Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Had a friend in the group last night complete a mission with us and end up with no progress for any of his weeklies while we all did. We thought for a while that it was because he went down during the round but we played again and he didn't and it counted there for him so it makes no sense. I have not been checking my weeklies after each match so I have no idea how many I didn't get credit for as well. It really doesn't matter in the long run because the rewards are kinda poo poo but that still doesn't stop it from sucking when it happens to one person in the group and makes the already lovely weekly quests seem so much worse. I'm never taking that 25 missions completed one again. Just not getting credit for some runs probably helps explain why I still needed like 12 to get to 25 by the end of last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

What are people feeling when it comes to force staves? I found a purgatus one and the damage seems underwhelming but it's honestly hard to tell how effective it is with how flashy it is. Definitely more peril efficient than the trauma ones though?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Voidstrike over all. Not the coolest but the most damage for sure.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

boredsatellite posted:

It depends really. In VT2 I ran around with non meta weapons at times because they were viable in legend. Sure a crossbow is far better than brace of pistols on my bounty hunter on Legend, I can one shot specials and most elites with it. But its fun rolling out with pistols and I still can hold my ground. I ran around as a Sienna with a flaming flail instead of a fire sword because it specializes in loving up armored units and can handle hordes with its overhead heavy attacks.

But the issue is that the Thunder Hammer actively hinders you. The Eviscerator isn't something that's overpowered. It's doing something that 2 handed melee weapons should be doing. The Thunder Hammer just needs a little more of oomph and it will be fine to use.

We're talking about the same weapon that lets you effortlessly keep an entire horde, specials included, on its rear end/in stagger animations right?

If anything the eviscerator and the power sword should come down a notch to match the hammers level.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

big cummers ONLY posted:

Anything is on the table because 40k is make-believe

Cowcaster posted:

lick my balls

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I will fight a plague marine :evilbuddy:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Kaddish posted:

I got a perfect 380 for a white.....plasma rifle :(

I wasn't impressed with the previous one I used. Far too much heat build-up with a long cool down. Still going to keep it just in case Fatshark does some tuning on it.

the plasma rifles usability varies a lot with its thermal resistance stat. reloading also clears all of the heat buildup.

dogstile posted:

We're talking about the same weapon that lets you effortlessly keep an entire horde, specials included, on its rear end/in stagger animations right?

If anything the eviscerator and the power sword should come down a notch to match the hammers level.

the eviscerator is the only good-feeling chain weapon in the game cmon

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

boredsatellite posted:

You should check out Vermintide's soundtrack. His soundtrack was stellar there as well.

Second result when you type "the bouncy rat song" into youtube's search.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfZ6K098tI4

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the eviscerator is the only good-feeling chain weapon in the game cmon

The regular chainsword still feels amazing, tbh.

The chain axe can go gently caress itself, tho.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

From the description of the chain sword it completely ignores any armor which makes it really powerful against any enemy.

Plus the alt charge is basically a power attack with less wind up as far as I can tell. It seems like an S-tier weapon from my experience.

The combat axe is up there too.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
The chain sword makes a cool sound and i like to rev it up even when theres nobody to chop

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

OctaMurk posted:

The chain sword makes a cool sound and i like to rev it up even when theres nobody to chop

There's a perk that makes you move faster after you rev it up so now I have a muscle memory to constantly rev it up

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Glagha posted:

What are people feeling when it comes to force staves? I found a purgatus one and the damage seems underwhelming but it's honestly hard to tell how effective it is with how flashy it is. Definitely more peril efficient than the trauma ones though?

Trauma does poo poo damage and costs a million billion perils. I want to love it but it's irredeemable atm.

Purgatus feels anemic to me too but goons with good sense and more psyker experience than I have swear by it. The range is shorter than you'd think but the AOE stagger/fear is significant. There's possibly a build using it and the Soulfire feats; this is another thing I thought was bad but I'm no longer as sure as I was.

Surge can stunlock anything but monstrosities, including some enemies that can usually ignore staggers, like muties. However, it does absolute poo poo for damage so you'll need horde-clearing melee or a group that can cover for you.

Voidstrike is a horde-piercing bowling ball with infinite range. It's my favorite by a lot and basically carrying the class. A Voidstrike with the Transfer Peril blessing is pretty much the best weapon you can have on psyker right now and it's not close.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

toasterwarrior posted:

Woah, -sniper damage isn't useless considering getting hit will always cut into your health, unlike flamers

Gonna second this, I've straight up had some obvious times where a curio with -% sniper damage has saved me from going down and causing a wipe. It's niche useful but still useful.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Reasons to buy this game:

Bolter
Soundtrack SLAPS

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

This thing actually does feel beastly in the meat grinder. Going to take it for a whirl later.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Second result when you type "the bouncy rat song" into youtube's search.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfZ6K098tI4

God what a good escape soundtrack. Always gets you so pumped up.

dogstile posted:

Oh please the power sword is many levels up above eviscerator. It should come down to eviscerator level and the thunder hammer should be raised to that level.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

dogstile posted:

The regular chainsword still feels amazing, tbh.

The chain axe can go gently caress itself, tho.

Chain axe is pretty good if you get high enough damage rolls to one-shot any chaff or flak-armored stuff in one headshot chop. It attacks surprisingly fast with its light spam, and its push attack horizontal is very good for crowd control. I find myself rarely using its heavies. Sure, it's not an Eviscerator, but what is?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kaddish posted:

This thing actually does feel beastly in the meat grinder. Going to take it for a whirl later.

That's very close to being a perfect plas rifle. I do think that a higher thermal resistance stat really helps the gun out, but you can't have everything.

Someone will math warrior the perfect damage numbers for the plas. I have a similar one with max non damage stats, and I really hope that doesn't invalidate it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Randarkman posted:

Oh! Now I know why this soundtrack has worked so well for me, in most games I would have turned it off, particularly since I play with friends on voicechat. For one it clearly sounds like it's taking cues from the Mechanicus soundtrack, which I've remarked upon before, but I just actually looked it up on youtube and it's done by Jesper Kyd and that kind of explains the rest of it.

Dude's probably most known for scoring the Hitman games, but I'd say that his score for Freedom Fighters is probably one of my favorite video game soundtracks ever and playing Darktide I was kind of reminded of it, but didn't fully realize until now when I looked it up.

His work on the Hitman franchise is amazing as well. If I could make a power duo I'd team him up with Mick Gordon and let them just go loving ham

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

Chain axe is pretty good if you get high enough damage rolls to one-shot any chaff or flak-armored stuff in one headshot chop. It attacks surprisingly fast with its light spam, and its push attack horizontal is very good for crowd control. I find myself rarely using its heavies. Sure, it's not an Eviscerator, but what is?

Yeah this is my experience as well. It's push attack is absolutely slept on for horde clearing and if you get a large slaughterer perk or the armor shred perk it can go crazy.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kaddish posted:

excellent rolls

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

From the description of the chain sword it completely ignores any armor which makes it really powerful against any enemy.

Plus the alt charge is basically a power attack with less wind up as far as I can tell. It seems like an S-tier weapon from my experience.

The combat axe is up there too.

I think combat axe pairs great with flamer. It's like an inversion of the weapon roles I used in V2, where I'd snipe priority targets with a musket and cut up swathes of chaff in melee.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

I want to like it but every time i do a light attack and it locks onto someone for a moment + gets me hit I just curse and go back to using a weapon that won't gently caress me for forgetting about that.

boredsatellite posted:

Oh please the power sword is many levels up above eviscerator. It should come down to eviscerator level and the thunder hammer should be raised to that level.

I kinda disagree mostly because the Evicerator already does basically "everything", just worse than the powersword and I don't really like the idea of weapons that do everything with one move.

Like, what are you gonna do with the hammer to buff it? Make its light attacks kill chaff? Now its basically a powersword, it already has basically infinite cleave and stagger (at least, to the point where you won't get hit if you're using it properly because nothing can get through the wall of hammer).

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here are the QOL things I'd like to see fatshark work on over the next year rated by what pops into my head first:

