Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh I've been having a great time with brig, with the notable exception of her ult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I still have fun with her current playstyle but I miss being able to take an aggressive approach or strike fear of death into flankers. It is so annoying having 2 push abilities. I want to get on top of people.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

headcase posted:

I still have fun with her current playstyle but I miss being able to take an aggressive approach or strike fear of death into flankers. It is so annoying having 2 push abilities. I want to get on top of people.

They should make it a slow instead.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think the tanks being overtuned is a huge problem for brig. She was designed before in a way that you are supposed to be able to brawl on the front line if it comes down to it, albeit it being risky . When she gets pushed, she holds ground to some extent.

Now, with the tank changes, they basically just crush her like an ant. Even ones like rein now are in a place where you just can't really seem to get them away from you and can't really go toe to toe with them even for more than 2 seconds. It's nice that her bash can still stun charging rein/punching doom, but maybe it should be changed so that she doesn't also eat the downtime.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 12, 2022

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Yeah as Rein brigs not even a speedbump anymore I just mow her down while left clicking through the team without a second thought. As a tank player the most impactful healer will always be Ana a good one with sleeps/nade will gently caress me all day long. To a lesser extent Kiriko because her invuln can screw with my charges and I find that annoying.

Speaking of playing Rein Blizzard World is great with the dash cancel, I played a team right after the cart spawned on defense and I must of shoved 10+ of them into that bay, never once did they Orisa or anything to stop me.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They should replace Brig's flail with a fuzzy duster for all the good it helps her 1on1.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

IMO playing brig into rein is super difficult but as long as he doesn't have a Lucio you can use your boops to keep him away.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

It's crazy how much various content creators are melting down about this season.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's crazy how much various content creators are melting down about this season.

Good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

BabyRyoga posted:

Played for like 90 min tonight. Ay, Sym is definitely back.

.. I lost all but one of these games. For reasons ranging from "why does one of the healers have 2k healed 5 minutes into the game" to "How did you guys lose a 4v2 after I killed 3".

Who wants to take bets on how long before nerfs come in again?

Man this is no joke. I haven't played Sym since OW1 early days and even then it was as "okay this match has gone to hell time to just gently caress around."

I'm just rolling over people basically using a character I barely know how to play. Like reading the patch notes it sounds like she was mostly nerfed but I played the character a few times then and it didn't feel like I was rolling like this.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Crazy how, though? The game is pretty much unplayable right now.

You can login and queue for a game, but it's really just a sandbox to dick around in. You can't actually play Overwatch.

It's good that the content creators are beating it down a peg, because maybe (probably not) good things will come as a result. It would be even better if non-OW centric content creators chimed in with their negative experiences.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Brig counterpoint: She was far to good for like, 15 seasons or whatever and her being poo poo for a couple seasons is deserved :colbert:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

Crazy how, though? The game is pretty much unplayable right now.

Crazy in that they're going full sicko mode instead of a more measured "this pays my bills so I have to hedge my bets" kind of way, I'm very much here for it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://kotaku.com/2022-gaming-elon-musk-twitter-microsoft-overwatch-2-1849865844/slides/12

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wow, 12 out of 14? Game must be pretty good :D

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Crazy in that they're going full sicko mode instead of a more measured "this pays my bills so I have to hedge my bets" kind of way, I'm very much here for it.

Like Flats is one of the chillest dudes streaming OW2 and he had a bit of a rant just yesterday. A measured rant but highly, highly on point. And while his issues don't really impinge on the majority of the player base in terms of the high level balance, they kind of do in general.

Matchmaking is absolutely ham-handedly busted in comp, let alone quick play. I know people go :rolleyes: It's quickplay dumbass, but it's the way that most of the casual players that Blizzard wants to keep and monetise interact with the game. And it's deeply unhealthy at the moment. However they've balanced it makes it super streaky. I have literally had the full game report history full of grey DEFEAT and then a string of seven or eight green VICTORY tags. And a vanishingly small number of those games were fun, engaging matches. They were like a football team kicking toddlers to one end of the map. Sometimes you're the footballer, sometimes you're the toddler. And it's largely outside of your control.

Just play better and you can swing a game! Well, yes, you can, but you'd have to be so much better than everyone else in the lobby when you're on DPS or heals and your tank literally has 2 - 23 by the end of the match and your whole team is ignoring chat and trickling solo in different directions into the blender. Or you're on tank and your healers both have sub 1K heals and one of them is playing Kiriko and never suzus anyone but themselves and your other one is a Moira who has never been anywhere but way, way in front of you and everything that has come out of her all match has been purple.

Skill is very largely irrelevant in the face of most of these matches. It's incredibly weird and I don't think it can be working as intended.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Isn't Flats exactly one of the people who wanted a """"""higher skilled""""" game? Well this is it. Have fun with it. I'm a support player who went back to R6 Siege because I don't know how to aim I guess, apparently I'm a stupid Mercy picking baby that needs to be deleted from the game.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Isn't Flats exactly one of the people who wanted a """"""higher skilled""""" game? Well this is it. Have fun with it. I'm a support player who went back to R6 Siege because I don't know how to aim I guess, apparently I'm a stupid Mercy picking baby that needs to be deleted from the game.

thank you.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Flat's main complaint is that Hog is too powerful and he's not wrong. Hook is an easy one-shot, his vape gives insane heal and damage reduction, and Kiriko can remove anti and sleep, which are his biggest counters.

