Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
:siren:BARUUK PRIME ACCESS is live:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah i use the heat proc one on ember and protea. thats the only one i bought so hopefully i dont get 3 of them lol

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh man do I get big mad when I get aya in my syndicate relic pack drops

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
because i'm explicitly buying packs for new prime releases and you can't trade aya for those

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Changes: 

Removed unintended “Auto Sprint” Option from settings. Related: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1330133-auto-sprint-option-cannot-be-set-to-yes-stays-disabled-by-default/

This was fallout from Lua’s Prey mainline, this option was not intended to be released. 

loving... what? You just accidentally put in a potentially useful but nonfunctional option, and after the cat's out of the bag are like "whups, let's all ignore that"

hazardousmouse posted:

because i'm explicitly buying packs for new prime releases and you can't trade aya for those

If I have some Axi B5 Radiant right now (Baruuk) what should I list them at if I want to flip them for plat?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 14, 2022

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

then its just a miss like any other old relic would be. no reason to get mad at aya specifically.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Also, if I have 1000 Steel Essence is it worth buying relic packs from Teshin at 15 a pop? Never got them from him before and not sure if that's a good deal but I'm set for life on Umbra Forma or whatever else he offers.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Zero VGS posted:

Also, if I have 1000 Steel Essence is it worth buying relic packs from Teshin at 15 a pop? Never got them from him before and not sure if that's a good deal but I'm set for life on Umbra Forma or whatever else he offers.

it's not a good deal in terms of time : relics but also the only other unlimited sink for Steel Essence is kuva, so if you don't care about rivens you might as well

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Are Lua Thrax Plasms affected by boosters? Chance and/or Resource? Someone please tell me yes

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The ones from thrax drops (that get auto-marked with an icon when you're near) are, the rotation rewards and others aren't. So a booster gives you a, well, boost, but not a straight up 2x - on steel path full squad you can get around 70-80 from a 20 minute C rotation run.

hazardousmouse posted:

you realize aya is a direct replacement for specific non-new-prime relics right

because it sounds like you don't

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 14, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Zero VGS posted:

loving... what? You just accidentally put in a potentially useful but nonfunctional option, and after the cat's out of the bag are like "whups, let's all ignore that"

this is an extremely weird response lol

it's nonfunctional because they hadn't actually implemented the thing yet, and they removed the option because they hadn't implemented it yet. odds are highly likely that when they've finished implementing it they'll put it back

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Awesome! posted:

then its just a miss like any other old relic would be. no reason to get mad at aya specifically.

It's this; before the new Prime Resurgence instead of getting Aya you would have gotten one of the old relics you now trade Aya for, which would not have been one of the new relics you're looking for. Aya being there just makes you notice this more because it's a big blue droplet instead of "Generic Relic X38."

Zero VGS posted:

They should have caught this earlier but they're not saying they're not going to have Auto Sprint, they're saying they haven't finished making it work yet and the option that doesn't work wasn't actually supposed to appear until they did, so they're disappearing it again until they have and it works. There isn't a lever they're pulling that makes Auto Sprint functional or nonfunctional, there's programmers who aren't done working on it.

It does sound like a simple feature but complicated games bug out when you change the littlest things for confusing reasons.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 14, 2022

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Thanks for the heads up on the twitch drops...any goons on PS willing to trade me an archon stretch for an archon intensify?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh hey, it's Baruuk Prime day! That means it's time for a very quick and dirty rundown on the monk who is barely keeping his poo poo under control!

First of all, abilities:

1st ability is Elude. It allows Baruuk to avoid damage from all sources, but it is a trap. Elude is his worst ability. It scales off of range and duration, while everything else is all about power strength. This is the ability you swap out via Helminth, preferably for something that increases Baruuk's (already absolutely loving absurd) eHP.

2nd ability is Lull. It puts nerds to sleep. It's your primary way to burn Restraint (more on that later), and is very good at this. It scales primarily off of range and duration, but there's a secret: Baruuk loving HATES duration. Duration is his dump stat. You want to get your duration as low as humanly loving possible (I run Baruuk with 13% duration, for reference). Why? Lull puts a debuff on enemies that puts them to sleep and then makes them forget that they're in a fight after you cast it. Hitting nerds with Lull burns off some of your Restraint meter. While they're under the effect of this debuff, if they are hit with Lull again they do NOT burn more Restraint, which is bad. Having low duration means the debuff is pretty much instantly gone (mine lasts 0.65 seconds at 13% duration), so you can drop multiple Lulls in succession and burn a lot of Restraint quickly. gently caress duration, all my homies hate duration. Range is nice, as it means more nerds to hit with Lull, but don't overdo it, this is the only ability that you care about that uses range. I run with just Stretch, so my Baruuk has 145% range. That's more than enough.

3rd ability is Desolate Hands. Buncha knives that orbit Baruuk. Scales predominantly off of Strength. More strength = more knives. The knives do two things: each knife provides you with 10% damage reduction (up to a cap of 90%), can and will also fly off to your friends (including companions) to give them some damage reduction (while not consuming your knives, just adding some free ones to them), and they will fly off and hit enemies to disarm them AND burn Restraint. DH is good, it's one of the reasons Baruuk has stupid eHP. You want to stay at or above 9 knives so that you're always running 90% DR. (This is relatively trivial, with 328% strength I have 26 knives per cast.) Friend knives can fly off of your friends/companions and disarm/burn restraint as well. Friend knives are a net positive, they do nothing negative for you but they actively make it easier for you to burn the Restraint meter. Strength is good, we love Strength.

4th ability is the bread and butter, the absolute best of the best, the creme de la creme, the cherry on top of the sundae: Desert Wind/Serene Storm. Basically, Baruuk goes crazy, punches the absolute gently caress out of everything, and then presumably brofists Atlas which destroys the world entirely. This thing is a crit monster, obliterates practically anything you point it at, trivializes Steel Path, etc. It's just REALLY FUCKIN GOOD (tm). Plus, Desert Wind is an exalted weapon, so you can mod it, meaning you can emphasize its strengths (it is critty as gently caress). This is why you want to burn Restraint ASAP, and keep burning that poo poo all the time. A punching Baruuk is a happy Baruuk.

Some things to note about Serene Storm (Here's the wiki page, for reference):
- While active, you gain up to 40% damage reduction (scaling with strength). This loving STACKS WITH the 90% DR you get from the knives. Baruuk is a tank that can also murder everyone.

- It has a base 200% crit multipler, with 50% crit chance and 15% status base. These can be increased via mods on Desert Wind. It hits HARD, is what I'm saying.

- Serene Storm is weird in that there are technically two parts to it: the waves and the actual fist hits. Those are two separate damage instances. Realistically, the only part that matters is the waves because you're almost never going to be in the very short melee range required to get a hit with the fists, and that's important because while the FISTS benefit from Condition Overload... THE WAVES DO NOT BENEFIT FROM CO AT ALL. In other words, you do not want CO on Desert Wind because it doesn't really help the part of the ability that matters the most. Slap PPP or Sacrificial Pressure on there, instead.

- Serene Storm is 100% impact. The base damage scales with Strength.

- Baruuk has one of the best augments in the entire loving game: Reactive Storm. This poo poo is absurd. It makes all of the BASE damage from Serene Storm adaptive, meaning it will magically transform all of that impact damage (and only that impact damage) into whatever hurts a bitch the most. On top of that, it gives you an assload of status chance, so you're definitely proccing status on things as well. :getin:

- YOU CAN STILL BURN RESTRAINT WHILE YOU'RE USING SERENE STORM. This one is (of course) not explained well by the game, but you can absolutely keep burning restraint from both Lull and knives while doing your punch thing. Consider putting nerds to sleep before you murder all of them. This allows you to stay in punch mode pretty much indefinitely, assuming you have high enough mob density and can refrain from going full genocide occasionally.

- All of the damage/mods on Desert Wind apply to the waves that Baruuk punches out (which is probably what Serene Storm actually is). So all that adaptive, critty, status heavy goodness murders many nerds.

- The range on the waves CANNOT BE INCREASED IN ANY WAY. There is no way to make them travel further, which is why Range is only ever a Secondary concern for Baruuk. This means mods like Primed Reach are useless on Desert Wind.

- The waves have INFINITE PUNCHTHROUGH. They will travel through walls and dudes. They are non-discriminatory when it comes to murder: anything within their finite range gets slapped like a bitch. You cannot hide.

