Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Fortress Name: Duralozsit Bibar, "The Honorable Crab of Drab"
Group Name: Ozsittok Odshith, "The Crab-Planters of Clam"
Group Symbol:
"It is an image of a crab, a horseshoe crab, a magma crab, a crab man, and a cave lobster. The cave lobster is smeared into a spiral."
Symbol name: "The Comedy of Compassion"

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Appoda posted:

I'm under the opposite -- from past and current experience, fluid emulation has typically been a resource hog. Like "never embark on streams" bad when I first started playing. But it's a new version, the wiki isn't up to date, some things have been optimized and some things not so much. In any case, I can already tell my 5x5 in an evil/good shrubland runs better than a 4x4 next to the ocean.

True to life, though it'd be nice if there were more catchable fish. My last embark was 50% ocean and my dumb fisherdwarf ran out of fish to catch in the first week! :mad:

You can only catch vermin fish (not in the units list) but reverse-drowning chambers work well for catching the big ones.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Any advice on what to do if I have too much alcohol? Even dwarves aren't keeping up with production and they can't make an all liquid meal out of em.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Oh, this human with a blinking name wants to join me, sure why not.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

tokin opposition posted:

Any advice on what to do if I have too much alcohol? Even dwarves aren't keeping up with production and they can't make an all liquid meal out of em.

Stockpile it until you have a ridiculous amount and then sell it.

Is it all wine? You could turn your sweet pods into syrup instead of rum.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Hey, can I get a Dwarf Fortress gang tag? My application can be found here.

Not good enough? Alright, let's talk about Smoothbridges.

Smoothbridges is a novel approach of the empire of the Single Girder--not just a home carved in stone, it was a home carved in stone and water. Built near a massive river that cut out a huge waterfall that fell a dozen Z levels, Smoothbridges was to have an elaborate water reservoir from which several water features were hewn.

A series of underground farming plots were watered from the reservoir, and could be flooded at the touch of a button. As you can see, the door was firmly locked to keep dwarves OUT of the area while water was being added. When was it unlocked? Some time later! Don't worry about it!

Another series of levers carefully managed the flow of water to the moat, where a mighty bridge could be raised at any time, completely sealing the fortress from the outside world. With flowing water and growing food within, the fortress could stay sealed for generations, completely safe from the woes of the outside world! We planted food, right? Must have done.

Also, that's the fortress chef at the bottom of the moat. Not sure how he got there.

Behold, the mighty sewer system, where waterfalls of cold water from above kept the fortress clean and hydrated! Our ecumenical services are open to the roughly twelve religions our fourteen dwarves demand access to, and statues of the four guardian gods keep the temple safe. Notably, no one died making this!

Sure, a giant eagle caused a ruckus outside. And yeah, it ate a kid. But a child too weak to slay a giant eagle isn't worth protecting anyway.

Unfortunately, all of our workers are hanging around, not doing much. I don't mind the occasional break, but my stone carver hasn't made any stone furniture for over a half year! He's just hanging around outside, flirting with people in the woods. What is WRONG with that guy?

Oh. Well, maybe I can replace my stone furniture needs with wooden furniture ones.

Dammit. Now I can't make any furniture at all for the single person in this fortress who gets anything done.

Cerol Cactus Orbs the tireless undead warrior, clad in full steel plate, who endlessly patrols back and forth in front of the gate. He worships every god, he has over a hundred relatives, has been a member from every dwarven civilization, and an outcast from most of them. He was mayor of a town. He has a dead lover a dozen dead children, is about forty years younger than all history, and has forgotten everything he ever cared about.

All Cerol does now is wordlessly patrol the fortress in his immaculate armor, murdering the giant animals that plague Smoothbridges. He buried his axe in a snake's head, and then repeatedly shook his fist in front of its face while it slowly bled to death, having seizures that shook it so badly parts flew off. The experience meant nothing to him. Everything means nothing to him.

The only parts of my fortress working well are the brewers, the miners, and a single emotionless, terrifying zombie warrior who kills the local wildlife too thoroughly for the corpses to be butchered. I can't even reward Cerol Cactus Orbs with a home that matches his demands, because all my furniture crafters are crippled. Oh, and occasionally someone goes berserk and gets.... taken care of. Smoothbridges is now a medical system with an elaborate set of pipes--water sluicing back and forth as the head surgeon tries their best to help the only people who know how to make things. The head surgeon knows nothing about medicine. At least the fortress will likely never fall--not with its invincible steel god at the front gate. And there are plump helmets to eat and beer made from scavenged fruits to drink. No comfort, no warmth, but food, drink, and safety.

And the excavation work is going well! Smoothbridges will linger on yet.

