Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spermy Smurf posted:

Who is the dude that never responded or did the drafts and still came in like 3rd? He in?

:shopkeeper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a way with Yahoo to allow all teams into the playoffs? Near as I can tell it just allows 6 or 8?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Our league doesn't use Yahoo. Maybe you're posting in the wrong thread by mistake?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Leperflesh posted:

Our league doesn't use Yahoo. Maybe you're posting in the wrong thread by mistake?

Sorry! I thought this was the thread for like, all leagues and league general stuff but I might have missed a better thread. Any suggestions?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ohh, haha yeah our league is named "I paid what for who?" but I can see how that would be confusing!

You can ask questions about how leagues work in the general TAQ fantasy football thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963575

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Did I win 2022 yet or am 6 months early?

Send me my winnings please

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Need to schedule a draft and an auction.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

slow draft like last year? Or do you clowns want to get drunk and draft live and make horrible mistakes like normal

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Go ahead and do a slow draft before training camp so that your guys blow their ACL's again.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I emailed a poll. We have 3 responses so far. All for it.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

I emailed a poll. We have 3 responses so far. All for it.

If this is constantly updated position changing I could see this being an issue. Building a roster with someone like Cordarelle Patterson slotted as a WR as one of let's say 4 total, then a mid-season change to RB - which may be correct and even possibly beneficial - can put an owner in a bind for acquiring a new WR of similar production midseason to field a proper roster. It would definitely counter any Joe Webb shenanigans though. I am fine with it as that should be a very rare case hopefully.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It's completely defense related. No offensive changes in the queue this year that I can see.

But yes, Patterson would have been one of the changes.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yeah i would hope that it wouldn't take any eligibilities away after the season starts, only adds them. otherwise that would be a tougher sell for me. i don't think it's an issue otherwise

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The FAQ for this tool says it does not get updates during the regular season, period. It's also exclusively for the IDP positions, no mention of Patterson who is a different issue for us to discuss/settle on.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yeah then I don't really see an issue

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I might be travelling/out of state at some point in Aug/Sept but not sure yet. Should still have internet access if I am.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

alright well we basically unanimously voted to use the tool thing to update IDP positions so we'll do that
we also asked in the slack and at least 7 people voted to change the cost of stealing a taxi squad player who was picked up from waivers from a 5th to a 3rd. That's rule 9.10.1.2 so I updated that.

We haven't run the stickyposition thing yet but we're opening up the league for drops & trades so just be aware some IDP guys who are listed as LB could be DE or DL instead, and a couple of CB/S might swap places which matters even less.

Owner abilities are turned on, you can do drops, make trades, do IR and taxi transactions, and the commissioner lock is turned on so commishes can't see your trade offers etc.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 18, 2022

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Copy pasting the email here in case someone doesn't read slack or email.

First things first:  Chen, Alfafla, 89 all need to pay before we do the draft.

We're going to start the slow email rookie draft during the 2nd week of preseason.  We don't have a set date yet, but it'll be between weeks 2 and 3 most likely.  It takes one week to do based on last year, and the first 3 or 5 picks can all set pre-draft lists and it'll just fly through them.

The Live Veteran Auction is scheduled for 9/1 which is a thursday.  9pm eastern seems to be the consensus.  This is a live auction using your in-season FAAB waiver money.  Be there or tell the commish your max bid on a few players and we'll try to get that done for you.

Rosters need to be fixed about 24-48hrs before the rookie draft starts so I'd say around August 12th you need to be cap and IR compliant.  We will expand all rosters by 1 slot temporarily so you can move rookies to your taxi squad.  This space cannot be filled normally and will be removed after the draft.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alfalfa has paid.

We will turn off drops and rosters have to be cap taxi and IR compliant 48 hours before each draft, per the league rules, which Spermy only vaguely remembers at the best of times.

Cap compliant means your total salary is under the $250 cap. Taxi compliant means you have only rookies and sophomores, none of whom have ever been started by an owner in our league, on your taxi squad. IR compliant means you have only players officially designated as Out or on the NFL IR list on your IR.

After the rookie draft, you'll have an opportunity to drop players before we again lock drops 48 hours before the veteran auction.

You can make trades throughout both drafts as you like, and you can move players on and off your IR/Taxi, you just can't drop before or during them.

You can't bust your cap during the auction or by making a trade, but you can very briefly be over your cap as you transition a player from draft/auction/trade onto your IR or taxi squad. For example, if you are $10 under your cap, you could pick up a rookie for $12 if you them immediately transfer that rookie onto your taxi squad.

