Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Koishi Komeiji posted:

houston rapper Kyle the Hooligan who is suing Brandon Le the tech bro who created Meka for not paying him

both of those people are not white guys though

btw the guy in that picture appears to be chris travers, founder of offbeat media, who it seems interviewed those guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Thanks for assuaging any potential concerns about this very cool and necessary thing. It's definitely okay on all levels

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I spent 20 minutes finding this tweet.
https://twitter.com/kochsister/status/1254150786113851399?s=61&t=ceknukdNQAY4h5Dz387Maw

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Pimpy, the inbred hustle culture pitbull company mascot

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Rather than lead his supporters to the Capitol, Trump instead chose to simply watch them on TV and jam out to this banger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krRcJLFVDfA

I ask of you, has there ever been a funnier person

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

Rather than lead his supporters to the Capitol, Trump instead chose to simply watch them on TV and jam out to this banger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krRcJLFVDfA

I ask of you, has there ever been a funnier person

he didn't wanna walk to the capitol lol

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

he didn't wanna walk to the capitol lol

Wasn't he going to drive The Beast but the Secret Service wouldn't give him the keys? I hope I'm not confabulating that.

One of my favorite Trump anecdotes pre-presidency is him driving his own limo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Futanari Damacy posted:

Wasn't he going to drive The Beast but the Secret Service wouldn't give him the keys? I hope I'm not confabulating that.

One of my favorite Trump anecdotes pre-presidency is him driving his own limo

Specifically he tried to physically wrest the controls from the burly serviceman who was not driving to active treason, it's reported.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Dick Cheney shot a person in the face, who then apologized for being shot

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Project veritas' pimp disguise.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Come on, you can't just say pimp disguise and not post the picture

No wonder he fooled them. He had the walking cane and everything. The man is like a chameleon.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Why is it just the lady on the left censored?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
That's Hillary Clinton. Risking her displeasure is just too dangerous.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
They loving defunded acorn because of that idiot

Edit: typo, originally said "they loving defended acorn"

Lol!!! Can you imagine??

WHY BONER NOW has issued a correction as of 21:55 on Dec 14, 2022

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

it was one of the very first things obama did in 2009

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I'm reminded of that Rolling Stone series of articles about the extremely lurid frat house sexual assault that set off a lot of folks bullshit detectors, and ended up being totally fabricated.

The final defense of the folks claiming it had been real was that it was "false, but accurate".

The subsequent report by Steve Coll, Dean of the Colombia School of Journalism and author of Ghost Wars, The Bin Ladens, and Private Empire, is a loving nightmare trip about journalistic sourcing, media literacy, and culpability in reporting

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/rolling-stone-and-uva-the-columbia-university-graduate-school-of-journalism-report-44930/

quote:

On Dec. 5, following Erdely’s early-morning declaration that she had lost confidence in her sourcing, Rolling Stone posted an editor’s note on its website that effectively withdrew the magazine’s reporting on Jackie’s case.

The note was composed and published hastily. The editors had heard that The Washington Post intended to publish a story that same day calling the magazine’s reporting into question. They had also heard that Phi Kappa Psi would release a statement disputing some of Rolling Stone‘s account. Dana said there was no time to conduct a “forensic investigation” into the story’s issues. He wrote the editor’s note “very quickly” and “under a lot of pressure.”

He posted it at about noon, under his signature. “In the face of new information, there now appear to be discrepancies in Jackie’s account, and we have come to the conclusion that our trust in her was misplaced,” it read. That language deflected blame from the magazine to its subject and it attracted yet more criticism. Dana said he rued his initial wording. “I was pretty freaked out,” he said. “I regretted using that phrase pretty quickly.” Early that evening, he changed course in a series of tweets. “That failure is on us – not on her,” he wrote. A revised editor’s note, using similar language, appeared the next day.

Yet the final version still strained to defend Rolling Stone‘s performance. It said that Jackie’s friends and student activists at UVA “strongly supported her account.” That implied that these friends had direct knowledge of the reported rape. In fact, the students supported Jackie as a survivor, friend and fellow campus reformer. They had heard her story, but they could not independently confirm it.

The collapse of “A Rape on Campus” does not involve the kinds of fabrication by reporters that have occurred in some other infamous cases of journalistic meltdown. In 2003, the New York Times reporter Jayson Blair resigned after editors concluded that he had invented stories from whole cloth. In February, NBC News suspended anchor Brian Williams after he admitted that he told tall tales about his wartime reporting in Iraq. There is no evidence in Erdely’s materials or from interviews with her subjects that she invented facts; the problem was that she relied on what Jackie told her without vetting its accuracy.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The first law ever passed by the Australian parliament after federation was the White Australia Act

edit: no, it wasn't. Man I'm striking out today

Kazzah has issued a correction as of 09:02 on Dec 15, 2022

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Minecraft Holmes posted:

it was one of the very first things obama did in 2009

the 2008 election was the first time I really let myself get emotionally invested in politics and I was super excited when Obama won, the ACORN thing was the first thing that made me start to wonder if the guy actaully sucks, at the time I rationalised it as naive cowardice rather than intentional evil but in hindsight I think he just hated the idea of helping poor people vote.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I mean it helped Dems win and if I've learned anything they don't want that

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
That Supermajority was like an albacore around their neck.

