Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tiger Millionaire posted:

My FTH/ARC run continues to be a lot of fun, bloody slash on the twinblade is doing large amounts of work. I was planning on using it until Elenoras poleblade but the bloody slash art of war itself is so obscenely strong I dunno if I want to give it up.

Elenoras WA is good too so just switch between them based on need. It does a surprising amount of poise damage if you can connect the whole thing on, say, a large boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Running around endgame with a STR/FAI build and I keep tracking down Faith weapons only to discover that they don't scale as well as the Blasphemous Blade (STR/DEX/FAI C/C/B is really really good) and between that and having one of the best weapon skills it's actually kind of amazing that it's not as deep into the game as something like Rivers of Blood. I'm not sure what a better Faith weapon would look like.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

Running around endgame with a STR/FAI build and I keep tracking down Faith weapons only to discover that they don't scale as well as the Blasphemous Blade (STR/DEX/FAI C/C/B is really really good) and between that and having one of the best weapon skills it's actually kind of amazing that it's not as deep into the game as something like Rivers of Blood. I'm not sure what a better Faith weapon would look like.

It's one of the best weapons in the game bar none, you're not going to run into much that's better period. You don't need to min/max tho, you can always just pick up something else that seems fun and run with it and your BB will be waiting for you if you need it again. Golden Halberd has one of the best buffs in the game as its ash and hits like a goddamned truck. Malekith's blade maybe? Halo Scythe and Godslayer's Greatsword I've heard are good if you've got some dex in there as well

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm partial to the Golden Order Greatsword but tbh it's an FP hog and by no means optimal. It's also scaling primarily with Faith/ DeX. Godslayer's greatsword is also more of a secondary scale with Dex.

I think it looks badass and does cool things though. Honestly I love the flavor of Golden Order stuff and the animations: loving Jojo Poses and the Power of Math

Wish they were a little better on damage though

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
lmao loving wild the first thing someone does when they enter a thread, with zero loving knowledge of the game and its mechanics and gamefeel, is accuse a challenge runner of faking their run, that actually their offscreen boyfriend is the one actually playing, and their lavicious body is tricking hard working gamers out of their twitch subs

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

lmao loving wild the first thing someone does when they enter a thread, with zero loving knowledge of the game and its mechanics and gamefeel, is accuse a challenge runner of faking their run, that actually their offscreen boyfriend is the one actually playing, and their lavicious body is tricking hard working gamers out of their twitch subs

I dont think they said that last part

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Looking forward to the day when girls are making all the best videos of pulling off insane game feats and guys start saying hard games are for sissies

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Looking forward to the day when girls are making all the best videos of pulling off insane game feats and guys start saying hard games are for sissies

It takes a strong man to admit they love that little puffball Kirby and that he's completely adorable

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

It takes a strong man to admit they love that little puffball Kirby and that he's completely adorable

This. Completely This

:3:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm partial to the Golden Order Greatsword but tbh it's an FP hog and by no means optimal. It's also scaling primarily with Faith/ DeX. Godslayer's greatsword is also more of a secondary scale with Dex.

I think it looks badass and does cool things though. Honestly I love the flavor of Golden Order stuff and the animations: loving Jojo Poses and the Power of Math

Wish they were a little better on damage though

The Golden Order Greatsword exists for two situations - (a), you do not yet have the Sacred Relic Sword, and (b) you do have the Sacred Relic Sword, but want to permakill undead and/or chew through Death Rite Birds. Otherwise, the SRS is a flat upgrade.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
considering you need to beat the last boss to get sacred relic sword, "don't have sacred relic sword yet" is a condition that is going to apply for most or all of your average player's run

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I really don't get why the Golden Order Greatsword doesn't scale with Int as well as faith to differentiate it more: it's meant to be a Golden Order weapon and the Golden Order is all about Super Religous Math/ Physics Nerd priests.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
tried playing this (on pc) but the game automatically starts in windowed mode, 800x450 and won't change resolution wtf

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

I really don't get why the Golden Order Greatsword doesn't scale with Int as well as faith to differentiate it more: it's meant to be a Golden Order weapon and the Golden Order is all about Super Religous Math/ Physics Nerd priests.

On the other hand, it does make a warped sort of sense that you upgrade directly from Radagon's personal sword to a sword made of Radagon.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

well the streamer is completely impressive. Especially considering that she isnt just button smashing but predictively smashing buttons and then looking at other screen to play the game with her feet. The amount of concentration that takes is simply unbelievable. And i never noticed that elden ring has input buffer this long.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I was inspired by previous posts to try out the Coiled Shield, and it's really funny. I'm usually not a shield guy but a shield that attacks people is just the kind of wacky nonsense I'm here for. I made a level 50 PVP build (since anything over 100 just seems to be people playing the meta) all about poisoning people, and no one seems to really expect your shield to bite them suddenly.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

It's not "lag", it's the input buffer.

She's knocked down when she presses roll, and the input is buffered until the character is actually able to roll.
Fromsoft games all have really long input buffers, to the point where it can be detrimental sometimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28I9gjunzRA
^here you can see via the input display the player pressing B as they're getting hit, and the game buffers that input so long that a roll comes out once they get out of hitstun(leading to them getting hit again).

Just dark souls 3 and elden ring. Bloodborne, sekiro, and earlier souls don't have this problem. absolutely insane that they copied this from dark souls 3 and then managed to make it even worse: with the different controls for two handing if you press triangle + R1 to switch two handed during an animation, it can buffer the R1 part but not the triangle and lock you into a swing animation you never intended.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Just dark souls 3 and elden ring. Bloodborne, sekiro, and earlier souls don't have this problem. absolutely insane that they copied this from dark souls 3 and then managed to make it even worse: with the different controls for two handing if you press triangle + R1 to switch two handed during an animation, it can buffer the R1 part but not the triangle and lock you into a swing animation you never intended.

