Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001
it mostly just seems like it's made by someone whose sense of humor is entirely derived by cumtown fandom, which is also the impression i got from the guy when he was on the podcast the other week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Not really giving him enough credit. Ask yourself where they got their sense of humor from?

They didn't invent hanging out and riffing racistly, they're just far funnier and more successful at it than every other person who's done it, and there are a lot

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I think it was funny.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

New York is full of interesting and funny characters it’s just that most comedians either only care about themselves or do navel gazing comedy to really look around and notice them.

A random new york weirdo is funnier than any of these lovely rear end youtube comics

"Mark Hefferfartson SCHOOLS heckler"

gently caress that, bring that homeless dude who says "Bing Bong"

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

it's a funny video, and imo there's not a time limit on satirizing this kind of bullshit. it's not like it isn't still relevant, and they aren't still posting Wakanda Forever the CIA loves our African brothers and sisters poo poo daily

imo you get a pass on saying pretty much whatever you want to/about somebody in the CIA, especially somebody cynically trading on their identity to do literal state department propaganda. if this lady even exists she's a fuckin ghoul

fair if somebody didn't think it was funny, but woke scolding the mockery for "being racist" is literally reinforcing the whole purpose of the propaganda, which is
A. to cloak the actions of probably the most evil organization on the planet behind racial identity and convince morons the CIA is some noble empowerer of the minorities, who should aspire to be complicit in their crimes and
B. to paint people who're antagonized by this and criticize it as racists, spurring conflict as moron group A rallies to defend it and in doing so legitimizes it

refusing to engage with it seriously in any capacity is the right move

also, being racist is funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
got a laugh out of me

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Mandrel posted:

it's a funny video, and imo there's not a time limit on satirizing this kind of bullshit. it's not like it isn't still relevant, and they aren't still posting Wakanda Forever the CIA loves our African brothers and sisters poo poo daily

imo you get a pass on saying pretty much whatever you want to/about somebody in the CIA, especially somebody cynically trading on their identity to do literal state department propaganda. if this lady even exists she's a fuckin ghoul

fair if somebody didn't think it was funny, but woke scolding the mockery for "being racist" is literally reinforcing the whole purpose of the propaganda, which is
A. to cloak the actions of probably the most evil organization on the planet behind racial identity and convince morons the CIA is some noble empowerer of the minorities, who should aspire to be complicit in their crimes and
B. to paint people who're antagonized by this and criticize it as racists, spurring conflict as moron group A rallies to defend it and in doing so legitimizes it

refusing to engage with it seriously in any capacity is the right move

also, being racist is funny

I am a chonga.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i'm still smiling at my old detroit guy boss going off ranting about a lazy guy on our team, yelling that the guy was probably "off somewhere with his feet propped up eating bon-bons, watching Homo TV"

being so mad about a guy who isn't fat or gay that you start wildly accusing him of being both, so much so that he watches something called Homo TV was very funny to me, I've been riding the high for days

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

it was low brow racism.

unlike Nick's high brow cultural affectations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

reminded me of a luis gomez bit which might be the most insulting thing you could say.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Mandrel posted:

i'm still smiling at my old detroit guy boss going off ranting about a lazy guy on our team, yelling that the guy was probably "off somewhere with his feet propped up eating bon-bons, watching Homo TV"
lol

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KoRMaK posted:

it was low brow racism.

unlike Nick's high brow cultural affectations.

It really is funny that people can’t cope with the fact that they like nick so they have to invent reasons why his racist jokes are ok but no one else’s.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol if ROB hadn't made that post none of those random twitter freaks would be saying anything.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Mordja posted:

Lol if ROB hadn't made that post none of those random twitter freaks would be saying anything.

yep

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

The_Rob posted:

It really is funny that people can’t cope with the fact that they like nick so they have to invent reasons why his racist jokes are ok but no one else’s.

nick doesn't always say the most politically correct things but he is one of my best friends and has always been there for me through thick and thin and i know he's a good person deep down

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

if anyone should be making racist videos for nick it shojld be me. this is why i am going to cut off real online boy’s head highlander style

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ben shapino posted:

nick doesn't always say the most politically correct things but he is one of my best friends and has always been there for me through thick and thin and i know he's a good person deep down

hes my boyfriend. we're getting married

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
"Actually Nick speaks some Chinese so it's deep irony when he impersonates a cholo"

