Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My Spirit Otter posted:

The real answer is a drone with a steel wire noose. Hardest part will be the drone pilot flying the noose over the head of the person before they can react

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmdP1qTjGZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I stand corrected

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Fun how some folk still expect SNL to really take them down a notch, when they’ve been fine with letting them both host, in Chappelle’s case very recently.

They also had Trump host and tried to make him look cool during 2016.

gently caress SNL sideways.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ASAPI posted:

Everytime someone refers to Elon as "Elmo" I have to figure out if a puppet lost its mind or not.

It's not even a clever insult.

same with anything related to putin such as calling putin pooty or those around him putin's bitch etc

It just takes away from the seriousness of the issue

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I kinda wanna watch this now.

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w11jAtQrQHk

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

PookBear posted:

same with anything related to putin such as calling putin pooty or those around him putin's bitch etc

I totally agree with this and generally think it's boomer lib poo poo.

In the Elon case though I thought people were doing it to avoid fanboys or the man himself searching for his name and dogpiling people.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Notahippie posted:

I totally agree with this and generally think it's boomer lib poo poo.

In the Elon case though I thought people were doing it to avoid fanboys or the man himself searching for his name and dogpiling people.

If it was evasion, they could have came up with something better imo.

"Elmo" just reeks of lazy posting devoid of anything past, "Hur, hur!" It has the same strength/energy as "Brandon."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ASAPI posted:

"Elmo" just reeks of lazy posting devoid of anything past, "Hur, hur!" It has the same strength/energy as "Brandon."

The problem with "Brandon" was it was derived from a real life event (Brandon Brown winning a NASCAR race), chuds along the fence during the winner interview chanting "gently caress Joe Biden", and Kelli Stavast of NBC Sports either mishearing it (taking it as a genuine chant) or hearing it correctly and downplaying it by saying they were chanting "Let's Go Brandon".

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

ASAPI posted:

it gets the point across, so vov

i kinda like it as a sort of shortened first/last name, taking just the first vowel/consonant pair of each. it's not intended to be a galaxy brain pun

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

I prefer elan musck because it lets me pretend like i dont know who elon musk is

PookBear posted:

I hate the gibbis thread because unfunny dorks try to summon their best pink forum energy and write poetry about putin making GBS threads his pants.

I get it, putin making GBS threads his pants is funny, but the nerds in gibbis arent

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 12, 2022

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Elmo feels like, "loving autocorrect--wait that works."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
he officially shitposted and internet poisoned himself into no longer being the richest man in the world

https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/status/1602428890294648832

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's all of the above: childish name calling, a way to try to avoid the worst of the bots and stans, and autocorrect.

There's also the added bonus that Elmo on sesame street doesn't use pronouns.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

It's all of the above: childish name calling, a way to try to avoid the worst of the bots and stans, and autocorrect.

There's also the added bonus that Elmo on sesame street doesn't use pronouns.

Well the big difference being puppet elmo would respect the other persons pronouns and muppet elmo wouldnt

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

And i mean muppet in the most northern england "ya fookin muppet, you" sense

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
aaaaand SBF is hosed, 14 hours before testifying

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1602448688709787653

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

What testimony was he going to provide?

Also if youre gonna do a financial fraud, why not go somewhere that doesny extradite?!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

Also if youre gonna do a financial fraud, why not go somewhere that doesny extradite?!

He was planning to appear in front of the House Financial Services Committee to talk about FTX and how he didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The fall of Chappelle is genuinely sad. At one point he was a hero, and now he’s Mitch McConnell introducing his billionaire buddies onstage.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I know Musk's other companies essentially have captive boards, but at some point does Musk's cratering approval ratings worry Tesla's board enough to say something?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hooooooooly crap

quote:

The president of the European Parliament has warned that "European democracy is under attack", following allegations that Qatar bribed EU officials to win influence.

Roberta Metsola said that "open, free, democratic societies are under attack".

Belgian police have arrested four people, among them European Parliament Vice-President Eva Kaili.

