Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

HootTheOwl posted:

Maybe it's because my wife has medical issues but I don't know why the artificial womb is dystopian.

The guy who said it was dystopian retweets Andrew Tate and Elon Musk, and thinks that Britney Griner was a deep state agent and that accusations of abuse against US military personnel are largely falsified.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yes everyone supports a maximally idealized version of it, but its existence in reality would almost never match it. In hellworld (late class society) it would be used to, instead, do active conscious harm (already demonstrated).

I mean like 75% of this thread's content is about how technological innovations that by default should be good (things that make human labor more efficient) are distorted by our legal and economic systems to impoverish rather than enrich us. Like all of us think it'd be cool if people didn't have to work, but every thing we do that would enable that instead just increases homelessness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

christmas boots posted:

Only one person's suffering is valid and by god I won't rest until I've found out who
you already know the answer. our lord and savior, jesus christ

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

https://twitter.com/burger_enjoyer/status/1602397238541619203#m

lol

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
lol seo was always damaging because it's not about "helping companies talk to machines better" it's straight up just "how do we make our thing pop up before literally anything else no matter what people ask to see?", ie how can we turn all search engines into useless garbage

having ai do it all start to finish is going to make the decline faster but it was already happening

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Soz but I just glossed over all the "kill folks or not, idk?" discussion.

People have an inherent right to die, it is up to the individual.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
turns out it's more complicated than that because for some loving reason governments can't manage to find a middle ground between "helping someone to die without pain is illegal even if it's what they want" and "we legalised euthanasia in an openly cynical attempt to reduce the amount of public money we have to spend on care"

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

rko posted:

I feel like there’s a version of this conversation that was mutually supportive instead of bafflingly competitive and lovely, good lord everybody.

I'm starting to think you just don't get cyberpunk

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Abongination posted:

Soz but I just glossed over all the "kill folks or not, idk?" discussion.

People have an inherent right to die, it is up to the individual.

If you don't think we're heading for the dystopia so lovely you're not even allowed to die, I've got such sights to show you.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

BrotherJayne posted:

I'm starting to think you just don't get cyberpunk

this is a legitimately good one-liner but I thought about it and aren’t Case and Hiro and the rest of the cyberpunk gang pretty loyal teammates, often succeeding only through the reliable efforts of their comrades offline?

Being a team player is cyberpunk as hell

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

rko posted:

this is a legitimately good one-liner but I thought about it and aren’t Case and Hiro and the rest of the cyberpunk gang pretty loyal teammates, often succeeding only through the reliable efforts of their comrades offline?

Case's team was a bunch of unstable nutjobs who were motivated mostly by the rewards offered.

And just 'cause you can be a team player doesn't mean you're all that concerned with being nice to randos online.

I play along with a team really well, and I'm the best at what I do. Want to see that side of me? Give me something I want.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

rko posted:

NGL that occurred to me, I opted to just post anyhow.

Close comrades are indeed very cyberpunk (though so is betrayal)

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

uber_stoat posted:

my brain is constantly talking to me and most of the time i wish it would stop.

only way to shut it up is compulsively read forum posts

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:nsa:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

A.I.

Can't say I'm too fussed about SEO being automated

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Lol posting is going to be automated too

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

that's completely wrong?

oh its shrike lol

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

cybernetics is when you use computers and robots

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Cybernetic capitalism is just the stuff Nick Land and the CCRU were pumping out while tweaked out of their heads on speed in the 90s (not dunking on you Zodium - but have you ready any of their stuff? Shame Land became a nazi or w/e). Maybe it even goes back to Deleuze & Guattari or something idk

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
stfu shrike

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

multistability posted:

Cybernetic capitalism is just the stuff Nick Land and the CCRU were pumping out while tweaked out of their heads on speed in the 90s (not dunking on you Zodium - but have you ready any of their stuff? Shame Land became a nazi or w/e). Maybe it even goes back to Deleuze & Guattari or something idk

lmfao yes shrike, i have read land and deleuze and guattari. jesus christ. shut the gently caress up you perennial freshman.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/TheView/status/1602453244248301570?s=20&t=WPIrpe1FvUe-NkwPZpQbIA

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Renaissance Robot posted:

turns out it's more complicated than that because for some loving reason governments can't manage to find a middle ground between "helping someone to die without pain is illegal even if it's what they want" and "we legalised euthanasia in an openly cynical attempt to reduce the amount of public money we have to spend on care"

other governments than the us and canadian one exist

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

HootTheOwl posted:

Maybe it's because my wife has medical issues but I don't know why the artificial womb is dystopian.

not by itself, but
https://spectrum.ieee.org/bionic-eye-obsolete

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

nevermind

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

turning myself into an AI elf for tiktok

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

ekuNNN posted:

other governments than the us and canadian one exist

they should all stop :anarchists:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

BrotherJayne posted:

I'm starting to think you just don't get somethingawfuldotnet

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Renaissance Robot posted:

they should all stop :anarchists:
:hmmyes:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
space marines, controlled by google assistant

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

the thing that popped into my head recently is that there is giant collection of tagged images of specific humans one of these could be trained against.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

good

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

HootTheOwl posted:

I couldn't stand for a week without wanting to violently vomit
E: and years later if I move just right I still can feel where they nicked a nerve

:rolleyes: LOL ya I'm sure

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I got a spinal tap and now I have strange fibers growing from my unbroken skin!!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

...are you ok?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The line about "this is gonna be used by Japan to fix their population problem" is lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzrE1K0FGLw

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
What do you mean people still don't want children??? We even gave them nice artificial wombs????

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
how do they plan on making women's boobs bigger still if the pregnancy is happening in a pod??

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

how do they plan on making women's boobs bigger still if the pregnancy is happening in a pod??

There's medication you can take for that (progesterone)

Give it a shot op

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

There's medication you can take for that (progesterone)

Give it a shot op

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I got a spinal tap and now I have strange fibers growing from my unbroken skin!!

why are you comparing the possibility of nerve damage from a spinal tap to morgellons 'disease'? There have been 100% been cases of people suffering permanent damage to their spinal cord from stuff like spinal taps or epidurals. They even mention it on the surgical consent form you have to sign before getting one.