Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

EasyEW posted:

The Funky Winkerbean Farewell Tour

:china:

A real hack resolution, as evidenced by this being the fourth goddamn time he's pulled this on us. Twice this year alone.

On the plus side, there's only three weeks now. Surely this will be the last we've heard of the distant future Funkyverse. There's no possible way Batiuk could come back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I love Stirling

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Huh. They loaded. No idea if you did something different in response to my comment or if it's just a random coincidence.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

I am already considerably more invested in this very mundane conflict than any of the bombastic crap that's been going on over the last several months.

Drimble Wedge posted:

Scary Gary - click :drac: for alt host

:drac:

Awww I wanna take him home too.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (January 09, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

EasyEW posted:

Toonerville Folks (May 17-19, 1920)

What's so terrible about that? The baby's having a blast.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Hey thread – I was off for a couple days because I was traveling for work, and on the flight back I picked up the ‘Rona, whee! It’s not so bad, hopefully on account of all my boosters, but low-grade fever and being tired all the time has been bad for motivation. :) But I'm doing ok and will have a lot of free time this coming week, heh.

The Antique Dealer’s Tale

Cthulhu and Girl

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

How about gently caress you, *no* steps, no putting up with this persons bullshit at all?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

On the plus side, there's only three weeks now. Surely this will be the last we've heard of the distant future Funkyverse. There's no possible way Batiuk could come back to it.

Even if he does, we're calling it at the end of whatever giga-arc this is wrapping up.

So, what are we replacing it with? I'm thinking maybe we do Doonesbury from zero.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

Even if he does, we're calling it at the end of whatever giga-arc this is wrapping up.

So, what are we replacing it with? I'm thinking maybe we do Doonesbury from zero.

Oh, EasyEW already has enough on their plate without having to add another comic. Although I would like to see Doonesbury from zero. I don't think it's ever been featured in any iteration of this thread, even when new ones were still being made. What might have seemed too political for a theoretically non-partisan thread ten years ago really isn't anymore. Just a friendly idea for the new year's thread, everyone.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 12/12/02

Brenda Starr 1/1/50

Smokey Stover 9/23/51

Everyday Movies 11/15/35

"Oh, no, sir, that new Planetarium at the Museum can't compete with me. I got GENUINE stars."

The Hayden Planetarium at the Museum of Natural History (now part of the Rose Center for Earth and Space) was indeed brand new in 1935. And that's a pretty huge telescope for a sidewalk astronomer!

Bonus dance tip!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

Oh, EasyEW already has enough on their plate without having to add another comic. Although I would like to see Doonesbury from zero. I don't think it's ever been featured in any iteration of this thread, even when new ones were still being made. What might have seemed too political for a theoretically non-partisan thread ten years ago really isn't anymore. Just a friendly idea for the new year's thread, everyone.

I think CK has Doonesbury from zero so if someone sends me their script for dumping images from CK I will consider it.

I've spent enough years reading and commenting on this thread without posting any comics so despite not having really any connection to Doonesbury I'd be probably willing to pick it up for at least the next iteration of the thread. All the comics I have any sort of connection to aren't published in newspapers or by syndicates so I won't post 'em here.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Green Intern posted:

Comic Strips 2022: Girls Are People!

:haw:

Vintage Valiant (Sep. 26, 1954)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Alt

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Diane rules

manero posted:

Nancy 1947

Alt

look, I'm just saying, seeing that snowman's arms, we can't rule out that it's NOT a child in there.

Also come back Mister Beeg, I need more Moose and Tommy!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I think the reason we never posted Doonsbury in here was that it gets posted in the Political Cartoons thread, but
A: I don't know if it still does.
B: We still post Spider-Man and it has its own thread.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Yeah man, that hip new trend of... being barefoot in your own home. You see that all the... Billingsley what the gently caress are you talking about old man

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I still think she's faking it at this point, but lol at grabbing someone's arm that's in a sling

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Professor Wayne posted:

I still think she's faking it at this point, but lol at grabbing someone's arm that's in a sling

Nah people do this and it loving sucks

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Green Intern posted:

Comic Strips 2022: Girls Are People!

:haw:

I really like all the stories where Arn bumbles into trouble. Diane's great.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

Alt

The Family Circus

Alt

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vargo posted:

Yeah man, that hip new trend of... being barefoot in your own home. You see that all the... Billingsley what the gently caress are you talking about old man

Curtis's dad and his perfectly normal search history

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail is down again today.

Popcom

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (February 4, 1935)

Peanuts (December 17, 1975)

The Funky Winkerbean Farewell Tour, in which Summer pauses her stroll in the snow to take a Dinkle.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (July 14, 1939)

Olive & Popeye (Shadia's day on)

Out Our Way (July 25-27, 1940)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

how will they track gusses now??

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: Take-Over

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Endless Mike posted:

Nah people do this and it loving sucks

Yeah, a few years back I went to a Christmas party a week after shoulder surgery and someone pulled that move. The pain was so sudden that I almost fell down. The guy apologized, but another guy said I should have expected it when I left the house. People suck.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Vargo posted:

Curtis

For what it's worth, my father (Silent generation, born 1933) never went barefoot except at the beach. Never wore a T-shirt either, though occasionally, when ill, he'd wear an undershirt beneath his bathrobe.

My mother, on the other hand, proudly wore a T-shirt with a mugging cartoon donkey surrounded by the phrase, "Good rear end is Hard To Find"

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Funny Online Institutionalized Medical Shaming

Of Apprentices And Union Labor

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Mara Llave

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Dec 27, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Sep 11-12, 1992)

Big Nate

Looking forward to a week of bad outfits followed by no change to the status quo.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Out Our Way At Christmas (December 17, 19, 21, 24-25, 1923)

Our Boarding House, featuring some very eager Egyptologists. (March 5-7, 1923)

Sadly, I must shortchange you again tonight, but just so I don't skip the same ones each time, here's an installment of Dok's "Dr. Scholl's Mountaineering Sandals" Duck (June 24, 1914)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This whole Mary Worth storyline is just a worse version of that one episode of Frasier where he dates a woman who looks like his mother and doesn’t realize it until the end.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way At Christmas (December 17, 19, 21, 24-25, 1923)

My uncle used to be a forester, and the way Washington Christmas tree harvesting permits worked back in the 80s was that when you got one it was assigned a specific area, to keep everyone from harvesting at the same place. About five years ago (not that he was keeping some deathbed secret, that's just the first time it came up) he revealed that after getting his permit for the year he'd scout out the area, finding a tree away from the road. Then when he went past there for work he'd stop with his tools and do a little bit of pruning to turn a good tree into a great one. Eventually he'd go out there with my cousins for the official trip, and with a little bit of steering the kids would "discover" the perfect Christmas tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

That's such a wholesome secret. :3: