Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
From that video, I dunno if I'd call it getting booed off stage, but he definitely was expecting a reaction like he was "Stone Cold" Steve Austin coming out to save the day from Vince McMahon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's not going anywhere with a crowd unless it's been hyped into a frenzy for his presence.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Think of it. They spray pesticides on crops. Hormones in our jet fuel. All for what purpose? Creating an alien-human hybrid. why use special pronouns if not to refer to emergent life forms that have yet to even to be developed?!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ashmole posted:

https://twitter.com/venture42069/status/1602217045868912641?t=qnq_veGsAPEIxa_s2tLXkA&s=19

lmao it looks like he suspended the account that posted the booing vid

Famous comedians are hyper sensitive about people filming their shows (to the point of making them put their phones in locking bags) so I wouldn’t be shocked if it had something to do with that

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

Famous comedians are hyper sensitive about people filming their shows (to the point of making them put their phones in locking bags) so I wouldn’t be shocked if it had something to do with that

It's far more likely that they got banned for hurting Leon's feelings, since he bans shitloads of people for that.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LMAO, Elon left his security blanket and for a few precious minutes was confronted with the reality that most people hate his guts. He'll hide behind all the usual narcissistic self-delusions, but deep in the pit of his soul he knows he is a useless garbage person and literally all the money in the world can't buy the validation he so transparently, desperately craves. At night when it's just him and the bed, I hope the sound of that booing rings in his skull like the most ear-splitting tinnitus.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Chapelles stage where i get the boos
Every day 🤣 at something new
Penis out, air hostess can view
And nothing else matters

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1602257153234194432?t=QwRMO61LP8uTPuL7XwRczQ&s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

It's far more likely that they got banned for hurting Leon's feelings, since he bans shitloads of people for that.

Probably

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

McSpanky posted:

LMAO, Elon left his security blanket and for a few precious minutes was confronted with the reality that most people hate his guts. He'll hide behind all the usual narcissistic self-delusions, but deep in the pit of his soul he knows he is a useless garbage person and literally all the money in the world can't buy the validation he so transparently, desperately craves. At night when it's just him and the bed, I hope the sound of that booing rings in his skull like the most ear-splitting tinnitus.

and may the fleas of 1000 camels swarm his armpits!

actually, on second thought, that's pretty cruel to the fleas of the thousand camels . Let me get back to you on an appropriate curse.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

"what are you gonna do, boo me?"
- Man Violently Booed

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I don’t know that I would consider Musk a TERF. There’s like nothing in his words or actions that demonstrates an iota of feminist leanings, trans-exclusionary or otherwise. Dude has made it abundantly clear that he sees women as nothing more than baby incubators to be discarded after serving their purpose. He would have to undergo a Scrooge-like transformation to even rise to the level of TERF, that’s how much of a loathsome piece of poo poo he is.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I think I actually hate this Trout lipped Boer Dipshit more than Trump

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate someone more vehemently than Donald J Trump, but man this guy found a way.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

christ, what a sad douche. i like that deep down he knows his money can't buy him repsect outside of the chuds and freaks like them so he doubles down and makes people hate him more.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1602293156007010304?s=46&t=k2inPKDDp7CWf2o3fubfZA

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think he's a true believer. Honestly expected the people to fawn over him.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

To think - this guy could have remained in his lane, continued to be revered by the main stream media and a legion of acolytes as a real life Tony Stark, and all of his grim business practices and opinions would have largely remained in that void where no one is quite sure of the truth of it, and even where it is true it tends to disappear from the news cycle as quickly as it appears.

I mean, Musk the man hasn't changed since buying Twitter - it has just shone a light on him 24/7, and all of his attitudes towards pronouns, insane work/life balance demands, etc can't be disputed by anyone, because he's right there relentlessly posting through it.

On the one hand seeing him exposed for what he truly is and dunked on constantly is entertainment you can't usually buy, but on the other hand his antics have actual real world consequences for people, including the H1B people who are prisoners of war at this point.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate someone more vehemently than Donald J Trump, but man this guy found a way.

The good news is he can't be president.

The bad news is that he's actually rich and this whole circus still isn't enough to change that. So this might not be the last time he spends a whole lot of money on something very stupid and very public to try and impress his Q-anon internet pals.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1602292035704307713

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Almost Smart posted:

I don’t know that I would consider Musk a TERF. There’s like nothing in his words or actions that demonstrates an iota of feminist leanings, trans-exclusionary or otherwise. Dude has made it abundantly clear that he sees women as nothing more than baby incubators to be discarded after serving their purpose. He would have to undergo a Scrooge-like transformation to even rise to the level of TERF, that’s how much of a loathsome piece of poo poo he is.

Musk is a loving TERF. In 2020 it became clear that it now means trans exclusionary radical fuckwad and that's how a lot of the LGBT+ community have been using it since the right wing Christian "well actually I'm not a feminist so how can I be a terf" bollocks started. He hates trans women, you don't even need to look at his bullshit about pronouns, look to the fact that his trans daughter disowned him and called him a loving terf.

I have zero time for "well actually he hasn't outright said "death to trans women" so how do we know" bullshittery.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dave Chapelle is just a sad clown for the reactionary capitalist status quo now, and it's really sad to see.

Is he another victim of the "Head injury>became conservative" pipeline?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, 'Treatment is simple. Great comedian Dave Chapelle is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.'

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I honestly expected him to keep the centralist mask on a bit longer.

He didn’t even get any real pushback he just tore it off for fun

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

TulliusCicero posted:

Dave Chapelle is just a sad clown for the reactionary capitalist status quo now, and it's really sad to see.

