Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Psycher change is a bug apparently

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/zmphb8/they_actually_took_the_time_to_nerf_psykers/j0dajds/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

unsurprising considering it was mentioned nowhere in the patch notes, still hilarious. i expect the patch fixing it to make quelling twice as slow by accident

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Zzulu posted:

Can someone braver than me try the new heavy swords and see if they're good now
Wasn't brave enough to do it on Heresy+, but the Mark IX seemed like a really good horde killer on Malice at least. Though at the same time it did kinda feel like an Atrox tactical axe that trades critical hit bonuses for better cleaving, so I dunno how useful it really is.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Tried a green Power Maul. Push attack into heavy attack feels good, like an eviscerator basically. The power activation only lasts for one attack but you don't get stuck on things like the Thunderhammer and it has a ton of AOE stagger. Can kill a Damnation Crusher in 5 charged lights, not bad. Not sure if it's worth using over the Bull Butcher though. Maybe it has unique blessings that are interesting.

Still no reason to play Ogryn over my Vet who can turn into The Punisher every time I encounter a pack of shooters.

https://i.imgur.com/YqnOsGm.mp4

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

What are you all binding your crouch and sprint to? With the default I can't really slide anywhere and I know it's something I need to practice.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat Dirty Ape posted:

What are you all binding your crouch and sprint to? With the default I can't really slide anywhere and I know it's something I need to practice.

Crouch on C, Hold to sprint disabled so I can just tap shift to sprint took care of this problem for me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i use the defaults and just double smash shift+ctrl with my pinky for sprinting slides but now that i think about it i think i could get away with putting crouch on my mouse5 i don't even remember what i have that bound to

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Has anyone seen 20% block in the perk selection by chance? just curious how long I'd have to smash reroll.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Diephoon posted:

Still no reason to play Ogryn over my Vet who can turn into The Punisher every time I encounter a pack of shooters.

Really all you need to know about class balance in this game is that one class's ultimate is "+50% to all damage for an entire loving minute" while another class has "knock some guys down." One of these charges faster than the other but I bet you can't guess which one

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Game down feels bad

-Back now, must have been just me.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Jerkface posted:

trip report: powersword still fucks

Yeah, it still seems better than just about any other melee weapon.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'd love for the solution to be bringing all the other classes up to veteran's level but the disparity is so big i don't even know how you begin to hoe that road and what it'd do to the overall difficulty level of the game

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Power Maul seems nice, repeated wide horizontal strikes for heavy attacks means it should pair well with toughness/bleed on heavy attacks.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

So maybe it's my imagination, but I'm seeing more crafting resources (the rare one, the one with a cube shape) on the maps. Maybe it's a little help by the devs so people can craft more.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

those are lament configurations

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It'll be interesting to have a melee weapon on the ogryn which can actually deal damage to something bigger than a poxwalker

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Turin Turambar posted:

So maybe it's my imagination, but I'm seeing more crafting resources (the rare one, the one with a cube shape) on the maps. Maybe it's a little help by the devs so people can craft more.

Those are loving commonplace on Heresy and Damnation difficulty, moreso than plasteel. And you need way more plasteel than diamantine.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

those are lament configurations

Gamecube. Plasteel are Pringles cans. :colbert:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Now that I can afford it, I'm not sure I want it. It's pretty decent and better than the bolter I have.

2800 is a lot of melk bux

I'd probably re-roll the infested perk

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Snap that up asap, shattering impact is one of the best blessed.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Snap that up asap, shattering impact is one of the best blessed.

You talked me into it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also it's not the best perk but you could probably do worse than reload speed on a boltgun

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

also it's not the best perk but you could probably do worse than reload speed on a boltgun

Oh yeah, that one stays.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

hemale in pain posted:

It'll be interesting to have a melee weapon on the ogryn which can actually deal damage to something bigger than a poxwalker

Literally all of them? Like none of the ogryn weapons really excelled in crushing carapace, but none of them were like regular sword bad either. Double so once you had either the +50% damage to ogryn or bleed on heavy attack talents. Shovel in particular could overhead chop them to death in like 3 or 4 swings. Just because it's literally not a power sword or force sword obliterating them in two swings didn't mean they did bad.

I've literally never had problems busting up anything in melee armored or no, and my go to weapon has been a shovel, so not even "the good cleaver". This hyperbolic bullshit about there being no good ogryn weapons is tiring because it's always comes back to "not the power sword = worthless garbage".

