Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

from the looks of it Subnautica's recent 2.0 update was pretty huge, might have to finally play that game all the way through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone else getting washed out corners during gameplay in Witcher 3? Looks fine in cutscenes and conversations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

(Gna was harder than Hrolf)

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

People were joking, but Bandai Namco already said they’re planning an Elden Ring show, though it’s gonna be anime rather than prestige live action.

I don’t think any of Bandai’s anime projects have ever been any good, so we’re not likely to see anything an the level of Trigger being hired for Cyberpunk.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Witcher looks SO BEAUTIFUL with this update, the hair is still very of its time but everything else looks to have been upgraded to like end-of-gen-PS4 level at least. It already held up nicely but now it’s like jesus loving christ

Unfortunately for some reason it looks really juddery on my TV for reasons that I don’t understand. The in-TV thing says it’s running at a solid 60, and when I uploaded a clip of an especially jerky moment it looked perfect, so it probably isn’t the game……but I have absolutely no idea what the heck is happening

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

If the can't make LOTR good for billions of dollars there is zero chance for this.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHvMaUH-3TM

New Wo Long trailer, still looking rad.

There's also a really loving long preview of the new Harry Potter game out there, for those with any interest.

mcmagic posted:

If the can't make LOTR good for billions of dollars there is zero chance for this.

I think the quality is more a question of the showrunner's talent than the studio. So it's more correct to say that if they couldn't make a mega-budget WoT show good there's zero chance for this.

The Expanse rules BTS stuff makes it sound like Naren Shankar was the driving force that made it work, idk how much creative work Mark Fergus had with it.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Biomutant is a cool/weird gem, real glad I got to play it from ps+ as I never would have otherwise. I convinced the first two tribes to join me without a fight and the game gave me the option to automatically convince all other tribes / outposts to join instantly. Just wiped out a set of main quests with a dialogue option.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bugblatter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHvMaUH-3TM

New Wo Long trailer, still looking rad.

Koei-Tecmo is def looking so much stronger these days, much more cohesive house style. Wo Long's art direction is still just mashing up Sekiro and Bloodborne, but it's doing it with a lot of confidence. I can't fault studios for not being able to top FROM's aesthetic style and instead just doubling down on other things. So yeah, lookin good.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bugblatter posted:

I don’t think any of Bandai’s anime projects have ever been any good, so we’re not likely to see anything an the level of Trigger being hired for Cyberpunk.

the Scarlet Nexus anime was fine

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently the Zestiria anime is better than the game! (Not difficult)

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Elden Ring has nice models, just make a show using them like Reboot. Actually... cross them over

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
What the gently caress is up with the spoken dialog in the Forspoken demo? Not even the delivery/writing, which is pretty mixed, but the quality. The main character sounds ok, although it doesn't sound like she's mixed in with the environment or something. Flat. But the bracelet guy, holy poo poo. It sounds like he recorded all of his lines in a toilet. Not at all exaggerating.

Maybe it's supposed to be muffled because he is a bracelet? I even switched headphones in case mine were faulty...but no, it sounds like he recorded his lines on speaker phone whilst making GBS threads. Absolutely terrible lol

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

i have very little faith in this. they should go the witcher route and just kinda lean into some of the goofier bits

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Every streamer must have a Sony Dad Game adaptation

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Tubi presents Bloodborne

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Quibi's Elden Ring, episode 288: the Radahn Festival (Pt 3)

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Arist posted:

Apparently the Zestiria anime is better than the game! (Not difficult)

It turned into the Berseria anime for two whole episodes so of course it was better.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wilkins Micawber posted:

What the gently caress is up with the spoken dialog in the Forspoken demo? Not even the delivery/writing, which is pretty mixed, but the quality. The main character sounds ok, although it doesn't sound like she's mixed in with the environment or something. Flat. But the bracelet guy, holy poo poo. It sounds like he recorded all of his lines in a toilet. Not at all exaggerating.

Maybe it's supposed to be muffled because he is a bracelet? I even switched headphones in case mine were faulty...but no, it sounds like he recorded his lines on speaker phone whilst making GBS threads. Absolutely terrible lol

The mixing sounded really weird to me, yeah. Hopefully they get it in better shape by launch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Someone mentioned it being like fantasy Infamous and boy if that wasn't an easy example of what would've been cool to have.

I can't even think of any games where you combine different magic types to do special effects aside from Magicka and Genshin Impact but I've never been a PC gamer so I'm probably just not looking in the right places.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Waarg posted:

Elden Ring prestige series when?

go watch 1981’s Excalibur, it’s generally believed to be the movie that inspired a young Miyazaki that he’s referenced in interviews

it’s weird as hell and a pretty fun time

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol sure. How they gonna adapt the sex qte with massive honkers, or the brilliant writing of god of war 3 and punching a god to death for 5 hours????

