Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They got Pattinson for Batman so I assume they were going to get Chalamet for McGinnis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

I think when part of your pitch involves Superman Returns as a point of comparison you've failed at the starting line

that airplane rescue was even cooler than the oil rig rescue in mos.

too bad about the rest of that movie.

...both of them

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Huh so that's what that scene in The Boys was parodying.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's odd that they chose WWI and the Germans to be the villains when historically that doesn't really work as well as WW2 when the Germans were the clear aggressors in Europe. That wasn't the case in WW1.

It was the first Wonder Woman movie, it would have to involve the first World War

WWI = WWI
this is all stupid bullshit but I only just made the connection

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You could definitely do a cool Beyond movie, but a big part of the appeal was revisiting characters and I don't know how well a movie does that, unless you have 2 or 3 "well known villain who's old now" characters. I guess you could do Joker's Return well enough but they don't have a very well established Robin

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
line in the sand for me. Conroy is that version of Bruce Wayne, full stop.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm also having trouble imagining what a live action future Gotham based on being the future from today looks like.

Time wise, if you have Keaton, the future could be not too far off today, but then you lose the cool cyberpunk setting the original had. Though having a crazy techno future when the film is set in, say, 2035 is in itself very cyberpunk.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I legitimately like to see Batman Beyond with Clooney. He's a real good curmudgeon.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I wanna see Batman Beyond '66, set in the far-off future, the year 2000.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Argue posted:

This is the best idea so far! I would watch it a dozen times in the theater.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
maybe if West was still alive.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Argue posted:

One of my dream movies that could never happen is Dark Knight Returns in the 66 verse, with all the original stage sets just all broken and grimy

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Wayne Static is also dead making a Batman Beyond movie even less possible.

Isn't this the second Michael Keaton Batman project to be abandoned (first being Batgirl)?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Madkal posted:

Wayne Static is also dead making a Batman Beyond movie even less possible.

Isn't this the second Michael Keaton Batman project to be abandoned (first being Batgirl)?

Third when they inevitably can Flash

E:technically fourth if you want to be pedantic and count Continues

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
At least Keaton still has the Sinister Six.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

live with fruit posted:

At least Keaton still has the Sinister Six.

I dare anyone to explain how any of this Sony/MCU crossover poo poo makes any sense, based on what we've been shown and told in the movies so far.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Jamesman posted:

DC should scrap everything they've done for the past 30 years and restore the Schumakerverse.

We're ready to embrace it. I'm not even joking.

Yes!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jamesman posted:

I dare anyone to explain how any of this Sony/MCU crossover poo poo makes any sense, based on what we've been shown and told in the movies so far.

you can't because they were trying to set it up without the frame of reference as to how incursions work in the MCU

like Vulture should just be dead right now right, along with the rest of Sony-land?

is it explained anywhere how America Chavez is able to stay in MCU-land without causing an incursion? is it because MCU-land doesn't already have an America Chavez, is that how that works?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

America Chavez is unique in the multiverse so while it isn't said in dialogue, that's probably the intended reason.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Plot twist: Mark Hamill as old Bruce

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

you can't because they were trying to set it up without the frame of reference as to how incursions work in the MCU

like Vulture should just be dead right now right, along with the rest of Sony-land?

is it explained anywhere how America Chavez is able to stay in MCU-land without causing an incursion? is it because MCU-land doesn't already have an America Chavez, is that how that works?

If it works like the comics, people living in alternate universes is fine usually. It's only when two Earth's collide that universes get destroyed. Though in the MCU, they do seem to assume that too many portals or crossovers make an incursion more likely.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
James Gunn gave about ten seconds of clarification to the Hollywood Reporter story from the other day on Twitter and in an interview:

Superman: "A huge priority, if not the most important priority" figure. "Want to get it right."

Rumors: Stories that he hates Henry Cavill and that Ryan Reynolds would have come back for Green Lantern if Zach Snyder came back (?!?) are false.

Swamp Thing and Justice League Dark: Being considered.

Green Arrow: Favorite DC character, excited about possibilities.

Green Lantern Content: "Important."

Future: Don't expect major news anytime soon. Nothing to announce after Aquaman 2 for a while.

Peacemaker: Still plans to do a second season. No changes there. No info on anything after that.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

A hundred years ago when the rumors of the Green Arrow movie Supermax started circulating, I was very excited. Obviously it never happened, but I'm cautiously optimistic to see what he's got in mind for Ollie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Obviously he’s going to restore the Arrowverse

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Legends of Tomorrow movie when?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Legends of Tomorrow movie when?

The interesting thing is that Legends is basically laser-targeted to the kind of poo poo Gunn likes doing. Like if he was making Peacemaker for a normal broadcast network, I'd imagine it might look something like LoT.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DangerDummy! posted:

A hundred years ago when the rumors of the Green Arrow movie Supermax started circulating, I was very excited. Obviously it never happened, but I'm cautiously optimistic to see what he's got in mind for Ollie.

Oh, wow, I remember rumors about that flick. It does in fact feel like a lifetime ago.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Man, I see the tax write-offs are still coming. WB announced the cancellation of a few more HBO shows recently, and are wiping them off of the streaming platform.

I think Westworld's popularity died off a lot after the first season, but it was still a pretty huge title for the company. Surprising that it didn't get its final season and it's being erased. Genuinely makes me wonder if anything is actually safe from being vaulted, at this point.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Holy poo poo they're going to memoryhole WESTWORLD???

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FilthyImp posted:

Yep

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status...ingawful.com%2F

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Between HBO and Twitter, 2022 is the year of the Well Thought Out Purchases

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I can understand The Nevers, since it happened when Whedon was getting his poo poo kicked in AND it reeked of him watching that Doctor Who series with the gay lizard lady and her human wife + the weird fat blobby juggernaut head guy and thinking "I can do that".

But the loving prestige robot series? Goddddddaaaaàamn

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah. Originally, the show was going to get a final season where they would wrap up the story and call it a day, but then last month, it was announced that HBO was backing out of that. Now today, it's been revealed the show is being wiped off of streaming.

So they're still scrambling, and I'm genuinely wondering if anything is absolutely "off the table." And at the same time, especially with the current talk about the future of the DCEU, I'm absolutely amazed that they still plan to release the Flash movie. What the hell does Ezra Miller have on these people?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still don't get what pulling stuff from Max actually accomplishes. I mean if it's licensed stuff sure that make sense, but if they pull things they made and own that just seems like it diminishes the value of the service for zero benefit?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They cycle stuff on and off which I assume is part making some extra money by selling limited licensing to other apps and part trying to make the input seem fresher than usual. Like they add like 20-30 things a month so if you remove a bunch at the same rate you can bring them back in a few months and create a false cycle of freshness. I've even seen stuff on the "Last Chance" list in the last of the month and the "Just Added" list the first.

The recent thing of removing stuff sounded like it was a kind of tax fraud thing of writing off struggling originals as losses and removing them so there couldn't be any kind of increase in viewership that muddied the water or something.

I dunno why you'd remove Westworld. Maybe its the last season factoring into the tax fraud thing? Maybe its part of just creating a sense of scarcity? Maybe its a rights issue or renting out. But seems weird for an original show that was once a tentpole. Unless its just a straight up money grab of getting money now for the rights from another service. Or just bad reporting. Who knows?

If it weren't Christmas and I weren't already watching a questionable quality sci fi show in Doctor Who I might give Westworld a watch since I did enjoy the first season and never watched beyond the second (and don't even really remember it). But nah. Got enough going on.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Someone in another thread said it’s so they don’t have to pay royalties, and something about not having to pay unions.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

IUG posted:

Someone in another thread said it’s so they don’t have to pay royalties, and something about not having to pay unions.

It's about not having to pay residuals (which are basically royalties) and shutting down the future expense of a 5th season. This one is unrelated to tax write-offs.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The Rock wants to get out of Superhero movies and into corporate thrillers.

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1602440922469322754

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The Rock wants to get out of Superhero movies and into corporate thrillers.

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1602440922469322754

I'm not sure if the Rock is the problem here, if WB execs are leaking against their own movie...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

More info from the source:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1602441179492073472