Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Bill Snyder will live another 15 years and coach KSU for another 5 seasons somewhere in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Henchman of Santa posted:

Mike Leach will not be seeing heaven (nor will pretty much any football coach) but the sport is less entertaining without him. Harrell2Crabtree to beat Texas is one of my favorite college football games as a neutral observer.

HE DREAMED IT IN HIS HEAD!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

5 yard penalty, replay down

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

dirty shrimp money posted:

In non Mike Leach news, Grayson McCall hit the transfer portal. Only arguably the best player in the Group of 5.

Early speculation lands him at Auburn.

Well that'd unfortunate. I see one of the other names mentioned as an early rumour is reuniting at Liberty with Chadwell. That would be grim, good things shouldn't be allowed at Liberty

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Gonz posted:

Technically, The Rock was the first civilian to know about that. It was just relayed to Cena, possibly from The Rock.

Look, at the time, there was no better person to be the first to publicly announce it to the American People.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yeah me too. This is pretty much exactly what happened with my dad a few years ago. That 10-15 minutes before Leach received medical attention after he had his heart attack that was thrown out there to means he is likely brain dead and they are just waiting for his body to give up. It's really one of the worst things anybody should ever have to deal with and my heart goes out to his friends and family.

My Dad, too. He was the same age as Leach and it was this time of year as well.

On top of that, we went to a bunch of (post-Mumme/Leach) Valdosta State games. The Air Raid had grown from being Mumme's gimmick to VSU's full-fledged thing. The coach who came after Mumme didn't do Air Raid and people were upset to the point that VSU made it priority to get Chris Hatcher off Mumme's staff. After Mumme was canned at Kentucky, they'd gotten Dusty Bonner back home as a transfer and he absolutely lit it up.

Crazy enough today, Georgia Tech hired Buster Faulkner as OC. Mumme and Leach coached Hatcher and Hatcher coached Faulkner. So it's kind of a grandchild of the Mumme/Leach coaching tree.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Sash! posted:

Look, at the time, there was no better person to be the first to publicly announce it to the American People.

The rock tweeted he was drat proud to be an american 4 hours before Obama formally announced it. Meaning someone very high up the chain let Dwayne know....which is funny.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

soggybagel posted:

The rock tweeted he was drat proud to be an american 4 hours before Obama formally announced it. Meaning someone very high up the chain let Dwayne know....which is funny.

Do we have any proof that he wasn't personally involved? Like maybe he flew one of the helicopters?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Sash! posted:

Do we have any proof that he wasn't personally involved? Like maybe he flew one of the helicopters?

Given the Rock can't shut the gently caress about literally anything he is doing, I think it's safe to say he wasn't on the op.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sash! posted:

Are we sure he fits in a cockpit? :v:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zurreco posted:

Given the Rock can't shut the gently caress about literally anything he is doing, I think it's safe to say he wasn't on the op.

He prolly knows somebody who knows somebody who knows someone on the team, sort of thing

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

soggybagel posted:

Obama is in Joe Biden's phone as "B Rock" and the Rock is in there as "Da Rock" and, well, mistakes were made.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Terry Hoeppner was the Indiana coach who died. He only coached at IU for two years, and they weren't even spectacular seasons, but he was really positive and instilled a lot of hope in the program. He died of a brain tumor before his third season. They finally went to a bowl game that year :gbsmith:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rock personally hit Osama bin Laden with the People's Elbow at Osama's compound before letting SEAL Team 6 take over.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Rick Tolley also died as coach

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

And Knute Rockne

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Henchman of Santa posted:

And Knute Rockne

I'm not convinced this is a real name!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

seiferguy posted:

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

seiferguy posted:

How long have you been following this level of the sport? Knute's one of the most important coaches in the history of college football--this almost certainly won't be the last time you see his name.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Stoops' dad dropped dead on the field right after a game ended

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
First actual, real, serious confirmation.

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1602664495150768130?t=0AI4Y3f6QOM873J930iSDw&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

:rip: you weirdo. sometimes toxic, but always entertaining. CFB was better with him in it

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Rest in peace you wild man

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:smith:

What a loving bummer

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/rossdellenger/status/1602665298846531585?s=46&t=oQW9SpBTrnUG5M1s-sMiYQ

:unsmith:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LeeMajors posted:

:rip: you weirdo. sometimes toxic, but always entertaining. CFB was better with him in it

Yeah that's exactly how I / my feed basically feels. College football is automatically less interesting without him in it.

Edit: It's this:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1602669956705009666

And good on him - sign up to be an organ donor y'all.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 13, 2022

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
There was zero chance Mike Leach was going to run away.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

A pirate's liver for me

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
For any book fans, this is a good read about Mumme/Leach and the development of the Air Raid: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-perfect-pass-s-c-gwynne/1122858642

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

George H.W. oval office posted:

He had help, though

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
RIP to truly the gooniest coach out there

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
RIP you crazy pirate

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Seems like every year in the summer doldrums around here we talk about how cool Jared Lorenzen was and how it's a bummer we're losing so many truly unique aspects of college football. Leach was one of those. RIP.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Webbeh posted:

RIP to truly the gooniest coach out there

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Komet posted:

A pirate's liver for me

I think whoever got the liver should have to coach the bowl game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/blakejmorgan/status/1602666917235408896?s=46&t=JdlatEJz_y45QEYHkOaqRQ

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Leach was so drat entertaining, a football autist if there ever was one. Life is precious, look after yourselves guys.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

RIP Leach. Definitely upped the entertainment level of the sport. Reminder of how quickly life can be pulled from you.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Why couldn't it have been James Franklin instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I tried looking up Craig James to see if he tweeted about it, but apparently he disappeared from public life like ten years ago.

Good.