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Can anyone confirm that upgrading a curio will increase its power level? I looked at the upgrade screen and it just said it'd add another perk not increase its power and i don't wanna risk it. Technically adding another perk should upgrade the power level but i don't wanna blow 350 resources just to find out that no it actually doesn't.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Also coming to the Power Sword from Zealot it's also way more annoying to use since you need to be constantly charging it up otherwise you're tapping the enemies woth a wood stick. It's still good, but I prefer my Eviscerator any day.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

Arghy posted:

Can anyone confirm that upgrading a curio will increase its power level? I looked at the upgrade screen and it just said it'd add another perk not increase its power and i don't wanna risk it. Technically adding another perk should upgrade the power level but i don't wanna blow 350 resources just to find out that no it actually doesn't.

Every new perk increases power level, whatever it's added to. So yes, it will increase the overall level of your curio.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Double post somehow :/

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Turn the veteran toughness bug back on, bring him into line with the rest of the classes

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Wooh haha i'm like this is :fatshark: its equally possible that it wouldn't increase it and my curio would now be splitting that power level even more.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

Literally all of them? Like none of the ogryn weapons really excelled in crushing carapace, but none of them were like regular sword bad either. Double so once you had either the +50% damage to ogryn or bleed on heavy attack talents. Shovel in particular could overhead chop them to death in like 3 or 4 swings. Just because it's literally not a power sword or force sword obliterating them in two swings didn't mean they did bad.

I've literally never had problems busting up anything in melee armored or no, and my go to weapon has been a shovel, so not even "the good cleaver". This hyperbolic bullshit about there being no good ogryn weapons is tiring because it's always comes back to "not the power sword = worthless garbage".

chill out

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Arghy posted:

Wooh haha i'm like this is :fatshark: its equally possible that it wouldn't increase it and my curio would now be splitting that power level even more.

I'm really confused as to what you're trying to say here. A curio's *only* power level is made up by the sum of its perks. Curios don't have a 'base' power level. If you find a curio that gives '+15% Toughness', that perk will have a power rating. That power rating will be the full rating of your curio if it just has the one perk. If you add more perks, the power rating will go up based on the level of the new perk(s).

You can't somehow 'dilute' the power level of your curios by levelling them up. You *can* reduce the power level of a curio by rerolling a perk, though. If you reroll into a lower level perk, the power rating will drop accordingly.

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 15, 2022

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I just tried out the Zealot's Heavy Eviscerator for the first time. Seems like its attack pattern is geared towards single targets, not so much hordes. Is that the case? I'm not yet sure how to use it effectively, or if there's a particular combo I should be doing.

e: all in all, so far Zealot seems more difficult to play than Veteran. You're surprisingly brittle, that toughness is gone in an instant.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 15, 2022

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Phlegmish posted:

I just tried out the Zealot's Heavy Eviscerator for the first time. Seems like its attack pattern is geared towards single targets, not so much hordes. Is that the case? I'm not yet sure how to use it effectively, or if there's a particular combo I should be doing.

I think it is something like heavy, light, block+attack. The block+attack thing for the evis is really nice as it is a horizontal sweep around head height.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

ninjaiguana posted:

I'm really confused as to what you're trying to say here. A curio's *only* power level is made up by the sum of its perks. Curios don't have a 'base' power level. If you find a curio that gives '+15% Toughness', that perk will have a power rating. That power rating will be the full rating of your curio if it just has the one perk. If you add more perks, the power rating will go up based on the level of the new perk(s).

You can't somehow 'dilute' the power level of your curios by levelling them up. You *can* reduce the power level of a curio by rerolling a perk, though. If you reroll into a lower level perk, the power rating will drop accordingly.

Yeah thats not very well explained at all haha seeing as weapons show you the new power level not seeing that increase on the curio had me worried. I'm still loving mad that corruption resist is apparently 2 branches--why the gently caress would you do that just make it a blanket corruption resist so that curio is useful on non grim missions.

*Also i found a 373 grey catachan sword in the shop so yes the dream of having a max level item is true, keep searching!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Phlegmish posted:

e: all in all, so far Zealot seems more difficult to play than Veteran. You're surprisingly brittle, that toughness is gone in an instant.

Alternate between push attack and heavy for hordes

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Phlegmish posted:

Everything is more difficult than Veteran.

I like push attack into heavy or push attack into light, both are two big horizontal sweeps. The heavy swing is great on a rev up against maulers since you can hit their flak abs instead of carapace head.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The new power maul seemed to have a much harder time killing crap than my similar hammer, but attacks much faster and staggers the crap outta stuff. Great for keeping a hoarde at bay or getting to a fallen comrade, but not as hot as taking down the Ragers and Bulwarks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

The first heavy attack is great vs hordes, and the push attack is solid too. You can chain those for great horde clear but it will nuke your stamina to keep up.

Heavy -> Light -> Push is also pretty effective and is more sustainable. The second light is ok-ish.

You can also just keep doing Heavy -> Light for no stamina cost.