Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Someone pointed it out earlier but Elmo definitely has that complex some awkward edgelord nerds get where he thinks he is HILARIOUS because he's so edgy, and everyone needs to acknowledge it.

Like that's his entire schtick. Because he has zero self awareness he doesn't realize he is the biggest loving tool of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602572738669215744?cxt=HHwWgIDU8cfavb0sAAAA

What the gently caress does this even mean

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Some poo poo about his brain chip thing I assume.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Gonna mine btc with your brains

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

he peepee get hard

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1602469871022854144

quote:

From 5:35 AM to 6:45 AM PT on Sunday, Twitter shut down access to the primary telecom providers in India and Russia, as well as the second biggest telecom company in Indonesia, Platformer has learned.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 13, 2022

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
Nono, he fixed the bot problem you see. This is working as intended.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Nono, he fixed the bot problem you see. This is working as intended.

I'd love to see a "likes on Musk tweets"/minute graph on that period compared to an hour before and after.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I can't get over how much funnier and somehow, better at looking like Elon Musk, that actual Elon Musk, this chinese guy is.

https://i.imgur.com/6IM326R.mp4

ottergauze
Dec 11, 2022

God he tries so hard to sound smart. And his “audience” laps it up every time.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/norwaymfa/status/1602607828266618888?s=46&t=3-AqqM8TsnpZpUrEzg0XnQ

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Gonna have to send a wellness check to ian miles chong

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

gay picnic defence posted:

Some poo poo about his brain chip thing I assume.

The pile of tortured, dead monkeys is catching up with the e-waste generated by Musk’s other endeavors.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If their plan for "solving" the bot problem is just blocking whole chunks of IP address space, that is some pathetic poo poo.

Elon probably came up with it himself.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bottom Liner posted:

follow the rabbit -> take the red pill, both references to The Matrix used by qanons, chuds, and incels, etc.

elon is just a chud incel and posting the stuff they were posting 4-5 years ago

Meanwhile Lewis Carroll all like .... "you know what, you can have it"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably just that the number of CPUs in the world is growing faster than the number of humans. Which is so banal it's almost an anti-take.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

Probably just that the number of CPUs in the world is growing faster than the number of humans. Which is so banal it's almost an anti-take.

Makes u think compute

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Pookah posted:

I can't get over how much funnier and somehow, better at looking like Elon Musk, that actual Elon Musk, this chinese guy is.

https://i.imgur.com/6IM326R.mp4

Yilong Ma is actually cool

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
Just look at this over-engineered piece of poo poo. Elmund could never in a million years make something so cool.
https://twitter.com/TansuYegen/status/1602328281168154624?s=20&t=XuKb9HBo9o8jV_WmIH2PSA

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
https://twitter.com/Forever_Wario/status/1602343973170839553?t=8r9AzOvN5z-T-MrpQjCiRA&s=19

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

A farting mink posted:

Just look at this over-engineered piece of poo poo. Elmund could never in a million years make something so cool.
https://twitter.com/TansuYegen/status/1602328281168154624?s=20&t=XuKb9HBo9o8jV_WmIH2PSA

It didn’t even catch on fire and everything.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

A farting mink posted:

"And this shows all the amazing features that our engineers believe will never be seen on the road on any vehicle ever."

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

A farting mink posted:

At first I thought this was going to be dumb, but that stupid thing is admittedly cool as gently caress and Elon could never even build a prototype that interesting.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Standard concept car stuff.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Mercedes realized just how much loyalty a worthless poo poo like elon got with minor tech baubles, and wants a cut of that pie.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The adaptive rear wing scales are cool. The controller is a joystick but worse, but then it's presumably only meant for minor adjustments while the self driving would do the rest. The lights are excessive and distracting imo.

