Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Musky should try dropping from the rafters in a real life ironman suit.

but instead he should break every bone in his body and get sued by disney. Also he gets smushed into a ball because he and his tesla team has vapor for brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Can’t wait until this dickhead dies trying to treat an easily curable disease with horse paste, chi or spirit crystals.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

90% he said he's Rick, because of the cartoon Rick and Mort, where Rick is a cool supa science man, and 10% because he remembers da Rick James fad line.

Isn't cartoon-Rick a nonfunctional sadsack alcoholic who's failed at everything important to him?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Almost Smart posted:

Can’t wait until this dickhead dies trying to treat an easily curable disease with horse paste, chi or spirit crystals.

The healing power of being run over by a burning Tesla.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

The Lone Badger posted:

Isn't cartoon-Rick a nonfunctional sadsack alcoholic who's failed at everything important to him?

No, no, you've got it backwards. He's an ultra-cool badass genius who is simply misunderstood by the idiots of """"human society""" and is the protagonist of the show.

Edit: my stomach hurts and i smell toast for some reason after posting this

Pastel Candy Snake fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 13, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PhazonLink posted:

Musky should try dropping from the rafters in a real life ironman suit.

but instead he should break every bone in his body and get sued by disney. Also he gets smushed into a ball because he and his tesla team has vapor for brains.

He thinks he's Tony Stark, but he's really Justin Hammer and everyone knows it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Unfair, Justin Hammer can dance

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
elon was actually on an episode of rick and morty and his scenes were so painfully unfunny i have no doubt he had a hand in writing them

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Renreeja posted:

he gives off major "that kid you knew in elementary school" vibes

he's loving 50

I'm literally cooler than richest man on planet Earth, Elon Musk, and I'm eating cheetos

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

elon was actually on an episode of rick and morty and his scenes were so painfully unfunny i have no doubt he had a hand in writing them

Yeah rick and morty has its ups and downs but those scenes really really stuck out. I'd say maybe elon bought his way into a cameo, but I think elon and roiland are friends.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He shows up in South Park and the Simpsons too and guess what? He's not funny and can't act
in those either.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

roiland was in the group chats that got released where elon was originally floating the idea of buying twitter lol

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
These people never learned to just chill and think about thier own thoughts before acting.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Who's got a quick link to that video where Elon and Grimes are giving an interview about how they named their kid after their favourite airplane, the "SR-17", both of them completely oblivious to the fact that they just got their own kid's name wrong, and that the SR-17 isn't a real plane?

I need it to complete a cringe trifecta.

edit: it was a tweet :q:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1257925244733452290?s=20&t=QXawxNNzhH8r_uul8c7sPw

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 13, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

he's loving 50

I'm literally cooler than richest man on planet Earth, Elon Musk, and I'm eating cheetos

2nd richest :cryingemoji:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Justin Hammer was talented

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Musk has never watched The Chappelle Show.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Handen posted:

Who's got a quick link to that video where Elon and Grimes are giving an interview about how they named their kid after their favourite airplane, the "SR-17", both of them completely oblivious to the fact that they just got their own kid's name wrong, and that the SR-17 isn't a real plane?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1257925244733452290?s=20&t=QXawxNNzhH8r_uul8c7sPw

jfc

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

repiv posted:

roiland was in the group chats that got released where elon was originally floating the idea of buying twitter lol

ahaha so buyers remorse is why he unfollowed roiland

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
You know what's even better than laughing at this dumb boer?

Giving https://www.post.news a try

It's the first twitter spinoff that looks like it has some real potential. Lots of good accounts are setting up shop there now. There is currently a waitlist to sign up for the site.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Handen posted:

If the sr-71 was so good why did it run away from Libyan anti air missiles

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Orc Priest posted:

It's the first twitter spinoff that looks like it has some real potential. Lots of good accounts are setting up shop there now. There is currently a waitlist to sign up for the site.

no thanks

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

pronouns are problematic but here's a large paragraph explaining half of my child's name

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Leslieoo7/status/1602152106219257858

Iron Man folks!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Orc Priest posted:

lotta red flags here

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Orc Priest posted:

Thanks guy who works for the site run by the second worst racist billionaire mentioned on this page.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Orc Priest posted:

Know any hot singles in my area?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

If the sr-71 was so good why did it run away from Libyan anti air missiles

it was extremely good at running away

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
I'm sorry everyone, they paid me in arby's gift cards! I couldn't say no to that

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

The Lone Badger posted:

Yes, but he's such a self-destructive fuckup that he can hurt a lot of other people. This is the only thing he's good at

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

repiv posted:

both the Rick and Mort guys think buttcoins and dog coinz are real legit supa sci fin tech.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Orc Priest posted:

the CEO of this site said they consider "net worth" to be a protected characteristic

its hate speech to bully billionaires apparently

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

repiv posted:

the CEO of this site said they consider "net worth" to be a protected characteristic

its hate speech to bully billionaires apparently

Lmao JFC. Hard pass

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Orc Priest posted:

Somebody already mentioned but they consider dunking on millionaires to be discrimination lol

https://www.jwz.org/blog/2022/11/psa-do-not-use-services-that-hate-the-internet/

Also they're making fake accounts to try to make businesses claim them

https://www.jwz.org/blog/2022/11/claim-your-account/

Edit: also it's probably tied up in crypto poo poo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i only dunk on people for their gross worth because i don't give a gently caress how much liability you're carrying you bloated tick.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://www.axios.com/2022/12/13/twitter-disbands-trust-safety-council

quote:

Twitter disbands Trust and Safety Council

Twitter disbanded its "Trust and Safety Council," according to an email sent Monday night to the members of the panel that was obtained by news outlets including Axios.

Why it matters: It's another example of owner Elon Musk rolling back years of efforts designed to make the social media site a more civil and safer place, per the Washington Post.

Context: The council comprised several expert advisory groups, including GLAAD, volunteering their time to address what the since-deleted page described as "issues critical to the health of the public conversation.'

Their key focus areas were online safety and harassment, human and digital Rights, suicide prevention and mental health, child sexual exploitation and dehumanization.

The big picture: Musk has committed to making Twitter a haven for free speech, but he has also said the removal of child sexual abuse material is his "number one priority."

The company has lost roughly two thirds of its staff since Musk took over, including many employees who worked on trust and safety and related areas.

Details: "We are grateful for your engagement, advice and collaboration in recent years and wish you every success in the future," said the email, signed only "Twitter" that announced the news and thanked the volunteers for their work.

Flashback: Three members of the council resigned last week in protest at the Twitter changes, citing in a statement evidence they said showed that "contrary to claims by Elon Musk, the safety and wellbeing of Twitter’s users are on the decline."

What they're saying: "Twitter has made it abundantly clear that trust and safety are no longer priorities for the company, given this abrupt dismissal of the Trust & Safety Council as well as its dangerous policy choices over the last month and invitations for suspended accounts to rejoin," a GLAAD spokesperson told Axios.

"Until the company returns to following basic industry-wide best practices on hateful content, the platform clearly remains unsafe not only for LGBTQ users but for brands and advertisers."

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Orc Priest posted:

how much did you get paid to embarrass yourself like this

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

BigglesSWE posted:

You’re not wrong but I’m legit surprised that Trump hasn’t caved. I thought he’d be chomping at the bit to get back to Twitter and ditch his fake-Twitter faster than he’d ditch a political ally, but I guess spiteful rage can temper his impulse control.

If Truth Social gets acquired by the SPAC thing, Trump makes several hundred million dollars. At least 300 in actual real cash.

He's not gonna be on twitter until either that collapses for good, or the election cycle starts in earnest.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Every post Elon makes needs to have this tweet thrown in his face, over and over forever

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Elon must have read 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Post news sucks but I don't think someone is sitting in silicon valley getting paid 6 figures to shill to a dead gay internet forum