The four have been charged with corruption and money-laundering. Qatar has denied wrongdoing

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63941509

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1602424839238815747?s=46&t=kiazFXxdAQP1fIRlLHKHvQ

I am shocked

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Bribes?! around my world cup?!?!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It's more the level of the bribees that has me surprised

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

My Spirit Otter posted:

Bozo legitimately thinks he did nothing wrong other than a little oopsie woopsie and was not going to actually get arrested.

He is the most insulated of insulated failsons and he is about to have a really rude awakening.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It's more the level of the bribees that has me surprised

yea, this is legitimately shocking, i was just being glib.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Zamujasa posted:

Bozo legitimately thinks he did nothing wrong other than a little oopsie woopsie and was not going to actually get arrested.

He is the most insulated of insulated failsons and he is about to have a really rude awakening.

lol rip in piss

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

My Spirit Otter posted:

lol rip in piss

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1602454367268921344

:allears:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Zamujasa posted:

No he thinks he has immunity because he coughed up 2 billion in donations to both political parties. It's probably a big part of why he was walking free for as long as he was. The whole "Things got out of hand" narrative is a line he's trying to feed the public to avoid being held accountable for his actions. The whole charm offensive he has been on wasn't him being delusional, it was him trying to frame the conversation around what happened in terms that were favorable to his potential criminal case.

He spent so much time dealing with credulous crypto idiots that he thought he could just spin a yarn around a missing billion dollars and come out still on top.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 13, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That boy's dumber than dumb.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That boy's dumber than dumb.

Prosecution is gonna have a cake walk with the interviews.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Grip it and rip it posted:

No he thinks he has immunity because he coughed up 2 billion in donations to both political parties. It's probably a big part of why he was walking free for as long as he was. The whole "Things got out of hand" narrative is a line he's trying to feed the public to avoid being held accountable for his actions. The whole charm offensive he has been on wasn't him being delusional, it was him trying to frame the conversation around what happened in terms that were favorable to his potential criminal case.

I assume a large part of why he was walking around free was because he was consistently livetweeting my_crimes.txt and, as they say, never interrupt your criminal while they are making a mistake

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Zamujasa posted:

I assume a large part of why he was walking around free was because he was consistently livetweeting my_crimes.txt and, as they say, never interrupt your criminal while they are making a mistake

haha yeah you might be right - his constant assertion that he had spoken with attorneys but wasn't following their advice probably piqued everyone's interest

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1602453478496174081?s=20&t=uf1By4UwOKYKAawLqSMKPA

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

My Spirit Otter posted:

I thought that was the long game with all the big crypto firms. Be located somewhere hostile to the US, be coy about if senior management really exists, and guarantee all deposits are backed by… something. Then vanish without a trace and leave your subreddit in flames.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Angelo Badalamenti passed away, according to his family. Even if you’ve never seen Twin Peaks what the gently caress is wrong with you this video of him describing how he wrote one of the most memorable pieces of the soundtrack is really worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/e-eqgr_gn4k

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Angelo Badalamenti passed away, according to his family. Even if you’ve never seen Twin Peaks what the gently caress is wrong with you this video of him describing how he wrote one of the most memorable pieces of the soundtrack is really worth a watch.

Bonus stuff in that story:

https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/1602424432554901506?t=ggTaxS0VSprkVU2zK_rGeA&s=19

https://www.vulture.com/2017/05/twin-peaks-secrets.html

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This is excellent and everyone should watch it

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Even if you’ve never seen Twin Peaks what the gently caress is wrong with you

I’ve tried three times and never got further than the start of season 2, Kyle MacLachlan and Ray Wise are great and I appreciate why it’s mega popular but it just doesn’t click for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Man, he created so much cool music, that SONG from Blue Velvet, and the one from Mullholland Drive is great too...

Friendly reminder that a ton of Lynch's collaborators are old and/or dead. Hopefully he puts out his next project soon...

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’ve tried three times and never got further than the start of season 2, Kyle MacLachlan and Ray Wise are great and I appreciate why it’s mega popular but it just doesn’t click for me.
It's perfectly acceptable to watch S2 up to the reveal, then skip to the last episode. Fire Walk with Me is fantastic, and Twin Peaks: The Return is amazing.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 13, 2022