Oh, and the kid's back, as a ghost, haunting the poo poo out of the hospital. Not.... not sure what to do about that. Again, everyone who can craft coffins is in that hospital, being haunted.

I used to be better at this game, honest.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've forbidden plump helmet from being cooked but I still have somehow run out of seeds...

Also is there a bug with mining? I'm up to 53 dwarver now but they seem to have stopped taking my mining orders.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Popete posted:

I've forbidden plump helmet from being cooked but I still have somehow run out of seeds...

Also is there a bug with mining? I'm up to 53 dwarver now but they seem to have stopped taking my mining orders.

Check your labor. Who's been told they can mine? Do those dwarves have mining picks? Do they have nerve damage? What are they doing instead of mining?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Mystic Mongol posted:

Check your labor. Who's been told they can mine? Do those dwarves have mining picks? Do they have nerve damage? What are they doing instead of mining?

I'll have to double check but I have plenty of picks in stock and I even added more dwarves to the mining labor page.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Anyone else ever have work orders get bugged out? All of mine have 0 progress made towards them. My dwarves will sit there with no job despite being a laborer for one of my workshops with plenty of work orders to do.

edit: they're completely hosed. I have dwarves locked to do just a single workshop for labor and they're off smoothing floors instead of building stuff.

Mustang fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 13, 2022

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Not answering the previous question, but an important note about work orders:

If you're going to make a standing milking order, makes sure you set a condition for X number of empty buckets, otherwise all of your buckets will get tied up full of milk, and any dwarfs in your hospital will die of dehydration because there are no buckets to give them water with.

Whoops!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Mustang posted:

Anyone else ever have work orders get bugged out? All of mine have 0 progress made towards them. My dwarves will sit there with no job despite being a laborer for one of my workshops with plenty of work orders to do.

edit: they're completely hosed. I have dwarves locked to do just a single workshop for labor and they're off smoothing floors instead of building stuff.

Is your manager still around? Mine got laid out by a Forgotten Beast and while he was recuperating in hospital no work orders were being approved. Once I passed on the role to somebody who wasn't convalescing, things picked up again.

Kenning posted:

standing milking order

Well, you can't do it if they're sitting down! :dadjoke:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I've yet to see magma, time to settle on a volcano!

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

It's definitely down there, but volcano is much more instant gratification, go nuts!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Uh, I don't know if this is a bug, but I deleted an old labor work detail I had set up, and immediately all the entertainers I had accepted started doing work.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
My fortress was defeated by a monster, but the monster himself was killed with 6 lost. However, this was a weretortoise and so this also conveys the full disease state of wereanimals, which I forgot was even a thing. Soon my dwarves started turning into were tortoises. It took like, a month, before a fort of 65 went down to 3. They'd all be dead by now if there wasn't a tavern with a bunch of cannon fodder helpers to take care of the weretortoises as they came up.

The only dwarves left are the fisherdwarf, who is separated from everyone else because he's by the river outside and isn't around for the daily mass murder, the mayor, who probably inherited the job by someone dying, and actually a doctor. Idk when he showed up, but I made him the doctor. The hospital is the first place that gets hit usually, then the chapel, then the tavern. The mayor spends her time making coffins. There is not enough space or manpower to bury the dead, to say nothing of the dogs and weretortoises and humans and non hostile goblins. Miasma wafts up the stairway. The lycantropy is in the tavern guests and there is labor not to bury the dead or to expel. Doom has come.

There isn't space for them all

There are spots with 20 different people's blood in the chapel. I don't know how to get them to clean it. I don't know how to get it clean. I don't know how to get it clean.

ETA: I let it run while I was typing this and it went down to just one, the mayor stuck in the cavern somehow and couldn't get out to come and try to take some down with him. Migrants showed up, 21 of them. I went back to upload the screenshots, and their number is back to 3 again. The mayor is stuck in the caverns, but there's plenty of food down there. Ghosts haunt the hallways from all the unburied bodies. They haunt him the most. He isn't even the mayor anymore.

skooma512 fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 13, 2022

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Radio Paranoia posted:

Is your manager still around? Mine got laid out by a Forgotten Beast and while he was recuperating in hospital no work orders were being approved. Once I passed on the role to somebody who wasn't convalescing, things picked up again.

Had no idea your manager had to actually sit down in their office and approve work orders!

Found mine "meditating on madness" for the better part of a season. Mysterious. She keeps telling herself "I was cried on by an unhappy citizen. I'm very empathetic".

What a strange dwarf.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Lack of proper workshop shortcuts makes Tias a crazy dwarf :psydwarf:

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

I haven't had a lot of Fun(tm) with this fort yet, but we're getting there. I'd like to submit my second ettin encounter for a gang tag.

