Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
"buttcoin is independent of stonk movement and is inflation proof"

*does things that contradict the above in the most hilariously fin. ruinous way*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Crypto rises on better than expected inflation news, wherever that may be (US yesterday, UK today). Bitcoin is highly correlated with the NASDAQ, even though people delude themselves that it is a hedge against inflation.

I would not expect anything dramatic to happen to Binance, Coinbase, et al. There is still a huge groundswell of belief that crypto is the future, even though Bitcoin has been around since 2009 and has achieved basically no penetration in anything except the minds of those that believe forever that it is the future.

This shared belief is what props the likes of Binance up and gives it self-sustaining credibility. FTX was formed in 2019 and only collapsed this year. Such is the nature of these things that Binance could endure for years or collapse in the space of a week, if there were sufficient momentum or doubt. Ponzi schemes can run for years and due to their nature investors can get in and out at fortuitous times, before it collapses, and to them it has the appearance of something legitimate.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Deki posted:

His adderall dosage is pretty reasonable at least assuming "every 4 hours" doesnt mean hes constantly on it all day, no idea how it interacts with anything else but I know a few people who take twice that.

MAOI’s effectively boost amphetamines.
Recommendation when in combo with a MAOI is to run at around half your standard dose.

Or, to put it another way, ya boi’s tweakin’

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
TCC taught us all years ago that nothing is a better anti-drug message than seeing nerds do them.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1603052799243288578

Finally now that the fraud is endemic we can finally go back to normal.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

:golfclap:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Conveniently not mentioning his shady GOP donations, of course.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The ones he probably actually got busted for since while he talked up his Dem contributions the Republican ones were done on the sly.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

the rules lawyering is definitely peak bitcoin

"No, I didn't abuse drugs or take them improperly. I have a prescription. All of my employees had private, official prescriptions. I mean I had a company doctor handing out prescriptions to everyone I am not at all hiding behind "private medical issues" and the sanctity of a prescription to cover for a doctor's pad I paid for. Ignore the former employees telling everyone about how the company encouraged them all to get the same prescriptions. I simply can't get through a court appearance without suffering withdrawals and needing special permission to go coat myself in Adderall and Parkinson's medications. "
He is right that the patch form of whateveritis is sold as a depression drug,, not a Parkinson's drug. On the other hand, MAO inhibitors are a very last resort for depression, because of the extreme dietary limitations required.

e:f, b

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Arsenic Lupin posted:

He is right that the patch form of whateveritis is sold as a depression drug,, not a Parkinson's drug. On the other hand, MAO inhibitors are a very last resort for depression, because of the extreme dietary limitations required.

e:f, b

that explains the thousands of vegan shrimp a week.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Salt Fish posted:

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1603052799243288578

Finally now that the fraud is endemic we can finally go back to normal.

Love that the kid from The OC is testifying to congress on Bitcoin

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
It's almost like the whole 'industry' is built upon a foundation of fraud! Better not do anything about it though, that might undermine the fraud.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

What happens in one of these hearings if one of the people told O'Leary and Sinema "you sound bought"?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Squiggle posted:

What happens in one of these hearings if one of the people told O'Leary and Sinema "you sound bought"?

Nothing happens at all.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

"why isn't SBF arrested yet? the system is corrupt!!!!"

*SBF gets arrested*

"they arrested SBF to hide their crimes!"

can't win with these people

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Zero One posted:

It's been one of the most interesting career twists in a while. Guy's been on TV consistently for like 20 years and decides that crypto is just such an incredibly obvious scam that he takes a break from acting to become an independent journalist covering the industry. Now he's giving testimony to Congress.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
do we know if he tried meditation and gratitude journaling before going on MAOIs

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Nothing happens at all.

solid

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Famously, after you arrest someone, you never speak to them again

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Zero One posted:

I thought you were joking at first, but hot drat that really is him.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

CharlestheHammer posted:

Famously, after you arrest someone, you never speak to them again
If the arrested guy knows what's good for them, yes.

