Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Butterfly Valley posted:

i got this current av from a thread where an American had a weird meltdown and called me the racist, in fact, for saying that british curry was a thing, given that many of the recipes were developed here, adapted to british tastes, using local ingredients, cooked by second or third generation descendants of immigrants etc. also take away food influenced by immigration and wtf is america left with

That woman is insane all the way around to the other end of the issue, but there’s a nugget of truth there. Not that British curry isn’t a thing, you’re absolutely right about and that and other similar things why food in the UK can be pretty good.

But on an island so racist it kicked itself out of the EU you’ll find a lot of folks who say that those cool immigrant developed foods aren’t really British cuisine. And while I disagree with that vehemently, lots of foreigners agree or are just ignorant/unaware.

And then you’ve got folks who want to not count immigrant influences in the conversation for less nefarious reasons, and they can point to something like French cuisine that stands pretty high absent any of its cool Vietnamese or North African influences.

So I guess it comes down to the issue of what “British cuisine” actually means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

also take away food influenced by immigration and wtf is america left with

Indigenous cuisine I suppose would be the answer here. Owamni - which serves a "decolonized" menu - won the James Beard Award for best new restaurant this year. It's supposed to be spectacularly good.

But yeah, you're right that disqualifying immigrant-influenced foods because they're not "original" or whatever is stupid at best and outright racist at worst.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Cool football photos and videos, guys.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

I lol every time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

sticksy posted:

Cool football photos and videos, guys.

I had genuinely forgotten which thread I was in 😂

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k52Tn9FoPww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyJLbFoGzVM

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 9, 2022

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Man gently caress that poo poo.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Vintersorg posted:

Man gently caress that poo poo.

its argentina, its nothing but that until they lose then its all :qq: los malvinas :qq:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Not to defend Argentina, but the context is that the Dutch team walked up to Lautaro to talk trash and had to be pushed back by the ref:

https://twitter.com/ncastrovillari/status/1601390432298360833

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
If they had let him just take it he probably would have missed like every other attempt he’s had this tournament.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Messi is a good lad

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
stolen from trump thread

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Nightmare inducing:

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
no foot today? let's have an image dump
lotta Arse pics today, just the luck of the draw

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
That Pique and Mbappe pic is so good

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Reminds me of this:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

shut up blegum posted:

Reminds me of this:

you gotta post the best angle:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/awfclips/status/1601997145522970625

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

There are relay baton passes that don't go that smoothly what the hell

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i had to watch it like 3 times to even see what happened lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
This guy is dedicated to painting Haaland every day, he's got some memes and some other random stuff too

https://www.instagram.com/rory.paints/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

This was yesterdays

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is neither cool nor good but it's so loving weird.

https://www.visitsaudi.com/en/Messi

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
lol at the green screened photos, the hiking one is just amazing

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So uh, Richarlison is getting a new tat

Here's how it's going so far!

Frankston fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 14, 2022

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Frankston posted:

So uh, Richarlison is getting a new tat

Here's how it's going so far!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
idk what's weirder, getting your own face or getting your co-workers face tattooed on you

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

idk what's weirder, getting your own face or getting your co-workers face tattooed on you
There was an episode of Ink Master where a woman demanded that her tattooer do for her a "New School" cartoony Phoenix surrounded by flames shooting out of her vagina.

Getting a co-worker tattoo really isn't that weird compared to some of crazy poo poo people get on them.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

didn't Pinilia from Chile get a tattoo of him hitting the bar against Brazil in 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

didn't Pinilia from Chile get a tattoo of him hitting the bar against Brazil in 2014

https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/483962108980109312?lang=en

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I think that one gets a pass because it's not a portrait of his face and it's celebrating a moment of defeat

i just hope after the next game richarlison and neymar are in the showers and neymar looks over and sees that :wtc:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Another in the same category

https://twitter.com/mailsport/status/889783555471093761

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

All this poo poo is going to look ridiculous on their bodies when they're 70. They'll look like retired circus carnies.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I presume nobody including them will give a poo poo by then

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

lynch_69 posted:

All this poo poo is going to look ridiculous on their bodies when they're 70. They'll look like retired circus carnies.

thanks for your opinion, mom

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

My issue with these tattoos is not that they're getting them (and a side note: old people with tattoos look loving rad and usually have great stories) it's that the quality of the work they're getting is atrocious. You're footballers with unlimited budgets: you can pay for art that doesn't look like poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

any good tattoo artist likely wont sully their name by doing work like that though