- You DO NOT need to wait until the Restraint meter has been emptied completely before activating the 4. You can pop into that after having burnt only 4% of the meter off (meaning it's 96% full). A single Lull in a large enough group should burn off at least 25% of your meter, though, so this is kind of moot. I'm just noting it for posterity, since, again, the game does not bother explaining this and sometimes people assume the UI is telling them they can't activate it yet.

While we're on the subject of God's Own Exalted Weapon, we need to talk about Gladiator mods. (And also, for the record, I'm assuming here that you're running Naramon as your Focus school while using Baruuk, as that is the only way that any of what I'm about to say is relevant.) In short, Desert Wind/Serene Storm ABSOLUTELY DOES benefit from the Gladiator mods, HOWEVER it's weird, very finicky, and buggy. The long and the short of it is that the 4 doesn't "see" the mods on your companion, nor does it "see" any Gladiator mods on Desert Wind, but it absolutely does "see" any on your frame/normal melee weapon. Realistically, you probably don't have the room to use Gladiator mods on Baruuk himself, but you can and should bring a token melee weapon that acts as a stat stick for the purpose of giving you the Gladiator buff. (This is how you turn Serene Storm into a red-critting monstrosity that can kill god faster than the teenaged protagonists in any JRPG.) Your normal melee's other mods/stats DO NOT AFFECT the 4 in any other way, ONLY the Gladiator set bonus applies. So it's a stat stick that isn't really a stat stick, if that makes sense.

The caveat is that the Gladiator buff and how it interacts with exalted weapons is loving WEIRD and unreliable and has been buggy as poo poo for well over two years now. Essentially, the buff will randomly drop off as your combo count decays in the background. Desert Wind/Serene Storm has its own, independent combo count... which doesn't matter because the waves don't build it and realistically anything close enough to you to actually make contact with Baruuk's fist has already eaten death via wave... but the game is still keeping track of your ACTUAL melee weapon's combo count, in the background. See, officially set mods don't apply to exalted weapons, but Baruuk is too powerful to give a poo poo about petty things like "rules" and "coding", so in his case it does; but, as I mentioned above, only under certain circumstances and only when it wants to.

The long and the short of it here is that, when using the Gladiator set with Baruuk's 4, you'll see gigantic red crits, and then you'll fall back down to yellow/orange crits, and then sometimes you'll go back up to red crits for seemingly no reason. That's the bug. You're running Naramon, so instead of your combo count falling off entirely it decays, and as it decays the game gets confused and reduces your buff stack to either 1 or nothing because you're not actually using your real melee weapon, and then as it decays further the game realizes it needs to update the stack buff and suddenly you're back to red crits. Trying to rebuild the stack by swapping back to your melee to rebuild combo won't work, because the game is assuming you're at a 1x combo count when it's simultaneously showing you at max combo. It's loving obtuse and weird and stupid, is what I'm saying. Don't be shocked, you're not doing anything wrong, it's just weird and DE hasn't paid any attention to it so far (unless they changed it in the update today, which I haven't yet read).

Ok, so that's all that I can remember, I'm assuming goons will read this babble and then add to it/correct anything because I'm dumb and bad and this is coming off of the top of my head.

Builds
The long and the short is this: gently caress. DURATION. gently caress it with a white-hot, rusty spoon. gently caress it to oblivion, forget it exists. Duration sucks. gently caress duration. Conversely, STRENGTH IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. Get ALL the Strength.

Aura: CorPro or Steel Charge (SC adds to base damage on DW, CorPro strips armor. SC has more capacity. I use SC ever since the changes to armor stripping went through. Growing Power could work here as well, but you'd have to recast everything to see the benefits.)
Exilus: Power Drift (Strength good)
Blind Rage (yay strength)
Transient Fortitude (yay strength, gently caress duration)
Umbral Vitality (or just normal Vitality)
Umbral Intensify (normal Intensify if you don't have this, but absolutely Umbral if you do, regardless of which Vit mod you're using)
Fleeting Expertise (compensating for the Eff lost from BR, plus yet more gently caress DURATION)
Stretch (for Lull)
Reactive Storm (no, really, it's loving amazing)
Augur Secrets or something else that adds Strength (Amar's Hatred?). Strength good. (Alternatively, you can slap in Adaptation for more DR, but honestly you shouldn't need it at all, you're already rocking two stacking forms of DR.)

He's pretty transparent. More Strength is always better, as far as mods are concerned. Duration is always bad.

