Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

lmao. So it's an app-only walled garden coded by a clueless student? Hmm yes sign me the gently caress up lol.

bonus hive comedy: they didn't make @handles unique and somehow didn't anticipate how that would make it impossible to find anyone or even tag them unambiguously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I am @Twitter

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What all this is teaching me is that not only is our society not in fact bursting with superhuman geniuses on the cusp of stepping to the next plane of human existence and uplifting humanity to energy-being paradise, but in a country of 300 million and a world of 8 billion there is literally nobody who is even vaguely competent enough to write a proper app or run a country in good faith, let alone pull off 19-dimensional supervillain schemes like in cartoons

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Data Graham posted:

What all this is teaching me is that not only is our society not in fact bursting with superhuman geniuses on the cusp of stepping to the next plane of human existence and uplifting humanity to energy-being paradise, but in a country of 300 million and a world of 8 billion there is literally nobody who is even vaguely competent enough to write a proper app or run a country in good faith, let alone pull off 19-dimensional supervillain schemes like in cartoons

there's shitloads of geniuses, they just don't have the money to be in charge because our system doesn't enrich geniuses

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Gort posted:

there's shitloads of geniuses, they just don't have the money to be in charge because our system doesn't enrich geniuses

and the ones that have the money would rather hang out online with idiots with frog avatars.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just wander around the neighborhood and peer in peoples' windows, hoping to see funny pet moments

go to one of a million gif sites and type in cat + word Discord has this built in under "gif" if you are lazy it's filtered a bit though.

cat roomba
cat toilet
cat water
cat snake

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

pixaal posted:

go to one of a million gif sites and type in cat + word

cat roomba
cat toilet
cat water
cat snake

Cat Dog?????????

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Gort posted:

Or they don't want to be, because it looks stressful, tedious and dramatic. Being a career politician and dealing with all those fuckwits on a daily basis does not sound like an intellectually stimulating and balanced life.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
"I'm rickffhph bimshhh!" is the only thing Musk has ever done that made me laugh

And it was still just laughing at him

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

"I'm rickffhph bimshhh!" is the only thing Musk has ever done that made me laugh

And it was still just laughing at him

musk getting pushed down stairs was also a lol

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I just read a story on the whole Chappelle/Musk thing, and a couple of interesting things stood out to me that weren't brought up in most of the general "Musk gets booed" news stories:

-All the comedians on the show, not just Chappelle, were railing against "wokeness" and "cancel culture". Both the opening acts, as well as Chris Rock (though to be fair, the article pointed out that a lot of Rock's criticism was more aimed at the performative nods towards progression that big media companies tend to do, but still).

-Near the end, when things broke down and the crowd was heavily booing Musk again and Chappelle finally snapped on them when he couldn't get them back on his side, one of the comments he made was that the crowd's booing was a sign of "pending civil unrest" and he snapped he'd like to see what "store" the crowd would "decimate" next, before finally telling them to "shut the gently caress up, with your boos". After watching the footage, it's pretty clear that Chappelle is 100% just another rich dude that's completely out of touch with how people feel these days (as if his misogynistic comments on Kamala Harris after the 2020 election, his TERFdom, and his anti-Semitism didn't already confirm all of that).
Did he at least have any jokes or anything to riff with, like some late night comedy talk show 101 poo poo?

Because the leaked video clip just seemed like “here’s an outrageously rich person. Applaud.” and that was going to be the entire show at that point.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
My wife wanted to watch the Disney series the Santa Clauses and I think it’s somehow a commentary on musk taking over twitter.

An eccentric inventor becomes the new Santa Claus and his ideas immediately make all the elves disappear and he immediately destroys Christmas with his lovely ideas and he refuses to acknowledge that any of his ideas are bad

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

yook posted:

Did he at least have any jokes or anything to riff with, like some late night comedy talk show 101 poo poo?

Because the leaked video clip just seemed like “here’s an outrageously rich person. Applaud.” and that was going to be the entire show at that point.

I don't recall what point in his set the article said it was when they trotted Ol' Musky out, but I do remember that the article said he actually tried to do jokes this time around, and only indulged in some light transphobia/anti-Semitism, as one does when one is a rich and out of touch comedian.

The footage makes it pretty clear that he was just as shocked at the reaction Musk got as Musk was, they both clearly expected him to receive rapturous applause. It's also great that he snapped when he realized that not even he, the legendary Dave Chappelle, could get the audience to react to his new billionaire buddy the way he wanted them to.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 13, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

My wife wanted to watch the Disney series the Santa Clauses and I think it’s somehow a commentary on musk taking over twitter.

An eccentric inventor becomes the new Santa Claus and his ideas immediately make all the elves disappear and he immediately destroys Christmas with his lovely ideas and he refuses to acknowledge that any of his ideas are bad

being a bumbling doofus is yet another thing elon didn't actually invent

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

the funny thing is that musk wasn't doing rick james or even chapelle

he was doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZETtLCZZ0

it turned into the audio sting at the very end of the credits when the production company logo came up, i think a picture of chapelle in handcuffs holding wads of cash accompanied it

oh yeah it was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0-zbxU4uA

boar guy fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 13, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Rumor has it that he had prepared a set that he never got to go through, but it is difficult to confirm because Elon Musk's brand of planned comedy is indistinguishable from his everyday outbursts.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

kazil posted:

He’s not a bumbling doofus He’s a tech mogul who destroys his product with his enhancements after firing all his workers.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His tight 5 would be excruciating.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

lol yeah disney films poo poo like 1.5 years in advance, they aren't riffing on poo poo it's just a show about a total loving dumbass, much like Twitter

He’s not a bumbling doofus He’s a tech mogul who destroys his product with his enhancements after firing all his workers.

