Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

All sent out!

Terrible page snipe. I'm grinding pine trees and runestone #7 (radishes), I assume this is only the beginning of the many grinds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I could use one at AReallyCoolDog if one is left

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Aerox posted:

I could use one at AReallyCoolDog if one is left

sent

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
If anyone wants to pass a card along I’m jezzerh in the game. Will pay it forward.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

monkeytennis posted:

If anyone wants to pass a card along I’m jezzerh in the game. Will pay it forward.

Thankyou Spaced God you rock.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
What does Bacon do? I'm at a point where I can buy a Pig farm to begin accumulating it, but I'm not sure why I need it yet.

Alternatively, I can bump orange and lemon trees up from 300 to 400, or save a little more and get the eighth row of crops. (Storehouse was my first 100M splurge.)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

delfin posted:

What does Bacon do? I'm at a point where I can buy a Pig farm to begin accumulating it, but I'm not sure why I need it yet.

Alternatively, I can bump orange and lemon trees up from 300 to 400, or save a little more and get the eighth row of crops. (Storehouse was my first 100M splurge.)

You need it for some quests and you need 100 of it to trade for honey.

Get the pig farm as soon as you can because it takes a bit for the pigs to get to the level you need to kill them.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Fair enough. Wheat making feed mill go brrrr. My owl is slowly fetching honey as well, though I'm aware that I'll need a lot of it at some point.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Oranage Geckos and Sea Dragons for the tower quest :(

I have like 85 sea dragons! …. But 45 geckos. Woof.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Saxophone posted:

Throwing in the Crab Claws you get from your Macaw are going to help a lot here.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Saxophone posted:

Your gecko quest doesn't end there, my friend. Later on you'll get a quest asking for 100 of the things. Ask me how I know (dammit, I stopped chucking crab claws down the well after I unlocked the tower. Don't be me)!!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

delfin posted:

The rapid advancement phase certainly ended quickly, though I don't think I've ever seen a game push harder in so many ways to propel newbies through the early game quickly.

Rapid advancement phases come and go, and the holiday events can get pretty nuts. I've been playing for five months, unlocked the highest fishing zone in the Labor Day event, got all skills to 99 around Halloween, now I'm pretty far into lategame.

Holidays give big benefits and eventually your storehouse grows fast enough to store what your pets bring in each day, so it's wise to spend time between events preparing for them (and then blowing all your items and getting 100B silver in one go).

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Vasler posted:

Your gecko quest doesn't end there, my friend. Later on you'll get a quest asking for 100 of the things. Ask me how I know (dammit, I stopped chucking crab claws down the well after I unlocked the tower. Don't be me)!!

I'm currently stuck at a quest that needs 217 geckos.

Always be tossing crab claws!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hobojim posted:

I'm currently stuck at a quest that needs 217 geckos.

Always be tossing crab claws!

I’m on the same one and lol it’s a lot

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Remember that Tower rewards can help a lot with rare items like Orange Geckos and Spiked Shells. Doesn’t help for unlocking the Tower itself, obviously, but getting to Tower 109 gives 1000 Orange Geckos, which should be enough for any other quests that require them.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
One Runestone to go...

...and it's from corn.

If I'm not back in a week... keep waiting.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I am really happy that Buddy.Farm has a password page, because I have no idea how I'd get that information for the last Covert Santa quest.

Also, Covert Santa sounds so much cooler than Secret Santa.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Klungar posted:

Remember that Tower rewards can help a lot with rare items like Orange Geckos and Spiked Shells. Doesn’t help for unlocking the Tower itself, obviously, but getting to Tower 109 gives 1000 Orange Geckos, which should be enough for any other quests that require them.

Tower 109 is 100 orange geckos, not 1000. I'm also stuck on the 217 gecko quest with 43 geckos so far. Strange Companions XX. I have been throwing crab claws forever and it's why I'm not further behind. I bought the last wishing well bump a few days after it came out which brought me to basically 0 gold, and now I've shot back up to 751.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

delfin posted:

One Runestone to go...

...and it's from corn.

If I'm not back in a week... keep waiting.

Look up the corn maze solutions and get the prize bag, save yourself days of corn (that'll you'll eventually need to grow)

H110Hawk posted:

Tower 109 is 100 orange geckos, not 1000. I'm also stuck on the 217 gecko quest with 43 geckos so far. Strange Companions XX. I have been throwing crab claws forever and it's why I'm not further behind. I bought the last wishing well bump a few days after it came out which brought me to basically 0 gold, and now I've shot back up to 751.