Arcanes
Absolutely, 10,000,000% use Arcane Strike. It procs off of the waves on his 4, and it speeds up his attacks which means more waves. Melee attack speed for "free" like this is amazing for the 4, because it gives you more options when modding DW. (Anyone/anything that gives you melee haste (Wisp/Valk/Volt) are your best friends, you love them, you cherish them and keep them alive... so long as they're hitting the button.)

Second arcane is up to you. Avenger can be useful, but its uptime depends on how many things are shooting you. Fury works well because it will always be up since you're doing nothing but crit, but I'm not sure how the math works and whether you'll run into diminishing returns or not. Molt Augmented is MOAR STRENGTH, so it's good for both the 3 and the 4, but again MATH and how much it affects the damage on the 4 is beyond me. You shouldn't need survivability, but if you do then Aegis or Grace will work just fine.

Desert Wind
You want crit damage and raw damage, is the gist of it.
PPP or Sac Pressure
Sac Steel (50% base crit + Sac Steel by itself is 160% crit, you always want this as it is strictly better than true steel)
Primed Fury or Berserker Fury (melee haste is good)
Organ Shatter AND Gladiator Might (yes, both; the latter WILL NOT add to your set gladiator aura stack but it will still give you crit damage and that is, by far, the best stat for Serene Storm)
Whatever combo you can afford to get you Viral damage (I use Primed Fever Strike and Vicious Frost, but the forma cost may be prohibitive).
Last slot can be either elemental damage (probably Molten Impact), or Gladiator Vice or Quickening for more haste. Your choice.

Note that elemental/IPS damage mods DO NOT get converted via Reactive Storm, ONLY the base impact damage does. So, while adding Viral is very good because the punches and waves have insane status chance (thanks to Reactive Storm), that viral damage will not be getting converted into, say, corrosive or magnetic or whatever. It exists on top of that stuff. All damage after Reactive Storm interacts as you'd expect with any and all viral stacks, however.

No CO because, again, CO doesn't work for the waves and the waves are what matter here.

Archon Shards:
Remember what I said about melee crit damage? Red shards, all the way. Stack that poo poo. If you absolutely, positively must max out Baruuk, you spam red shards. I'd also recommend at least one orange shard for casting speed, because his animations for the 2, 3, and 4 are pretty slow. Power Strength is good... for mods. But if you have to choose between power strength and melee crit damage (as you do here and absolutely nowhere else), you go for melee crit damage. You're hitting diminishing returns on Serene Storm above 300% power strength, so adding MORE strength on top of that is superfluous and it's especially egregious considering crit damage scales considerably better and is much harder to stack.

Helminth
You're going to want to ditch the 1. Elude is the black sheep of Baruuk's kit, but that makes it the obvious choice for Helminth. I recommend anything that adds to Baruuk's kit in some way, what that means to you is entirely subjective. Especially useful is any and all ways to increase his eHP, to make him an even more ridiculous tank.

Good choices:
Pillage (status removal + armor stripping that scales with strength + overshields which give you INSANE eHP thanks to your nutso DR, with the caveat of being very short range thanks to the expansion of Pillage being based off duration, and gently caress duration)
Condemn (Overshields good, CC good even though the freeze won't last long because you're dumping duration)
Empower (Strength good, with the caveat that you'll need to recast it prior to refreshing the 3 or opening the 4 again and it won't be as impactful on the 4 as you're hoping thanks to diminishing returns)
Hideous Resistance (Status Immunity is good)

I use Pillage, even though its effective range is relatively low a single cast will typically max out my overshields and given Baruuk's nutso DR that means you're set for life. Keep in mind that you have almost no duration, so anything like Warcry or Roar are not going to be terribly useful because their buffs simply won't last long enough to justify the energy cost.

Companions:
Dethcube or Panzer Vulpaphyla, really. Dethcube for energy orbs, although realistically Baruuk isn't casting super often.
Panzer Vulp is probably the best option for three reasons:
1. It revives.
2. Viral Quills lets it spread Viral stacks for you, which benefits your damage.
3. It can be set up as a poor man's Arcane Grace, and since the only damage Baruuk takes is chip damage this can help you quickly and passively heal up any health damage that managed to get through your godlike DR. (Spore cat is your best friend.)