This happens to me frequently and I never learn to stop trying to buffer a stance change.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Ash Crimson posted:

tried playing this (on pc) but the game automatically starts in windowed mode, 800x450 and won't change resolution wtf

Does anyone have any solutions to this?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

You must not be very familiar with Kirby lore. The pink fuzzball is a powerful eldritch agent of galactic apocalypse. The existential implications of what happens to creatures he inhales are terrifying.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

You're right that the earlier ones are (a lot) shorter, but every dark souls game has a noticeable input buffer.

This may be my frame of reference from other sorts of games but ds1 having something like a ~0.3 second buffer feels like a lot to me.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Ash Crimson posted:

Make sure the folder and the config file aren’t set to read-only or try manually editing the config?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try hitting Alt+Enter?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Darth Nat posted:

I was inspired by previous posts to try out the Coiled Shield, and it's really funny. I'm usually not a shield guy but a shield that attacks people is just the kind of wacky nonsense I'm here for. I made a level 50 PVP build (since anything over 100 just seems to be people playing the meta) all about poisoning people, and no one seems to really expect your shield to bite them suddenly.

Isn't it stupid and great?!

It's the dumbest thing and it works beautifully

It's why I love Mount Gelmir as a zone, it's full of some of the wackiest items in the game and just let's you go nuts.

I need to do a Serpent Shield/ Finger hammer build for maximum nonsense

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ash Crimson posted:

From steam community, couldn't see how to copy a URL from the app:

"Here is the solution found by user Benjamh :
if you're on win 10 or 11 it should be like this --> go to settings -> system -> display and from there if you scroll down you should find graphics settings
There you should have the option to search for an app, you'll have to add Elden ring to it.
Your Elden ring is by default in your steam folder so here it is on my computer
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ELDEN RING\Game and you should fin eldenring.exe
Add it and then click on it to check the maximum performance."

Edit: I'm sure this isn't news to the rest of the thread but I've started a new play through as a melee character and I'm growing a little disappointed with how good jumping heavy attacks are. I was simply doing them openers but, the first time I started playing with range and reengaging repeatedly I realized it's some seriously effective nonsense. I feel like mario, just standing by enemies and even bosses, jumping in place.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 15, 2022

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

When I quit Elden Ring on PC, it quits, and then it pops up a full-screen black window for several seconds. I can simply alt-tab out of it, and it goes away after a bit, but it's annoying. Anybody else have this? A solution?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I have that problem as well but don't have a solution, sorry.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Only solution i've found is going offline/not using the anti cheat one :(

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Speaking of anti cheat, has anyone tried the mod that gives full continuous co-op? If I use it, do I have do anything to avoid being banned or anything like that?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Jack B Nimble posted:

Speaking of anti cheat, has anyone tried the mod that gives full continuous co-op? If I use it, do I have do anything to avoid being banned or anything like that?

The total co-op mod doesn't go through the official servers so it doesn't trigger any kind of anti-cheat. The downside is you have to build a new character from scratch or jump through hoops to import your save from the official folder to the mod one and use cheatengine or something to give them the new items.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

SkeletonHero posted:

The total co-op mod doesn't go through the official servers so it doesn't trigger any kind of anti-cheat. The downside is you have to build a new character from scratch or jump through hoops to import your save from the official folder to the mod one and use cheatengine or something to give them the new items.

That's fine with me, I think I'd rather keep it separate.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

When I quit Elden Ring on PC, it quits, and then it pops up a full-screen black window for several seconds. I can simply alt-tab out of it, and it goes away after a bit, but it's annoying. Anybody else have this? A solution?

I had this until I switched from full screen to borderless windowed.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Kind of impressed that the Dung Eater is the avatar of The Toxic Souls Guy and Subterranean Shunning-Grounds is the masterpiece of pee-pee poo-poo sewer/swamp levels in From games. They really nailed it. Just explored every possible route and nook and cranny and there isn't a begrudging scowl big enough.

BORN TO COMPLETIONIST
SEWERS IS A gently caress
find em all 2022
i am poop man
410,757,864,530 dead gargoyles/omens

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I did not finish my Frenzied Flame run, but Subterranean Shunning-Grounds really was a great last dungeon to end my Elden Ring playthroughs on

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love the pipes

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Love how Marika’s godlike power and wisdom convinced the world that the best sanitation system for the royal capital was a bunch of confusing rear end useless not-even-flowable pipes that all feed into a gigantic loving open vertical shaft with her demonic basement dwelling son at the bottom of it.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

skasion posted:

Love how Marika’s godlike power and wisdom convinced the world that the best sanitation system for the royal capital was a bunch of confusing rear end useless not-even-flowable pipes that all feed into a gigantic loving open vertical shaft with her demonic basement dwelling son at the bottom of it.

Sewers were never designed to be functional, just to keep people away from the evidence of genocide. In Marika's own words "Who's going to go walking around all the poop? They'll never find the truth."

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

War Wizard posted:

Sewers were never designed to be functional, just to keep people away from the evidence of genocide. In Marika's own words "Who's going to go walking around all the poop? They'll never find the truth."

I see spoken echoes of Queen Marika linger even in this very thread :hmmyes:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i haven't played in a while, are the main recent changes the pvp modes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

actionjackson posted:

i haven't played in a while, are the main recent changes the pvp modes?

There have been a bunch of balance changes to weapons and ashes of war, some of them PvP only. The big one for PvE is that Flame of the Redmanes' poise damage got nerfed into the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds.