Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liara is the worst choice you could make besides Ashley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

STEEEEEEEVE

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Judge Tesla posted:

Poor Reggie wanting to keep his dating options open but going with Liara anyway.

iirc Man Shep's options are just Liara, Tali, Kaiden/Ashley and Steve right?

Traynor and Diana are the other on-ship ones, but there are more of the ME2 continuing romances.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
There's an ME3 mission where you can upgrade your medigel, which actually gives different rewards depending on if you have Chakwas or Chloe as your ship doctor. The upgrades roll forward into NG+ so it's actually "optimal" if you want both upgrades to pick whoever you didn't take on NG+. That's the only real difference between the two of them, if you have no emotional investment in Chakwas for some reason. And I guess Reggie is in a position to have that reason, since he only secondhand absorbed any attachment from Chakwas through 2. It'll make his playthrough distinct at least.

Judge Tesla posted:

Poor Reggie wanting to keep his dating options open but going with Liara anyway.

iirc Man Shep's options are just Liara, Tali, Kaiden/Ashley and Steve right?

Those are the only ones Reggie can do, yeah. Manshep can also carry forward romances with Miranda, Jack, and Kelly (along with Tali) from 2.

Femshep gets Liara, Kaidan (Ashley did not decide to be bisexual between games), and Samantha Traynor. Plus Kelly or Garrus, if she romanced one of them in 2. Thane technically carries forward but he dies so it's not treated as a "real" romance for the trophy. And Jacob cheats on you and his new girlfriend is pregnant so you can't restart a romance with him.

Besides that either Shep can have a fling with Diana Allers, but in-universe she's not treating as a serious romance option so you wouldn't get the trophy.

Femshep does get a couple one night stand options in the Citadel DLC if she has nobody else (Javik and James), and either Shepard can also have a night with Samara if you were thirsting for her and goody two shoes enough for her in 2.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Pennsylvanian posted:

Traynor and Diana are the other on-ship ones, but there are more of the ME2 continuing romances.

I don't think Traynor can be romanced by Man Shep, I believe she's a gay option for FemShep.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Oh god ME3 is gonna be a slog. Was hoping they’d do Menae and then From Ashes and associated conversations, but they’ve only done Menae, talked to Victus, got EDI, talked to Liara and Garrus, read emails, and now reading the codex.

It’s gonna be a long time if they keep a similar pace.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

theCalamity posted:

Oh god ME3 is gonna be a slog. Was hoping they’d do Menae and then From Ashes and associated conversations, but they’ve only done Menae, talked to Victus, got EDI, talked to Liara and Garrus, read emails, and now reading the codex.

It’s gonna be a long time if they keep a similar pace.

Hopefully they'll do From Ashes next stream at least?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh no somebody gave woolie a Richard Dawkins book

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Pat playing Dwarf Fortress was mostly him getting stressed out like when he played Kenshin except he was doing sort of well instead of dying in the desert slowly. He said it felt worse, so that sucks, but he certainly tried.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie

Woolie

HOW are you still talking about Scalebound

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Liara has the personality of a pair of Ugg boots.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I like Liara but I much rather have the bashing on her than the weird "if you like Tali you're a pedophile" discourse from back in the day

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Rody One Half posted:

Oh no somebody gave woolie a Richard Dawkins book

Oh no. This seems like a dangerous thing to give Woolie.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Brightman posted:

Pat playing Dwarf Fortress was mostly him getting stressed out like when he played Kenshin except he was doing sort of well instead of dying in the desert slowly. He said it felt worse, so that sucks, but he certainly tried.

That’s a bummer as the steam release is sick as hell, but I can see how it could play hell on someone with his brain goblins.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Yeah games like dwarf fortress are poison to people with extreme OCD like Pat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
does he at least appreciate it for the intricate marvel it is, even if it's not really for someone like him

edit: his reaction to just generating the world is immaculate in itself

I wonder if encountering DF through something like Boatmurdered or Kruggsmash would be a better introduction to him than just...going in blind

like his remark of "I looked at it once and I might as well have been reading Matrix Code" is spot on for most people

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Dec 14, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Woolie watching The Thing and then near immediately threatening Pat with the test for the whole Wi-Fi thing had me wheeze-laughing so godsdamned hard.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Dec 14, 2022

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I like Liara but I much rather have the bashing on her than the weird "if you like Tali you're a pedophile" discourse from back in the day

Ok but here is the math equation for how tali's sweat tastes:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Lol at wifi Potemkin pat

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Just in time for the wifi indicator too!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Apparently Pat is claiming to have "the good wi-fi"

spoken like a true wifi warrior.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Oxyclean posted:

Apparently Pat is claiming to have "the good wi-fi"

spoken like a true wifi warrior.

He has WiFi 6 which should be more consistent than older versions of wifi. The ps5 DOES support wifi 6 so it's not like he thinks he's using it and falling back on 2.4gh or 5ghz wifi.

It's still wifi though so like it'll probably have some issues here and there compared to wired under normal conditions. It's still probably less hassle than him digging a 100 foot + trench for an ethernet cable to go from one building to another just to play fighting games with his wife, cat, and dog the correct way.

Woolie: get your rear end back in the office to play fighting games. You don't need to see your wife, cat or dog. Fighting games.
Pat: No.
Woolie: Okay we're doing the thing test right now. Get me some blood and a needle

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Woolie freaking out and spending nearly half an hour ranting non stop about Pat joining the wi-fi side was the funniest segment for a while.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Warbird posted:

That’s a bummer as the steam release is sick as hell, but I can see how it could play hell on someone with his brain goblins.

He kept it paused so much trying to get all the dwarves doing stuff in an optimal way that after about 3 and a half hours he had only made it to early autumn.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Playing optimally imo /s

It takes a bit for people to get to the point and grock it but real dorffin is designing elaborate means to dump nobles, elf’s, and migrants into magma pools and taking a staunch “lol, lmao” stance to things in general.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
It was more that he was trying to effectively crunch them, and then complaining that beds weren't built during the minute of time he wasn't paused in a ten minute span. It's hard to describe partly because Pat was having a hard time explaining himself.

I hope he comes back to it in his own time kinda like he did with Satisfaction but I think that clicked with him initially and then next time he showed it off he basically had a mega base already.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
He's moving on to trying others for now

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1603095949769072640

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope he gives stellaris a try at some point. That might be a streamline enough game that his goblins won't overtake him.

Also while I'm asking for things that will never happen, I hope he goes back to like he said and plays through the entirety of subnautica

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

pat would probably enjoy adventure mode alot more if that ever comes out

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Subnautica did just have a big 2.0 update. Might be enough of an excuse to revisit but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Regular subnautica? What'd they do, I'm guessing just optimization and improved popin etc?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Fixed hundreds of bugs and added building parts from below zero. I'm not sure of all the details, just saw the update blog pop-up in my steam library.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

https://twitter.com/failnaut/status/1603097633958002689

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Not gonna lie that's a pretty good own

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's a good and funny tweet imo

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Monathin posted:

Not gonna lie that's a pretty good own

Andrast posted:

That's a good and funny tweet imo

the coward deleted their tweet, it wasn't an intentional own.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 15, 2022

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
oh god woolie spending 20 minutes reading one single Mordin shadow broker note and inventing new incorrect lore about him and the genophage

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

the coward deleted their tweet, it wasn't an intentional own.

https://twitter.com/Des_Subari/status/1603096487155605506

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

man i searched through that thread like 3 times and couldn't find the response. coward insult rescinded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The lore of Wifi Warrior Pat deepens
https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1603504163413192705