I'm not sure what innate polarities Baruuk Prime gets, but you can expect a fairly pricey Forma investment to really max his rear end out. Plan accordingly, and let him punch space Jesus in the face. Baruuk is great. :allears:

If anyone has anything to add/correct, please do. I'm dumb and bad and tired.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 16, 2022

Estel
May 4, 2010
Baruuk needs a lot of formas but once completed is an absolute beast.

One thing about Desert Wind, you can build combo with the fists but you have to physically hit with the punches to do it not the waves. If you get used to it you can build combo with the punches so you can constantly crit with the waves but realistically is not really needed. Normal wave punches are enough to kill almost everything.

Estel fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 14, 2022

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Crashing because someone unfriends you is such a warframe bug.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Crashing because someone unfriends you is such a warframe bug.

The game reflects your devastation at the loss.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Oh hey, it's Baruuk Prime day! That means it's time for a very quick and dirty rundown on the monk who is barely keeping his poo poo under control!

This is an extremely useful rundown, thank you. I wish there was a summary like this for all the frames. Does it only run effectively with Naramon's combo preservation, or is the explanation of the bug just there for those who do run Naramon?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I Am Just a Box posted:

This is an extremely useful rundown, thank you. I wish there was a summary like this for all the frames. Does it only run effectively with Naramon's combo preservation, or is the explanation of the bug just there for those who do run Naramon?

It really only applies if you're running Naramon. If you're not, then the combo decays completely if not maintained (which it wouldn't be, as the exalted weapon is treated as a separate thing altogether) and thus the buff stack falls off completely, as well. The only way that the Gladiator mods are relevant is if you're running Naramon, really, and even then really only on your normal melee weapon. (You still do absolutely want Gladiator Might on Desert Wind itself, but that's because crit damage is insanely good for it, the game doesn't "see" the mod as far as the set bonus goes.)

If you're not using Naramon, you can safely ignore all of that and just punch things without worrying about red crits.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
What happens if someone disconnects during the relic unveiling screen? Someone did it tonight and I think their choice was locked in but I never tried it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably just got whatever was in their own relic

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

The same that happens if they crash, which is their own relic yeah, though if you crash you get it in your inbox.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Excellent Baruukposting, and good to know his prime is (finally?) available. I also helminth pillage instead of his 1 since I max STR then DUR. Probably my favorite high-level-content frame since it takes Nidus years to scale up. Peace through superior firepower.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
If you launch the game from Epic launcher (you can use the free GeforceNow tier) you can get a 3-day Affinity Booster, Hek Weapon + Slot and Tenno Color Palette

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Is Europa just a glitchy moon in general? It's just amusing because like 90% of the time I do something on Europa the last enemy that needs to be exterminated is embedded in a wall, or there's some weird host migration where I'm suddenly playing alone but sort of not, or it spawns me in some small locked off area of the level like a Metroid secret world or something lol

Is it just the complexity of those wrecked style rooms there hitting the limit of what the level generation can do or something? I know it's anecdotal but I've been lucky to not really experience much jank otherwise

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

My tileset-specific annoyance has been the Grineer mines like around Saturn. I like to do solo grinds and take my time while listening to podcasts, but the Grineer mines have a nasty habit of not actually turning the alarm off when I hack an alarm, spawning endless waves of alerted enemies until one of them mercifully calls a second alarm and triggers the door lockdown, which allows me to hack a console again and have it actually work this time.

I haven't had out of bounds problems with Europa/Corpus ice planet in particular, but I am pretty sick of its meandering caverns filled with little outcroppings that jut out just enough for your warframe to stub its toe and stop its forward momentum.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Where did you folks farm those Neo A8 relics for the usual lovely uncomon drop? Got Lith/Meso from relic packs and random stuff, got a couple Axi from Apollo, but still haven't caught a single Neo.

On the same theme, didn't open world bounties use to have relics in their tables? I could swear I used to farm relics from Fortuna, but I just checked Fortuna/Cetus/Deimos and the only one I could find was the Neo A8 itself, but that's an uncommon drop in Iso Vaults and, like, just no. Deimos even has some bounties where multiple rewards in the same table are like "Credit cache x2", that's a bit weird.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

generally you just speedrun ukko for meso/neo but if you specifically just need neos you can do the uranus disruption which is all neos on c

most of the open world relic drops were unvaultings that have been converted to aya.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Heads up that right now you can launch the game from the Epic Games launcher and it will give you a 3-day affinity boost, Tenno color palette, Hek with weapon slot, and a crappy Syandana.