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol sure. How they gonna adapt the sex qte with massive honkers, or the brilliant writing of god of war 3 and punching a god to death for 5 hours????

Would watch the hell out of that adaptation tbh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

Witcher looks SO BEAUTIFUL with this update, the hair is still very of its time but everything else looks to have been upgraded to like end-of-gen-PS4 level at least. It already held up nicely but now it’s like jesus loving christ

Unfortunately for some reason it looks really juddery on my TV for reasons that I don’t understand. The in-TV thing says it’s running at a solid 60, and when I uploaded a clip of an especially jerky moment it looked perfect, so it probably isn’t the game……but I have absolutely no idea what the heck is happening

Tv bullshit mixed with eurojank. Im hearing the same for rt 30fps too on fancy tvs. I will report when i hit the path later today (30fps forever hmm yesss baby)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Would watch the hell out of that adaptation tbh

Yeah god punch is always fun. Its funny tho to see the flood gates of video game adaptations start lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vikar I love your energy itt so much just throwing that out there

I wish I wasn’t enjoying Ragnarok so much, I want to play TW3 so bad but the two games are too similar for me to swap back and forth

e: not that they’re similar really but I avoid situations like, two third person action rpg fantasy games at the same time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fantavision sequel with VR support announced

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/fantavision-202x-announced-for-ps5-with-ps-vr2-support

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

HO-LEE poo poo!

I played the hell out of Fantavision. What a great choice for a deep pull.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Vikar I love your energy itt so much just throwing that out there

I wish I wasn’t enjoying Ragnarok so much, I want to play TW3 so bad but the two games are too similar for me to swap back and forth

e: not that they’re similar really but I avoid situations like, two third person action rpg fantasy games at the same time

Still need to get on ragnarok but hearing its 100 long is giving commitment issues!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

from the looks of it Subnautica's recent 2.0 update was pretty huge, might have to finally play that game all the way through

Apparently somehow it knocked TLOU out of my top 5 report this year despite TLOUsdays. It's an interesting game. I'm not as evangelical about it as some as I had a lot of issues with it, but the fact that I played one of those "pick poo poo up off the ground" games for so long is unprecedented. That 2.0 update sounds cool.

Below Zero was loving boring though even if it looked way better.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I finally finished Ragnarok. I had to take a 3 week break for work stuff and it was hard to come back (forgot all about one of the relic power sets), but i just turned it down to easy and had fun with it. 45 hours or thereabouts (I'm really slow, and I know I fell asleep at least once while playing).

I greatly enjoyed my time with Kratos & Co. I know there's still a lot more left to clean up and some side quests but I think I'll switch over to the Tactics or something for a break.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Witcher PS5 kinda feels like it's got some bad frame pacing issues or... something. Apparently, the PC version has even more severe problems with the update.

It's a true CDPR release. :)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I still just have a PS4, and am still 90 some hours into Witcher 3, at a pace of about 30 hours per year. I'm gonna beat that game one day. It is pretty cool.

Cool to hear the Ragnarok takes, I've gotta beat God of War (2018) while we're at it. I was marathoning Yakuza games then RDR2 etc at the time, played I think 15 hours or so.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

Tv bullshit mixed with eurojank. Im hearing the same for rt 30fps too on fancy tvs. I will report when i hit the path later today (30fps forever hmm yesss baby)

Bugblatter posted:

Witcher PS5 kinda feels like it's got some bad frame pacing issues or... something.

Very glad to hear it’s not just me! It definitely feels like frame pacing yeah. Hopefully they can sort it out soon enough but y’know lol and lmao and all that

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Uhm what? I already finished it and the sequel but I’d immediately play it again if something changed?

Also, re GoW tv series. Yeah they should 100% do the HBO move with TLOU and cast the VA as the main actor. We know those characters more by their voice than anything else. He’d be amazing. He said some incredible stuff when he got best actor at the game awards and he deserves more recognition like that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Still need to get on ragnarok but hearing its 100 long is giving commitment issues!

Ragnarok is only 100 hours long if you clear every single scrap of content then spend 60 hours idling

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Ragnarok is only 100 hours long if you clear every single scrap of content then spend 60 hours idling

Yeah thats what i do

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah thats what i do

A True Gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Still don't know how my 100% clear ended up at like 54 hours. Does the game timer keep going in Ragnarok when you go to the home menu? I might have been using the media apps while the game was running, which would explain some of it, I suppose.