Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1602985452943835136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

If you want to survive post-impact winter have you tried hugging your mammal for warmth

Yours sincerely,
Your gas company

(ps. looking forward to digging you back up)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Vine is one of the dimmest, most credulous people in broadcast media, and that’s saying something.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

smellmycheese posted:

Vine is one of the dimmest, most credulous people in broadcast media, and that’s saying something.

I think he realised when introducing it that it was a wind up.

I'm convinced some of his stupidity is an act to allow him to do his job

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

smellmycheese posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1586844713373646854

We do not have their best and brightest.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think he realised when introducing it that it was a wind up.

I'm convinced some of his stupidity is an act to allow him to do his job

Vine is exposed to the absolute psychosis of both the British media class and the parts of the British public who would phone into Jeremy Vine. The fact the man isn't eating his own face crazy is a testament to his resilience.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I imagine this must affect Sex Arses too

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mick Lynch is just edging the entire country, the filthy bugger.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Cats are not solitary creatures. They also aren't dogs, and at the cat rescue where I volunteer there are multiple stories of people who are baffled because they constantly misread cat behaviour (no your cat was not happily wagging her tail then bit you out of the blue, please take 2 minutes to learn what cat tail twitching means). A cat that has bonded with you will sit with its back to you, because they trust you not to attack from behind. It's the same the reason cats sleep on your bed or curled up with other cats. They expect at least one member of the group to be alert enough to notice danger, and given the number of goons in this thread who apparently wake up every 20 seconds durng the night, they might be on to something. If you suddenly aren't there, that security has gone and it unsettles them. Abandoned cats will continue to hang around an empty house waiting for their owner to come back and eventually stop looking after themselves properly because they're miserable. It's daft to anthropomorphize animals, but they do love and miss you in their own way, and I don't think that should be dismissed because it's not the same as humans love and miss people.

Ideally for a single cat there should be someone spending an hour a day with them if you're gone for longer than 48 hours.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

I imagine this must affect Sex Arses too

All the agonies you suffer
You can end with one good whack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UMhh7myVDQ

Lady Demelza posted:

Cats are not solitary creatures. They also aren't dogs
Top scientists agree

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Lady Demelza posted:

Cats are not solitary creatures. They also aren't dogs, and at the cat rescue where I volunteer there are multiple stories of people who are baffled because they constantly misread cat behaviour (no your cat was not happily wagging her tail then bit you out of the blue, please take 2 minutes to learn what cat tail twitching means). A cat that has bonded with you will sit with its back to you, because they trust you not to attack from behind. It's the same the reason cats sleep on your bed or curled up with other cats. They expect at least one member of the group to be alert enough to notice danger, and given the number of goons in this thread who apparently wake up every 20 seconds durng the night, they might be on to something. If you suddenly aren't there, that security has gone and it unsettles them. Abandoned cats will continue to hang around an empty house waiting for their owner to come back and eventually stop looking after themselves properly because they're miserable. It's daft to anthropomorphize animals, but they do love and miss you in their own way, and I don't think that should be dismissed because it's not the same as humans love and miss people.

Ideally for a single cat there should be someone spending an hour a day with them if you're gone for longer than 48 hours.

I don't even have a cat or know much about them but trying to figure out what it means online I get the below:

quote:

Cats twitch the end of their tails when they are hunting and playing, as well as when they are mildly irritated and frustrated.

Which seems a bit all over the place.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/nonce_community/status/1599836872523812864

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Private Speech posted:

I don't even have a cat or know much about them but trying to figure out what it means online I get the below:

Which seems a bit all over the place.

The throughline is there is a nonzero chance of you getting hurt in either instance.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Yeah, the tail twitch is cat language for "I am about to dig my claws into something and/or go completely berserk for 30 seconds".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New Union Flag looking... accurate.

Wales can feel represented too, it's got Ian Watkins on there.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, twitching tails means the cat is gearing up ready to swipe at something. That's fine if you're dangling a toy in front of them, less fine if you're trying to stroke them. But if you don't know what that means, then because cats pounce very suddenly, it can feel like they are just randomly attacking.

