Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

teen witch posted:

AITA For Unintentional Gleeking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Solkanar512 posted:

AITA for gifting show tickets to my best friend and not my wife?

"I'm sorry, I can't give you the free tickets I got from work to the show you like because it's not quite your birthday and it's too close to christmas and I don't want to play favorites and you're just being greedy anyway."

OP had at least two tickets. Why wouldn't he give one to the wife and one to the mistress "best friend"? It's almost like he doesn't want his wife and this woman who he thinks of before his wife on her birthday to hang out. I wonder why :thunk:

Went to skim the comments for this one, idly curious what the show was (not that it really changes anything) and found this:

commenter posted:

It’s not about the Iranian yoghurt

YTA

OP posted:

who said anything about yogurt? what? I think you might be replying to the wrong post.

cumpantry posted:

yea, why didnt she just scoop out the yogurt

I can't imagine why OP didn't want to scoop 2100 cups of rancid yogurt into the trash, rinse out the tubs, and leave them lying around their 550ft apartment. Clearly the bf not hoarding 2100 cups of yogurt in the first place is out of the question.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 15, 2022

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah but I bet he shits like a champ.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

I bet that shoebox apartment smells great.

AITA for uninviting a friend to my wedding so my bf doesn’t have to take care of him?

quote:

Context: My boyfriend Freddie (30M) and Calum (29M) have been best friends since college. They were roommates and graduated together, and all that stuff.

Me (30F) and Freddie have been dating for 6 years and we are getting married next January. We’re incredibly happy and we can’t wait to have our fabulous wedding. We both deal with anxiety because we have very high profile, demanding jobs… so we agreed to have a small wedding, simple, relaxed and stress-free.

I’ve shared spaces with Callum at my bf’s family events, parties, and he hangs out with my boyfriend a fair amount of time. He's great. I like him.

Here’s the issue though: Callum does this thing where he sits or stands very still and stares into space for a long , long, LONG time. Freddie told me it’s a thing called catatonia, I call that just zooming out (or dissociating as gen Z said (Edit: Three different words. I was wrong)). The problem is that my BF usually babysits him when that happens. I mean, he stays right next to him the whole time. I thought it was like a cute, nice gesture, but on the day of our wedding, I mean, really? That sounds like the opposite of our dream day. He’s even taller than my boyfriend, so just imagine a 6 '4 guy just standing in the middle of our reception, next to the groom, lmao

Here’s the conflict: I talked this privately with Callum, just me and him, and he agreed that he would be a distraction. He declined the invitation. I asked him to not tell anything to my BF and he said he “would be too embarrassed to say anything” I said “Please don’t feel embarrassed, I know it's not your fault” and we left it at that very friendly and politely. I told him he it is more than welcome to join us for our christmas dinner, cause I know he’s not close with his family, and like i said, I like him. I told my BF that Callum declined and he was disappointed but he agreed that less guests fitted with our idea of a small lowkey relaxed wedding, so it was still perfect.

The next day I told my Mom, my sister and my maid of honour, and they were visibly upset with me. My mom said it was an assholy move and that it was “ableist”, but I don’t think that's true because it is not really a disability (Edit: it is), I think it is more about his personality and his “thing” that I know is going to take a toll on my boyfriend that day. I want to make sure I was not a horrible person to pacify my conscience. AITA?

Edit: I thought this subreddit was “AITA” not “please send me d threats and wish the worst for me and my soon to be husband”. Edited to correct what I said about his disability. That was ableist. Edit 2: Too much (well deserved) hate today so I’ll stop with the edits and replies, just gonna say Fred is a loving person and I should be more like him. I owe Calum a huge apology, and my Fred deserves one too, not just for my lie but also bc I know he LOVES Cal. Should've known better.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

I bet that shoebox apartment smells great.

AITA for uninviting a friend to my wedding so my bf doesn’t have to take care of him?