• Hub improvements, everything related to the hub from the mission board to the shops to the buggy weeklies to crafting to loading times.
  • Bot improvements, randomized cashshop cosmetics, different voices, a desire to not stand in the fire or immunity to mechanics they are too dumb to understand (just had one run up to a daemonhost and trigger it to get the medicae next to it)
  • Chat and team improvements, we should be able to chit chat during the load and cutscenes, the only safe time to type anything, block should be automatically up while chatting like in vt2, random teams should stay grouped after mission unless you are already in a team and opted out of joiners.
  • More Grenades (or "blitz" slot by what the game calls it), if deeprock can come up with 4 wildly different grenades per class ranging from futuristic to "throwing axe" I think they could scrap together something in 40k's setting, give zealot some throwing axes.
  • Charged weapons given a balance pass to bring them all in line with the power level of the power sword's special, give them all a resource to manage like heat buildup so they can't be spammed endlessly, add blessings to reduce the cost, figure out a way to make it so a power sword and plasma gun don't share heat buildup.
  • A (free) alternate class for each character with feats focused on one particular thing instead of being a unfocused mishmash on everyone but veteran's sharpshooter role.
  • Specials always making a noise when they spawn and enter the monster closets, poxbursters should beep for several seconds before exiting a door, snipers should always scan with the red beam for a few seconds before the first shot.
  • Dogs 20% less janky, but only if the dog space program remains unaltered when killing them during the leap.
  • The bad guns made into usable guns (every headhunter, charge lasguns that take 10x the ammo and chargeup to do the same damage as mk12 lasgun spam and faster reload on revolvers that also do the same damage as the infinity shot per clip mk12 that fully reloads in the time it takes the revolver to load one bullet.
  • Experience given a purpose at 30 since it's on item traits.
  • And finally even more documentation ingame like descriptions for every keyword like salvo, impact, rending and what does what, like did you know zealot has invincibility frames during his slide and veteran takes double damage while sprinting? the veteran one seems like something that should be front and center on the class description for it's downside since sprinting is usually newbies first instinct on taking damage or to start up a slide.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 12, 2022

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

dogstile posted:

I want to like it but every time i do a light attack and it locks onto someone for a moment + gets me hit I just curse and go back to using a weapon that won't gently caress me for forgetting about that.

I kinda disagree mostly because the Evicerator already does basically "everything", just worse than the powersword and I don't really like the idea of weapons that do everything with one move.

Like, what are you gonna do with the hammer to buff it? Make its light attacks kill chaff? Now its basically a powersword, it already has basically infinite cleave and stagger (at least, to the point where you won't get hit if you're using it properly because nothing can get through the wall of hammer).

the fact that the hammer sucks isnt a reason to make the other weapon's bad. if every melee weapon felt as lovely as the thunder hammer i would stick to ranged weapons

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I got all worked up about completing the zealot penances before realizing the gold skull is a pay shop item and the actual tier 3 helmet is just as ugly as the others.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

dogstile posted:

When people talk about the Power Sword's infinite cleave they mean that it does full damage in its entire swing, thus killing or severely damaging every single target it hits. On the other hand, the Thunderhammer's cleave damage is terrible; its damage harshly drops off on even the second target, and it does barely anything to the next few.
Also compared to Kruber's hammer from Vermintide the Thunderhammer's light attacks are awful; armored enemies take next to no damage from it at all, so that would be a no-brainer to buff imo.

Exodee fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 12, 2022

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

How much do you think it would cost to get Karl Urban to voice an Enforce character class in the future?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

explosivo posted:

I got an orange version of one of the "bad" Ogryn knives last night (I don't remember which one but it ends the light combo string with a stab) and... it was actually pretty good? I'm doing mostly heavy strikes at this point to feed my toughness regen and bleed stacks, so the normal attack pattern being kinda bad doesn't really matter because the heavy combo is repeated horizontal slashes and works really well for my purposes. It does feel a bit narrower than the horizontal slashes of the good knife or shovel or the shield but there aren't many weapons that has a heavy attack pattern of repeated horizontal slashes so I kinda dug it.

The knife that does chain horizontals on heavy is still really good. It's the other koruk knife that's generally not great. The bull butcher cleaver is also really good as well.

I think the thing I dislike about the knives that keeps me going back to the shovel is the special melee attack. The stagger on the knife uppercut is kind of lame and while it knocks ragers/maulers out of their attack, it doesn't do much else beyond that. The shovel has a straight punch that fully and consistently lays out ragers and maulers for 5+ seconds. In harder difficulties it let's you put them in time out long enough for you to finish what you were doing or give your allies time to cap em.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the fact that the hammer sucks isnt a reason to make the other weapon's bad. if every melee weapon felt as lovely as the thunder hammer i would stick to ranged weapons

But my point is the hammer doesn't actually suck. It has a job, it does that job really loving well.

It just sucks because there are two weapons that are grossly overpowered. If they weren't in the game, you'd probably think the hammer is amazing, because of the crazy amounts of control you get.

Exodee posted:

When people talk about the Power Sword's infinite cleave they mean that it does full damage in its entire swing, thus killing or severely damaging every single target it hits. On the other hand, the Power Hammer's cleave damage is terrible; its damage harshly drops off on even the second target, and it does barely anything to the next few.
Also compared to Kruber's hammer the Thunderhammer's light attacks are awful; armored enemies take next to no damage from it at all, so that would be a no-brainer to buff imo.