On a different track, is there a good place to get solidarity posters to show support for the strikes? Individual unions have downloadable posters or social media frames, but I am looking for something that could encompass all of them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Inspired by the original term 'nonce' - an unknown yet critical number that cryptographers decode to generate the next blocks

:thunkher:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
An unknown yet critical number that's probably under 16

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RE Jeremy Vine, TrashFuture have a bonus episode where they actually sit down and talk with him and he is pretty open that his show has some of the dumbest, most arrogant shitheads in our country call in, and he's well aware of it. He also thinks it's useful to have a mainstream outlet for stupid dogshit opinions because it's both a national thermometer and a national pressure release for insane people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lady Demelza posted:

On a different track, is there a good place to get solidarity posters to show support for the strikes? Individual unions have downloadable posters or social media frames, but I am looking for something that could encompass all of them.

https://store.iww.org/shop/general-strike-poster-english/

To synthesize catchat and politicschat.

I am sure you could just print a version and chuck them some money to save time.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Just Another Lurker posted:

Thought for the day: I am now at an age that i can really appreciate wearing longjohns. :fluffy:

What, you're more than zero minutes old?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

He also thinks it's useful to have a mainstream outlet for stupid dogshit opinions because it's both a national thermometer and a national pressure release for insane people.
That was also Orwell's view of the British monarchy.

Replace both talk radio and the crown with an AI Meghan Sussex imo

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Tesseraction posted:

He also thinks it's useful to have a mainstream outlet for stupid dogshit opinions because it's both a national thermometer and a national pressure release for insane people.

Any sign at all that he realises that airing that dogshit also spreads and normalises it?

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

https://store.iww.org/shop/general-strike-poster-english/

To synthesize catchat and politicschat.

I am sure you could just print a version and chuck them some money to save time.

Thank you! Probably better not to have it shipped, I don't think it would get here what with the...strikes.

The British version of the IWW has some sticker designs for download. I might print a couple of those for work.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pressure release in the manner of boiling off a nuclear reactor.

Lady Demelza posted:

Thank you! Probably better not to have it shipped, I don't think it would get here what with the...strikes.

The British version of the IWW has some sticker designs for download. I might print a couple of those for work.

There are a bunch of old wobbly poster designs floating around, a lot of them are a bit wordy in that delightfully pre-70's style, but they are usually on the theme of "industrial action always good"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Is this why so many conservatives tell people to learn how to code?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

fuctifino posted:

Is there any record of WHEN he joined?

To try and find out I did a bit of googling, and here he is on stage at an event for the trilateral commission with Gove and Lord Maude at the end of 2017. He was 'Shadow Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union' at the time, and Gove was 'Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs'

https://twitter.com/slavkocaric/status/926765260576399360

https://twitter.com/slavkocaric/status/926923828248408064

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 15, 2022

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is this why so many conservatives tell people to learn how to code?
No, what they mean is 'learn how to code your behaviour,' i.e. conceal your deviancy, undesirable.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Forkboy84 and Jaeluni - I danced extra hard for you at the Sigh/Anaal Nathrakh gig!
Excellent night.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Just checked my phone and it's claiming that it'll be -8 when I go out to work, which sure is a temperature. :stare:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

killerwhat posted:

Forkboy84 and Jaeluni - I danced extra hard for you at the Sigh/Anaal Nathrakh gig!
Excellent night.

So jealous, Sigh are so cool

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Just checked my phone and it's claiming that it'll be -8 when I go out to work, which sure is a temperature. :stare:

be +20 with any other leader

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/darren_cullen/status/1603173371121963009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

be +20 with any other leader

Genuine lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

WhatEvil posted:

Any sign at all that he realises that airing that dogshit also spreads and normalises it?

Well he specifically said how during lockdown he wasn't allowed to air specific views on covid and the vaccine and that Facebook/etc. groups took his silence as proof that it was a conspiracy, leading to an overall greater uptick in social media believing that it being the one thing he wasn't allowed to countenance proved it was Actually Real.

When I first listened to the episode I thought he was full of poo poo but over time I've started to come around to concept that we might actually be a brain diseased society of rat people.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

killerwhat posted:

Excellent night.

Thanks, Killer - much appreciated.
I've a filthy cold which is turning into bronchitis so I wouldn't have been able to go even if I had emigrated from Wales to London for a few days.

I'm eyeing up Igorrr on 11th March next year and wondering whether to try & go.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Tesseraction posted:

When I first listened to the episode I thought he was full of poo poo but over time I've started to come around to concept that we might actually be a brain diseased society of rat people.

It can be both.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My computer says it's -5 degrees outside. Who can I speak to about this injustice?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Ugh, this morning. That's too warm indoors too, have to adjust my heating curve downwards or I'll go broke. Still it was nice to feel a warm floor for once.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Gotta appreciate the symmetry in your heating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

killerwhat posted:

Excellent night.

How are Anaal Nathrakh these days?

If a cat is twitching/wagging its tail - leave it alone!