Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

jeffreyw posted:

Yeah he’s paying his rear end in taxes. Even more so if he’s in CA and not TX. An incredibly inefficient means to gain liquidity.

It’s gotten to the point that investors on social media are actually clowning on him since it’s clear he’s having the biggest midlife crisis in history with no sign of ending.

pls post the investor's going "lol" professionally at musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I would just like to say thank you to Elon for providing such quality free entertainment.

The billion dollar clown.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

tuo posted:

Basically was just a slap on the wrist that Twitter HAS to remove targeted hate speech (in this case unfounded accusation of pedophilia) if the target reports it to Twitter, which they apparently haven't in the past.

This is funny in two ways:
  1. This makes Elon's "Pedo Guy" exchange even funnier in retrospect.
  2. This gives the "no 'mods knew' jokes rule" the force of law.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

god please help me posted:

pls post the investor's going "lol" professionally at musk

Its not that funny beyond a complete 180 on Musk’s image. Previously you had a lot of the investor class worshipping the ground he walks on because why wouldn’t you. He could pump literally anything and Tesla’s stock growth is ridiculous to say the least.

Now stock watchers are basically wondering what the floor for Tesla is because it’s basically got the perfect descending triangle, it’s clear that Musk hasn’t got a lot of liquid assets that don’t involve Tesla stocks, and is going to keep shoving cash into Twitter despite being a humongous sunk cost.

Edit: The real interesting thing to look for are the investor lawsuits. As investing subreddits are pointing out, investors are left holding the bag while Musk is openly using their investment on an insolvent business with no profitable business model. It’s really wild to watch.

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 15, 2022

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Somethings a miss

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
elon musk will become the first man to upload himself to the tron universe and the first man to be derezzed in the tron universe

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
He broke the TOS

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

There's going to be a lot of bad internet sleuthing as to who that guy is, if he's with an org, etc. Best to treat stuff from random Twitter people skeptically as hell unless it's backed by something other than "the shadows don't look right to me".

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

PITY BONER posted:

He broke the TOS

big lol thank you

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

spunkshui posted:

I would just like to say thank you to Elon for providing such quality free entertainment.

The billion dollar clown.

Amazing, its been like 2 days since the Chappelle disaster?? And now he's going to get roasted over a fake dox video? This is great.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

HE’S RICK, BITCH!

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Tiny Timbs posted:

How do I tell Vanguard I don’t appreciate them investing my money in losers
Don't buy index funds? That's why Vanguard owns so much, Tesla is in all the indexes.

Maybe Vanguard can offer an "Index of non-loser CEO companies" fund

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Can this man Elon musk remotely brick peoples Teslas if he knows they posted about him? Is this a thing he could possibly due to customers?

I think for Teslas the correct term is "briquette"

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Lol this is the one video I've played in a twitter embed that just ran perfectly when I hit play. No buffering, no stopping at 5 seconds, no error message. It just goes.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaraBull808/status/1603252714183352320

These people are insane and gonna murder someone. But they're so loving insane that they can't make someone a valid murder target unless that person is trans.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

lol @ "I don't know how to get Elon's attention". Just code faster, dude

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
What exactly about that person makes them seem Trans?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

A farting mink posted:

They are "the enemy"

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Also lol at "I found a picture of a person with their face mostly covered, as the actor Elon hired has, this must be them" loving dumbest fucks on Earth

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

How do I tell Vanguard I don’t appreciate them investing my money in losers

A lot of their stuff is just passive index funds so as long as Tesla is listed on an exchange and included in the S&P 500 they'll be holding a big chunk of it.

dr_rat posted:

Getting out a head of not at the end of a crash? But yeah twitter has some costs to keep running, but one they shouldn't be anywhere near that much, two he doesn't seem to actually seem to be putting money towards a lot of those costs anyway.

Possibly he has a bunch of none Twitter related things he needs money for as well?

If he has borrowed against the value of his Tesla shares he probably can't afford them to decline in value too much or they lender might insist on getting their money back.

Krispy Wafer posted:

That lawsuit about his 55 billion pay package is an activist lawsuit, just using a guy with 7 shares as the proxy so the institutional investors don’t get blowback. So it’s possible they are pushing back.

It’s not likely to win, but boy howdy if it does. That would be a massive amount of wealth for Elon to lose, some of which is undoubtedly leveraged against.

Is it $55 billion in cash or shares? If it's shares they're probably not worth $55 billion any more.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
I know the old refrain that given his wealth, Elon will never face any real consequences, but are we allowed to hope that he ends up like a Holmes or SBF? He is losing rich people money right now, and it feels like there is a theoretical tipping point at which even the exceptionally wealthy start facing consequences for that.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

A farting mink posted:

It helps them justify violence against people. If they're trans or a drag queen or even ever crossdressed, then they're a groomer and valid to be killed on sight.