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Mordja posted:

hes my boyfriend. we're getting married

i know, he told me

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
We gave Nick the Puto Pass a couple of years ago, its all good

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

if anyone should be making racist videos for nick it shojld be me. this is why i am going to cut off real online boy’s head highlander style

it’s unfortunate but it must be done

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

we need a coordinated submission campaign

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

stavvy’s world patreon droped only 5.69 a month now pound for pound thats just about the best deal you’ll find

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

The_Rob posted:

Yeah, every once in a while somebody posts here out of nowhere to tell everyone that they only like the jokes because it’s a rich deep satire, and molested cholo is actually satirizing people who stereotype Mexicans or something lol.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

stavvy’s world patreon droped only 5.69 a month now pound for pound thats just about the best deal you’ll find

i'm just confused.... i thought he was sick of podcasting??? and now he's back podcasting again???

stump collector
May 28, 2007
and they said that was a teaching moment for them

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'm just confused.... i thought he was sick of podcasting??? and now he's back podcasting again???

drat im starting to think that the breakfast sandwich slight was intentional

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Tetramin posted:

Yeah, every once in a while somebody posts here out of nowhere to tell everyone that they only like the jokes because it’s a rich deep satire, and molested cholo is actually satirizing people who stereotype Mexicans or something lol.

every time i see "molested cholo" i hear the bit in my brain

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/ManMilk2/status/1603362636757958657?t=DIV6mLN7W31Uh5IiTgOOxg&s=19

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/1603489583987040256?t=JWNpeCVWwsl8etvCWoW9MQ&s=19

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the podcast doesn't need a second, lesser nick imo

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Rufus Ping posted:

JRE #1909 - Stavros Halkias

Episode Description
Stavros Halkias is a stand-up comic and host of the new "Stavvy's World" podcast. His latest special, "Stavros Halkias: Live at the Lodge Room," is available on YouTube. https://www.stavvy.biz

3hr 25min

NO loving WAY. oh nice i'm 10 minutes in and guess what he's talked about so far

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Then he's at least aware of basic courtesy and gets a gold star i farted on if he fucks off back to it

actually grevling did, because he and two other cum town posters like redbar, so they also post you dick head. the only haters in there are people from THIS thread making GBS threads on it so i don't feel bad posting in here about it, and when i do it's on topic, besides maybe the ian bit. i originally posted it because i legitimately thought you guys would find it funny, it's literally the only other podcast besides TAFS/cum town i listen to that i laugh out loud to the point that i'm crying laughing, actually nothing else does that, just those two shows and the best parts aren't even really the bits where he's making fun of comedians. it's not like i was posting it just to piss you guys off, i just found it hilarious and i saw someone else compare mike david to nick mullen, so i thought i'd share it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

now you assholes are coming into MY redbar thread making GBS threads on redbar smh ...

imhotep fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 16, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imhotep posted:

actually grevling did, because he and two other cum town posters like redbar, so they also post you dick head. the only haters in there are people from THIS thread making GBS threads on it so i don't feel bad posting in here about it, and when i do it's on topic, besides maybe the ian bit. i originally posted it because i legitimately thought you guys would find it funny, it's literally the only other podcast besides TAFS/cum town i listen to that i laugh out loud to the point that i'm crying laughing, actually nothing else does that, just those two shows and the best parts aren't even really the bits where he's making fun of comedians. it's not like i was posting it just to piss you guys off, i just found it hilarious and i saw someone else compare mike david to nick mullen, so i thought i'd share it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nobody heard about redbar or gave a poo poo about it until you started posting unprompted four-hour videos and when people told you to shut the gently caress up you doubled down. you're not rolling with the punches here

quote:

now you assholes are coming into MY redbar thread making GBS threads on redbar smh ...
embarrassing, get junpei hyde to deal with it via reports if u wanna

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Just voted 1 on your redbar thread :twisted:

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
In my head I hear BILL BILL BILL but it's a very authentic Jewish man someone cure me please.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
still don't know what the gently caress redbar is

is it like a movie production studio or what

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I think it’s related to red letter media which I also know nothing about

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ElGroucho posted:

still don't know what the gently caress redbar is

is it like a movie production studio or what

I’m pretty sure it’s red green

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Every time redbar comes up I think about that idiot from the joe Rohan show that used to be his sidekick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
looks like the podcast portion is back for another year