1- It's dumb as poo poo to lie about this because the groom was 100% going to bring it up with Cal at some point
2- There's literally no one else at all who could pair up with Cal and keep an eye on him?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

r/relationships: the Iranian Yogurt is not the issue here

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bruceski posted:

Teaching your own textbook is fine, I had another prof who did that, his books are amazingly readable compared to others on the subject and I'm happy to say he taught like he wrote; but this one guy unfortunately also taught like his textbook. Rambly and difficult to understand.

I had a prof who self-published his own textbook and sold it in the bookstore for a hefty fee. You got extra credit for finding typos or other mistakes, with no limit.

I still have the book, but it's been most useful in its life as a monitor stand.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Post itself isn't worth repeating, but has a killer opener:

quote:

Let me preface this by saying I really love learning about mesoamerican and precolumbian cultures (Aztecs, Maya, Inca, Olmecs, Zapotecs etc ).

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah but I bet he shits like a champ.

He absolutely doesn't, he wasn't eating the yogurt, that's part of the problem here :v:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for kicking a guy out for peeing in my shower? When he was expecting me to come in with him?

quote:

I'd gone on a few dates with a guy Ben, who I met through mutual friends, and he'd stayed over my place last Friday.

On Saturday, he got up to shower and invited me to join him. But when I came in, the bathroom stunk like piss tbh. And he was literally standing in the shower pissing on the wall. Like when he was expecting me to join?

I don't know what he was thinking, the shower reeked, and he'd just peed on the wall that isn't even near the drain, and that has rough shaped natural stone tiles that are hard to clean.

I yelled at him to use the drat toilet and he just kept peeing on the wall??? Till he stopped, and I was like "What the gently caress are you doing" and he was like "Don't pretend you don't pee in the shower" and I told him I literally don't, I piss in the toilet. And hell, even if he acts like that at home, why'd he think it's alright to piss on my fuckin wall?

He was being all condescending like "calm down" and "girl chill" and of course being to calm down never works. I was like "Don't fuckin tell me to calm down, go clean up after yourself and get out" and I grabbed a bottle of bathroom tub and tile cleaner and gave it to him.

I left him alone to clean up and he came out like "is this bleach?" And I was like "Nah it's tub cleaner" and he said it smelled like bleach, and did I really just give him bleach to use on pee? Because you can't do that.

I was like "I genuinely don't give a gently caress, that's the cleaner I got"

He went to clean the bathroom and opened the window cause he was saying you can't use bleach on pee because of some chemicals? But anyway, after that, I told him to head out.

I thought it was just super nasty and weird tbh. I don't know if this is weird for me but I'd be happy to have a whole relationship never seeing my partner's bathroom activities.. let alone after a few dates, without asking, wtf? And it's just so inconsiderate to not even think of cleanup? Like what idiot pees on the far wall of the shower where water doesn't even run over? On rough rock? Dude's just pissing on my walls at that point.

So to me it was pretty obviously nasty as hell and not cool. But I got a call from the mutual friend who introduced us saying he heard I kicked him out at 6am for peeing in the shower? I was like "yeah" and he was like "And then you made him clean with bleach? Bleach on urine? That causes chlorine gas?" And I was like "how was I supposed to know that? I gave him my tub and tile cleaner"

My friend told me I was out of line and he regretted introducing us because he figured I'd be chill. I was like "dude would you be chill if I came by and pissed on your poo poo?"

He said it's not pissing on my "poo poo" everyone pees in the shower. So does he. I was like I really don't need to know that about you honestly.

AITA for kicking my date out for peeing on my shower wall in front of me?

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

darkwasthenight posted:

Plot twist: the kid was spray-painting "FREE PALESTINE" on walls.

*Dad pulls mask off Tik-Tok*

Old man CSPAM???

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for kicking a guy out for peeing in my shower? When he was expecting me to come in with him?

