Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Any negatives he had in his character is canceled out by having the courage to say the truth in that candy corn is garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
In conclusion Mike Leach is a land of contrasts

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Ches Neckbeard posted:

In conclusion Mike Leach is a land of contrasts

:yeah:

you can do cool stuff like make fun offenses and be funny in interviews while still being dumb and bad and ugly in many other ways, but just cause you’re dead don’t mean the latter gets paved over

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I feel like the venn diagram between people who loudly declare how much they hate candy corn and people who say Die Hard is their favorite Christmas movie is just a circle.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

General Dog posted:

I don't think Leach's politics are especially relevant to his legacy, and to say "well he supported [x], so he's a good/bad person" is also kind of a facile way of looking at things. If there's a black mark to be discussed, the way he treated his players (especially in the press) is probably the more pressing issue.

Considering vax-skeptical chud is probably the default mindset among CFB coaches, I agree.

If Craig James and his son weren’t such idiots, they could have destroyed his career based on the abuse alone.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Relevant to this:
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1602815151748665345?t=WVunOSGkrIDooPbsKkNAWA&s=19

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
https://twitter.com/BoilerFootball/status/1602818774893223936?s=20&t=CQpS4Fgee8V6QYrRZTjBEw

First thing Walters did was ask "Where's Devin?"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:thunk:

olives black posted:

Sometimes I really like it when people die. It puts a smile on my :smith: and a spring in my step.

Like the fuckhead in this GIF:

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1602745743801843712

Made it to 61, which is way too long. Still, he's dead now. Which is good.

Post in this thread when assholes die. Talk about how glad you are that they're dead, how their decomposing carcasses are being pumped full of embalming fluid/tossed into a furnace/left out for the coyotes/etc., and how their families loathed their existences.

In the interest of keeping this thread tight, let's only post right after people die, okay? Let's keep the schadenfreude served hot. :) Let's limit it to, say, only people who died this decade. Recent deaths preferred, though.

Also, only post assholes in this thread. They must have been making the world an objectively worse place through bigotry/disease denialism/mass murder/etc. right up until they died.

I will update the OP with a list of the dead assholes as they are contributed.

:hb: Dead Assholes :hb:

Mike Leach - 2022-12-12
Kirstie Alley - 2022-12-05
Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka - 2021-11-09
Rush Limbaugh - 2021-02-17
Herman Cain - 2020-07-30

:thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

General Dog posted:

I feel like the venn diagram between people who loudly declare how much they hate candy corn and people who say Die Hard is their favorite Christmas movie is just a circle.

Die Hard is my favorite action Christmas movie and I love candy corn, although I like Indian candy corn more (I'm pretty they renamed it, but I don't know what to). And those pumpkins that are like candy corn. What were we talking about again?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Yeah for what it's worth, my hyper-liberal feed has had had zero people with that viewpoint! Lots of appropriate stuff about how he was complicated and not 100% full of roses, but zero happy that he's dead.

Which is also funny, because of the video linked earlier, he wouldn't care about it anyways because he's dead!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think we can still produce our own bad takes, things aren’t so dire we have to import them.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Considering we watch college football, we’re all accustomed to a certain level of rear end in a top hat. You really gotta try hard to stand out as an rear end in a top hat amongst a lot of these coaches. Leach was just a quirky rear end in a top hat, not sure he did anything that bad that elevates him too much. Certainly no Dabo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

In a lot of ways, disregarding his stance on compensation (which is ultimately irrelevant), Dabo is probably one of the best players’ coaches there is. The players seem to genuinely love playing for him as evidenced by how few guys transfer out, he’s quick to take blame himself rather than throwing his guys under the bus, etc.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Thanks for linking me to a GBS post, I haven't been to that hellscape in 5 years

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

:yeah:

you can do cool stuff like make fun offenses and be funny in interviews while still being dumb and bad and ugly in many other ways, but just cause you’re dead don’t mean the latter gets paved over
I agree with this.

Mega64 posted:

Any negatives he had in his character is canceled out by having the courage to say the truth in that candy corn is garbage.
This, however, I cannot abide.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I know it isn't quite the offseason yet, but we've hit a new low if we're going to argue over candy corn rather than barbecue

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Wait Lowtax is dead? I knew about the issues that led to the change of ownership, but drat how I missed this given I visit this site daily. I guess I stick to the sub forums too much (GBS I hardly ever visit).

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't like candy corn being used as a decorative feature on a cupcake, but don't mind them on a regular cake.

Although I don't really like cupcakes anyhow. I don't like a muffin sometimes. I prefer croissants for a light breakfast. Especially chocolate ones. I had a good one in Positano. Had Nutella inside. Magical. Everything about Positano is magical.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

nate fisher posted:

Wait Lowtax is dead? I knew about the issues that led to the change of ownership, but drat how I missed this given I visit this site daily. I guess I stick to the sub forums too much (GBS I hardly ever visit).

You missed a roller coaster ride of a thread

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

nate fisher posted:

yeah he ate too much gold belly and he burst open, covering the friend's couch he was living on in expensive, barely chewed cookies

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I didn’t know it was possible to NOT know Lowtax was dead.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

Mangosteen overdose

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I do wonder if I blocked it mentally since suicide bothers me in a way that might cause me to block a memory. I am now disturbed that I can’t 100% for sure say that I never heard this before despite the fact 15 minutes I would have swore he was alive. I don’t trust my own memory anymore.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I totally forgot Lowtax committed suicide.

On one hand, I know how absolutely wretched he was to his wives. But either directly or indirectly, Lowtax had a huge impact on my life. I made or developed a number of IRL friends at Penn State through mutual love of SA.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lowtax, a friend of mine (who was also a goon), and my dog all died within a 30-day span last year. That was a hell of a month.

RIP Mike Leach. You were an rear end in a top hat, but in an industry with a lot of assholes you stood apart from the rest for a myriad of reasons.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

nate fisher posted:

He mastered the Pistol Offense.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Komet posted:

I totally forgot Lowtax committed suicide.

On one hand, I know how absolutely wretched he was to his wives. But either directly or indirectly, Lowtax had a huge impact on my life. I made or developed a number of IRL friends at Penn State through mutual love of SA.

that many mods went to penn state?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

this poo poo owns

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Waifu Radia posted:

This tracks

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Crazy Ted posted:

:drat:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Waifu Radia posted:

Weren't you tut-tutting people for making sexual assault jokes like a month ago

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I just found out about Mike Leach. :rip: to a real one.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
The one IRL friend I had that I met through SA died a couple years ago. He was much cooler than Lowtax but less influential.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Waifu Radia posted:

I assume Aatrek was one

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
e: changed my mind about that joke.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thread's been weird for a few days. Hope the offseason isn't this bad

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Depends who dies

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Learned this from an Athletic article

quote:

Leach absolutely should go in the College Football Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, though, the HOF has an arbitrary requirement for coaches that they hold a .600 career winning percentage to be eligible (it’s the reason Howard Schnellenberger has never been inducted), and Leach’s is .596. He was 158-107. If he’d won just one more game to be at 159-106, guess what his win percentage would be? Yep, .600.

What a weird line to draw

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

fast cars loose anus posted:

Learned this from an Athletic article

What a weird line to draw

HOF voters/rules kinda suck. like baseball nerds having a concept of being 'first ballot worthy'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Crazy Ted posted: