Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Cowcaster posted:

purgatus staff isn’t bad, per se, but its weakness is the same as a flamer on a zealot where you can’t hit anything beyond spitting distance. in theory you could brain burst to make up for it, but brain burst itself isn’t that great. meanwhile with voidstrike you’ve got horde clearing AND range. maybe purgatus edges it out in total horde clear potential but it just doesn’t make up for voidstrike’s all in one package imho

Brain Burst remains great at 4+, I really don't understand the bizarre "brain burst falls off" -talk in this thread. Yes it no longer oneshots everything, but it still remains the fastest and safest way to get the damage and stagger down on the targets that need to be brain burst. I understand there's a loss of positive feedback and goody-good brain chemicals when you get the white X instead of the red X and someone else finishes the kill, but if you can get past that it's still a completely unique tool in your box that only psykers get and never stops having an impact far greater than it's cost.

Can you safely ignore it if you have Voidstrike? On more targets than you would with Purgatus, for sure. On all of them? No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as it turns out there is a faster and safer way to get the damage and stagger down on targets that need to be brain burst, and it's "have the veteran shoot them". your white x brain burst is helping their time to kill in a timescale typically used to measure superheavy particle decay

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

when your class defining special attack is marginally less useful than another class' basic gameplay, that's what causes a loss of goody-goody brain chemicals

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh hey I heard they buffed the Thunder Hammer maybe I'll actually like using it whe---

fatshark posted:

Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer: (unfortunately these changes slipped through the net and will come in the next update, sorry for the disappointment)
Increased light attack baseline armor mod vs Flak Armour (from 75% to 90%) and Carapace Armour (from 1% to 25%).
Increased heavy attack baseline armor mod vs Flak Armour (from 75% to 90%) and Carapace Armour (from 20% to 25%).

Goddamnit. :fatshark:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I feel like brain burst could use some adjustment, but if it works for your play style at higher levels then hell yeah. What does confuse me, though, is these people who are still trying to brain burst random trash all the time. Seems like a miserable way to play.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Cowcaster posted:

as it turns out there is a faster and safer way to get the damage and stagger down on targets that need to be brain burst, and it's "have the veteran shoot them". your white x brain burst is helping their time to kill in a timescale typically used to measure superheavy particle decay

If the veteran has a plasmagun, yes. Most don't. Plus they have to worry about ammo, heat management is worse than peril and you have your capstone feat if poo poo really hits the fan.

A bolter can also work in a pinch, but cutting the amount of shots the vet has to spend in half, for free, has value.

Either case leaves the vet more exposed and is absolutely not safer in a vacuum.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Internet Explorer posted:

I feel like brain burst could use some adjustment, but if it works for your play style at higher levels then hell yeah. What does confuse me, though, is these people who are still trying to brain burst random trash all the time. Seems like a miserable way to play.

i blame the emphasis put on warp charges by everything in the feat tree, as i've mentioned before:

Cowcaster posted:

it's kind of funny how little warp charges benefit you to maintain, how many feats revolve around the idea that warp charges are extremely useful to maintain, and how none of those feats actually make warp charges worth maintaining

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

AndyElusive posted:

Oh hey I heard they buffed the Thunder Hammer maybe I'll actually like using it whe---

Goddamnit. :fatshark:

every fatshark game is like 70 different individual craftsmen produced the pieces of it wholly in isolation, and they're really good craftsmen, but because they never talked to each other the pieces don't really fit together right or make sense in context with each other. One guy thinks a gun should deal 130 damage and have 20 rounds in the mag, another thinks guns should deal 260 damage and have 70 rounds in the mag. they have different ideas about the game and they did not converse.

this time the craftsman working on the thunder hammer changes hurt his knee and didnt make it to the patch in time

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i blame the emphasis put on warp charges by everything in the feat tree, as i've mentioned before:

Absolutely. But like you said, it should become very apparent very quickly that it's just not worth it. Root issue is bad design, but :fatshark:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Ugh. Did the evisc changes make it in?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

Its funny that a full stsck of warp charges gives you less bonus damage than a weak perk roll on a weapon (against specific enemies). Like veteran gets a button that gives them +50 percent damage. That would be a big deal and worth futzing around to keep.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anti-Hero posted:

About that..

I don't think there are changes to the Eviscerator other than a reduced amount of camera shake when cleaving. They hosed up the patch notes initially and had the wrong thing in there.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Anti-Hero posted:

Yes.

But they were for the heavy swords, not the eviscirator.

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Question about item quality: do you use the percentages to see how good an item is? Like I'm trying to find items with as close to 80% in useful stats and then I look at the perks on it?

I'm at 30 and picking out items from the shop to take to upgrade and wonder what to keep my eyes out for.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

Its funny that a full stsck of warp charges gives you less bonus damage than a weak perk roll on a weapon (against specific enemies). Like veteran gets a button that gives them +50 percent damage. That would be a big deal and worth futzing around to keep.

hey buddy, if you spend an entire feat slot on it, a full stack of warp charges gives you less bonus damage than a GOOD perk roll on a weapon!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Spanish Manlove posted:

Question about item quality: do you use the percentages to see how good an item is? Like I'm trying to find items with as close to 80% in useful stats and then I look at the perks on it?

I'm at 30 and picking out items from the shop to take to upgrade and wonder what to keep my eyes out for.