I've taken on a number of mercenaries as the seasons go on, including a human swordswoman named Gelu, and a goblin axe...gob? named Atthem, both of whom have become masters of their weapon. In the doing they've elevated their dwarven brethren in arms to similarly fearsome levels of competency, and they've longed for opportunities to put their mastery to to the real test. There's only so many times you can retell the tale of chasing a fox that snuck into the burrows and was hassling the dogs for an hour before someone finally cornered and brained it, after all. The tavernkeeper's sighs have started to cut, after the hundredth recitation, and if the fox was half as fierce and giant as the tellers would have you believe it would scarcely have fit in the burrow to begin with.

Enter Axod Tudosposplu Ostra, the second ettin to catch the scent of my burgeoning civilization and come knocking at the drawbridge. The beast came upon us fast, but fortunately only a few dwarves were out in the forest doing elfen things like gathering fruit, the rest scarcely needed to take a step to obey the order to burrows, and continued about their proper underground pursuits. Two squads bristling with weapons ascended the stairs, took station near the trading post, and lay in wait... The ettin did not disappoint, and soon found itself silhouetted against the mouth of the cave, presumably wondering just what it had gotten into when the clattering of twenty sets of armor and the stench and shouts of the hardened and battle hungry warriors wearing it welcomed them in.

A relatively green spearsdwarf immediately took good sport off the table, parrying the ettin's initial strike and countering with a savage stab in the left leg that took the beast to ground. As the rest of the pack joined the fight, Axod soon found itself full of regret. The creature, beset on all sides, soon lost its grip on the sole belonging it had brought into battle, a buckler called 'Citasnothra'

Short frenzied moments of combat later, one of the militia's swordmasters showed their finesse by neatly scrambling one of the ettin's brains. As Axod Tudosposplu Ostra was able to comment on the gravity of their situation, the newly remodeled head must have been that of Axod Goalsculptures the Laconic, whose blood now spread in a vast pool amongst the melee.

Many more blows were landed by the dwarves, and the waning strength of the ettin failed to allow it to answer with force even once. In Tudospoplu Ostra's dying delusions, as blows rained down, it commented with pleasure on how it had improved its dodging prowess. The dangling remains of Goalsculptures the Laconic's head remained mute. Limbs were severed, guts twisted, and lungs punctured. Finally, the killing blow was landed, though it was hard to say by whom.

Through careful analysis of the scene, and interviews with the witnesses, dwarven combat reconstructionists were able to ascertain the details of the story, and credit one of the militia's number with their second ettin kill. Swordmaster Deduk Stinthädildom claimed the blood soaked honors, delivering a killing blow to the creature's neck.

A now practiced deliverer of great beasts to Armok's realm, she was unmoved by the experience. Only two questions came to mind as she shook the blood from her braids. Who's going to clean up this mess...? And who gets that fancy shield?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Clocks posted:

So, different sects/faiths can request temples. You need to figure out whether a different sect wanted one, or whether the sect that has a temple wants an upgraded one. Both can happen and are separate things.

I'm guessing that's "different sect" in my case since the number of followers is different. No way else to tell, though, is there? The god (The Cobalt) and the aspects of worship (Mountains, Caverns) are exactly the same, and there's no religion screen that summarizes the request.

vs

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A legendary pikeman joins my fortress to do soldering.

I admit him to the fortress and recruit him to the military

he immediately drops his pike and picks up a hammer

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

sebmojo posted:

gang tags all assigned, so pipe up if you want one, and have posted a story (there have been some great ones, keep them coming!)

Oh poo poo, all my stories of nearly 20 years of DF have melted into a vague, terrifying fog, menacing with spikes of fragmented memory. I've backed up countless of cisterns, drowning my cave entrances, not noticed my necromancer neighbours and so getting murdered by "faint butchers" and moth person corpses.. Annoying a gigantic panda with dozens dead as a consequence.

I think I shall tell of one of my most horrifying syndromes. A giant echidna-like creature with two heads rose up from the depths, quickly earning the name "The Act of Torments" by immediately almost liquifying my clueless cavern-going miners and mushroom collectors. It emitted a cloud of what I later considered a sort of radiactive dust, as any militiaman coming into contact with the weird powder taking medium/heavy damage to all body areas, becoming drowsy and nauseous and getting "covered in blisters" to their body part descriptions :gonk:

It took my mace master and captain of the guard with his artifact mace to bring it down, crushing it's final head and consigning it to oblivion. After a thorough stay in hastily-erected kaolinite decontamination chambers (carve out rooms, add floor grates, add chutes that flush the dwarf in water, rinse, repeat with next dwarf), I figured things would settle down, as my horribly scarred dwarves could reach the tender ministrations of my well-stocked hospital without accidentally infecting their friends.