If you have like 35GB of free drive space you can copy your existing WF folder into the Epic download folder to avoid having to redownload the whole game:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1240027-how-to-claim-the-epic-games-store-skins-without-re-downloading-the-game/

I tried it and instantly got all those goodies when I launched from the Epic store, then immediately uninstalled the Epic copy.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

I Am Just a Box posted:

My tileset-specific annoyance has been the Grineer mines like around Saturn. I like to do solo grinds and take my time while listening to podcasts, but the Grineer mines have a nasty habit of not actually turning the alarm off when I hack an alarm, spawning endless waves of alerted enemies until one of them mercifully calls a second alarm and triggers the door lockdown, which allows me to hack a console again and have it actually work this time.

I haven't had out of bounds problems with Europa/Corpus ice planet in particular, but I am pretty sick of its meandering caverns filled with little outcroppings that jut out just enough for your warframe to stub its toe and stop its forward momentum.

Just think of alarms as bonus loot! :D But more seriously, yeah weird jank is just Warframe.

The architects who decided doors should have lips on the stop so if you divekick at the door you get stuck on top of it (they might have made this less a thing a while back?) is my pet frustration.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

FishMcCool posted:

Where did you folks farm those Neo A8 relics for the usual lovely uncomon drop? Got Lith/Meso from relic packs and random stuff, got a couple Axi from Apollo, but still haven't caught a single Neo.

On the same theme, didn't open world bounties use to have relics in their tables? I could swear I used to farm relics from Fortuna, but I just checked Fortuna/Cetus/Deimos and the only one I could find was the Neo A8 itself, but that's an uncommon drop in Iso Vaults and, like, just no. Deimos even has some bounties where multiple rewards in the same table are like "Credit cache x2", that's a bit weird.

Clan chat, or warframe.market. :P

The Ukko advice is good, remember the drop tables are in a big txt file publically available. https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html At the time of posting, I think?
Looks like A on Uranus defence (Bianca) is like 70% neos. Or Eris/Kala-Azar. Handy for little 5/10 minute grinds. But the disruption is probably better (disruption rotations are weird.)
A B and C on Void/Belenus are all good neo sources it looks like. OTOH, long defences do make me fall asleep.

For relic packs (from syndicates and stuff) you'll generally get 3 lith/meso and 1 neo/axi. IIRC.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I really hope tenno.zone comes back one day, it showing the best mission per minute was so useful.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I Am Just a Box posted:

That issue with the outcroppings reminds me of one of my favorite things lol. It's not really jank but that lab room you always go through a little before fighting Alad V/Zanuka. There's that window at an angle in between the stairs you have to go down to go across the room. And EVERY SINGLE TIME I've run that level the entire group (myself included) out of reflex forgets that it's a window and tries to jump through, then gets caught on the lip of the window and has to awkwardly stumble off and walk around and take the stairs lmao

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Awesome! posted:

generally you just speedrun ukko for meso/neo but if you specifically just need neos you can do the uranus disruption which is all neos on c

Tylana posted:

Looks like A on Uranus defence (Bianca) is like 70% neos. Or Eris/Kala-Azar. Handy for little 5/10 minute grinds. But the disruption is probably better (disruption rotations are weird.)

Great stuff, thanks. If Uranus disruption is to Neo what Lua Apollo is to Axi, that's me sorted out.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
hhhmmmm a titania cracking all three spy vaults on her own in 3 minutes for this archon sortie seems kinda sus

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

hey if they can pilot a high speed titania without getting stuck on anything then they deserve that spy run win

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
That has got me curious, actually. If I was going to build my Titania purely for the purpose of gently caress sabotage c rotations, rescue, and spy missions...

...How would I want to build that Titania?

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

brainSnakes posted:

That has got me curious, actually. If I was going to build my Titania purely for the purpose of gently caress sabotage c rotations, rescue, and spy missions...

...How would I want to build that Titania?

Perspicacity for times when you can't use ciphers, and then I have no clue how to build her for speed. Wukong can probably do something similar, just slower since cloud walker is a cheat code for hair the modes it seems like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Today reminded me of another of my tileset pet peeves: Lua, where Exterminate likes to create new spawns behind you when you leave a room. If I'm doing those solo runs where I methodically depopulate the map, especially so I can take my time with Halls of Ascension undistracted, I sometimes have to leave the same room five times before I'm actually done with it.