Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sankara posted:

Death Knight is loving hilariously broken. Just like. Wow. They don't even try to hide it anymore. Yeah, they're all OP! Deal!

The class with the second lowest win rate in the game right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Assuming they are talking about in Arena, as that makes the most sense in context

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
What context? That poster just drive by shitposts twice in this thread going ‘Wow! Game bad, huh?’ :shepface:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Theres probably a lot of room for improvement in decks so it has plenty of room to become good but compared to demon hunter launch i think theyve done a lot better

kater
Nov 16, 2010

My only real complaint with DKs is how kinda dead in the water copy effects are with spend corpse cards, but I’m also mixed feelings on that because holy gently caress poo poo has gotten annoying.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

It's pretty dumb how dks just fill their decks with discover cards (scorpid, vulpera, schoolteacher etc) because their spells are all generally so powerful they may as well duplicate them and attach bodies

BBB XL DK commits the cardinal sin of being boring as well as bad, you are still losing to ramp druid no matter what, having 100 life total and near-infinite removal doesn't matter

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Beasteh posted:

It's pretty dumb how dks just fill their decks with discover cards (scorpid, vulpera, schoolteacher etc) because their spells are all generally so powerful they may as well duplicate them and attach bodies

BBB XL DK commits the cardinal sin of being boring as well as bad, you are still losing to ramp druid no matter what, having 100 life total and near-infinite removal doesn't matter

there's no card in this game I want dead more than renethal

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
It's funny how Corpse Explosion does almost nothing against an Infectious Ghoul board if you ping one of them. I was trying out Ghostly Strike in DR Rogue and immediately faced two blood DKs who couldn't do anything

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I saw a Korean player with a Highlander Reno XL blood DK and it *still* ran double vampiric blood

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Luff posted:

It's funny how Corpse Explosion does almost nothing against an Infectious Ghoul board if you ping one of them. I was trying out Ghostly Strike in DR Rogue and immediately faced two blood DKs who couldn't do anything

Yeah DR Rogue is almost an auto win against non aggro DK.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Triple blood rules

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Triple blood rules

List?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Be advised the 5/5 8 mana board clear does not trigger death rattles.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So now that the dust has settled, is Renathal a good card after all?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

No Wave posted:

How much do you like Wild Reno decks? If you're big into Wild Reno it's spectacular. Slots into all 11 classes with ease.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

No Wave posted:

Honestly it's a great addition to the game I think.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

No Wave posted:

No, but it's not terrible either. At least at Diamond+ level. Ramp Druid's overall busted-ness really pulls Renathal's win% up.

Below that, yes it's good because players don't play tight enough to just deal with the extra 10 hp of their opponents.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Real reply, it's very good, but also very situational. Sometimes you just don't need those extra 9 cards + Renathal.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Here's what I'm running right now... probably pretty standard as far as these decks go.

### All Blood
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Heart Strike
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Hematurge
# 2x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 2x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 2x (4) Death Strike
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Blood Boil
# 2x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 1x (5) Deathbringer Saurfang
# 2x (6) Corrupted Ashbringer
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 2x (8) Soulstealer
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAfHhBAqm7wPp0ASY1AS42QSJ5gS05gSX7wSk7wSE9gTipAUPlugDlrcE9OME/OME/eMEieQElOQEleQEj+0Eh/YEs/cEtvoEq4AFopkFl6QFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

kater
Nov 16, 2010

And umm what would you say this triple blood is good against?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Wanted to drop in to say that wild Discard Warlock is disgustingly powerful.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

kater posted:

It's pretty much no-sells any aggro deck and does well against midrange

Gets bodied by ramp druid and deathrattle priest + most combo DH decks

PS I'd never run Denathrius in blood now, you'll juice him up to like 11 or 12 max which is basically do nothing

I'd also run a couple of smothering starfish since deathrattle rogue is popular right now

Also corpse explosion sucks, you have more than enough removal already and can't generate enough corpses to make it worth playing one let alone two

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 13, 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Beasteh posted:

It's pretty much no-sells any aggro deck and does well against midrange

Gets bodied by ramp druid and deathrattle priest + most combo DH decks

PS I'd never run Denathrius in blood now, you'll juice him up to like 11 or 12 max which is basically do nothing

I'd also run a couple of smothering starfish since deathrattle rogue is popular right now

Also corpse explosion sucks, you have more than enough removal already and can't generate enough corpses to make it worth playing one let alone two

Reasonable suggestions! I'm on the fence about Denathrius. Sometimes just doing a bit of damage and healing for 10-15 can help in close games. And Corpse Explosion has done me well for the mirror, and honestly I'm usually sitting on tons of corpses so I've never struggled to clear the board.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

kater posted:

Wild players in low ranks.

