Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

kazil posted:

For the bajillionth time

Elon doesn't have any plan, let alone a super secret, 5d chess one

the plan is clearly gently caress around and if/when twitter collapses flee on a golden parachute consequence free, but for losing his high score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

spunkshui posted:

It’s hilarious because before he did this I was very keen on buying a cyber truck, and now I wouldnt drive one of those loving things if he paid me.

I can’t be the only person lol

$44 billion to make yourself look like a huge dumbfuck.

lol

Why did you want to buy a Hot wheels Car?

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Elon burning down twitter as a gently caress you to...I honestly don't know who is not a plan, it's a 44 billion dollar temper tantrum.

The Woke Mind Virus is his Death Star and one of his dank memes is going to destroy it once and for all while he basks in the adulation of the redpill Alliance. It's a gently caress you to the Empronouner and evil Darth He/Her oppressing society man.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

spunkshui posted:

It’s hilarious because before he did this I was very keen on buying a cyber truck, and now I wouldnt drive one of those loving things if he paid me.

I can’t be the only person lol

$44 billion to make yourself look like a huge dumbfuck.

lol

You are not the only person.
https://twitter.com/whatapityonyou/status/1602728078845022208?s=46&t=ooOVahLGMfkY2XzxfYkZjQ
I’m sure the Tesla shareholders and board are super happy about all the great things their rockstar CEO is doing for the brand. But im not a smart businesser so maybe this is all actually good for Tesla.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Steadiman posted:

You are not the only person.
https://twitter.com/whatapityonyou/status/1602728078845022208?s=46&t=ooOVahLGMfkY2XzxfYkZjQ
I’m sure the Tesla shareholders and board are super happy about all the great things their rockstar CEO is doing for the brand. But im not a smart businesser so maybe this is all actually good for Tesla.

Good for Tesla by making him distracted and not have to have keepers deal with him.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

So me sleeping through sex is satisfying to my partner.

The more you know!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol that people said Musk wasn’t being radicalized.

Dudes being radicalized like a 14 year old on 4chan but as the second richest dude in the world

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

There is no way that Elon Musk has ever given a woman an orgasm

Like there's just no way it's humanly possible

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Congrats in advance to the next mother of a Musk litter.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
being radicalized means your beliefs get worse over time

musk started as an apartheid heir, he was never better than this, he just used to have people who could filter him

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Did this dude's parents actively ward him away from the definition of "sycophant" or has he just given up on any pretense of finding genuine love/connection on merit?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It seems like the plan is to take over a major social media company and use it to spread far-right ideology in America in time for the 2024 elections.

I don't think it's going well, but it's a plan.

That's the pivot. It's a tired meme, but perhaps there's rarely been a better use, I think the "plan" was:
1) buy twitter
2) ????
3) profit

"buy twitter" is, I would say objectively, a less insane sounding path to 3 than "collect underpants", but you still need a whole lot of something to jam into that ???? given that the company overall had long struggled to make much money despite its huge reach.

I would not have guessed that apartheid clyde was as cracked out and dumb as those Azealia Banks posts made him out to be, but, I think it tracks. It would have been a plan to do this if there had been a plan to pivot right without losing shittons of money in the process, or if some shadow PAC had provided the money to do it. By all appearances none of that happened, it's just a rich dickhead stumbling over his hubris so hard he shows the whole world that his head was empty all along.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

Musk has come up with the genius strategy of not paying his bills to save money:

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1...%5Es1_&ref_url=

How much of this is Musk being a suuuuper-geeeeeeenius and how much is firing all of the account department?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

don't have to settle your accounts if there's no accounting dept

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It seems like the plan is to take over a major social media company and use it to spread far-right ideology in America in time for the 2024 elections.

I don't think it's going well, but it's a plan.