Good news about learning things from Fried Bankmans though.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Lazyfire posted:

It's been one of the most interesting career twists in a while. Guy's been on TV consistently for like 20 years and decides that crypto is just such an incredibly obvious scam that he takes a break from acting to become an independent journalist covering the industry. Now he's giving testimony to Congress.

Unless I’m mixing up actors he has an econ degree from the University of Virginia.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Lazyfire posted:

lol wut

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

twerking on the railroad posted:

I'm waiting for the prosecution of SBF's parents to begin cause ...

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/the-parents-in-the-middle-of-ftxs-collapse/

Lol. Way to put your own names on the $16.4 million Bahamas property
Reading this puts his SBF's lovely, enabling parents into a much harsher light than just being educated people who raised a weirdo son.

quote:

Bankman and Fried supported their son’s work, although Fried expressed concerns about his lifestyle. “The sleep worries me,” she said in an interview with The New York Times in May. “I just hope that it’s not exacting a high price on him.”
LOL, that's what this idiot was worried about? I can't wait until the have the greasy, stinky, disgusting details of his orgy group thrown at them.

quote:

Sanon worked with Bankman on a financial literacy initiative for low-to-moderate-income adults enrolled in education programs. As part of the collaboration, students who did not have bank accounts could open one linked to FTX’s platform, giving them the option to spend their money on cryptocurrency. Nobody was pushed to buy digital currencies through FTX, Sanon said, but one participant chose to do so.

In Washington, Bankman-Fried invoked the Florida program as he pressed for legislation to make the United States more hospitable to the crypto industry, testifying to a House committee that the initiative would help low-income people “build savings.”

After FTX collapsed, however, Sanon informed Bankman that some participants in the FTX initiative may have lost funds they had stored on the platform (including money that students had received as a stipend for joining the program).
LMAO. These loving ghouls.

quote:

Still, many people in the family’s social circle view the situation through a sympathetic lens, according to interviews with more than a dozen friends and colleagues. They insist that Bankman and Fried couldn’t have known about any wrongdoing at FTX, while acknowledging that Bankman may have been naive in his embrace of crypto.

“It’s like a Greek tragedy,” said John Donohue, a colleague who has attended Sunday dinners at Bankman and Fried’s home. “The story of flying too close to the sun, and having your wings singed.”
Yeah, the lawyer that flew to the Bahamas once a month and put his name on a $16 milly mansion for his son's ponzi scheme had no idea what was going on. Totally unable to figure it out while helping the company with legal matters and sitting in the office with all the unwashed dweebs. The mom, who happily used as many FTX "donations" as possible for her effective altruism cult, was also totally unaware. Totally.

quote:

The stress of the situation is exacting a toll: Bankman looks as if he has aged 10 years in one month, a friend said.
I hope this old man rots in jail. lmao.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LOL

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

:lmao:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
you’re telling me a Bankman Fried this Sam?

naem
May 29, 2011

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I love those NFTs. Real clog heads know.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

For real. He went from OC to Southland to Gotham to writing a book on crypto being a scam.

Tulip Contextia
Dec 15, 2022

Nope

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 15, 2022

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Netherlands-Flourishing Tulips

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012
Scam Bankman Fraud

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
The blockchain based nazi computer looks more like discord on phone now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1603257829183438850?s=20&t=cWAMhrmFrJGIxM_AYREStA

Coinbase (and Tesla) are going bust soon.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Her middle name is Duddy, lol.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
are those techonology companies or scams?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Ups_rail posted:

are those techonology companies or scams?

Yes

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

That woman likes she has managed to accomplish the Thatcher Effect in real life.

https://www.learning-mind.com/thatcher-effect-incredible-optical-illusion/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Love the 'schoolboy reluctantly forced into formal clothing' vibe he has going there.