Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know what 100m gets you but Black Adam's marketing push definitely wasn't as big as any MCU movie, or previous DC ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?

It's the books.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Jamesman posted:

DC should scrap everything they've done for the past 30 years and restore the Schumakerverse.

We're ready to embrace it. I'm not even joking.
I was gonna say, for a Batman Beyond movie it would be hard to beat the aesthetic of the glow-stick gangbangers and cybergothic architecture from Batman Forever.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqGjhVJWtEg
New Spider-Verse trailer just came out

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hyped

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Halloween Jack posted:

I was gonna say, for a Batman Beyond movie it would be hard to beat the aesthetic of the glow-stick gangbangers and cybergothic architecture from Batman Forever.

The kilmer-mobile is practically a Batman beyond prototype.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Veotax posted:

Okay, there's my back to the theater movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Veotax posted:

Migel looks awesome, kinda terrifying, and I think that might be a version of Jessica Drew, as her outfit has a lot of similarties to her spider-woman outfits

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yes issa rae is playing Jessica drew, and I'm glad they're using the good costume

spinnerette and anime parker are in the background of the council of spiders part, bring back renew your vows you cowards

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
okay but most importantly

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1602722596444856324

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
when you blow up a grainy picture like that how can you tell which one is the ps1 Spider-Man

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love watching the Twitter hivemind play "spot the Spidey". So far I've seen PS4 Spidey, bombastic Bag-Man, and loving Spider-Man Unlimited

https://mobile.twitter.com/WonderWaffle93/status/1602712317183070208

site posted:

yes issa rae is playing Jessica drew, and I'm glad they're using the good costume

spinnerette and anime parker are in the background of the council of spiders part, bring back renew your vows you cowards

:hai:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 13, 2022

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Also looks like Jessica rides her motorcycle upside the head of Vulture

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TwoPair posted:

I love watching the Twitter hivemind play "spot the Spidey". So far I've seen PS4 Spidey, bombastic Bag-Man, and loving Spider-Man Unlimited

Give me "Marvel sent a cease-and-desist to World Championship Wrestling for their 'totally original and not a knock-off' Spider-Man" Arachna-Man

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So is this a specific version of Jessica Drew that's shown up before? I was confused when people said she was in the trailer not realizing she is supposed to be the woman on the bike. I'm only familiar with the 616 Spider-Woman.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

FlamingLiberal posted:

So is this a specific version of Jessica Drew that's shown up before? I was confused when people said she was in the trailer not realizing she is supposed to be the woman on the bike. I'm only familiar with the 616 Spider-Woman.

I assume she's kinda like Chris Pine Spider-Man or Peter B in that they're close but not quite 616.

I'm at least not aware of Jessica Drew ever having a glorious fro or a motorcycle.

VVVVVV I stand corrected.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 14, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I assume she's kinda like Chris Pine Spider-Man or Peter B in that they're close but not quite 616.

I'm at least not aware of Jessica Drew ever having a glorious fro or a motorcycle.

Jess (616) never rocked a 'fro but from the start of her best costume run she had a bike.

edit: from the first page of issue #5 of the 2014 series

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 14, 2022

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Patty Jenkins has issued a statement on Wonder Woman 3. Most notable thing here is that she denies The Wrap's report from last week that she was offered a chance to rewrite her pitch, but refused and walked away.

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/1602824242684252161

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah she's literally jess from that era but black

she's even pregnant

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
On the one hand, it's too bad no exec got emailed the wikipedia link for "character arc," which was pretty funny.

On the other hand, lmfao all those rumors were just wild bullshit and the fact simply was that DC dragged their feet too long to the point that she couldn't wait for them any more.

I mean, that's according to her of course, but James Gunn has corroborated her in the replies.

Which, of course, might also just be him trying to make the whole situation look more professional and amicable, but at that point of conspiratorial speculation we might as well just assume every word out of anyone's mouth is just them doing damage control

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

BrianWilly posted:

On the one hand, it's too bad no exec got emailed the wikipedia link for "character arc," which was pretty funny.

On the other hand, lmfao all those rumors were just wild bullshit and the fact simply was that DC dragged their feet too long to the point that she couldn't wait for them any more.

I mean, that's according to her of course, but James Gunn has corroborated her in the replies.

Which, of course, might also just be him trying to make the whole situation look more professional and amicable, but at that point of conspiratorial speculation we might as well just assume every word out of anyone's mouth is just them doing damage control

Is Gunn really corroborating anything? Sounds very non-committal and professional.

His only response is:

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1602843372846080000

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well it at least debunks her sending her employers a "lol gently caress you idiots" resignation letter :xd:

Obviously both of them have a vested interest in coming across professional in this situation, no drama to see here move along please...but also, honestly, the possibility that the WB just dragged this project until it was completely dead definitely tracks with...like, literally everything they've done recently, sooo I don't see any reason to doubt Jenkins on this, or Gunn when he's very implicitly taking her side here.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Miles looks like he's gotten taller. I wonder if he carries a burger around with him, because he gets hungry, because he's gonna be big.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Variety with some minor deets about the future of the DCEU:

- Gunn considering making Pattinson's Batman the "official" Batman of the DCEU going forward. Doesn't want to have a lot of mixed universes with two people playing the same character at once.

quote:

That’s how speculation over Henry Cavill’s future as Superman or whether Jason Momoa will continue playing Aquaman wind-up feeding headlines for days, egged on by the seemingly immortal devotion of director Zack Snyder’s extremely online fanbase, who still hold out hope that his conception of the DC Universe could live on. But at least one core element of the so-called Snyderverse is likely over: A well-placed source says Gunn and Safran are exploring the possibility of incorporating filmmaker Matt Reeves’ iteration of Batman with actor Robert Pattinson into their wider universe.