I never thought about it before, but maybe keeping a container of bleach within easy reach is the best way to quickly get rid of gross pee boys :science:

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Invisible Clergy posted:

The comments are full of goblins defending the pee guy. Apparently, there is a large swath
of people who get the urge to pee once the hot water hits them, but never think to use
the toilet first.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
It's one thing to pee directly into the shower drain, they go the same place and you're (ideally) following it with soap and water. It's another thing to piss on a completely separate part of the shower, what the hell.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Wasting extra water by flushing the toilet rather than just peeing in the shower is honestly a really weird hangup that people have. I wouldn't do it with someone else in the shower though, and especially not on the wall rather than toward the drain lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
On the one hand just loving spray it with the shower water it's liquid it's gonna wash off if you aren't letting it fester. On the other hand when the shower's owner is going "stop actively pissing I am speaking to you and telling you to stop." Then you stop loving pissing. God drat.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
The only thing Shower Piss Man did wrong was getting caught :colbert:

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Some people have some really rancid pee though. I've had people at work stink up the bathroom with their lingering pee smell, I definitely would not let them piss in my shower.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
You shouldn't be dating someone who isn't properly hydrated anyways.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Sounds like the guy deliberately pissed on a part of the shower wall that doesn’t get much run off. Hence the whole room reeking. When done properly, no one is the wiser.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

quote:

Yeah fr I'm honestly wondering if the dude's ever heard of drinking a cup of water, like I didn't even have to go in the shower stall, the whole bathroom was rank

That seems like a UTI thing.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The issue isn't the shower piss.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

deety posted:

The problem with the Cricut is that this guy is treating all crafts like they're interchangeable. You can't even chalk it up to him not listening because he knew he was looking at the wrong thing. He just decided that since she wanted a sewing machine, she should be equally happy with anything else that he sees as a lady gadget for ladies.

a cricut would be an incredibly thoughtful gift for someone into fabric crafting who regularly makes clothes from scratch and wanted to up their game, cutting patterns is a primary use case. also fantastic for drawing designs on cloth with fabric markers and doing iron-ons (which it sounds like was the dude's thought for his wife considering he also got their heat press thing)

not as thoughtful for someone stuck with a sewing machine they wanted to replace, though

trickybiscuits posted:

I sew and this whole story is giving me ptsd.

it aggressively upsells you on a subscription that just gets you some lovely fonts and project templates but it's not required or anything; you can upload any vector image. inkscape is free and has a tool that automagics bitmaps into vectors very easily.

the lovely gcode algorithm is mandatory tho and it sux. considering a cameo next.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Kitfox88 posted:

On the one hand just loving spray it with the shower water it's liquid it's gonna wash off if you aren't letting it fester. On the other hand when the shower's owner is going "stop actively pissing I am speaking to you and telling you to stop." Then you stop loving pissing. God drat.
Maybe he deserves some discomfort, but it can be hard to just stop. Yeah though, don't just pee on someone's shower wall like that! Ew.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The guy (M22) I’ve (F22) been seeing says his type is lesbians

quote:

Me and this guy have just started hanging out, have maybe seen each other 7 times in total, and today we started discussing stuff we’re into. I asked him what he was into and he said lesbians. When I asked what he meant he said he likes the aesthetic and personality of lesbians, but then he went out to say that he like girls that are into girls, which just doesn’t make sense to me. Does this seem weird to you guys?

TLDR; the guy I’m seeing says he’s into lesbians and I don’t know what that means, as he is a straight male.

Reply 4 months ago

quote:

Yikes. Hard pass on him, girl. Trust me.

OP today

quote:

I wish I had listened!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m no pissologist but I don’t think bathroom cleaner on a watered down stream of piss is gonna create enough chlorine gas to kill you.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for saying a slur for money?

quote:

Ok so looking back on this it’s very stupid, so I’m just going to keep it short. Basically at my school people just love to try and manipulate me. I was promised 20$ to say the n slur and I said it, because I thought “well anybody would do that!” 2 months later people are still gossiping and hate me, and now I’m wondering if I was actually in the wrong here. I should have known how obvious it was they were going to do that because people love manipulating me into saying something and destroying my reputation. AITA?

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

teen witch posted:

AITA For Unintentional Gleeking?

