Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1602171070479581185

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
My mother was on probation for 21 years. This is because every time her probation was almost finished she'd get another DUI and they'd restart it. But she eventually was able to behave herself long enough for it to run out.

Anecdotally, I know a guy who torched a Humvee lot way back in 2005. He threw some molotov cocktails and caused a lot of financial damage but nobody was hurt. When he was arrested, the difference between having a life-sentence with a terrorism charge vs. a five-year arson sentence was based entirely on the prosecution's inability to prove the molotovs were thrown or not. Since they could not prove that, the molotovs were not considered "bombs" but instead "incendiary devices," and he was able to serve his time and is today back out and teaching string theory at a university in Florida. But during his sentencing, he had to listen to the jury read aloud every single count.

"On the first count of terrorism, we find the defendant... not guilty. On the second count of terrorism, we find the defendant..."

There were like thirty counts. If for whatever reason the jury did find him guilty on any count of it it would have been a life sentence. It doesn't really make sense why you might have 29 counts one thing but one the other, since the evidence applied broadly to all counts, but juries fuckin can do that poo poo. It just takes one juror with an agenda to turn a five year sentence to a life sentence.

(A life sentence in federal prison is frequently called an LWOP; life without the possibility of parole. It's not the 25 year default that applies elsewhere.)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They're posting their own accounts.
No, I'm not. I follow people who retweet interesting stuff.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

credburn posted:

It just takes one juror with an agenda to turn a five year sentence to a life sentence.

They convict on the basis of a single juror's say so in your country? hosed up if true.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lmao, literally ten minutes from each other

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

actually SF is the only place that doesn't like Elon, anywhere else in the world would have thrown roses. Well SF and a tiny little city(?) called Brazil

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Some convictions need to be unanimous, so if one person refused to budge on Not Guilty for a terrorism charge they wouldn't be able to convict on that because of a single juror.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

B33rChiller posted:

They convict on the basis of a single juror's say so in your country? hosed up if true.

No, but an unreasonable juror can cause problems. I served on a jury once where this bitter old lady wanted to punish this guy we all knew was innocent. We had to spend extra time "deliberating" for no other reason than to convince this person that the innocent guy does not deserve punishment based on her personal opinion of him.

In 12 Angry Men it took just one juror to change everything. I mean, in that case it's for the better, but it could go the other way.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The ENTIRE TWITTER ACCOUNT of the person who posted video of Elon getting booed got deleted.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Here's a different, but related, type of idiot:
https://twitter.com/TimMsw20/status/1602250448487972864

He is asking why a black dude is allowed to say the N word.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602305628734599168

lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*pushes glasses up nose* According to my calculations,

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Data Graham posted:

*pushes glasses up nose* According to my calculations,

e: Twitter is the idiot, etc.:
https://twitter.com/shadowbIood/status/1602384011434889216

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

I like the implication that some old verified accounts are actually not "real"

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Yes I love to cheer so loud and long that my favourite person can't get any words out

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They were actually saying boo-er.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

All those unhinged leftists who are still attending Chapelle shows.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Imagine having all that money and choosing to spend every waking moment of your life 'well actually-ing' randos on the internet

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Imagine having all that money and choosing to spend every waking moment of your life 'well actually-ing' randos on the internet

is all I can think of

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
this dude is too far right for a dave chappelle audience

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
People didn't boo Elon because he's too far right, they booed him because he's a rich dork who sucks poo poo and he's extremely hatable to almost everyone in the world.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
He's trying to pretend that it's San Francisco's "unhinged leftists" that were among the nearly 10% of the audience that were booing him in between the quiet periods.

I imagine that a dave chappelle audience doesn't skew that far left nowadays, hinge status notwithstanding.

ed: going to make money hand over fist by starting the You Can't Tell Me What to Do party filled with rich weirdos that can only dig down

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the libertarian party already exists.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I blame the media for spending a decade acting like this guy was smart. No one bought into that harder than he did.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

OwlFancier posted:

I think the libertarian party already exists.
hosed up if true

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Splint Chesthair posted:

I blame the media for spending a decade acting like this guy was smart. No one bought into that harder than he did.

same with Ye. Though at least Ye was actually talented musically once upon a time.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

I want you to know this did not go unappreciated.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Splint Chesthair posted:

Yeah it also feeds into the "Wow the left loved Elon until they turned on him!" Because he only got positive press even while literally having human trafficking victims working in his plants.

The media was 'fact-checking' the photos with Ghizlaine Maxwell, tutting that they weren't proof he knew her or had any connection to Epstein -while leaving out Elon had met with Epstein and his brother was literally dating a model that aged out of the lolita express. Up until he openly said he was right wing, then suddenly nad stories popped up.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
As someone generally not all that plugged in to what's going on, my impression was like...

2010: Elon Musk is the billionaire who's going to use his money to actually do things, like with science and poo poo
2015: Elon Musk is a piece of poo poo who's going to use his money to actually do things, like with science and poo poo
2020: Elon Musk is a piece of poo poo
2022: Elon Musk is a piece of poo poo and an idiot

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I first learned of Elon Musk in 2018, when he flipped his poo poo and called the people rescuing the Thai kids' soccer team pedophiles because they didn't want his stupid submarine. It's honestly a miracle I was able to somehow avoid him until then.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Lmao zuck and the other tech lords are trying to circle the wagon, I'm talking about the booing on FB and a few people who haven't followed how lovely Dave's comedy has gotten are asking if it was a bit or Dave was being sarcastic when he told the poor people in the back to shut up and appreciate the richest man in the world. I posted a link to the video and it's flagged as 'pending review'

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

OwlFancier posted:

They were actually saying Boe-er

:golfclap:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A thought experiment:

If Elon's dad had maybe given him a hug or two or said "I'm proud of you son" maybe once or twice during his childhood do you think he would still be this way?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Read After Burning posted:

I first learned of Elon Musk in 2018, when he flipped his poo poo and called the people rescuing the Thai kids' soccer team pedophiles because they didn't want his stupid submarine. It's honestly a miracle I was able to somehow avoid him until then.

He was the loving keynote speaker at my undergrad graduation in 2008 :negative:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BaronVonVaderham posted:

He was the loving keynote speaker at my undergrad graduation in 2008 :negative:

Diving school?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Subjunctive posted:

Diving school?

I mean Florida Tech does have a big marine bio program.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrigadierSensible posted:

A thought experiment:

If Elon's dad had maybe given him a hug or two or said "I'm proud of you son" maybe once or twice during his childhood do you think he would still be this way?

Elon's dad is probably an even bigger piece of poo poo than Elon is.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The speaker at my graduation was a former local wrestling announcer who told us "until you get your phd in street, you don't know diddly-bop."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I heard about the dude for like a decade from nerds on the Facepunch forums obsessed with his talk of electric cars and spaceships. Then people disliked him (but still constantly talked about him) because he posted cringe rear end memes, then because all billionaires etc, and finally because he's a literal supervillain. I guess it's better than having to hear on the nightly news about every single epic fail tweet Trump made but man, it's exhausting.