It's not going well for Elon in the mid-term, but the long-term he's so rich he'll die pampered in a bed in his sleep. In terms of spreading far-right nonsense? It's going pretty loving well, really.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
would love to hear what spiros transgression was

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

would love to hear what spiros transgression was

He told Musk to keep the lawyer who was reviewing his "Twitter Files" drops. You know, the one that Musk fired and then the next Twit Files revealed that Musk was doing crimes by letting nutcases go through people's private communications.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

mind the walrus posted:

It's not going well for Elon in the mid-term, but the long-term he's so rich he'll die pampered in a bed in his sleep. In terms of spreading far-right nonsense? It's going pretty loving well, really.

To who though?

Zoomers hate Twitter and use Tiktok and Instagram, most young adults see through conservative chud garbage and just see him as a babbling idiot. His idiotic defense of BOOOURNS especially made him look sad. It might work on some other middle age people and crypto bros?

Honestly it's not working on anyone that wasn't already right wing, and honestly the failure that is "The Twitter Files" seemed to mostly discourage the right and make normal people realize this guy is a loving idiot.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Space is cool as gently caress and figuring out how to live in it is cool as gently caress and so what if I want humanity to make it all the way to the end of time then figure out where to go past that.

But this fucker is making both space and environmental stuff uncool from both angles.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Bobcats posted:

Space is cool as gently caress and figuring out how to live in it is cool as gently caress and so what if I want humanity to make it all the way to the end of time then figure out where to go past that.

But this fucker is making both space and environmental stuff uncool from both angles.

counterpoint: humanity doesn't deserve to ruin another planet too. stay the gently caress out of space.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MuscaDomestica posted:

Good for Tesla by making him distracted and not have to have keepers deal with him.

Nah, they're getting tanked by association and now have ZERO means to wrangle him while he's loving around on Elon Musk Presents: Twitter away from their offices and child-wrangling procedures to stop him loving up this bad.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, they're getting tanked by association and now have ZERO means to wrangle him while he's loving around on Elon Musk Presents: Twitter away from their offices and child-wrangling procedures to stop him loving up this bad.

I'm beginning to wonder if elon bought twitter specifically because he realised it'd let him get away from his handlers and run wild.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I still think the plan for all these dweebs was an expected fascist takeover of the USA and having themselves all pardoned / having no laws or agencies to stop them from doing what they're doing.

It's batshit crazy as hell, but it's also Occam's Razor at this point.

They were expecting this to happen in 2020. Then somehow they though a midterm red wave would put them in a position for it. Now they're banking on 2024. They are ignoring laws because they don't expect them to apply to them soon. And considering they're rich and they live in the dumbest country in the world, they'll have like a decade to figure it all out before the American justice system even begins to peek it's head out of it's cavernous and useless rear end.

It's funny how every day for the last months rich people have done some such thing that would put literally any other human being in America in prison or on the streets, yet it's just fine and dandy for rich people to gently caress you, your wife, your kids, steal your job, gently caress you some more, ignore loving everything, poo poo post on the internet, gently caress you, gently caress all their employees, reinstate a Nazi cabal, drink the blood of children, commit multiple genocides, torture animals, have more circle-jerk parties with literal Nazis, plan future insurrections in the very wide open in front of everyone, etc. And despite years and years, and more years, of all of this, here are all the consequences that have happened to the rich and powerful people:

Jelly fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 14, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Epstein is dead

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Epstein is dead
In an underhanded way that yielded absolutely zero consequences for everyone involved. He was murdered to protect powerful pedophiles and it worked.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I think it's fascinating that so called "Futurists" and "Randians" like Musk have latched on to regressive thought because it's a functionally loving dead ideology. Oh sure it's having a resurgence, but Fascism is a has-been of a philosophy that almost everyone knows already loving sucks.

Like there are no NEW ideas in modern day Conservatism at all: nothing

No concepts, no philosophy. No art. No technology. Nothing new is created by conservatives: just the same loving buzzwords and taglines over and over again to sell Reaganism/ racism to Lead Brain olds with a new coat of paint. On the other side of the age gap they try to appeal to younger people by running "Now that's what I call Mein Kampf" over and over again with an an increasingly unhinged stable of wierdos, like a bad late night infomercial before the show you want to watch.