No, it's definitely 1000, I just checked my tower.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

We are at like the exact same point in that quest lol

Thing that sucks about it is that it’s going to take at least 15 more days to finish

At least I’m getting spiked shells from my fighting raptors though

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kaboobi posted:

Look up the corn maze solutions and get the prize bag, save yourself days of corn (that'll you'll eventually need to grow)

No, it's definitely 1000, I just checked my tower.

Lol I looked at tower 9

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I mean, at this point the only quests I have left are the ones that require me to spend literally 50m stamina in the desert for almost nothing so I'll pass

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

I was so glad I was gonna hit 1k spiked shells and completely missed the 1k sea dragon quest. Ugh.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kaboobi posted:

Isn't that part of the Halloween event, not normal content?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
It was added with halloween but will stay around permanently

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

yeah, the adventures live in town under the service district so you can just finish them whenever.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Ah. In that case, back to pine trees, and trying to grind Fishing up to 60.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

H110Hawk posted:

WAIT NO. I'm on Strange Companions XVIII. You need even more??

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Atoramos posted:

I was so glad I was gonna hit 1k spiked shells and completely missed the 1k sea dragon quest. Ugh.

The 1K Sea Dragon quest is where I’ve been for a while now. poo poo sucks.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes but that's like the last time you need them. There's another quest after SC XX that asks for even more but an earlier quest in the chain gives you the exact number you need so it cancels out.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Thank you to all the goons donating stuff to my new farm!

I just got 200 snowballs and now went from having no more than 300k silver to 30 million all of a sudden. And I'm swimming in gold.

Is there a tier list or set of recommendations for things to spend gold on? Or something similar for your first batch of silver?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

JosefStalinator posted:

Thank you to all the goons donating stuff to my new farm!

I just got 200 snowballs and now went from having no more than 300k silver to 30 million all of a sudden. And I'm swimming in gold.

Is there a tier list or set of recommendations for things to spend gold on? Or something similar for your first batch of silver?

The library has tons of great information. There’s a Best Upgrades guide under the staff created section to rank things you can spend silver on and here’s a link from the community guides section of the library to one for gold purchases: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Mk7ZinViqI2ZxBzndvsj7oglD-YCFLC1FfgEE2nPCw/edit

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

rafikki posted:

The library has tons of great information. There’s a Best Upgrades guide under the staff created section to rank things you can spend silver on and here’s a link from the community guides section of the library to one for gold purchases: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Mk7ZinViqI2ZxBzndvsj7oglD-YCFLC1FfgEE2nPCw/edit

Thanks for this!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Just bought the Steelworks, so I think I'm done with Farm add-ons for a while. Saving up for the Kitchen next.

Quest-wise, I've hit a hard stop, as early Parts Unknown involves feeding Vincent's Cotton fetish and Consequences and Defenses is asking for bacon, so it's back to the corn/pine grind for the seasonal questlines. Everything else wants either things I can't make right now, long-timer crops, spiders, gold fliers, or endless waves of corn at the moment.

I am sitting on 562 gold at the moment. The usual early upgrades have been bought, so I'm considering Grape Juice Fountain, Sprint Shoes II, the Cooking upgrades, Inventory Monitor, the Orchard Land set (I'm not quite at 500 yet on my trees, though), Cellar Insulation, and the autocrafter against further inventory expansions.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Ooh

Oooh

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

A small change that I think is good: the devs changed the icon of all the seeds. Now instead of being the same as the crop, they are all seed bags with what seed they are on them.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
FarmRPG is one of the only live games I've seen with a good track record for updates. I know the snow effect wasn't a hit and I'm pretty iffy on the whole cooking system, but other than that it's been one good update after another.

e. Why can't you send pine trees through the mail! I just need 10 more for this quest and I'm excited, damnit!
What do you mean they won't fit in the mailbox i made friends with an actual dragon

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 14, 2022

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

delfin posted:

I am sitting on 562 gold at the moment. The usual early upgrades have been bought, so I'm considering Grape Juice Fountain, Sprint Shoes II, the Cooking upgrades, Inventory Monitor, the Orchard Land set (I'm not quite at 500 yet on my trees, though), Cellar Insulation, and the autocrafter against further inventory expansions.

Almost all bank and wine upgrades are trash, just a warning. They never make enough income to be worth it. Also making cooking faster makes it harder to level.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah, I’m not a fan of cooking and have basically ignored it. I’m level 20 something. I need to level it though, in case some quests gate on it - which they’re certain to do in the future.

From updates. Cool to see. Looks like that’s the equivalent of $10k. Game must be making a decent amount of money, but either way nobody is making them donate.

It’s encouraging to see that a game can be successful without forcing pop ups, without putting intrusive ads all over the place, and without preventing free players from progressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

is there a cap for friendship? not like, when you stop getting rewards, but when the bar actually maxes out.