Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, and because it wasn't bizarre enough, every scene you saw with Eric Roberts? It was footage directly taken from this movie:

This thing truly was The Room of the modern era.

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Great, now I'm going to fail my drug test and my MHA screening.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, and because it wasn't bizarre enough, every scene you saw with Eric Roberts? It was footage directly taken from this movie:

This thing truly was The Room of the modern era.

holy poo poo piiiiiss

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Elizabeth pretending to be psychic when she's actually just drunkenly remembering footage from movies

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm still in shock. i just tried to explain the movie to mai waifu and i couldn't really do it any kind of justice at all

Heather Papps

hello friend

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm still in shock. i just tried to explain the movie to mai waifu and i couldn't really do it any kind of justice at all

i can't stop thinking about it.

the film implies that the kid, by getting his black belt, somehow re-wrote reality. my jaw hit the floor when the dad came in the room and this is going to be with me for a while.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Prof. Crocodile

Aw man I can't believe I missed this movie.

How visibly high was Eric Roberts--on a scale from one to ten, where one is not at all visibly high and ten is Eric Roberts?

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Aw man I can't believe I missed this movie.

How visibly high was Eric Roberts--on a scale from one to ten, where one is not at all visibly high and ten is Eric Roberts?

i don't think he ever went lower than 8. also as previously mentioned, his entire performance was actually lifted from a completely different movie, which made it extra spicy

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
completely incomprehensible, but at least one of the characters was mildly charming so it's still better than A Dog for Christmas

BoldFrankensteinMir

Happy Holidays, movie nite friends! Tonight's film features Angela Lansbury, Michael Jeter and Charles Durning- it's 1996's Mrs Santa Claus!

Though a made-for-tv movie, this one appears to be no slouch: besides that awesome cast it has a musical score (yeah that's right) by Jerry Herman (Hello, Dolly! and La Cage aux Folles) and the costume designer was the great Bob Mackie.

4pm PST 7pm EST at https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies see you there!

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

the costume designer was the great Bob Mackie.

what the hell

BoldFrankensteinMir

Heather Papps posted:

what the hell

I know right? Nine Emmies a Tony and three Oscar noms and he's working on this? Must have been a dump truck of money involved.

Sig by Heather Papps

Buttchocks

The costume looks like Mrs. Lansbury is poking her head out of a polar bear's butt. Worth every penny.

Prof. Crocodile

this film has all the earmarks of an epic vanity project--or perhaps and epic tax dodge.

Heather Papps

hello friend

best film all year, hands down

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hello, did you order a drat fine musical for your Christmas movie night? Just sign here.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Heather Papps

hello friend

tonite! a slightly shorter than normal holiday movie nite extravaganza! i'm really tired and bfm is on a secret mission and we are gonna watch

finally, the muppets and fraggle rock have a crossover that makes something something a joke about how bad superhero movies are.

this one is something i've watched a dozen times, but not for a long time. it should be fun and funny!

see you at the regular time and place, there will be short somethings i am PRETTY sure.

Buttchocks

Can we watch The Christmas Toy muppet special too?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Buttchocks posted:

i found it and yes it looks amazing from the few seconds i watched.

Saoshyant

Buttchocks posted:

The Muppets Family Christmas was pretty cool (and I loved the other Henson works showing up too), but I think this one won me harder. Thank you for suggesting it.

Heather Papps

hello friend

for sure. i had never seen that before and just like the lansbury film it's getting slammed hard into rotation

BoldFrankensteinMir

A special Christmas message from Coupons & Deals Movie Nite!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a4YBP9L9_I

Sig by Heather Papps

Saoshyant

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

A special Christmas message from Coupons & Deals Movie Nite!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a4YBP9L9_I

:eyepop: Oh my

Heather Papps

hello friend

tonite! at the regular time and place! a film who's description i got a single sentance into before deciding we really have to watch this.

olivia newton john stars in a made for tv movie where "a motherless girl is granted her wish to have a mother for the holidays when a store mannequin is brought to life."

this is gonna be wild. see you there! shorts starting at the also regular time.

Saoshyant

They sure got the store mannequin stare just right in the poster :haw:

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i was gonna sit tonight out but.... now i can't

Saoshyant

A dramatic movie about a dad who really didn't want to have blue balls for Christmas, and a mannequin who wanted to be a real woman. With the magic of Christmas and 90's clothing, success was achieved.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'm just fighting a strong urge to have bangs and bleach maybe a quarter of them

Prof. Crocodile

if you watch all the way to the end, there's a post-credit sequence where the dad dumps olivia newton john for a mannequin that's like half his age. shameful.

Heather Papps

hello friend

also:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Saoshyant

Never forget the hot new mall trend of the 90s: BYOB walls!

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

that checkerboard flooring though

Plant MONSTER.

This film had:

-dad who wore glasses for one scene and realized he was a much better himbo without them.

-Bangs, with a quarter bleached

-Olivia Newton-John ahegao face

-Dad grabbed a mannequins rear end to bring it to life

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm sad that i missed this

Buttchocks

A Doll-Fucker Christmas was equally heartwarming and disturbing, and the rules for animating mannequins were kinda arbitrary. An excellent time capsule.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's BIG but so is the marathon!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I'll be there :kiddo:

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight we're watching an Xmas horror flick! It's 1982's Bloodbeat:

This christmas movie is about a samurai ghost and... know what? I don't need to know anything else to be excited, do you? Christmas. Samurai. Ghost. Nope that's plenty!

4pm PST 7pm EST at https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies plus shorts a half hour before the show, see you there!

Sig by Heather Papps