It's so obvious to everyone but them they are a complete joke and have zero appeal out of people that already self-selected for it, but hey you do you guys.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

TulliusCicero posted:

I think it's fascinating that so called "Futurists" and "Randians" like Musk have latched on to regressive thought because it's a functionally loving dead ideology. Oh sure it's having a resurgence, but Fascism is a has-been of a philosophy that almost everyone knows already loving sucks.

Like there are no NEW ideas in modern day Comdervatism at all: nothing
No concepts, no philosophy. No art. No technology. Nothing new is created by conservatives: just the same loving buzzwords and taglines over and over again to sell Reaganism to Lead Brain olds with a new coat of paint. On the other side of the age gap they try to appeal to younger people by running "Now that's what I call Mein Kampf" over and over again with an an increasingly unhinged stable of wierdos, like a bad late night infomercial before the show you want to watch.

It's so obvious to everyone but them they are a complete joke and have zero appeal out of people that already self-selected for it, but hey you do you guys.

The cool thing about beliefs is you can just say whatever. There doesn't need to be any kind of consistency or anything. Many people don't know this!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

To who though?

Zoomers hate Twitter and use Tiktok and Instagram, most young adults see through conservative chud garbage and just see him as a babbling idiot. His idiotic defense of BOOOURNS especially made him look sad. It might work on some other middle age people and crypto bros?

Honestly it's not working on anyone that wasn't already right wing, and honestly the failure that is "The Twitter Files" seemed to mostly discourage the right and make normal people realize this guy is a loving idiot.

It's less that it's creating converts, and more that it's using the existing infrastructure and footprint to promote a lot of insane poo poo, and one thing that gets extremism relative to the established norm accepted is the appearance of normalization. It's why every other internet thread about race, gender, or sexuality you'll invariably find some rear end in a top hat saying "as a black man/as a woman/as a trans person I think that both sides need to be listened to and we are not a monolith." The illusion of consensus is extremely important for getting people to go along with right-wing bullshit, because a sense of cohesion is genuinely more important to most average people anywhere on the political spectrum than actual positions are (as long as it's not "me"), and Twitter still has embeds and button links and is getting used and will continue to get used for that until/unless Elon sells it and new owners dial it back. It's cute now, but we're getting very close to the 2024 election cycle and that's when you'll start to see it getting really bad.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

There are, but they're loving insane. The only reason I can still interact with my (old) dad is I forbid direct political discussion and he never went into the "Vaccines are bad" anti-science bullshit and the "Democrats drink the blood of children" Nazi-propaganda bullshit. He's still a hardcore Republican but he thinks that Q poo poo is stupid and got his jabs. It's like he never left 2016, which was still pretty bad. But all the talking points and dumb poo poo he recycles is still as relevant as it ever was. He just visited and he's still going on about housing costs and black-on-black crime (he has never lived in a place that isn't systematically white). Everything is "both sides", but he was going on about how "nobody wants to work anymore because with unemployment they don't have to". Just old and tired hat. I did enjoy noting that my blue state doesn't seem to have problems with people not wanting to work, and asking him why his red state is struggling with that so much. My sister and I used to give him poo poo for playing the victim all the time (like decades ago even), and it's interesting to later learn that literally represents his entire political party. That's really all it's about. Just being a victimized whiny white male who isn't enjoying the privilege of their slave-owner ancestors.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

new ideas can't really emerge in conservatism since the whole core of the ideology is about adherence to tradition. the last big "new idea" in conservative circles involved bringing back the roman empire and using medieval-style blood libels to fuel moral panic driven nationalism, and it's a "new idea" that happens again and again.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Bobcats posted:

When I was a wee lad, my mum wrote a letter to school so I could go home early to see the first shuttle launch live on TV. I've loved space for as long as I can remember.
Untill this fucker came along.
Bezos and the rest don't help of course, but musk puts his "saving humanity, and Mars within 5 years" stink all over it.
Ruined it. Unforgivable.

I've posted pretty much the same thing before, but the last time he'd also managed to ruin eating rear end somehow. I really wish I could remember how.
Might have to dig through my posts.