Looks pretty though.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Is this something a VPN would get around? Because if so, I have to assume anyone capable of setting up bots knows what a VPN is and the only thing this accomplishes is banning non-bots who aren't that tech savvy.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Gonna mine btc with your brains

The only thing my brain mines is the original Dawn of the Dead on a loop 24/7.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

A farting mink posted:

That looks like one of those frogs carrying tadpoles in its back, or the infamous photoshop of the lotus pod boob.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
So for leftist media organisations and politicians/public figures, when does it become unacceptably unprincipled to stay on Twitter? Does the good of broadcasting leftwing ideals to a wider audience outweigh the bad of supplying content and revenue-generating impressions for a billionaire on the far-right?

I left Twitter a few weeks ago. 10/10 decision, would leave again - but I am needing to put more effort into maintaining a diet of leftwing content and analysis. I suspect that some people would, quite understandably, not make this effort.

weird guy
Jul 19, 2022

by Azathoth

A farting mink posted:

This looks and drives like poo poo.

Cars are so stupid lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Guys I heard Melon Musk is a modern day Tony Stark, but I don’t recall - in which comic does Tony spend half his fortune to buy a cursed social network and then begs the Red Skull to please come post. Also Ironman reveals himself to be racist? And pays some black comedian to help with PR. Was that a Dan Slott run?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Halisnacks posted:

So for leftist media organisations and politicians/public figures, when does it become unacceptably unprincipled to stay on Twitter? Does the good of broadcasting leftwing ideals to a wider audience outweigh the bad of supplying content and revenue-generating impressions for a billionaire on the far-right?

I left Twitter a few weeks ago. 10/10 decision, would leave again - but I am needing to put more effort into maintaining a diet of leftwing content and analysis. I suspect that some people would, quite understandably, not make this effort.

Something I posted in another thread:

Don't leave, make them ban you. Then appeal it. We are far past the point where account numbers or advertiser angst is going to have any effect, it's not a publicly-traded company any more - there's no shareholders or board of directors to reign Elon in.

Making them ban you makes just a little more work for the moderation team and costs Elon money.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

goatface posted:

The adaptive rear wing scales are cool.

Until you have to jet wash all the leaves and birdshit out of them, at least.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

other than activity being local daytime work hours, dont most troll farms use bot networks OUTISIDE their countries or vpn networks paid with "lol this is a tiny drop for a nationstate budget"

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

god please help me posted:

Mercedes realized just how much loyalty a worthless poo poo like elon got with minor tech baubles, and wants a cut of that pie.

The difference is that they freely admit that it's all bullshit that will never come to market. They made the stupidest, coolest car they could come up with to promote Avatar 2 of all things.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

We are far past the point where account numbers or advertiser angst is going to have any effect, it's not a publicly-traded company any more - there's no shareholders or board of directors to reign Elon in.

Making them ban you makes just a little more work for the moderation team and costs Elon money.

We are past the point where those figures have an indirect effect on the price of publicly-traded shares, but they do have a more direct effect on revenue. Content —> Engagement —> Revenue. Even if you are posting good content, you are giving your followers more reasons to keep using the platform, and increasing the number of impressions Elon can sell to brands.

So Bernie or AOC or Corbyn or Jacobin or Novara Media are helping prop up a far-right billionaire’s business with each post they make. I think all those people/outlets are thoughtful enough that they recognise this is a bit of a Faustian bargain and they are concluding that for now, the reach and positive influence they can have on the platform outweighs the evil of helping make Elon richer (or, less poor, in the case of his investment in Twitter). But surely there is a line that the CEO of a company can cross before it’s too offensive to your principles that you can support their venture; after the “Prosecute/Fauci” thing I’m just wondering where that line is.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
can I suggest we also stop posting direct links to Musk's birdshits and just post screencaps or copypaste puretext posts?

again screencap your enemies, repost your pals. making bad pages get less page visits and metrics is good.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Yes I loving *know*

Goondolances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I like that musk GOT RID OF THE BOTS which were flooding his replies with like 'wow musk you're so smart' and now the comments on every tweet are just dunking on him