Yeah I get how it works, been running the powersword for a while now :v: The weapon trivializes the entire game.

I agree on the light attack probably needing a buff, I just don't think the hammer should get a "erases wave on heavy attack + infinite stagger", the same way I don't think the powersword should get the "infinite cleave + basically infinite damage" considering the only things that can survive more than two hits from it are crushers.

Basically, I want the game to make me actually think a little more.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

dogstile posted:

I agree on the light attack probably needing a buff, I just don't think the hammer should get a "erases wave on heavy attack + infinite stagger", the same way I don't think the powersword should get the "infinite cleave + basically infinite damage" considering the only things that can survive more than two hits from it are crushers.

Basically, I want the game to make me actually think a little more.
Oh yeah I agree with that, I think giving the Thunderhammer too good of a cleave would infringe too much on the Eviscerator's thing as well.

Armor-piercing light attacks, a better shove attack (make it cleave like the heavies!) and a more convenient special attack would put it in a good place I think.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

S.J. posted:

His work on the Hitman franchise is amazing as well. If I could make a power duo I'd team him up with Mick Gordon and let them just go loving ham

just go all the way and have Kyd do a collab with Guillaume David imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlP8cUlPwvw&t=103s

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Naturally the best melee weapon in the game by far is locked to the class that's also the best at guns by far.

The thunder hammer should have a big AoE stagger when firing off the charge.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

dogstile posted:

But my point is the hammer doesn't actually suck. It has a job, it does that job really loving well.

It just sucks because there are two weapons that are grossly overpowered. If they weren't in the game, you'd probably think the hammer is amazing, because of the crazy amounts of control you get.

the hammer feels bad to use. when you think 'thunder hammer' you think big downward swings that scatter stuff, like a melee version of the voidstrike staff, but instead it's this annoying piece of crap that animates like you're paddling a canoe and exhausts its impact on the first poxwalker you hit.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like the people praising the thunderhammer think that when they heavy swing it back and forth into a horde it's killing a whole bunch of poxwalkers with every swing, but what actually happens is they get knocked all around and then get up in the dark corner they landed in and stab your teammates in the butt.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like the people praising the thunderhammer think that when they heavy swing it back and forth into a horde it's killing a whole bunch of poxwalkers with every swing, but what actually happens is they get knocked all around and then get up in the dark corner they landed in and stab your teammates in the butt.

It is precisely why I hate those sorts of knockdown effects. It'd very difficult in the heat of battle to dead-check enemies that get knocked down vs being dead, and don't start me on the one death animation where the scab shooter stands up and staggers around for a few seconds before finally dropping to the ground.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

yeah it visibly pulps one or two and then the rest stand up again. you can hold a whole horde at bay but its a horde of the same 20 dudes just cycling through like rodeo clowns

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Exodee posted:

Oh yeah I agree with that, I think giving the Thunderhammer too good of a cleave would infringe too much on the Eviscerator's thing as well.

Armor-piercing light attacks, a better shove attack (make it cleave like the heavies!) and a more convenient special attack would put it in a good place I think.

I'm team pro-thunder-hammer for what's its worth because the Warhammer was my favorite vt2 weapon. I'm fine with it generally being lower damage than the evis because it's got way better stagger and knockdown power. It doesn't matter that it's not killing as hard because once you start bonking noggins there's not a lot that can fight back. The one thing that can is the crusher, and for him you give him an atomic snoot booping to put him in his place.

The overhead could use a bit more damage and the charges attack doing an aoe knockdown the target would be nice quality of life stuff, but it's perfectly usable as is.

I don't really get people getting up in a twist that certain weapons are worthless. Having leveled most everything to near 30 at this point, the only melee weapon I've used that I'd consider not great was the chainaxe and the heavy sword, and even with those I can still see what the intention with the design was, it just doesn't quite hit the marks. People dumping on like the chain sword or tac axe or force sword or the like completely baffle me because I've had 0 issue with them.

Like, the major issue with those weapons seems to be "it's not the power sword", which is more a problem of the power sword than anything else. I can nearly guarantee that is going to be nerfed in the near future.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The thunder hammer is fine. It is weaker than other options but it's fine. If you use it incorrectly, it's bad. It murders critical targets and controls hordes. Its weaknesses are possible to account for in your play, and in your choice of ranged weapon. There are more optimal weapons but that doesn't make the hammer bad or unplayable. You are allowed to only play optimally, but you're also allowed to play suboptimally if it's fun (and you aren't doing something so horrible it makes you a liability to your team)