(Lol'ing remembering how little they got done with said Supermajority on purpose)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
That sounds like a nice way to enjoy a delicious snack.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

the 2008 election was the first time I really let myself get emotionally invested in politics and I was super excited when Obama won, the ACORN thing was the first thing that made me start to wonder if the guy actaully sucks, at the time I rationalised it as naive cowardice rather than intentional evil but in hindsight I think he just hated the idea of helping poor people vote.

that really is the crux of the matter and why he was so willing to see the movement that got him elected fall away to nothing

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

bedpan posted:

that really is the crux of the matter and why he was so willing to see the movement that got him elected fall away to nothing

and why he had to make sure that Bernie didn't win the 2020 primary

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this exchange

quote:

You keep talking also about collective punishment and killing innocent people to force governments to change their policies; you call this terrorism when someone would kill innocent people or civilians in order to force the government to change its policies. Well, when you were the first one who invented this terrorism.

You were the first one who killed innocent people, and you are the first one who introduced this type of terrorism to the history of mankind when you dropped an atomic bomb which killed tens of thousands of women and children in Japan and when you killed over a hundred thousand people, most of them civilians, in Tokyo with fire bombings. You killed them by burning them to death. And you killed civilians in Vietnam with chemicals as with the so-called Orange agent. You killed civilians and innocent people, not soldiers, innocent people every single war you went. You went to wars more than any other country in this century, and then you have the nerve to talk about killing innocent people.

And now you have invented new ways to kill innocent people. You have so-called economic embargo which kills nobody other than children and elderly people, and which other than Iraq you have been placing the economic embargo on Cuba and other countries for over 35 years. ... The Government in its summations and opening statement said that I was a terrorist. Yes, I am a terrorist and I am proud of it. And I support terrorism so long as it was against the United States Government and against Israel, because you are more than terrorists; you are the one who invented terrorism and using it every day. You are liars, butchers, and hypocrites.

the judge posted:

Ramzi Yousef, you claim to be an Islamic militant. Of all the persons killed or harmed in some way by the World Trade Center bomb, you cannot name one who was against you or your cause. You did not care, just so long as you left dead bodies and people hurt.

Ramzi Yousef, you are not fit to uphold Islam. Your God is death. Your God is not Allah ...

You weren't seeking conversions. The only thing you wanted to do was to cause death. Your God is not Allah. You worship death and destruction. What you do, you do not for Allah; you do it only to satisfy your own twisted sense of ego.

You would have others believe that you are a soldier, but the attacks on civilization for which you stand convicted here were sneak attacks which sought to kill and maim totally innocent people ...

You, Ramzi Yousef, came to this country pretending to be an Islamic fundamentalist, but you cared little or nothing for Islam or the faith of the Muslims. Rather, you adored not Allah, but the evil that you yourself have become. And I must say that as an apostle of evil, you have been most effective.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Is this too cringe for this thread? I like the songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGlBv8Z3NU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Obama's biggest controversy was that time he wore a tan suit! :dumb: Also what's MSF

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mawarannahr posted:

this exchange

Ok now post the version not written by Sorkin.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Futanari Damacy posted:

Obama's biggest controversy was that time he wore a tan suit! :dumb: Also what's MSF

It stands for "Marvel Strike Force." It's a free to play mobile game based on the Marvel comics characters. I've never played, but it looks like it has some mixed, but generally positive, reviews on the play store.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

bedpan posted:

but wait i thought he was a Community Organizer was i lied to

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It stands for "Marvel Strike Force." It's a free to play mobile game based on the Marvel comics characters. I've never played, but it looks like it has some mixed, but generally positive, reviews on the play store.

Lies

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

Médecins Sans Fortifications

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Kitfox88 posted:

Médecins Sans Fortifications

not sure if this is a joke isn't it 'sans frontieres' which is 'without borders'

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yes the joke is they have no fortifications because Obama obombed their hospital for hours.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I thought it was very drole

e: the play on the abbreviation not the hospital strike

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i always figured MSF was a front for french intelligence and it's why militaries often bomb them when they set up in a war zone

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

Ok now post the version not written by Sorkin.

ramm’s right

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
How about Gordon Ramzi Yousef, the terrorist chef

Imagine that was a thing that existed and you just remembered it. Lol

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Spergin Morlock posted:

i always figured MSF was a front for french intelligence and it's why militaries often bomb them when they set up in a war zone

MSF is a front for Big Boss who himself is a front for the deep state that wants to use the deeper state to fight the deepest state.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

War and Pieces posted:

MSF is a front for Big Boss who himself is a front for the deep state that wants to use the deeper state to fight the deepest state.

MSF is a CIA op?

Boss, they played us like a drat fiddle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009