They did.. for a while. Suddenly dwarves started dying, and once dead, I could hardly autopsy them to find out what was wrong, but I remembered my two-noggined Echidna Nemesis well and figured it had something to do with the syndrome. I think it did, for monitoring the dwarves who had survived the battle, I suddenly noticed one of them having a grayed-out liver, where it was just yellow before. Then he died, and then it happened to another.

A two-headed Echnida spewing out dust that burned the skin off your body, and weeks later melted your liver, killing you. Just another day in Dwarf Fortress.

Tias fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 13, 2022

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Tunicate posted:

A legendary pikeman joins my fortress to do soldering.

I admit him to the fortress and recruit him to the military

he immediately drops his pike and picks up a hammer

good avatar/post combo

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Thanks to quantum stockpiling my forts are finally not a massive eyesore

I don't know why it's such a big nitpick for me but I cannot stand the fort all covered in boulders. I know I can just disable their graphics but I still know they're there, damnit!
So my new plan is underground quantum stockpiles. Stairs next to crafting stations leading to a 3x3 stockpile where one tile occasionally gets a massive dump of new items on it. I hope someone just mods regular stockpiles to work this way frankly, I hate dealing with storage management in these kinds of games :sweatdrop:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Do animals in cages starve?

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Deeplance is doing well. Too well. I'm suffering from success. Not ready to write a part 3 yet because not sure if it will end soon. I've already become the capital and hit the 200 pop soft cap. Much faster than I expected... I really feel like I want to raise that cap, to keep playing. But my FPS is already maxing at about 45. If I get more, I might start to get down to as low as 20 when a battle happens... I built an atom smasher and got rid of a lot of junk, but not much of an improvement. Are there any other tips to increase FPS? I'm probably not going to get a better CPU for dwarf fortress, and even then I think the game itself might be the core limiter.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I did my first bit of "engineering." I built a couple of floodgates and levers, the hurriedly mined into an aquifer hoping to fill the first chamber. Nothing happening, just a 1s and the odd 2 of water once it was walled off. Then the water started disappearing leaving mud. Checked the season, it was Winter! I presume the cold froze some of the aquifer, along with a lack of rain, meaning there was no water to fill the chamber. Now it's spring and raining again the first chamber is filling up. I just hope it fills enough to bring water to my hospital. And then we get a years worth of water at a time so I can keep it replenished once per annum.

loving water freezing scuppering my plans in the short term. Whatta game!

Also, I've got a guineafowl assigned to a pen in a room with a nest box. How do I feed it?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

well, aside from wile. e. coyote the miner, my 'collapse soil 40 levels from the surface down to my magma glass forges and kilns' plan was a 100% success

except for the part where soil still transmutes when falling. At least I have a use for sand but dang I thought that bug was fixed 10 years ago

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

dumbass snakeman losers invaded my caverns and then got stuck in a tree and now all they can do is try to scare haulers trying clean up logs in the area

for gently caress's sake! of all the trees for a dwarven child to climb, why did it have to be the one with a horde of violent snakemen living on it

at least they have the good sense to feel bad about killing a child

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Nosre posted:

I'm guessing that's "different sect" in my case since the number of followers is different. No way else to tell, though, is there? The god (The Cobalt) and the aspects of worship (Mountains, Caverns) are exactly the same, and there's no religion screen that summarizes the request.

vs

So the names in blue are the gods/entities being worshipped, the names in yellow are the sects that will usually request a personalized temple. Unfortunately there is no way to look at a request after you've accepted it so for this reason I usually take a screenshot or note it down somewhere. But yes, it would probably be one of the yellow options that wanted a temple, and probably whichever was largest.

And as I said in my first post, sometimes a sect that has a temple asks for a fancier temple and then you upgrade the original one you had built for them.

Hopefully in the future they will have some kind of "requests" tab to make it easier to keep track of which temples and guildhalls your dwarves wanted from you.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Clocks posted:

So the names in blue are the gods/entities being worshipped, the names in yellow are the sects that will usually request a personalized temple. Unfortunately there is no way to look at a request after you've accepted it so for this reason I usually take a screenshot or note it down somewhere. But yes, it would probably be one of the yellow options that wanted a temple, and probably whichever was largest.

And as I said in my first post, sometimes a sect that has a temple asks for a fancier temple and then you upgrade the original one you had built for them.