I literally jammed every blood card I had into a deck for the quests, went 0-3 in Standard.
The next day I realized I could play it in Wild instead, and I needed to lower my MMR in wild anyways because of the broken warlock deck....promptly went 3-0

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Can AI solve the balance issues???

Write a powerful hearthstone card to beat control decks

Here is a potential powerful Hearthstone card that could potentially beat control decks:

"Temporal Shift"

Class: Mage

Rarity: Legendary

Cost: 10

Card Text:

Choose a friendly minion. It gains "Deathrattle: Return this minion to the battlefield with all of its original stats and abilities."

Cast "Temporal Shift" again to activate the Deathrattle.

Flavor Text:

"Time is a precious resource - use it wisely." - Archmage Antonidas

This card would allow a Mage player to effectively have two copies of a powerful minion on the battlefield at once, potentially overwhelming a control deck's ability to deal with threats. Additionally, since the copied minion would retain its original stats and abilities, it would not be affected by any spells or effects that may have been used on the original minion. This could make it difficult for a control deck to deal with the two copies of the powerful minion.

Write a warrior hearthstone card that brings the class out of the dumpster fire

Here is a potential powerful Warrior card that could help bring the class out of the dumpster fire in Hearthstone:

"Berserker's Call"

Class: Warrior

Rarity: Epic

Cost: 8

Card Text:

Summon a random minion from your hand, deck, and battleground. Give them +1/+1 for each other friendly minion on the battlefield.

Flavor Text:

"For the glory of the Horde!" - Saurfang the Younger

This card would give Warrior players access to a powerful board-wide buff that could help them quickly establish a strong presence on the battlefield. By summoning a random minion from each of the player's sources, it would allow the Warrior player to potentially gain a significant advantage in terms of board presence, especially if they have multiple copies of powerful minions in their hand, deck, and battleground. The added bonus of giving all friendly minions +1/+1 for each other friendly minion on the battlefield would further enhance their board strength, allowing them to potentially overwhelm control decks and emerge victorious.

Write a hearthstone card for standard that features murlocs using shadow magic to aggressively take the board early

Here is a potential powerful Hearthstone card that features Murlocs using shadow magic to aggressively take the board early:

"Shadowfin Swarm"

Class: Neutral

Rarity: Rare

Cost: 4

Card Text:

Summon two 1/1 Murlocs with Stealth.

After a friendly Murloc attacks, give all other friendly Murlocs +1/+1.

Flavor Text:

"The murlocs have embraced the powers of the shadows, and they will stop at nothing to claim victory on the battlefield."

This card would allow players to quickly establish a strong presence on the board with stealthy Murlocs, making it difficult for opponents to deal with them effectively. Additionally, the added bonus of giving all other friendly Murlocs +1/+1 after a friendly Murloc attacks would allow players to quickly grow their Murlocs into a formidable force that can overwhelm opponents. This card would work well in a Murloc-themed deck, and could potentially be a strong choice for players looking to aggressively take control of the board in the early game.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Looks like they're revamping Signature cards, and giving a free Legendary for people with the duplicate Rommath/Lor'themar situation:
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1602381519128907776?t=EaCV7i8DPAdFelFTf3yB-g&s=19

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

victorious posted:

Looks like they're revamping Signature cards, and giving a free Legendary for people with the duplicate Rommath/Lor'themar situation:
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1602381519128907776?t=EaCV7i8DPAdFelFTf3yB-g&s=19

It's pretty funny because Magic the Gathering did the exact same thing early this year and people hated it, then, and didn't buy it.

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 13, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Joink posted:

Can AI solve the balance issues???

I don't know where this came from but no, no AI cannot solve HS balance issues lol

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Yestermoment posted:

Wanted to drop in to say that wild Discard Warlock is disgustingly powerful.

It's magnificent and some card is going to have to eat a nerf. (Probably Tome Tampering, that card enables a lot of Dumb Warlock Things; maybe Malchezaar's Imp.)