I am primarily looking for relevant Perks or Blessings first and foremost. If I find multiple weapons that have relevant perks and blessings then I might start looking at the bars but otherwise meh

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The player outlines are nice, glad they added them in. Still can't bind tag mouse wheel down. At this rate I'm going to have to change my vermintide tag button so my muscle memory is consistent, rip me. Tried tag on left click but then I can't mark items without swapping to melee or shooting them

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

do a lot of meth so your middle finger is always twitching and clicking your mousewheel button, works great for me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Brain Burst is pretty ok, actually.

Brainburst deleting specials in 2 bursts is okay, since it costs no ammo and requires no aiming and has almost infinite range with no cooldown. It shouldn't be as good as a veteran using his special ability and plasma/bolter to burn something down. What the Psyker needs is just better, more well thought out feats that are fun to use imo.

Also a buff to the trauma staff and maybe a more exciting special ability than the lukewarm knockback thing

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 15, 2022

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I did find a 360~ grey eviscerator and then upgraded it to this. So like the damage and penetration are ok but not perfect and the other numbers there are pretty dang good. Everything else is useful but not perfect but I also wondered about the bloodletter perk. I figured I could use it with the crit chance on bleeding enemies thing and the perk that reduces the cooldown on the charge for crits

IDK if this is good but it's been really fun

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 15, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

I am primarily looking for relevant Perks or Blessings first and foremost. If I find multiple weapons that have relevant perks and blessings then I might start looking at the bars but otherwise meh

Yeah, it's a bummer that being able to bind for two different keys didn't make it over from being added in VT2. I wouldn't mind changing it to left click, but j actually do use it a lot when I'm not shooting/swinging.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

The player outlines are nice, glad they added them in. Still can't bind tag mouse wheel down. At this rate I'm going to have to change my vermintide tag button so my muscle memory is consistent, rip me. Tried tag on left click but then I can't mark items without swapping to melee or shooting them

I’ve always used Q coming from battlefield which is usually easy enough to hit while still pressing WASD

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I haven't done it yet but I hear bleeds are the strongest melee build for zealot. I've only heard about it on knives though. Either way that evis will probably last you a long time, good job

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i feel like i'm living on a different planet where people are saying charging up two entire brain bursts on a basic special is time equivalent to a veteran just putting bullets/lasers in the thing sans plasma gun, sans ultimate.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

and if the idea is "oh just save it for the really big guys" well then, consider the veteran's ultimate

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well, I mean

No other class comes close to the veteran in terms of ability. Like, my zealot is utter trash compared to a veteran as well

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Yes.

But they were for the heavy swords, not the eviscirator.

lol

Boo.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

and if the idea is "oh just save it for the really big guys" well then, consider the veteran's ultimate

Ppl may be talking past each other, brain burst both has utility and is underwhelming. Sometimes the vet is busy or dead. Wish there were more use cases for it though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Zzulu posted:

Well, I mean

No other class comes close to the veteran in terms of ability. Like, my zealot is utter trash compared to a veteran as well

fair point, and my frustration posting is just basically equivalent to if someone was saying "zealot is actually really good and useful compared to the veteran"

turns out having one class be better than all the others at everything is really annoying, to me

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 15, 2022

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Psyker is my favorite class to play on hazard 3. I am anticipating this swinging hard back to zealot on 4

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

voidstrike is good, and the force sword is good, though, psyker's got that going for them

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

people pissed about the hold space to skip thing that haven't discovered the option to disable it yet.

Word in one of my discords is that this setting does not persist after you close the game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Can you re-fine perks infinitely? I thought they said max was 4 but Im currently having rerolled something like 5 times and it says I can do it again, I'd love to just keep going until I get the specific crit perk I want

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jerkface posted:

Can you re-fine perks infinitely? I thought they said max was 4 but Im currently having rerolled something like 5 times and it says I can do it again, I'd love to just keep going until I get the specific crit perk I want

well they said there was a limit but remember: :fatshark:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

voidstrike is good, and the force sword is good, though, psyker's got that going for them

Hoping for a wider variety of weapon on them but i dont know what that looks like and the only datamined weapons ive seen for them is more marks of force swords and a couple unused staves.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Diephoon posted:

Word in one of my discords is that this setting does not persist after you close the game.

Wouldn't have killed them to mention the new option in the notes.

Saving controller settings isn't fixed either.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Absolutely. But like you said, it should become very apparent very quickly that it's just not worth it.
if people were this good at learning things and correcting their behavior gamers would look up when entering new rooms in DRG

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Spanish Manlove posted:

I did find a 360~ grey eviscerator and then upgraded it to this. So like the damage and penetration are ok but not perfect and the other numbers there are pretty dang good. Everything else is useful but not perfect but I also wondered about the bloodletter perk. I figured I could use it with the crit chance on bleeding enemies thing and the perk that reduces the cooldown on the charge for crits

When blessing changing gets added I'd switch out Momentum with a cleave blessing like Wrath or Savage Sweep (I prefer the latter). Getting more toughness on multiple hit isn't as good as just straight killing them and getting toughness anyway. You're able to cleave 4+ targets at 75% cleave stat so max stack Wrath gives you about 6-8 cleave and Savage Sweep gives 8-12 cleave.

Bloodletter looks real neat but given Eviscerator can kill most non-ogryns with a special attack you'll probably only really see use against ogryns.

I'd also switch out the sprint speed perk in exchange for something else.

Otherwise that's a really nice Eviscerator.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 15, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Diephoon posted:

Worked for me but you still have to skip the initial fatshark thing that plays.

I can't really quantify this but it feels like this is running better now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Spanish Manlove posted:

Momentum is an amazing perk. Probably S-Tier for me. The Eviscerator also has a side swipe heavy attack that will almost surely hit 3+ baddies so it's super easy to proc.