Tim Allen is not filming a show riffing in realtime, dipshit techbro is a stereotype that Elon leaned into hard

boar guy posted:

the funny thing is that musk wasn't doing rick james or even chapelle

he was doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZETtLCZZ0

it turned into the audio sting at the very end of the credits when the production company logo came up, i think a picture of chapelle in handcuffs holding wads of cash accompanied it

I think most people itt have seen Chappelle's Show

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

thats the thing though i dont think chapelle ever said it

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

goatface posted:

https://i.imgur.com/gUi9UNd.mp4

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

boar guy posted:

thats the thing though i dont think chapelle ever said it

I... don't understand what point you're making

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

I... don't understand what point you're making

that musk is even more out of touch than you think

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

he didn't invent that either? i used to work at barnes&noble and the exact same thing happened there, a tech mogul came in and fired hundreds of people including the entire previous tier of senior management, and then everyone who was left had to work on bad idea after bad idea while the core of what made the company work was gutted. it just didnt make the news (outside of publishing) because the new ceo was a more boring kind of incompetent and didnt shitpost on twitter all day. its an old story. it happens all the time.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

goatface posted:

It would be a template powerpoint of badly cropped memes with Elon just silently clicking through, occasionally staring at the audience to see if they love him yet

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

boar guy posted:

that musk is even more out of touch than you think

So you're theorycrafting that Musk thought that was a Chappelle line rather than the most well-known line from Chappelle's Show?
Cuz thats a reach even for how dumb and out-of-touch Elon is

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i'm rick james bitch is what he meant to say, as that is the most well known line from the chapelle show

im rich bitch is what his mind dredged up because bragging about his richness is the reference he has remembered in the past, making that joke

are you elon musk

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Musk, Challepele, and Trump can all get on the secret SpaceX flight!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

lol yeah disney films poo poo like 1.5 years in advance, they aren't riffing on poo poo it's just a show about a total loving dumbass, much like Twitter

Tim Allen is not filming a show riffing in realtime, dipshit techbro is a stereotype that Elon leaned into hard

not me, what was it

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

explosivo posted:

Is there anyone left? I think most of us who thought the dude was hilarious for saying "I'm rick james bitch" when we were kids figured out he's a rich old out of touch crank after his first netflix special.

He is one of the most successful comedians in America. He might be the most successful active working comedian right now depending on how you measure success. There are only a few who can sell out large arenas, and he's in that club. His shows (personal anecdote, in the midwest) sold out at high prices almost immediately even when they were announced a month in advance with very little notice. His hour specials make him a ton of money.

If he had less talent, he would have been derailed by controversy and struggling to work, but there's a reason why Netflix agreed to a new deal with him earlier this year. (though this time around, he's a producer introducing other comedians. We don't know yet who will pay for his next special) There's some reporting that even though he had better ratings for Netflix than any other comedy special, they may have overpaid because they needed to do better than just 20-30 million viewers for the gigantic amount of money they paid him for it.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 13, 2022

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

boar guy posted:

i'm rick james bitch is what he meant to say, as that is the most well known line from the chapelle show

im rich bitch is what his mind dredged up because bragging about his richness is the reference he has remembered in the past, making that joke

are you elon musk

he's not doing rick james, if you watch the longer clip donnell rawlings is on stage and does the rich bitch line right before him

edit: nightmare blunt rotation
https://twitter.com/donnellrawlings/status/1350641250114953216

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I bet Elon has no idea who Rick James was.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

boar guy posted:

are you elon musk

lmao Chappelle hates I'm Rick James, Bitch! and Elon would never pass up an opportunity to brag about being rich but sure, you do you

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

yook posted:

He had supposedly finished his set, he wasn't going to bring in Elon to gently caress up the middle of his act.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

So you're theorycrafting that Musk thought that was a Chappelle line rather than the most well-known line from Chappelle's Show?
Cuz thats a reach even for how dumb and out-of-touch Elon is

lmao at giving Elon Musk the benefit of a doubt

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

The Rabbi T. White posted:

This is a loving nightmare. I have used derivatives of white rabbit as an online alias for close on 30 years now. Now I need to loving change everything.

One tweet
Makes you nazi
And one tweet
Antivax
And the ones the algorithm feeds you
Are right-wing screeds on blacks
Go ask Elon
Before the site cracks

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

MrQwerty posted:

lmao Chappelle hates I'm Rick James, Bitch! and Elon would never pass up an opportunity to brag about being rich but sure, you do you

It is kind of weird how he mispronounced 'rich' though.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/zoeschiffer/status/1602663271911358466?s=46&t=qotvrNI1xYmEx0xDuBgaRg

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Mister Speaker posted:

It is kind of weird how he mispronounced 'rich' though.

He got stuck trying to work in a pickle-Rick joke and his brain froze, realizing he wasn't actually funny, and he poo poo his pants instead, which would explain the pose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

is there any other billionaire/ceo type who is given time as a performer/comedian/etc even though they have no talent or even interest in the art at all? like musk was also invited to host snl for some reason. i dont see the koch brothers or warren buffet or bezos doing that kind of poo poo, at least not in so public a way. like supposedly paul allen from microsoft was actually a great guitarist but i dont remember him trying to join metallica on stage or whatever