Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used to think like that

I listened to a huberman podcast and now I am concerned about late night beans

but
if it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Cat Face Joe posted:

im pretty much unaffected by caffeine so whenever

i feel the same way but have ADHD that was unmanaged for decades. does my brain treat caffeine as calming and focusing, or did I just build a huge tolerance using it to self-medicate that whole time?

as they say, “¿por qué no los dos?”

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

dioxazine posted:

the sun never sets on brewtopia

thread title plz

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

good morning to my coffee and my coffee pals

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

dioxazine posted:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

PokeJoe posted:

Sometimes coffee is what motivates me to go to bed. So I can drink it again

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

I used to think like that

I listened to a huberman podcast and now I am concerned about late night beans

but
if it works

huberman is kind of a crackpot sometimes. if it affects you negatively, don’t drink coffee late. if it doesn’t, it’s fine. 2 pm is a cutoff rule I’ve heard some people say but it all depends on your own tolerance levels for caffeine and probably your biology too.

my grandma turned 94 this year and only switched to decaf in the afternoon in the last six months.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

If I drink coffee after like 2 or 3 in the afternoon I'm gonna sleep like poo poo, so no evening coffee for me

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

post hole digger posted:

my grandma turned 94 this year and only switched to decaf in the afternoon in the last six months.

grandma digger owns

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

woke up very late today; 9 minutes before i should have been in the office. no time to make coffee. had an a&w coff (obligatory reminder im in Canada so it's not bad a&w). it was fine.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
hey anyone else here like coffee?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Waifu Radia posted:

i do!!

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Nobody Interesting posted:

woke up very late today; 9 minutes before i should have been in the office. no time to make coffee. had an a&w coff (obligatory reminder im in Canada so it's not bad a&w). it was fine.

Buddy stopped by work yesterday cause he's off his construction job with an injury. He brought coffee from Tim's and I didn't partake, but he also brought Timbits which really hit the spot!!

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Waifu Radia posted:

it pleases me

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

SimonSays posted:

Buddy stopped by work yesterday cause he's off his construction job with an injury. He brought coffee from Tim's and I didn't partake, but he also brought Timbits which really hit the spot!!

Before I get probed, I was already drinking a coffee at the time.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had a 3rd coffee at work because there was free Xmas goodies in the kitchen and like hell im gonna pass up some free sugary treats

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SimonSays posted:

Before I get probed, I was already drinking a coffee at the time.

good save

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dioxazine posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
neat!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etnMr8oUSDo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's me, the person having a coffee right now

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

dioxazine posted:

whoa, same

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

dioxazine posted:

wow same

also i got an unmarked package. wonder whats in it. guess we'll find out the first week of january

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

graph posted:

wow same

also i got an unmarked package. wonder whats in it. guess we'll find out the first week of january

it’s from me, i sent you some good vibes

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dioxazine posted:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
repainting my toilet walls with a high pressure expurger, enjoying a cup from krups, beans from that shop two blocks down. every morning

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

have purchased coffee

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

i listened to a youtube man tell me how leaving the carafe out and letting the coffee bloom before putting it in and also filling up mr coffee with warm liquid would result in a better brew.

i conclude that it is better to not fix what ain't broken in this regard. the coffee is maybe stronger than usual, but it isn't necessarily better. maybe i should try again with fewer beans.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Nobody Interesting posted:

i listened to a youtube man tell me how leaving the carafe out and letting the coffee bloom before putting it in and also filling up mr coffee with warm liquid would result in a better brew.

i conclude that it is better to not fix what ain't broken in this regard. the coffee is maybe stronger than usual, but it isn't necessarily better. maybe i should try again with fewer beans.

I tried those tricks too, and found that the only one that really made a difference was using hot water to fill the machine. Then I got real sick of heating water up before putting it in the machine so I got a better machine

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

dioxazine posted:

hey same ! :)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

tis the season and while i don't hold with flavored coffee in most cases, i have sometimes enjoyed sprinkling some cinnamon on top of a pour over for a "festive touch" before doing the pour

would this work in cold brew? discuss.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i would probably do a sachet of cinnamon stick + maybe nutmeg or something. cinnamon bits in cold coffee seems like it'd be grody

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

back at it again

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jonny 290 posted:

i would probably do a sachet of cinnamon stick + maybe nutmeg or something. cinnamon bits in cold coffee seems like it'd be grody
I generally do my cold brewing in a french press metal vessel and then pour through a filter to get the poo poo out

there would of course be cinnamon dissolved organics

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
looks good. you should return that laundromat's security camera tho

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny 290 posted:

looks good. you should return that laundromat's security camera tho

gently caress that, i fought a janitor for it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

dioxazine posted:

9pm is usually my caffeine cutoff.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Fresh bag of yirg just got put on my coffee shelf. Blessings rain down upon the cottage.

I was in bean trouble today and dug into the bottom of this bag of dArK roAsT just to make sure i still hated it after a month of drinking fruitier lighter roasts. Verdict: yep, still hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

It's cool that you're finding what you like. I actually prefer darker roasts but it took trying a lot of stuff to figure that out