Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I failed to collect tomestones today :negative: At least Prae gives 7, not 5 as I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The best part about the snowman mount is that if you go walking speed, your character won't pop out of it. So you just have this kind of creepy smiling snowman slowly sliding toward you

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This also works while moonwalking

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Runa posted:

This also works while moonwalking

Sadly S-E keeps fixing my favorite harmless bugs - used to be if you walked away from a target while spamming the face target button, it would play the "forward walking" animation for everyone else. My absolute favorite was there was a specific bug with the Behemoth mount where the animation of your character's gaze returning to neutral was messed up for some reason, so whenever you stopped targeting anything your character's head would very slowly return to facing forward, which I used to unnerve my static members.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I will die on the hill that the snowman mount is one of the best ones in the game.

The year they came out, I had gotten mine before my girlfriend had done the event, and she didn't spoil herself on what the rewards would be.
So, before she logged in, I hid myself in the yard in one of the igloo decorations while the rest of our static crowded around it, so she could see my nameplate amongst everyone elses, but just figured she couldn't see my avatar.

And then I started coming at her from out of the igloo. Scared the hell out of her, everyone in voice chat was cracking up.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Genovera posted:

I have macros so I can adjust effects easily, since I change between 24 or 8 person stuff and 4 person.

Spell Effect Macros:
/bfx party simple
/bfx other off
/petsize all small
/micon "At Ease" emote

and:
/bfx party on
/bfx other on
/petsize all large
/micon "Red Ranger Pose B" emote

It really depends on the fight I'm learning as well. I had to turn off even my own effects to learn EX4 since some of the attacks are broadcast by body positioning.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

first time in a while that I'm a little bitter about a datamined gear set being cash shop and not crafted or from an event

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like the hat but I don't $18 like it

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Ah yes, a skirt, the appropriate pants to wear in the snow.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Dareon posted:

It's annoying because the clothes are very clearly inspired by Sami cultural attire but they're of course sensible and have proper heavy pants under the skirts.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/Jun_on_Fire/status/1603023519750692864?t=WVIjD5mtYVSh2vQdFZeokA&s=19

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad they don't bother making cat ear pockets on the hats any more.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I just want them to bring back tail pockets.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Good excuse to repost this, then:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That outfit sucks. Can't believe they would waste time making such an ugly outfit.

Dareon posted:

Nonsense. You just have to be able to pull it off

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

skirt in the snow is just as powerful as shorts in the snow so I'm all for it

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

It's a good skirt tho.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I already like the outfit because now I know about the Saami people! I like when they do nods to other cultures, gives me something new to learn about

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Adithehella/status/1602907878280790016 everyone should hand animate j-rock anime openings of their WoLs imo

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/Adithehella/status/1602907878280790016 everyone should hand animate j-rock anime openings of their WoLs imo

Oh my gooood I've been waiting for something like this! How cool

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Wv3aX6ino

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

orcane posted:

Good excuse to repost this, then:

Straight up burned that chest piece the second I saw this

Endorph posted:

Gonna do this and animate my WoL doing a Zantetsuken Reverse on Odin.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I have no clue if I'm being useful in Rival Wings, but at least I don't know I'm useless like in Frontline.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I have no clue if I'm being useful in Rival Wings, but at least I don't know I'm useless like in Frontline.

Do objectives, pick up gas cans, kill robots of all kinds. maybe sometimes kill players. in that order

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They've updated the 6.3 patch website with some info on the dungeon, and a screenshot from it they didn't show in the last PLL.

So the town has something to do with Reapers, and at least one of the bosses, who I like the look of and is a doll?, is probably one of them or their voidsent. I'm curious on how this'll all tie together with the Void.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Turns out pre-magitek Garlemald was just Yharnam

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Lmao this child has gargantuan hands

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Onean posted:

They've updated the 6.3 patch website with some info on the dungeon, and a screenshot from it they didn't show in the last PLL.

So the town has something to do with Reapers, and at least one of the bosses, who I like the look of and is a doll?, is probably one of them or their voidsent. I'm curious on how this'll all tie together with the Void.

Looks like the gear is a recolor and role swap of diabolic gear from dun scaith.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I've been in love with the caster/healer dun scaith set for years so having a dyable variant would be killer

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

I've been in love with the caster/healer dun scaith set for years so having a dyable variant would be killer
So the first tier of crafted sets in ShB (Facet)? With the exception of the tank set, for which they used the look of the Mhach set for some weird reason.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

havent seen it, doesn't exist. simple as.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Awww hell I just realized something

the twins are making a return just as we get to the Cargozza Trial

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

SirPhoebos posted:

They're baiting us. They know what we think, and they won't do it

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Levelled AST to 60 a few days ago, and today I did the job quests, thinking I only had 58 and 60 to do (I like to do the last two job quests in a level range back to back so the dramatic tension doesn't drop significantly). Turns out I hadn't even done 52, and had done the back half of my leveling without Malefic II. It says something about AST's abysmal damage that I didn't really think much of this at the time.

Do your job quests, kids.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

(joke speculation) "There's no time brother. Quick! Smoke this!"

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Well, one of us has to change and in my defense, I make this look good.

Pyro Jack fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 15, 2022

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Even though it completely wouldn't be in the spirit of the season, when the initial quest was "gather some children and take them to the secluded part of town for 'magic tricks' " I feared the worst.

Instead it's teaching a scientist the true meaning of ethically considering the wellbeing of their test subjects.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Not sure if I ask this here or if the spoiler thread is just for all spoilers, but I just beat Shadowbringers and had a quick question about the big finale:

So I gather that Ardbert doing what he did allowed us to hold ourselves together for one more go, but did we fix ourselves and permanently burn out all that light by exhausting it against Hades? Was Emet essentially just a big punching bag with which we used up all of the First's excess light on? Not sure what else you could have done with all that light, but I also wasn't expecting that axe throw to solve all our problems in one neat little package.

A+ expansion. Was a little worried it was gonna linger too long in the misery of the opening, but I think it struck a drat good balance. That kicked rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Shinjobi posted:

Not sure if I ask this here or if the spoiler thread is just for all spoilers, but I just beat Shadowbringers and had a quick question about the big finale:

So I gather that Ardbert doing what he did allowed us to hold ourselves together for one more go, but did we fix ourselves and permanently burn out all that light by exhausting it against Hades? Was Emet essentially just a big punching bag with which we used up all of the First's excess light on? Not sure what else you could have done with all that light, but I also wasn't expecting that axe throw to solve all our problems in one neat little package.

A+ expansion. Was a little worried it was gonna linger too long in the misery of the opening, but I think it struck a drat good balance. That kicked rear end.
Regarding the question for Shadowbringers:

Reunifying with Ardbert presumably gave us enough Soul Space or whatever to hold the light, or at least get out of Turning Into A Sin-Eater levels of intoxication. We blasted his rear end with our Kamehameha wave which burned off a ton of it too. Emet presumably is just jam packed with darkness.