- Shazam! 2, Aquaman 2, Blue Beetle, and The Flash are considered "legacy titles" for the new DCEU. The reshoot budgets for them have been cut back.

- WB/D still plans to go forward with their plan for vertical integration of movies, games, animation, TV, and comics in the DC brand - planning them around each other and with interconnected development to make one cohesive universe.

- They don't expect to make any announcements publicly for a long time. They are concerned if they reveal that they are recasting too early, then people will skip the movies already planned for release as "old news."

quote:

If they announce their plans too early, any of the legacy titles that are the last hurrah for that iteration of the franchise could be seen as old news before they even premiere. But controlling the flow of news about DC has been a vexing challenge given the voracious appetite for any morsel of information — or anything resembling a morsel of information, even if there’s no truth to it — about what’s next for DC.

- Don't expect any "new" DC movies until at least 2024 and possibly even into 2025. Gunn wants to take his time and is building much of the new DCEU from the ground up.

quote:

“Peter and I chose to helm DC Studios knowing we were coming into a fractious environment, both in the stories being told and in the audience itself and there would be an unavoidable transitional period as we moved into telling a cohesive story across film, TV, animation and gaming,” Gunn wrote. “But, in the end, the drawbacks of that transitional period were dwarfed by the creative possibilities and the opportunity to build upon what has worked in DC so far and to help rectify what has not.”

quote:

Whatever Gunn and Safran’s plans for DC’s future are, it will be at least until 2024, if not longer, before audiences would get to see them on the big screen. Gunn understood that when he tweeted at fans last week.

“We know we are not going to make every single person happy every step of the way, but we can promise everything we do is done in the service of the STORY and in the service of the DC CHARACTERS we know you cherish and we have cherished our whole lives,” he wrote. “As for more answers about the future of the DCU, I will sadly have to ask you to wait."

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batman-robert-pattinson-aquaman-dc-studios-james-gunn-peter-safran-1235460483/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- They don't expect to make any announcements publicly for a long time. They are concerned if they reveal that they are recasting too early, then people will skip the movies already planned for release as "old news."

a little late for that lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
just make 7 seasons of Peacemaker and spin everything out of that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
More my chemical Batman please

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If all we get is new The Batman and new Suicide Squad stuff for a couple years that would be fine with me

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Opopanax posted:

If all we get is new The Batman and new Suicide Squad stuff for a couple years that would be fine with me

few people build a cast like James Gunn so I am also fine with it

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I mean the Wonder Woman “franchise” consists of exactly half a good movie starring a woman who thinks occupying apartheids are neat who orchestrated the single most cringe inducing event of the last like decade so, nothing of value was lost.

Hopefully the HBO CEO deletes the movies from the Max archives and we can just proceed with our lives as normal.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I wonder where Joker 2 fits into all of this then. Have they started shooting that, or can they still pull the plug?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It'd be pretty funny if dc pulled the plug on their billion dollar Joker franchise

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

NieR Occomata posted:

I mean the Wonder Woman “franchise” consists of exactly half a good movie starring a woman who thinks occupying apartheids are neat who orchestrated the single most cringe inducing event of the last like decade so, nothing of value was lost.

Hopefully the HBO CEO deletes the movies from the Max archives and we can just proceed with our lives as normal.

:hellyeah:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Variety with some minor deets about the future of the DCEU:

- Gunn considering making Pattinson's Batman the "official" Batman of the DCEU going forward. Doesn't want to have a lot of mixed universes with two people playing the same character at once.

- Shazam! 2, Aquaman 2, Blue Beetle, and The Flash are considered "legacy titles" for the new DCEU. The reshoot budgets for them have been cut back.

- WB/D still plans to go forward with their plan for vertical integration of movies, games, animation, TV, and comics in the DC brand - planning them around each other and with interconnected development to make one cohesive universe.

- Don't expect any "new" DC movies until at least 2024 and possibly even into 2025. Gunn wants to take his time and is building much of the new DCEU from the ground up.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batman-robert-pattinson-aquaman-dc-studios-james-gunn-peter-safran-1235460483/
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1603073641045848072

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jamesman posted:

I wonder where Joker 2 fits into all of this then. Have they started shooting that, or can they still pull the plug?

they just showed the first still yesterday so it’s either in active production or post

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

They have started production but that's never stopped modern WBD before!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jamesman posted:

if batgirl is any indication they can pull the plug after it's finished

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

They have started production but that's never stopped modern WBD before!

At this point I expect prints of the Flash to be like Mission Impossible tapes, you put them in the projector and then they self-destruct before the reel telling people to get concessions in the lobby is done.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

At this point I expect prints of the Flash to be like Mission Impossible tapes, you put them in the projector and then they self-destruct before the reel telling people to get concessions in the lobby is done.

"We mailed the hard drives with the final movie on them and somehow they ended up on the ocean floor, guess we'll file an insurance claim"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The replies on that Patty Jenkins thing are about the funniest the Snyderbros are capable of getting to, a ton of them apparently assume that since Wonder Woman was good, Snyder must have directed it, while Wonder Woman 84, a bad movie, must have been directed by Jenkins. Literally accusing her of ruining what Snyder accomplished with Wonder Woman the movie. It's amazing.