Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

wocobob posted:

That's about what I thought. They're gonna have their work cut out for them balancing it between arena (62% winrate, literally the only class that can win consistently besides Paladin) and constructed (48% winrate, no good decks).

buff the cards, lower their offer rate in arena drafts

the tricky part is balancing both at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

That VS report mentioned Evolve Shaman and I thought it looked neat but I didn't have dust for all the legendaries, so I did this:

### Jank Evolve Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Convincing Disguise
# 2x (1) Muck Pools
# 2x (1) Schooling
# 2x (1) Windchill
# 2x (2) Carving Chisel
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Primordial Wave
# 2x (4) Prescience
# 2x (4) Wildpaw Cavern
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Command of Neptulon
# 2x (6) Tiny Toys
# 1x (7) Lor'themar Theron
# 1x (8) Blightblood Berserker
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAaoIAvigBe+iBQ7j9gPG+QPckgTblATgtQTGzgSF1ASi1ASq2QSv2QS12QS22QTy3QSGoQUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Prescience will always give you at least a 2/3 with taunt, as long as you haven't already drawn all the minions in the deck. Replace Lor'Themar and Blightblood with any other minion at least 5 mana and you'll preserve that effect. The better list I saw had Glugg the Gulper and the Bru'kan hero card in place of those.

I can't say it's awesome but it's fun screwing around with in casual. People don't seem to appreciate having their whole board full of minions transformed (DR Rogues especially will just bail)

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

It's the 4-ban Tavern Brawl again. Anyone remember that Rogue list from last time? I think it had Pogo Hoppers and something else nasty.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

In a weird way, I like that Death Knight isn’t great… makes me feel cooler for playing it!

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Sloppy posted:

It's the 4-ban Tavern Brawl again. Anyone remember that Rogue list from last time? I think it had Pogo Hoppers and something else nasty.
What I always end up using is Pogo, Flik, Shadowstep and Coin. Coin is probably bad but it works.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
I did it with Pogo, Snip Snap, and two mech cost reducer mechs. My opponent got me down to 3 life with something that used direct face damage and Shadow of Demise if you got that.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Paladin in arena is pretty loving cracked with flight of the bronze, got offered it 4 times and went 12-0

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sloppy posted:

the boring "get it done" build is
Pogo, Mechwarper, Counterfeit Coin, Secret Passage

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Sloppy posted:

Pogo, counterfeit coin, sinstone and secret passage worked well enough for me. They ban pogo, you do an almost infinite turn and slam down to bigass stealthed minions, they concede.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

mcbexx posted:

Pogo, counterfeit coin, sinstone and secret passage worked well enough for me. They ban pogo, you do an almost infinite turn and slam down to bigass stealthed minions, they concede.

Yeah i did this. No bad ban for it and the best outcome is they ban pogo which feels at first glance the "correct" ban

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I decided to try out that new mage list in the VS report. I wasn't planning on pushing for legend this month, but this deck hard carried me from D3. Felt good into just about everything (except miracle rogue).

### Ice burn
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Arcane Wyrm
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Shivering Sorceress
# 2x (1) Suspicious Alchemist
# 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (2) Frozen Touch
# 2x (3) Arcsplitter
# 2x (3) Frostweave Dungeoneer
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (4) Commander Sivara
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (5) Aegwynn, the Guardian
# 2x (6) Deathborne
#
AAECAf0EBIvnA5egBKneBOKkBQ3U6gPS7AOfkgShkgThpASWtwTa0ATb3gT67ATd7QSCkwXFkwWrmAUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Oh yea reminder that 2022 World Championship is on now and all this weekend, youtube only, with drops

Lineups here (it's p grim)
https://www.d0nkey.top/wc/2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

surely they will showcase the dominant new class, death kni- hahahahahahaha it's all combo decks and control priest/pally

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Excelzior posted:

surely they will showcase the dominant new class, death kni- hahahahahahaha it's all combo decks and control priest/pally

an extremely exciting quest dh mirror where no minions were played turn 1-5 and neither player completed the quest was just ended on turn six by 29 damage from hand

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

AnacondaHL posted:

Oh yea reminder that 2022 World Championship is on now and all this weekend, youtube only, with drops

I see. the players all agreed not to bring death knight.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

No Wave posted:

I see. the players all agreed not to bring death knight.

DK is non-competitive right now, so I don't think any agreement was needed. There's just no reason to bring a bad class.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Enrage Warrior might be a better deck than anything the DK can build right now.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

peer posted:

an extremely exciting quest dh mirror where no minions were played turn 1-5 and neither player completed the quest was just ended on turn six by 29 damage from hand
Remember when Savanah Highmane used to be a viable card to play on turn 6?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Eeepies posted:

Enrage Warrior might be a better deck than anything the DK can build right now.

Honestly enrage Warrior is perfectly fine, it’s a tiny bit weaker than the other aggro options but it’s still something you can climb ladder with. It’s just unpopular so nobody’s trying to refine it to give it that last percentage point or two to it’s winrate

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Oh this is actually kinda cool: Trump (via the WC decklists on d0nkey) breaks down the decks and meta in a digestible way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9aQKvQf0bw

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

AnacondaHL posted:

are there? how do you get these

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Sandwolf posted:

are there? how do you get these

I found instructions for linking your youtube and battlenet account at https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hearthstone/23891618/hearthstone-2022-world-championship-viewer-s-guide

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Have those drops turned up for anyone yet? I had the stream going for like 6 hours yesterday and haven't had anything yet.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

victorious posted:

Have those drops turned up for anyone yet? I had the stream going for like 6 hours yesterday and haven't had anything yet.

They are often delayed, at least until the end of the event, sometimes a couple of days after that. It's not Twitch.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Oh yeah I know it's been delayed in the past but it's really inconsistent with YouTube. Sometimes they come straight away.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Man the end of the Mighty-posesi elimination match was some crazy poo poo.

Mighty was desperately trying to find his Purified Shard to before posesi found his Astalor in Ramp Druid in the final match of their elimination set, and both were just cycling through their decks like crazy, seemingly unable to find their wincon. Mighty finally finds his Shard, but is unable to play it since he had to draw into it... and Posesi topdecks Astalor on a 1-in-6 and slams down his entire combo to eliminate Mighty.

Really that entire series was just a bunch of insane lucksacking for posesi.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Especially because Mighty could have won the game by just wirlpooling his own Astalor.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Astalor is such a dumb loving card

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Julio Cruz posted:

Astalor is such a dumb loving card
I feel like the real problem, say it with me, is Brann.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NorgLyle posted:

100% but they're not gonna bother doing anything about Brann when he rotates next expansion

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Right but a lot of terrible meta occurrences this rotation have been because of Brann. He never should have rotated back in and Team 5 willingly letting that happen kind of shows an inability to understand their own card game, which is concerning.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

1000%

I actually love Astalor, I think it’s a great flexible neutral legendary that has a strong power level without feeling like it’s a deck’s sole win condition.

Of course being able to generate multiple copies of him is super broken, but that’s brann for you

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
https://twitter.com/SongbirdCora/status/1602354228856381440

I wouldn't be surprised if we add Astalor to the pile of cards that have been changed because of Brann, but it's going to be a long winter.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I could some kind of small nerf happening to Brann, maybe making him go to 4 mana and dropping him back to 3 when he rotates out.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Gonna be funny when Brann does rotate out and they gotta clean up the mess it makes with all these cards that got rebalanced around him

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

VS be damned I’ve had a really good time climbing with this Warrior deck lately

### Watch Out
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Provoke
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 1x (1) Sanguine Depths
# 2x (1) Sunfury Champion
# 2x (2) Anima Extractor
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Crazed Wretch
# 2x (2) Embers of Strength
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (3) Imbued Axe
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Weapons Expert
# 2x (4) Crossroads Watch Post
# 2x (4) Light of the Phoenix
# 2x (4) Sunfire Smithing
# 1x (4) Thori'belore
# 1x (6) Decimator Olgra
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
#
AAECAce+BQaV7QO8igSB3ASJgwXipAW53QUM9+gD+OgDxvUD4aQEvNsE/9sEvuIEnO8Ew5IFzZIFj5UFkaMFAA==
#

Watch posts make rogues and dh very sad

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

NorgLyle posted:

I think the real problem is that they design as if he doesn’t exist in Standard.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Mayveena posted:

I think the real problem is that they design as if he doesn’t exist in Standard.

He's great in Wild, and nerfing him would probably piss off the Wild playerbase.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Desert Bus posted:

He's great in Wild, and nerfing him would probably piss off the Wild playerbase.

They have nerfed cards and then unnerfed them when they move to wild. I’m sure they’d do that this time, no reason not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

NorgLyle posted:

Pretty sure the real problem is that Druid can drop 36 mana worth of minions in one turn. Brann + Alastor are both neutrals but they're only a problem with one class.