Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

It's one of those rare games where you do all the side quests not just because they're there, but because you legitimately want to see what happens with these characters. I'm one step away from the point of no return and just not doing the final area because I'm not ready to say goodbye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

summer of xenoblade kicked rear end

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

Hell yeah

Xenoblade 2 consumed me lol, torna added 18 hours over 3 days

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lol, 'intense burst' badass.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

yeah

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Badass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sourdough posted:

Hell yeah

Xenoblade 2 consumed me lol, torna added 18 hours over 3 days

extremely badass

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

looking good everyone

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

everything since chapter 5 has been so sick. I did a little fist bump when mwamba made his grand return lol

Wonder how much more of this game is left...looks like I have almost all the jobs and I've done like 1/3rd of the ascension quests. got to my first 5 star colony finally too. At some point I gotta go back and hunt all the elites too for the soul hacker skills, I've not really used the class bc I don't have many options available to mess around with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't believe I can't traverse poison yet tho. Feel like I must have missed something.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Can't believe I can't traverse poison yet tho. Feel like I must have missed something.

you're close to it, just keep exploring

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Whoa, I beat the game without finding anything like this so I looked it up. I missed quite a bit apparently.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

Whoa, I beat the game without finding anything like this so I looked it up. I missed quite a bit apparently.

there's a shitload of optional stuff, not just quests but whole areas and zones and even colonies I think. Its awesome how much they stuffed into this game.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sweet, ty

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

it's a whole new colony + character dude lol

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

smh at anyone finishing the game without finding all of the heroes/classes 😔

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

actually I just remembered there's a few prerequisites you need to do that aren't so obvious

maybe look it up? hard to say

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

smh at anyone finishing the game without finding all of the heroes/classes 😔

I had to just gun it toward the end or I felt like I was never going to finish lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i got all classes unlocked on everyone but didn't finish half the ascensions because i wanted somethin to do on ng+ dlc runs. still played 140 hours lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

I had to just gun it toward the end or I felt like I was never going to finish lol

Yeah this, still took like 70 hours. I'll go back once the story dlc comes out and finish it all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

I've been countering this feeling by just taking months to finish it lol. The long savor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol in chapter 7 the one-two punch of Nia not knowing how to get through the great sea and the ouroborous gang just bouncing and leaving her there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So what does upgrading actually do. I was exactly one item short of completing every order but idk what I actually did other than the visual changem

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

So what does upgrading actually do. I was exactly one item short of completing every order but idk what I actually did other than the visual changem

I think it boosts stats slightly and more for the characters default class but don't quote me on that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think it boosts stats slightly and more for the characters default class but don't quote me on that

yeah this. its a prettyd ecent bump too, i did th whole last dungeon in default classes because of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Interesting. I was thinking of rolling default classes for lore purposes but there's also too many sick setups once you have everything unlocked. Especially the later healing and tank jobs are way sicker than the starters

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if you have any slight interest in doing ng+ in the future you should get them all done now since they carry over

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I'd do NG+, I'm probably just gonna try to do all the quests and colony ratings on one file. Up through ch6 I completed every quest I could, but now that I'm approaching the end I'm too excited just to see things through (except for the master nopons I just rounded up).

there's two level 90+ areas I've found already, and buttloads of elites I haven't hunted either. So I figure I'll just hang out after I beat the final boss or load a slightly earlier save or something to see all the Content. Might even ring up Bob's Brother tonight and see if he wants to buy me the DLC pack after I've had a couple cold cans.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Hey I finished this and murdered all the postgame super monsters and poo poo yesterday and it owned, more people should play it. Only thing left for me is getting all the gems and poo poo maxed out which I'll probably get to once they actually announce this story dlc thing

Ashera's the best I will brook no argument to the contrary

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Interesting. I was thinking of rolling default classes for lore purposes but there's also too many sick setups once you have everything unlocked. Especially the later healing and tank jobs are way sicker than the starters

I'm like 90 hours in, at the start of the last chapter and haven't yet had an entire party setup I deliberately chose because I'm always swapping people into new classes to unlock stuff lol. It's been fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cried at the finale. Top tier fuckin game.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The ending is so good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

booted this back up to start tackling post game. what all is there to do? I see some new classes and i plan to do any quests i can / max out colony affinities, but is there any story or bonus dungeons or anything? didnt notice immediately from exploring higher level zones or poking around various colonies.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

not like a full story thing, no. off of the top of my head it's mostly

exploring the top level zones
overworld superbosses that you can challenge 10 times each, they get tougher each time, and on 2 separate difficulties
completing the soulhacker list
getting a max level gem or two
and I think there's a challenge mode that will be fully complete in the next dlc wave. haven't done this one yet

in addition to the stuff you said

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Yeah it seemed like the only extra story stuff is just through finishing up character quests. I'm gonna wait for dlc to dive in just like i'm doing with elden ring :tif:

Ftheb
Apr 25, 2014
Spoiler for a cool postgame thing: Melia and Nia both have classes and mastery quests associated with them which is a cool surprise, was really nice to hang out with those characters again.

Was shocked going back to Elden Ring after playing XBC3 and realising Ranni is voiced by the same person as Mio, didn't pick up on it when playing XBC3 initially.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Rubikzzzz/status/1575103459623567361

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

word ty all, I'm having a great time hanging out with everyone at lvl 99 just doing sidequests. They seriously seem to just never run out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Postgame poo poo I know Melia objectively kinda isn't great as a hero because none of the attacker heroes are all that much, but I refuse to stop using her because her BGM override is the best, hands down

Game owns, real stoked for this story dlc