However he also thought supports were being whiny babies that should Get Good when they complained about constantly being dived, it's only lately he's grudgingly conceded that MAYBE they MIGHT have had a SMALL point (but also Tanks are the real victims here)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hot take: the game should not have unavoidable instant-kills outside of ults.
Let's alone ones on 8 second cooldown that barely have to be aimed.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

You should be able to parry hog’s hook with your melee. Also put hog hook on a 45 second cooldown. Also make its hitbox super tiny. Also reduce its range to like 5 meters.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

I like frogger

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
How come when I... I mean...other bad players...I mean players that aren't me that are bad, unlike me, who is good...that when they do the hook and shoot the shotgun the other guy lives still even if it's like Soldier Seven Six?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
You do hook, shotgun, melee. Make sure you are moving towards them for max damage.

It will kill any champ with 250hp or under.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Rick posted:

How come when I... I mean...other bad players...I mean players that aren't me that are bad, unlike me, who is good...that when they do the hook and shoot the shotgun the other guy lives still even if it's like Soldier Seven Six?

Go to training mode and practice hooking different heroes. Sojourn in particular is one where you have to aim downward more than you'd think

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I've always tried to do right click hook shot melee to be sure. The right click helps you line up the hook, too.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
My personal bad habit is cancelling my own reload, and I can tell when the enemy does it, too.

Always hammer the duck button or whatever defensive button available if hooked. Hog's still gonna have priority here, but bad odds are better than no odds.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Back to Diamond support after over a year off :smuggo:

Learning Lucio has been insanely fun. It's amazing how much you can pick out small parts of a fight to influence. There have been matches where I've redirected literally every Rein charge to a shittier location with one well-placed boop

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/Spex_J/status/1602463362906034176

hey that's pretty cool

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/aaronkellerOW/status/1602464071961362432

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They should unfix Tracer because the no falloff was the only way I could play the character.

I wonder what the Ramattra change will be? The thing I am having trouble with is how short the shield lasts and how long the cooldown is. . Well and also I'm instantly murdered whenever I do the ult but that is probably on me.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I also kind of hate how small the shield feels and how you place it like a mei wall. Just an awful piece of kit imo.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

lol hanzo's trampoline arms are going to be a thing all season aren't they

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Rick posted:

I wonder what the Ramattra change will be? The thing I am having trouble with is how short the shield lasts and how long the cooldown is. . Well and also I'm instantly murdered whenever I do the ult but that is probably on me.

Ramattra isn't bad, he just doesn't play as advertised. I've had a fair bit of success with just hugging a corner, saving shield for when the opponents are pressuring, and saving nemesis form for when they actually make a big push. If we're the ones pushing in its almost better to stick in his default form and try to focus down their squishies with his deceptively high dps. Because the real power of nemesis form isn't the punch; although that can be a nice finisher on things, I find it's better to use opportunistically if shield is up or they're in a nice line - it's the insane damage reduction on block. As long as they're all in front of you you can't die if you have a single support looking at you now and then.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Doomfist nerf incoming

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Would be nice if the boosted Junker Queen while they're at it. They should do away with her entire gameplay loop if they're so afraid of multi-hit bleed attacks being crushingly overpowered and find another gimmick for her. Oh no, a skillshot right click that's harder to to hit than Roadhog's instant death hook and an E with a huge windup that slows you down that causes an enemy to bleed for like two seconds, whatever shall people do. I hope the healers never heal that negligible damage.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

SadisTech posted:

Ramattra isn't bad, he just doesn't play as advertised. I've had a fair bit of success with just hugging a corner, saving shield for when the opponents are pressuring, and saving nemesis form for when they actually make a big push. If we're the ones pushing in its almost better to stick in his default form and try to focus down their squishies with his deceptively high dps. Because the real power of nemesis form isn't the punch; although that can be a nice finisher on things, I find it's better to use opportunistically if shield is up or they're in a nice line - it's the insane damage reduction on block. As long as they're all in front of you you can't die if you have a single support looking at you now and then.

I've definitely had some success in truck defenses using this sort of strategy, mainly DPS and in corners to people that aren't used yet to hiding from the beam, and then going punchy once the line is broken to stop the push.

But yeah I mess the ult up by trying to use it as a solo bailout button which really isn't a great use for any ult most of the time.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I think JQ is actually pretty alright with the regen buff and ult charge buff; it adds up when you dot multiple characters. I do wish her knife throw were more rewarding on hit, but it does the same damage as a shotgun meatshot plus the bleed and pull so it's not TERRIBLE.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Rick posted:

They should unfix Tracer because the no falloff was the only way I could play the character.

I'm betting it will be his range and probably damage falloff on the left click and his goro mode punch range. If you walk forwards while shooting, it seems like his projectiles pile in harder like a compression wave. If I stand still, it seems to tick away like normal.

If the tank isn't around you can absolutely punch the DPS and Support to death, especially if you have your ult up.

Lshift>ult>Lshift and get in everyone's face and punch everything. Everyone underestimates/mis judges his punch range, and you can just poo poo on everyone. I had an open queue match where Doomfist would punch people into my melee range from behind, and I would just flatten them. It was awesome.

His slow sucks rear end for flyers, but it's great for keeping people in punch range. He's very intimidating visually, and people tend to back up when pushed regardless of character. He's way more fun than I thought he'd be.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Dec 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

SadisTech posted:

Like Flats is one of the chillest dudes streaming OW2 and he had a bit of a rant just yesterday.

Is he really that chill? I remember catching some youtube videos from his where he spectates bronze players and he just seems like a mean rear end in a top hat yelling at this monitor

Is he just a content creator for sf shock or something like that?