikesaroo memes about noncing

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Karate Bastard posted:

The pedo memes are quoted further down the thread, but agreed. I spent like 30 seconds trying to interpret that meme and what the hell it even meant that was apparently bad enough to get the probe-ban-probe trifecta before reading past it and realizing the bad memes were gone.

I still have no clue what the remaining meme is referencing, but just to be safe I'm never going to post about sitting on 43.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Knormal posted:

I still have no clue what the remaining meme is referencing, but just to be safe I'm never going to post about sitting on 43.

The first line is an actual line from the Two Towers movie, the second Lord of the Rings movie in the Peter Jackson LotR trilogy. Gimli (beardy dwarf) and Legolas (long-haired twink elf) are competing to see who can kill more enemy combatants, and Gimli has killed 43. "Sitting pretty" is just a perfectly normal English idiom for "being in a favorable position."

The second line is referencing a scene between them in the Return of the King movie (the third LotR movie), where Gimli says "I never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf," and Legolas responds "what about side by side with a friend?"

So the meme is mashing those two scenes together to create the implication that Legolas wants to gently caress Gimli. It is a surprising non sequitur, to both Gimli and the reader, hence Gimli's response of "what".

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Mods???

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Karate Bastard posted:

To clarify, I meant "update that post with a comment on what was removed ". Me I know full well what was removed, and good job, but to everyone who doesn't, the probe reason plus the post as it currently looks is not a good look.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

DontMockMySmock posted:

The first line is an actual line from the Two Towers movie, the second Lord of the Rings movie in the Peter Jackson LotR trilogy. Gimli (beardy dwarf) and Legolas (long-haired twink elf) are competing to see who can kill more enemy combatants, and Gimli has killed 43. "Sitting pretty" is just a perfectly normal English idiom for "being in a favorable position."

The second line is referencing a scene between them in the Return of the King movie (the third LotR movie), where Gimli says "I never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf," and Legolas responds "what about side by side with a friend?"

So the meme is mashing those two scenes together to create the implication that Legolas wants to gently caress Gimli. It is a surprising non sequitur, to both Gimli and the reader, hence Gimli's response of "what".

Uhh, Don't Mock My Smock, actually I think you'll find the line you've attributed to the third movie in fact comes from the second movie, during the siege of Helm's Deep, actually.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tree Bucket posted:

Uhh, Don't Mock My Smock, actually I think you'll find the line you've attributed to the third movie in fact comes from the second movie, during the siege of Helm's Deep, actually.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/characters/nm0722636

yikes, man

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
it was dodgy tw/nms brain rot, you don't want context. mystery solved. your welcome

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Huh! I remembered that completely wrongedly.
Unless... unless it's my memory that's right and reality that's wrong? ?

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Tree Bucket posted:

Huh! I remembered that completely wrongedly.
Unless... unless it's my memory that's right and reality that's wrong? ?

THERE
ARE
FOUR
BEARS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DontMockMySmock posted:

The first line is an actual line from the Two Towers movie

mmmm, no, very unwise

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Platystemon posted:

mmmm, no, very unwise

oh poo poo you're right, i forgot to mention it was in the extended edition only, not the theatrical release. thanks for pointing that out.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In honour of the new game I am reposting Zagreus Mulaney

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

dr: hi how are you
you: not great, actually...

how is it not that simple, you weirdos?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I have no social skills so very

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

ShoogaSlim posted:

"So-so"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

"sew-sew"

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

this is a good one. i usually go with "i've been better"

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I usually just say “good afternoon” or such and then introduce myself and help the person

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

freeedr posted:

I usually just say “good afternoon” or such and then introduce myself and help the person

Why are you going to the doctor's office to help people?

What's next, ambulances leaving hospitals???

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Scholtz posted:

What's next, ambulances leaving hospitals???

Don't be absurd.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I tell them to enjoy their meal

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Scholtz posted:

ambulances leaving hospitals???

I’m sorry I can’t even fathom what these words in this order mean

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I simply start crying and screaming that I am Pagliacci (get that out of the way right away)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Doctor, please help me, I'm having this recurring delusion that I'm Pagliacci

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I guess a "no idea how normal social interactions work" derail is better than a food derail....

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Tree Bucket posted:

The Battle of Just the Tip

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gdfi, i missed signed integer in my rush to correct the meme :negative:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dr. : how are you?

Me: How am I? Real question is how are you? *pulls out an apple, the doctor goes away*

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

flavor.flv posted:

In honour of the new game I am reposting Zagreus Mulaney

Aw Hel, there's a Hades 2 coming?

I really need to get off my rear end and buy the first one.

Here's some memes I posted in the abandoned Hades LP.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

ShoogaSlim posted:

Let's take a moment to remember one of history's greatest tweets:

https://twitter.com/degg/status/389201652680368128?s=20&t=iRXP0UBCrCkOZnrm--G9Zg

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

ShoogaSlim posted:

me: how dare you...

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Dr: hi, how are you
Me: well, you see, my mom hosed

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I tell them to enjoy their meal

Thanks, you too.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

long cat is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dongicus posted:

long cat is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong

Not anymore. :smith: