Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What guns should I be looking for while leveling the Veteran?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

explosivo posted:

All are viable, but the MK12 lasgun is S-tier by late game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anti-Hero posted:

All are viable, but the MK12 lasgun is S-tier by late game.

Thanks!

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

explosivo posted:

While leveling you can literally use anything that's blue because their base power ratings will be lower than anything you get at 30

Just use the gun with the biggest number as you level and you'll be fine - if you have a single target melee like a combat axe having a high magazine capacity gun is nice and vice versa

Once you get to 30 go chase weapons with base ratings from 350 to 380

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

explosivo posted:

Kantrael MG XII lasgun and the Boltgun are both top tier. Braced autoguns are also really good and really fun!

Below difficulty 4 you can do well with any weapon, though.

This Reddit post is definitely in line with my experience so far: https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/zh1l9l/i_battle_tested_almost_every_veteran_sharpshooter/

40 Proof Listerine posted:

What are power stacks

I got a shotgun that has a blessing for +4% power when all pellets hit the same enemy and that seems both cool and lower numbers than I expect

This video says Power is a straight multiplier on damage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QlBkFN9RRw

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Levelling Vet felt bad to me until I got whatever the "high capacity, high damage" lasgun is. After that I pretty much used Agripnaa Braced Auto all the way to 30. I tried the rapid fire Accatran lasgun a few times but it didn't feel great while levelling. I'm sure with feats and perks it's a fun gun though.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I wish they'd show a little icon cooldown in the HUD while blessings are active like they do for class feats etc

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Weapons aside, the 5th character slot better be for a loving Squat/Kin

They're highly resistant to chaos, it just makes sense

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

S.J. posted:

Weapons aside, the 5th character slot better be for a loving Squat/Kin

They're highly resistant to chaos, it just makes sense

Curses at you in lingua technis.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Benefit to making the 5th slot a techpriest: You can have the same voice actor do all 3 voices with different modulation.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Curses at you in lingua technis.

You're just upset because you know I'm right :smug:

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
How the hell do you get the Ogryn penace to charge three times in 25 seconds?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kith posted:

the braced autogun explainer has logged on

Mobility is absolutely the dump stat for Braced Autoguns. And most guns, really. The extra magazine size and reserve ammo will serve you EXTREMELY well since that's more damage per magazine and more ammunition per pickup. I highly recommend upgrading that gray.

I am extremely jealous of that gray roll and wish it was in my inventory instead of yours

at this point it's an "i don't know and now i'm too embarrassed to ask" situation but gently caress it:

are "dump stats," here & in general, something you want to minimize, or maximize? i swear i've heard both and i have no clue what the etymology's supposed to be either way

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 13, 2022

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Minimize

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jarvisi posted:

How the hell do you get the Ogryn penace to charge three times in 25 seconds?

Isn't the penance just for a set distance? Take the recharge feat and the distance feat and charge at the beginning of a big encounter, then mash F and hope you get it

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Ciaphas posted:

at this point it's an "i don't know and now i'm too embarrassed to ask" situation but gently caress it:

are "dump stats," here & in general, something you want to minimize, or maximize? i swear i've heard both and i have no clue what the etymology's supposed to be either way

In general it's the stat you don't care about and minimize.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

skaianDestiny posted:

In general it's the stat you don't care about and minimize.

Yeah I'm old but I always remember it being the "dumpster" stat you don't care about

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

S.J. posted:

Isn't the penance just for a set distance? Take the recharge feat and the distance feat and charge at the beginning of a big encounter, then mash F and hope you get it

Yeah you need to charge the full distance of 3 charges with the distance feat it's kinda crazy

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I always interpret "dump stat" as the stat that's not your primary focus but that you want all your leftover points to go into, the stat you 'dump' excess statpoints in, like "when your main stats are maxed dump the rest here"

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jarvisi posted:

Yeah you need to charge the full distance of 3 charges with the distance feat it's kinda crazy

Should be less than twice? I believe with the doubling feat your maximum move distance is 24 meters.

e: Oh wait 70m my bad

Apparently in the original beta the distance was 100m for the bull rush feat and it looks like they haven't updated the penance to reflect the changes

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013
Just gonna drop this here

https://dt.wartide.net/calc/

Group I got pulled into is deep diving the code hardcore

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Will a wired mouse with a macro key work with this game? I'm getting old and holding block and doing the push attack is causing soreness in my forearm. Would really like to automate that

Yep, works just fine. I have the same problem, and use a macro to solve it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm finally getting around to giving the plasma gun a fair chance, and the heating and extreme reload mechanics are pretty annoying but this is probably the most satisfying railgun I've ever seen

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm finally getting around to giving the plasma gun a fair chance, and the heating and extreme reload mechanics are pretty annoying but this is probably the most satisfying railgun I've ever seen

have you considered: a psyker with voidstrike

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

I don't care if it's not the optimal melee weapon, I love my new shovel

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

I haven't paid attention to psykers at all because I played one on the first beta. Does it make a squelching *blorp* sound while turning everything in a straight line in front of you into a fountain of blood?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't paid attention to psykers at all because I played one on the first beta. Does it make a squelching *blorp* sound while turning everything in a straight line in front of you into a fountain of blood?

Yes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

comrade corcus posted:

what does this all mean

explain it to me like im an ogryn and you're hardon

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

comrade corcus posted:

Oh neat, I'll try messing around with thi-

There's 2 more variants of the Eviscerator??

S.J.
May 19, 2008

skaianDestiny posted:

Holy gently caress there are so many more guns and melee weapons on this list than there are in the game lmao wtf

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yes, espcially if you land the headhshots

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

comrade corcus posted:

yo theres multiple types of powersword, bolter, shotguns etc. also a stub rifle.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Update on the plasma gun: holy poo poo it can shoot through many types of wall. On a class that has built-in wallhacks. :eyepop:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

There's also pages and pages of headgear that showed up during beta briefly because of a bug. We've seen maybe 10%? of the actual items in the game.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I like darkmass.gg but I really wish it would show me movesets for each weapon. I'm not 14 anymore, I can't memorize attack patterns on weapons when the only textual difference is Mk1 and Mk2.

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

skaianDestiny posted:

Yea, the amount of weapons that are -fully- finished in the code is really sad considering how few we get in game. They need to be speed tracking all this out pretty quick.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

When more weapons come out the shop reset timer is just going to get more unbearable.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Boogalo posted:

There's also pages and pages of headgear that showed up during beta briefly because of a bug. We've seen maybe 10%? of the actual items in the game.

you can see some of the above here

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/c...nt=share_button

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Cease to Hope posted:

Voidstrike can't shoot through walls, plasma gun can. Go full Eraser with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

boredsatellite posted:

Yes, espcially if you land the headhshots

I got that zillion headshots penance -- like the final tier version of it -- just spamming at a big crowd with Voidstrike. It owns.