Yeah, he is very poo poo and I don't like him.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

When Musk first entered my radar I was swept into the dumb with a lot of people. Mostly, I was just excited that the private sector was getting realistically involved with space travel, and perhaps that's still a good thing.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

mind the walrus posted:

Did this dude's parents actively ward him away from the definition of "sycophant" or has he just given up on any pretense of finding genuine love/connection on merit?
You know he's the type who thinks "love isn't real, it's just brain chemicals, I'm such a genius that I see through the illusion." Probably would have fallen in hard with the incel crowd if his money didn't give him access to celebrity women.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You know he's the type who thinks "love isn't real, it's just brain chemicals, I'm such a genius that I see through the illusion." Probably would have fallen in hard with the incel crowd if his money didn't give him access to celebrity women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nkqs1ytLA

love isn't real unless you can produce more offspring that you don't care about

also hilarious in light of the horse incident

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

plain old reactionary "things were better in the old days when Leave it to Beaver was real life" conservatism sure but modern anglophone rightwingers are generally tied up in all kinds of mad science/psychonaut/computer worship garbage that doesn't map to any kind of real-world tradition. Really the only consistent ideological throughline there is scams.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 14, 2022

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

plain old reactionary "things were better in the old days when Leave it to Beaver was real life" conservatism sure but modern anglophone rightwingers are generally tied up in all kinds of mad science/psychonaut/we need to care Very Deeply about the 30 billion Jupiter colonists i imagined live in the year 7000 garbage that doesn't map to any kind of real-world tradition.

in a way that thread of conservatism follows in the footsteps of norse revivalist/hollow earth/thule society fascism and some of the precursors that can be found in 19th century occultist groups like theosophical society, rosicrucians, golden dawn etc

also a lot of the crazy poo poo that far right people talk about is them getting confused about their own dog whistle terms and taking them literally. e.g. the "reptilian" conspiracy, which started out as a dog whistle term for jews but thanks to internet culture there is also now a subsegment of people who believe in a race of literal reptile aliens that have infiltrated humanity.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 14, 2022

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
you guys mock the term, but I was infected by the woke mind virus, and it changed my life forever. before infection, I was a staunch Republican man living out my days in middle America. I had missionary sex once a decade for procreation only,
as good Americans should.

now I'm a smoking hot redhead named Sasha, with a passion for saving the whales and moving my rear end on the dance floor. Elon, how do I get my old life back?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

PITY BONER posted:

People forgot that Musk was very open about believing that we're all living in a simulation. Paired with reality creation beliefs, Musk is simply trying to game the system for us NPCs since he is the Main Character. The closest one can get to acting on a "simulation" here is being a billionaire, and I have no idea what his end goal is here anymore. Either way, we're all just a bunch of useless NPCs to him.

honestly this. he is mad that the world "updated" and "expanded" in ways he didnt like and because he has enough Good boy points or whatever, he thinks he can just buy people into making him into being big loved RPG hero. real life isnt a bioware/Bethesda game, its disco Elysium and a bit of cyberpunk. its about living and doing the good you can do with the power you have.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

plain old reactionary "things were better in the old days when Leave it to Beaver was real life" conservatism sure but modern anglophone rightwingers are generally tied up in all kinds of mad science/psychonaut/computer worship garbage that doesn't map to any kind of real-world tradition. Really the only consistent ideological throughline there is scams.

yeah i think alot of it also the weird 80s nostalgia too. all these freaks peaked then(just like many of us on this site are now i guess) and they think if everything is just like then, then they will be happy again.

TulliusCicero posted:

No concepts, no philosophy. No art. No technology. Nothing new is created by conservatives: just the same loving buzzwords and taglines over and over again to sell Reaganism/ racism to Lead Brain olds with a new coat of paint. On the other side of the age gap they try to appeal to younger people by running "Now that's what I call Mein Kampf" over and over again with an an increasingly unhinged stable of wierdos, like a bad late night infomercial before the show you want to watch.

yeah basicaly. alot of its just remixed bullshit from different periods of time and scratch it enough and you get alot of them wanting strong daddy divine right of king to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

turns out everything he hears now is boos because the doctors hated him as did the growing sapient AI in the chip.