Hopefully in the future they will have some kind of "requests" tab to make it easier to keep track of which temples and guildhalls your dwarves wanted from you.

It's not ideal, but if you have a temple to a sect and they request an upgraded one, viewing the details of the original temple will have a note about the value level you promised them. So you can look through each of your temples' details to see if the request you accepted was to upgrade an existing one. If not, it's probably to build a temple for the sect that you don't have a temple for that has the most followers :shrug:

e: The details found by opening the Zone menu, then clicking on the temple, then clicking on the icon with a magnifying glass. This game's UI is a mess in general but I'm sure it's no easy task

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Dec 13, 2022

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Does someone have a suggestion for still work orders? I thought I was being clever with mine and had plenty booze and then my tavern just suddenly got really busy and almost all my booze is gone, and I can't plant plump helmet spawn fast enough to replace it.

I've also checked the civilization screen, despite being near a huge number of human settlements, dark goblin pits and towers, I am only at war with a goblin pit 6 days to the north, and have never had any problem with them (yet?) - every other civ around me is 'no contact'
I haven't even had human or elven traders, only dwarves, and I didn't get any migrants for 3 or so waves.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I just had my first insane experience and it was incredible, writeup to follow.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Do animals in cages starve?

If they are grazers, yes.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Iymarra posted:

Does someone have a suggestion for still work orders? I thought I was being clever with mine and had plenty booze and then my tavern just suddenly got really busy and almost all my booze is gone, and I can't plant plump helmet spawn fast enough to replace it.

I've also checked the civilization screen, despite being near a huge number of human settlements, dark goblin pits and towers, I am only at war with a goblin pit 6 days to the north, and have never had any problem with them (yet?) - every other civ around me is 'no contact'
I haven't even had human or elven traders, only dwarves, and I didn't get any migrants for 3 or so waves.

Have you breached the caverns? Farming on cave soil is apparently way more efficient, and also there's loads of stuff to be gathered in the caves if you didn't embark on a zone with good surface gathering.

The Demilich posted:

I just had my first insane experience and it was incredible, writeup to follow.

Can't wait, I love Dwarftales.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I've got a situation where my dwarves can't move between my down-below levels and my surface level. It's confirmed to me by a trade wagon that says, "Broker can't access depot." I've checked literally every tile between the surface level depot and the workshop floor and there's nothing being blocked. What do I do?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I wish invaders needed to eat or drink. I remember one fort I made in classic where my dwarves were pacifists and caged every goblin that invaded, dumping them into special-made cells with beds and tables and statues and food/booze and such as honored guests. Plus it'd be nice if there were some consequence for leaving them in your animal stockpile for twenty years besides them getting a bit miffed about not being able to self-actualize.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Gosts posted:

I'm curious. What are the top three things you'd wanted added or fixed? Be realistic, no brand new mega-features.

i'm spoilering my answers because i want YOU to think about YOURS first, before you read mine, so i don't influence your mind.

1. Owned items becoming un-owned under certain circumstances. Old clothes, food dropped by soldiers.
2. trader depot not loving up and merchants not getting stuck at my base
3. not clicking EVERY BRICK when i want to place 70, but they just fixed that, so instead, maybe making it easier to select the same materials you have down, or something. like, in factorio, i can mouse over a building and press 'q', and then my cursor turns into 'place another one of this building'. would be very nice to be able to copy any material or object and place another one.

Any place that has a named thing, I should be able to click it to go to that thing.

Sorting in general is a headache but it feels like 9/10 times I wouldn't need to sort things if I could go to the thing from the dialogue I'm seeing it in, instead of needing to back out and find it in a different window althogether

I think any other major complaints like persistent logs already exist, they're just not exposed in the UI properly

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What's the best way to handle a visitor that loudly proclaims they're planning on stealing one of your artifacts?

I put a kill order on him, but that seemed to trigger a bunch of the visitors in my tavern to go hostile as well, probably because they were from the same faction.

Edit: Also, my game crashed when I clicked on new squad -> captain of the guard's squad -> metal armor.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Any place that has a named thing, I should be able to click it to go to that thing.

Sorting in general is a headache but it feels like 9/10 times I wouldn't need to sort things if I could go to the thing from the dialogue I'm seeing it in, instead of needing to back out and find it in a different window althogether

I think any other major complaints like persistent logs already exist, they're just not exposed in the UI properly

my current little annoyance is when you get an announcement that a noble has a new mandate, you can click in it to.. zoom to the place the noble was when the mandate was made. this is completely useless, of course, and you have to go into the nobles menu and find the noble who did a mandate to see what it was. no I don't care that it's basically the same amount of effort either way, clicking in the announcement should just take you to the nobles menu!