I've taken to running a couple of suffocating shadows to remind big priest to get hosed.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 13, 2022

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

victorious posted:

Launching Signature cards with the Lich King set and having all the signature cards consequently look like garbage was maybe not the best idea ever. 'Oh boy another blue and grey blob to drop down on my board. How exciting.'

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

NorgLyle posted:

Launching Signature cards with the Lich King set and having all the signature cards consequently look like garbage was maybe not the best idea ever. 'Oh boy another blue and grey blob to drop down on my board. How exciting.'
The tone of that post was so apologetic/conciliatory. Signatures must have really flopped.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don’t know if they ever clarified before this that the reason signature cards look so dark and drab is because they’re matching the death knight aesthetic… most people I’ve seen thought that’s just how signature cards were always going to look

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don’t know if they ever clarified before this that the reason signature cards look so dark and drab is because they’re matching the death knight aesthetic… most people I’ve seen thought that’s just how signature cards were always going to look
They said it at launch. But it's fair to think their plan was for future signatures to be monochromatic with some other tone. And regardless of what happens in future sets these look terrible.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

They mentioned it exactly

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852695/announcing-march-of-the-lich-king-hearthstone-s-next-expansion posted:

For March of the Lich King, the Signature cards will all feature an icy sepia style, evoking the Lich King’s powers over Frost and the Undead. The art style of Signature cards within each expansion will match their respective expansion’s style and the card frame for future Signature cards might also change from time to time. That means Signature cards from future sets will look different from these ones, to evoke different tones and styles.

The design still sucked. It took like seconds for the community to create concept art that still had that feel but looked way better.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Toshimo posted:

It's pretty funny because Magic the Gathering did the exact same thing early this year and people hated it, then, and didn't buy it.

I'd compare it more to when Amonkhet had really illegible alternate-art cards that everyone hated, and then WotC just kept making them because they really wanted even-more-special cards and they knew people would just get used to having a dozen alternate-art cards after a few sets.

Hearthstone doesn't have the same secondary market encouraging them to make things like signature cards, but they want shiny things for people to either chase or be given as event rewards enough to just keep trying with better art styles until it seems normal.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Deathrattle Rogue seems like the new hotness, and goodness it's effective at shutting down Blood DKs:

### Deathrattle Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 2x (2) Forsaken Lieutenant
# 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
# 2x (3) Sketchy Information
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 1x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Scourge Illusionist
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 2x (5) Infectious Ghoul
# 1x (8) Invincible
# 2x (8) Smokescreen
#
AAECAaIHAo30A9+iBQ716APT8wO9gAT3nwT8pQT9rAS3swTVtgSJ0gTj0wT03QT13QShkwW4mAUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

You want to try and get Scourge Illusionist to make you a 4-mana Invincible, and you can get a few extra shots at that with Sketchy Information (Scourge Illusionist is the only minion in the deck that spell will find). So ideally you'd want to mulligan away any Illusionists in your opening hand so you can find them with Sketchy Information, because if there are none left in the deck that spell is just a dead card.

Doesn't seem super effective against most other archetypes, although I've heard some Priest players saying it works well against what they're doing.

This is a super disgusting deck, I'm 12-1 with it in Diamond and getting friend requests after every game to yell at me.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Yea I've been playing/watching DR Rogue too, it's still being refined, but goddamn does it lose hard to Priest

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Anyone have a decklist for aggro pally? Or where I can find one?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Mayveena posted:

Anyone have a decklist for aggro pally? Or where I can find one?

Yea, Hunterace's aggro pure paladin that was brought to the solary invitational last weekend

### Pure Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 2x (2) Battle Vicar
# 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
# 1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
# 2x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Seal of Blood
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
# 2x (4) Buffet Biggun
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (4) Invigorating Sermon
# 1x (6) Blood Crusader
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (9) Lightray
#
AAECAZ8FBJHsA4biBKHiBLuXBQ3M6wPn7APw9gPJoAT5pATQrATi0wS/4gTA4gTM4gTy7QSBlgWDlgUA
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/qo272hqK1prLup2Xn74fph/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

AnacondaHL posted:

Yea I've been playing/watching DR Rogue too, it's still being refined, but goddamn does it lose hard to Priest

I thought for a minute it was really op but it cam be countered, I think people just didn't know what to do against it.