What a dick. If he'd accidentally knocked her meal onto the floor, would he be shocked and outraged that she asked him to buy her a new one? Why wouldn't you apologize and order a replacement? Yeah, it was an accident, but you just ruined her meal. No one wants to eat your spit, dude.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Rabble posted:

I'm particularly fond of the dad telling the OP that he wouldn't have abandoned her with her grandparents if he knew she was going to act prejudiced toward polyamory.

:hmmyes:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for saying a slur for money?

it says they were promised the $20 but not whether they received the $20, story needs more info

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Private Cumshoe posted:

it says they were promised the $20 but not whether they received the $20, story needs more info

I'll tell you whether they did or did not get the money they were promised.
For $30

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'll tell you whether they did or did not get the money they were promised.
For $30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPqAcOnEBUI

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Invisible Clergy posted:

I love these dudes were smart enough to realize bleach and ammonia make chlorine gas and applied that to piss. "I can't clean the bathroom because I'll make chlorine gas if I do" is for sure a new one for this thread.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Move over, pee guy

AITA for requesting my fiancé to stop picking his nose in front of me?

quote:

I (30F) have caught my fiancé (30M) picking his nose on numerous occasions. He never does this in public but has done it while we have been sitting on the couch together and in the car together. When he does it I point it out and ask him not to do it and I’ve also handed him the tissue box a few times so he would take the hint. I’ve seen him pick is nose and roll the booger between his fingers. He will also seem to hold the booger between his fingers as if he doesn’t know what to do with it but also is in no rush to get rid of it? I have also seen him put it in the pocket of his shirt. He never uses a tissue. Tonight, in the car, I asked him not to pick his nose and asked if he could wait until we got to the restaurant for him to go in the bathroom. I think he’s had his limit of me getting on his case about this because he said he’s “grooming himself” and he’s not going to be asked not to do that. I told him he wouldn’t do that in public and he said “I’m not doing it in public” as if it’s acceptable to do that behavior infront of me. All I am asking is for him to use tissues or go to the bathroom to “groom himself”. So Reddit, I have to know. AITA?!

"You're just my fiance, who cares what you think of me"

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

HookedOnChthonics posted:

a cricut would be an incredibly thoughtful gift for someone into fabric crafting who regularly makes clothes from scratch and wanted to up their game, cutting patterns is a primary use case. also fantastic for drawing designs on cloth with fabric markers and doing iron-ons (which it sounds like was the dude's thought for his wife considering he also got their heat press thing)

not as thoughtful for someone stuck with a sewing machine they wanted to replace, though

I don't think he put nearly as much thought into it as you just did though. If he had, he'd have explained his reasoning in the post. He just saw a Cricut and decided it was more interesting than what she wanted.

As a quilter whose vintage sewing machine can be eccentric, I'd be really disappointed if someone promised me a new machine and then dropped a grand on a device I had zero interest in, especially something with an extra learning curve.

Maybe I'm just extra mad at this guy because all I want for Christmas is a needle down feature and the ability to still sew while my beast is in the shop.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

deety posted:

I don't think he put nearly as much thought into it as you just did though. If he had, he'd have explained his reasoning in the post. He just saw a Cricut and decided it was more interesting than what she wanted.

As a quilter whose vintage sewing machine can be eccentric, I'd be really disappointed if someone promised me a new machine and then dropped a grand on a device I had zero interest in, especially something with an extra learning curve.

Maybe I'm just extra mad at this guy because all I want for Christmas is a needle down feature and the ability to still sew while my beast is in the shop.

He didn't promise her a new machine. She said that she would like one. That doesn't obligate him to buy one. He tried to do even better instead of giving the laziest gift of all time, and then she threw a tantrum like a toddler. She sucks, he's awesome, and they should ditch each other so she can get the sugar daddy that she actually wants.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Lol

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Captain Hygiene posted:

Move over, pee guy

AITA for requesting my fiancé to stop picking his nose in front of me?

"You're just my fiance, who cares what you think of me"

quote:

I have also seen him put it in the pocket of his shirt.

That needed to be bolded.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you have a better suggestion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sowing the seeds for a future booger hoard discovery, I'm just waiting to hear more.