Is he another victim of the "Head injury>became conservative" pipeline?

Got rich > became conservative

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He definitely didn't touch anything like that. The bots and trolls are trained to prop up chuds, and will conveniently drown out anyone critical of him. He could be doing it on purpose, but he's probably too thick to even realize it's happening, and either way, he gets to do nothing and declare victory, his favorite sport.

E: Not to say he didn't touch any knobs, but if he did it was absolutely something along the lines of "shadowban anyone who replies to me without the :eightbux: tag" or "tell someone to ban everyone on this hit list Ian Miles Cheong DM'd me"

Oh that's right, I somehow forgot already that his whole stated plan was to get everyone to sign up for an $8 :eightbux: (which requires a credit card and therefore means you're a real person) and then retroactively declare everyone without a sneetch star to be a "bot".

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I don't think he had a head injury unless you mean doing a cameo in a star is born

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i know elon hates LGBTQ people because his gf dumped him for a trans person but im impressed he's also turned into a anti-vaxxer in the space of a month because people owned him so hard. you're not supposed to be radicalised by your own platform idiot!!

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

goatface posted:

Trump had that too, he thought he’d be president and everybody would praise him and love him, then he actually became president and found out

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Got rich > became conservative

Nah Dave doesn’t really talk politics like that from what I’ve seen. His is a much sadder thing.

People pointed out some of his jokes didn’t age well so instead of reflecting he doubled down repeatedly

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

TulliusCicero posted:

I think the thing that makes me the most unreasonably angry about the Elon Musk show is how clear he makes it that he is more desperate and pathetic and less funny than Trump.

like donald trump loving sucks and is a tremendous loser, but acknowledging that a greater loser exists feels uncomfortably similar to respect

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah Dave doesn’t really talk politics like that from what I’ve seen. His is a much sadder thing.

People pointed out some of his jokes didn’t age well so instead of reflecting he doubled down repeatedly

Unfortunately, that IS politics now.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

hemale in pain posted:

i know elon hates LGBTQ people because his gf dumped him for a trans person but im impressed he's also turned into a anti-vaxxer in the space of a month because people owned him so hard. you're not supposed to be radicalised by your own platform idiot!!

He's only that because:

1. He's a brain poisoned contrarian dipshit that's been given a lethal dose of /pol/ posting

2. The real reason is he hates anyone feeling they can tell him what to do, and when Califirnia told him he actually had to comply with COVID regulations at Tesla and not run a plague sweatshop he flipped the gently caress out and screeched for weeks on Twitter than moved everything to Texas and ended all remote work.

I'm surprised he hasn't announced Twitter will be exclusively based in Texas in the future tbh

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Durzel posted:

To think - this guy could have remained in his lane, continued to be revered by the main stream media and a legion of acolytes as a real life Tony Stark, and all of his grim business practices and opinions would have largely remained in that void where no one is quite sure of the truth of it, and even where it is true it tends to disappear from the news cycle as quickly as it appears.

I mean, Musk the man hasn't changed since buying Twitter - it has just shone a light on him 24/7, and all of his attitudes towards pronouns, insane work/life balance demands, etc can't be disputed by anyone, because he's right there relentlessly posting through it.

On the one hand seeing him exposed for what he truly is and dunked on constantly is entertainment you can't usually buy, but on the other hand his antics have actual real world consequences for people, including the H1B people who are prisoners of war at this point.

It's somewhat reminiscent of Trump's career. He also started out mostly apolitical and pretending to be a Democrat to fit in with the liberal New York elite, which got him nowhere once he developed political aspirations. Then he started making right wing noises out of nowhere and his political career really took off. I don't remember what happened to him in the end, but I think he was even American president for a while in the late 2010s so it kinda worked out for him. Maybe Musk is trying the same thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean people wanting this to be a big brain business decision I think are over thinking it.

Apparently he went hard on the culture war stuff when his trans daughter cut him off. Obviously since he can’t be at fault it must be the wokes

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

goatface posted:

Yeah, he's high as hell on his own farts, believing he's the super-genius that's going to help save civilization. Unfortunately, in his mind one of the genuine biggest threats to civilization is people who tell anti-trans and rightwing assholes that they're assholes.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Yeah, he's high as hell on his own farts, believing he's the super-genius that's going to help save civilization. Unfortunately, in his mind one of the genuine biggest threats to civilization is people who tell anti-trans and rightwing assholes that they're assholes.

His cars are gonna need to stop randomly exploding first before he can 'save' civilization.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602297901790597120

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

hemale in pain posted:

He's been anti-Covid vax since the beginning. He was spouting covid denial and conspiracy theories as soon as cases started.

It's just rare that a person that rich is a conspiracy theory true believer. Most people that well off understand how things really work in the world and that poo poo is much more boring and mundane and profit motivated. Elon has never been part of a normal large company, is not accepted in any real upper class social circles, and his only "friends" are people as batshit crazy as he is. So he has no idea of how companies or governments really operate and get served a non-stop stream of crazy that just reinforces his already hosed-up world view from his upbringing since he's a 3rd or 4th generation techno-facist eugenicist.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean people wanting this to be a big brain business decision I think are over thinking it.

Apparently he went hard on the culture war stuff when his trans daughter cut him off. Obviously since he can’t be at fault it must be the wokes

also grimes allegedly dating chelsea manning

basically all his politics were just personal vindictive poo poo and naked self-interest before he started actively getting pilled, now it's a self-perpetuating cycle since his best friends are ian miles cheong and open neo-nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:fuckoff:

No it's giving people even basic human dignity outside of yourself and that's too much for you loathsome fetid pieces of human waste