Just fascists doing fascist poo poo. Nothing to worry about.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Halisnacks posted:

I know the old refrain that given his wealth, Elon will never face any real consequences, but are we allowed to hope that he ends up like a Holmes or SBF? He is losing rich people money right now, and it feels like there is a theoretical tipping point at which even the exceptionally wealthy start facing consequences for that.

I think Tesla is an excellent candidate for some accounting fraud. It’s hideously over valued (it’s still worth 10x what Ford is worth), isn’t performing especially well financially, is already suffering large falls in share price, and Musk’s ability to do dumb poo poo like buy Twitter depends largely on his Tesla shares being worth a lot of money.

The temptation to, for example, capitalise some expenses to make it look more profitable than it really is must be pretty strong.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

So, I mean, I know that the new rule is just there for Musk personally and a few of his friends or friendlies, but isn't basically EVERY photo of any event now or really any image taken with any other people in the shot at all in violation?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ReidRansom posted:

So, I mean, I know that the new rule is just there for Musk personally and a few of his friends or friendlies, but isn't basically EVERY photo of any event now or really any image taken with any other people in the shot at all in violation?

No, that's silly.

It's only when it directly makes Elon look bad and/or hurt his feelings.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
ok this made me chuckle

https://twitter.com/MoltisantiThots/status/1603214751126851585

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
They entire point is to have two broad, contradicting rules so you can selectively enforce whichever one suits your agenda.

some nazi making GBS threads his pants in public? picture of a private individual, banned

A drag queen dining at a restaurant? public interest, not doxxing, permitted

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

A farting mink posted:

Transphobes get radicalised on social media. They adopt absurd positions about trans people. But this is just the start. They start spewing their poo poo at the dinner table, at work and with friends. Just pure nonsense that anyone who hasn't gone down the online transphobia hole can't follow. Which isolates them in real life. Which further drives radicalisation and conspiracy thinking which leads to them to think anyone opposing them or anything they like in any way as being part of some grand trans antifa army that is out to get them and eat children. The alternative is them acknowledging the damage their bigotry has cause them and seeking help.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Huh, first thought I had was that that was a picture of Elon in a motorcycle helmet.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Decon posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaraBull808/status/1603252714183352320

These people are insane and gonna murder someone. But they're so loving insane that they can't make someone a valid murder target unless that person is trans.

lol 99% chance this person almost ran a motorcyclist over and got shouted at so now is trying to dox them

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol so many people are arguing that license plates are free game but tracking planes are not

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
https://www.reddit.com/user/N628TS

Registered November 2016. Has Elon been paranoid about people tracking him for 6 years?

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol so many people are arguing that license plates are free game but tracking planes are not

Also anyone asking why the person's alleged queerness matters is being asked why they're defending a criminal.

Just fascist things.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
i honestly don't know who this transphobe is, but it kinda sucks they have over 100k followers (and appears on FOX Business no less!)

what does not shock me, is, like many of the elon muskkkrats, she has investments in crypto and NFTs, still unsure if they invested in that "dogecoin" that elon implied was "to the moon"

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

kilus aof posted:

https://www.reddit.com/user/N628TS

Registered November 2016. Has Elon been paranoid about people tracking him for 6 years?

he's not actually paranoid, he's playing up the "I'm in danger" schtick to garner sympathy and make people who don't like him look like they want to harm him to all of his sycophants, who do want to harm people, in the hopes of getting the internet to bully his online enemies and force them into hiding irl while he retains plausible deniability

everything is an immature schoolyard game to Elon, He's never had consequences in his life, ever, (except getting shoved down the stairs for being a piece of poo poo that one time) so he assumes that other people (who matter) also don't suffer consequences from his behavior, they intentionally bring it on themselves. This way, he feels like he's own behavior is justified, because if anything DOES happen, it's not his fault

and for the people who don't matter, well, they don't matter, if they did, important people would protect them! apartheid mindset, baby

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I wouldn't rule that out, but I also don't think it's impossible that he is paranoid. Dude is literally doing daily affirmations of the 14 words because he has seen one fall of white supremacy already and knows which side he's on.

let people dream that he has nightmares of waking up to a lithium necklace one day, that's not hurting anyone

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s this isn’t it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

learnincurve posted:

It’s this isn’t it?

:argh: antifaaaaaaa

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Has Elon ever publicly credited anyone with the successes at SpaceX or Tesla? Like has he ever said "these engineers" or "this engineer" did a great job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Ashmole posted:

Has Elon ever publicly credited anyone with the successes at SpaceX or Tesla? Like has he ever said "these engineers" or "this engineer" did a great job?

What does your heart tell you?