Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
well that wasn't ideal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Boy the Chiefs vs Broncos game shouldn't have been flexed but I understand why they did it.

Great game though! If Broncos can consistently play like that, they will be scary

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Russ finally gets cookin' and fried his brain. Rip.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

There seems to be a recurring theme with the Chiefs just being careless about ball security. Yesterday was an absolutely miserable performance from the Broncos until Mahomes the them back into the game.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Alright where am I sending money?

Can't wait for this miserable season to be over.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Kull the Conqueror posted:

All right count me in $25 each time KC beats Denver this year.

Since the NFL doesn't seem to give a gently caress about women, I nominate Resources for Abortion Delivery for the charity if Denver wins.

You suggested this and I'm totally fine with that.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Simplex posted:

There seems to be a recurring theme with the Chiefs just being careless about ball security. Yesterday was an absolutely miserable performance from the Broncos until Mahomes the them back into the game.
Well, the first INT was just an unbelievable play by Jewell and the second one was more Surtain making a good scoop. The third INT was just stupid.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

the bill for mahomes's should've been intercepted but wasn't passes came due and hell, i'm just glad they still got the win despite it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm pretty happy today

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

Well, the first INT was just an unbelievable play by Jewell and the second one was more Surtain making a good scoop. The third INT was just stupid.

I honestly thought the first two were worse than the third. Yeah the Denver defense made great plays, but they were only in position to make those plays because of some sloppy throws. The third at least was a situation where KC needed to make a play that he forced a bad pass into coverage.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

I'm pretty happy today

They actually looked mostly good? On both sides of the ball?? A bizarre, but, overall calming, experience.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

They actually looked mostly good? On both sides of the ball?? A bizarre, but, overall calming, experience.

The OL was still bad and the red zone playcalling was garbage, but mostly good!

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

a neat cape posted:

I'm pretty happy today

You should be. Justin Herbert is loving incredible and you guys are gonna be fun to watch for YEARS. Enjoy it man.

As for my donks, yesterday was a faint glimmer of hope seeing clear evidence that Russ still gives a poo poo. Hopefully the coaching and the oline situation gets sorted. I think we'll actually be pretty good if we can keep our guys in one piece.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Simplex posted:

I honestly thought the first two were worse than the third. Yeah the Denver defense made great plays, but they were only in position to make those plays because of some sloppy throws. The third at least was a situation where KC needed to make a play that he forced a bad pass into coverage.
The first one was Jewell not being baited with his eyes.

The second one was a combo of bad pass, Moore running a lovely route and Surtain making a good grab.

Last one was a repeat of the first one. Not sure why he thought the 2nd time it would just suddenly work.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Getting 3 picks out of Mahomes is its own kind of victory. Only the third time it's happened.

There was nowhere to put a dedication :/

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Donated :10bux: but my email is not coming in :mad:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

nm got it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Haha love it! Thank you both!

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

The first one was Jewell not being baited with his eyes.

The second one was a combo of bad pass, Moore running a lovely route and Surtain making a good grab.

Last one was a repeat of the first one. Not sure why he thought the 2nd time it would just suddenly work.
To me the first one looks like he's trying to lead Kelce on his inside shoulder. If Kelce catches it he's got a chance to catch and run and pick up a chunk of yards. Where, if he throws to Kelce's outside shoulder he probably gets tackled right where he catches it. But, if he throws to the outside it's still a 13 yard gain and Jewell has no chance to make a play.

It's just a silly decision to me with 3 minutes to go in the half when you're up 27-0. The 2nd pick is kind of the same in terms of just being a silly decision with the game situation. Why are you testing Surtain there?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I feel it prudent to note that Mahomes is now 14-0 against Denver. John Elway was 17-12 for his career against the Chefs, and never had a streak of more than 3 wins.

So no more whining about the 80s and 90s, if you please.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think Mahomes is only 10-0, the Chiefs are 14-0 with 4 of those coming off Alex Smith

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

My favorite stat is Philip Rivers starting his career 13-1 vs the Chiefs and ending it 14-15

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Broncos even dislocated his kneecap halfway through a game once. We still lost.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

I think Mahomes is only 10-0, the Chiefs are 14-0 with 4 of those coming off Alex Smith

I think it's only 11*-0 where Mahomes got injured in the first quarter of one game. It doesn't really matter though because the Broncos have been dogshit during Mahomes entire tenure, whereas the Chiefs pretty consistently had competitive teams that Elway could crush their dreams.

If next year the Broncos go 9-8 with two losses to the Chiefs I might be able to summon the energy to curse Mahomes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers have not swept the Broncos since 2010.

Ugh.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
My bad, I somehow mashed three years together in my head.

Can you blame me?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

a neat cape posted:

My favorite stat is Philip Rivers starting his career 13-1 vs the Chiefs and ending it 14-15

lol. That blows my mind. I feel like the Chargers ALWAYS beat the Chiefs.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 15, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

lol. That blows my mind. I feel like the Chargers ALWAYS beat the Chiefs.

Andy Reid effect

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Andy Reid effect

It didn't start the downfall but I feel like Worst Day Ever was kinda prophetic in this matchup.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

It didn't start the downfall but I feel like Worst Day Ever was kinda prophetic in this matchup.

I miss the guy. I know plenty of nfl fans hate him but drat he was fun and had an actual personality unlike some of the generic QB Speak we hear from a lot of these guys.

The NFL was more fun with him in it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was completely unaware growing up that Elway wasn't that good historically because he was the best to ever play the game whenever he played us.

It took Joe loving Montana to beat him finally

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I lived in Colorado in the late 80's and John Elway was a God. Although my friend was from Cleveland and was a huge Browns fan I and I remember him explaining "The Drive" to me even though I did not give a single gently caress about football.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

South Park nailed it when they had Barbara Streisand explain to the kids that she's a very famous and important person and the first thing they ask is do you know John Elway and she says no and they say sooooo you DON'T know John Elway.

Like that was so perfect for Trey Parker's age group he must have worshiped him growing up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I was completely unaware growing up that Elway wasn't that good historically because he was the best to ever play the game whenever he played us.

It took Joe loving Montana to beat him finally

loving same.

But we never had a Montana

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress John Elway.

Now let's watch Trey Smith legally kill 2 Broncos in one play.

https://twitter.com/CoachDanCasey/status/1602131398353207297

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What ARE the Raiders?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Poo, apparently

EDIT: wow NOT POO!

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 19, 2022

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What ARE the Raiders?

Better than the Patriots.