After the veteran/free agent auction, we may take a few hours to verify all of the player's salaries etc. are set correctly and everyone complied with cap and roster rules, and then we'll unlock all owner abilities. There will be one waiver run on Wednesday, September 7th ahead of the first game of the season, which is Bills at Rams on Thursday, September 8th.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 27, 2022

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i wasn't actively shopping him, but I've gotten some nibbles on darius leonard so this is me announcing that he's on the block i guess. am probably gonna keep him but if i get an offer i like I'd definitely move him

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 27, 2022

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
His name is Shaquille idiot

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

new model, price just went up

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Alright, everyone is cap and IR and Taxi compliant. Leper and Lego only have 1 slot each but they only have 1 draft pick before round 4 so that's fine I'd think.

Rosters are locked, adds/drops are done. You can still trade and do IR/Taxi stuff.

Rosters are at 26 now, this is not a real roster spot. You can only use it to move a drafted rookie to the taxi squad. Rosters will go down to 25 after the rookie draft is complete.

The draft is set to start on the 18th, slow draft. So set your pre-draft lists for at least the first few in case your favorite guy falls to you.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
We're allowed 4 taxi spots, right? I have 1 main roster and 1 taxi open

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah I have a main and two taxi slots open and I traded away picks so I'm fine

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Because I am the best commish and pay attention to the rules:

Attention! see rule 9.9:
Beginning at Noon Eastern time on the Monday before the first game of the season, and continuing until Noon Eastern time on the Thursday before the final game of week 14, you can attempt to steal a player from another owner's practice squad:
Players playing Thursday Night Football matches may be declared for a theft attempt any time between Noon Eastern time Tuesday, and Noon Eastern time Wednesday.
Players playing on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday matches may be declared for a theft attempt any time between Noon Eastern time Tuesday, and Noon Eastern time Thursday.
So, you have until noon Eastern on Tuesday to leave top dudes on your taxi squad, but after that, they're at risk.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also... do we even use this thread really any more, or is everyone on Slack now?

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Probably need to add a bit more structure to Slack channel if we move there.. poo poo gets lost in the endless chat scroll. More pinning of important things and maybe a few more channels?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:frogsiren: I'm stealing a player :frogsiren:
I'm attempting to steal Elijah Moore, WR NYJ from 1017 BRICK SQUAD! This is a first round pick from 2021.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 6, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm stealing another player

Rodriguez, Malcolm DET LB (R)
from Straight Bass Homie
this is a sixth round pick

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'm going to steal IsiahPacheco from Long Island Whalers. 

I have to update here even though the owner has already responded in slack.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Posting so we remember to revisit the "guys that are out but not declared out, able leave them on IR or not thru Thursday games" ruling we should probably make this off-season.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Per league rules, SBH is announcing a steal attempt of WR Josh Palmer from TPT for a 4th RD pick in 2023.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'm going to steal Christian Watson from Long Island Whalers for a 1st round pick.

I currently have $45 in FAAB so Leper can deduct it anytime.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Reminder to tweak the rules of steals. 9.16 implies that the stolen player must be started but nothing else states it.

We've been playing it as stolen players must be started for years, this doesn't even need to go to a vote.

Edit: There is a comment in there from Sept 7th, 2021 to write it in so it's more obvious. We've gone over this before. We just never wrote it in there. Ignore me.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 22, 2022

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Stealing Jelani Woods from Pain Train for 6th rd pick. I have enough FAAB $.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Stealing Alec Pierce from Brick for 2nd. Plz deduct the funds.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

9.9.1: Players playing Thursday Night Football matches may be declared for a theft attempt any time between Noon Eastern time Tuesday, and Noon Eastern time Wednesday.
9.9.2: Players playing on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday matches may be declared for a theft attempt any time between Noon Eastern time Tuesday, and Noon Eastern time Thursday.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Things we gotta fix for next year:
  1. Teemu's gripes about division tiebreakers for playoffs etc.
  2. Formalize a rule for rebalancing the divisions on a regular cadence, like every 2 years or something
  3. IR violation; when exactly is an owner required to get a player off IR who stops being eligible. The rules right now are all about penalties for abusing IR to avoid busting cap but when cap isn't an issue they're silent. Can you float a guy through TNF if you're not starting anyone? Can you just leave your last week's starters in? etc.
  4. cleanup the taxi squad rules, they're OK as they're operating now but they're confusing to read & understand
  5. Someone suggested a trade deadline should be considered

anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Reminder to tweak the rules of steals. 9.16 implies that the stolen player must be started but nothing else states it.

We've been playing it as stolen players must be started for years, this doesn't even need to go to a vote.

Edit: There is a comment in there from Sept 7th, 2021 to write it in so it's more obvious. We've gone over this before. We just never wrote it in there. Ignore me.