Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Backup needed! Post-haste!!
JOE BROS!
ASSEMBLE!

Shan’t help as I am stuck in the TJ’s parking lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Joe Bros? Joe Bros!?
Noooooooooo

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Next time I go to Trader Joe’s I’m gonna stroll across the parking lot and get a $1.50 hot dog and drink (with refill) from the outdoor food court before heading over to TJ’s.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

When you are sick at home and want comfort food only that Joe’s orange chicken and fried rice can hit the spot and make you feel worse afterwards.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fartington Butts posted:

Next time I go to Trader Joe’s I’m gonna stroll across the parking lot and get a $1.50 hot dog and drink (with refill) from the outdoor food court before heading over to TJ’s.

I got chastised for rocking a chicken bake and a smoothie in a trader Joe's.

I told them I'm never joeing back.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

When you are sick at home and want comfort food only that Joe’s orange chicken and fried rice can hit the spot and make you feel worse afterwards.

You're not supposed to eat the entire thing.

But goddamn is it hard not to

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Fartington Butts posted:

You're not supposed to eat the entire thing.

But goddamn is it hard not to

For ultra lazy meals, I've been known to eat half the orange chicken and 1/3 of the bag of veggie fried rice. No, I'm not proud of that.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Add in half a bag of frozen broccoli and you should be good.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
For my whole family we do the orange chicken, the veggie fried rice, and a full bag of soycatash. Sometimes I'll mix a few eggs in there too.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Does trader Joe's do egg nog and is it good?

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Scipiotik posted:

Does trader Joe's do egg nog and is it good?

I have no idea. However, I'm betting the answers are Yes and Yes. I can't see it being a regretful purchase.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My wife just bought some Joe's nog and like okay I can get down with some egg nog around like December 23rd but this poo poo expires on the 12th.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
liquor based eggnog lasts months at room temperature, so you can prolly solve that problem by adding a heroic amount of rum

problem is if you gently caress it up you will have wasted a heroic amount of rum

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I got chastised for rocking a chicken bake and a smoothie in a trader Joe's.

I told them I'm never joeing back.

Trader Joe's Megathread: You Can't Joe Home Again

Also, I once went into a TJ with a Jamba Juice, so it's no big deal, friend.

the cashier actually made that the small talk with "what flavor did you get"

I was there to get some of that Ghost Chile BBQ Sauce and some Chips and Salsa (you could easily guess what time of year it was)

And even though I know I could probably get a full shopping cart. My brain is just hard wired to just "get what you could fit in a basket"

Like I live in a city instead of the suburbs.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'm sorry that the egg nog doesn't have any preservatives in it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
me drinkin my nog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GOEn96oYfo

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Drink egg nog and do crimes

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Every single time I go to my TJ's they've moved the tonic water. It's like a game between us at this point, I imagine they have a betting pool on whether I'll find it on any given visit.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Update: gently caress it I'm just gonna drink this nog

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I bought two fiery chicken curries

They're okay. The butter chicken far superior

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I bought two fiery chicken curries

They're okay. The butter chicken far superior

I like to get the spicy chakri snack mix and sprinkle some on top of these or the Madras Lentils they have in pouches. Good stuff, sure it's probably some kind of crime but it tastes great

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The butter chicken far superior

been eatin deez lately and yeah

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I just received word that the vegan tikka masala is extremely disappointing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

wow shocking

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
Trip to Joe's house today, store was chaos but the parking lot surprisingly not?

He's up to his tricks again, always throwing what should be a typical shopping trip into a hellish outing. This time, people were parking carts in the center of isles and standing in weird places in confusion, walking against the flow of traffic and then glaring as if you were in the wrong for not reading every label ingredient on every box while taking up the entire isle/section of items and not letting anyone else in, instead of I don't know, actually picking things to buy or observing that other people are trying to shop too? Very strange atmosphere today.

Anyhow, got my stuff and the checkout person was incredibly grumpy. Overall a not good trip this time but then again it never really is. Well, until you get home and devour the entire box of Peppermint Brownies microwaved for 15 seconds with a side of some vanilla ice cream. BOOM.

And of course, a box of the old standby quick meal of Butter Chicken with a side of naan for lunch tomorrow. The portion sizes are definitely better than the Fiery chicken, I think. It's been a while, usually go for the Channa Masala because it's more calories per meal.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ianskate posted:

Anyhow, got my stuff and the checkout person was incredibly grumpy.

Whoa, this is very concerning

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chinatown posted:

been eatin deez lately and yeah

I em twice a week. Great calorie point too I think 400? I shoot for around there for lunch + a 160 cal bag of chips because carbs are kind of nice when you eat 1200ish cals a day. Indian food is good for this because it's always got good flavor

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Going tomorrow. Kroger is so expensive I'm gonna try Walmart for the first time in a bit for the rest.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I em twice a week. Great calorie point too I think 400? I shoot for around there for lunch + a 160 cal bag of chips because carbs are kind of nice when you eat 1200ish cals a day. Indian food is good for this because it's always got good flavor

i heat it up and then dump it into a wok with already tossed broccoli to make a nice little stirfry.

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I went to a trader Joe's in Santa Cruz. poo poo was massive compared to my local one.

Still full of customers with the Joe hivemind.

I was banned from this Trader Joe's for life because I was high on xanax and ambien still, walking home from jail after shoplifting from the Safeway the night before and just being released, and I walked in to steal some ice cream and chocolate peanut butter cups and a mississipi mud. They chased me down the street and I was tackled by someone in front of an AA meeting hall where I was arrested for the second time in 24 hours!

Sober now, but I love two buck chuck when you need to get drunk and only have two bucks. And the dark chocolate peanut butter cups? Amazing.

They also have some good bottled mineral waters!

Trollipop fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 13, 2022

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's three buck chuck now, thanks 🅱️iden

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Tipin' 🅱️ack the yeti 🅱️ud

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That's rough and I'm sorry, but I'm happy you're doing better!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

My Trader Joe’s briefly had these papadam chickpea and lentil chips that are really good but they stopped carrying them for several months, had them again for like a week, and now they’re gone again. Can you buy papadams at an Indian market that aren’t like the big ones you get in a restaurant? The big ones are all I remember seeing at the one near me and Joe is letting me down here.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

Can you buy papadams at an Indian market that aren’t like the big ones you get in a restaurant? The big ones are all I remember seeing at the one near me and Joe is letting me down here.

Yes! But you'll most likely need a good-sized market, not just a lovable hole-in-the-wall Indian bodega.

e: Or if you live somewhere with a sizable Indian population, you can try looking for shops/markets that specialize in chaat.

Molten Llama fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 13, 2022

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is Joe ever going to bring back the Korma Fish Curry?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

withak posted:

Is Joe ever going to bring back the Korma Fish Curry?

That sounds really good.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I thought it was just ok, but a friend was extremely into it and it went away sometime this year.

I'm more a Lamb Vindaloo and Butter Chicken guy.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The korma fish and saag paneer were my main buys so of course both are gone. Don't take my chana masala.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Trader Blows