Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Screenshot any twitter links before posting them from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Nasty Old Randy posted:

Yes. Musk owned SA would be amazing.

Can't wait for elonplane to become the new groverhaus/bbq Krusty

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s funny is considering how random this is the behind the scenes stuff must not be going well right now

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
gently caress. This poo poo makes me sad.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
How long until

"I'm being silenced! Woke cancel culture! People aren't using my free speech platform! Proof of liberal discrimination against me for expressing my centrist views!"

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

gently caress. This poo poo makes me sad.

Yeah. For all its problems, Twitter really was important for a lot of people. It's going to take a while for people to rebuild the community they had there, and many of them will just never find each other. RIP lovely hell site.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I normally can't stand reading his tweets but I'm kinda dying to see his next one.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
The Chapelle thing absolutely pushed him over the edge and it’s amazing. Honestly can’t imagine what it would do to someone to have 18.000 people boo you when you’re expecting adulation but I guess this is what it did to Elon. Greatly looking forward to whatever funny joke post he ends up making about this!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ccubed posted:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Oh wait it seems what started this is they reached out to the LAPD who had no clue about the stalker thing.

That will do it I suppose

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh wait it seems what started this is they reached out to the LAPD who had no clue about the stalker thing.

drat those journalists for doing journalistic research and investigation!

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Convex posted:

elon musk = Don Quixote
chud twitter = Sancho Panza
being liked and respected on twitter and in real life = windmills

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ccubed posted:

no, because then you wont be able to tell when the account goes down

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Lol good to know that money definitely does not buy happiness in this hellworld because Elon is so buttmad he's destroying his own website.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

In accordance with new thread recommendations:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ben shapino posted:

no, because then you wont be able to tell when the account goes down

You can post a link and a screenshot in same post - you can even keep the pic as a URL so it's just a link instead of having the same thing twice. Surprising and shocking, I know!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's cool that capital could have come together to raise that 44 billion dollars to meaningfully improve the lives of countless Americans in so many ways. Providing housing and medical care to the poor, revamping our roads and general infrastructure, advancing science in countless ways.

And instead they just lit that money on fire so that a loving moron could tell the internet how not owned he is.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Data Graham posted:

I've said this before but it seems to me that the killer feature of Twitter was the ability to embed tweets anywhere. Masterbatedon and Truth and all the others can't seem to do that, and that's one big reason why as designed they can't fulfill the niche Twitter does (neither can Facebook for the same reason).

If Elon is determined to kill Twitter and leave the journalistic world with a sucking chest wound it seems like there's a giant gap in the market for someone to make a clone that allows embedding and isn't insane

Mastodon links are already embedding in discord, so there's a way to do it.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I love that they posted the Twitter files on Friday night when you'd want to bury something but are suspending journos in a way that gives them a whole 24 hr news cycle.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

ColdPie posted:

Yeah. For all its problems, Twitter really was important for a lot of people. It's going to take a while for people to rebuild the community they had there, and many of them will just never find each other. RIP lovely hell site.
Yeah, science twitter was a decent if flawed community.

Having the CEO of twitter go full Qanon jail the director of the NIAID for science crimes probably killed it for good.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Garrison style though, where "being liked and respected on twitter and in real life" is a nefarious windmill monster wheeling away from him in terror, spinning its many blades derogatorily labeled "friendship" and "respect" and "love"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

keep punching joe posted:

Does musk just want a big Elon circlejerk?

Why do you even need to ask this?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mulva posted:

It's cool that capital could have come together to raise that 44 billion dollars to meaningfully improve the lives of countless Americans in so many ways. Providing housing and medical care to the poor, revamping our roads and general infrastructure, advancing science in countless ways.

And instead they just lit that money on fire so that a loving moron could tell the internet how not owned he is.

A 5th grade classroom is sitting down tomorrow morning to present its wide-eyed, callow, yet optimistic class-project ideas of how to solve world hunger. Bake sale! Capture carbon dioxide! Train the dolphins!

The teacher knows Elon Musk was presented a workable plan for how to do this, and yet he decided instead to buy Twitter so he could ban the jet guy

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Musk is realizing that Twitter is going to die so he’s saying gently caress it and going scorched earth on his enemies.

The Chappelle incident broke his brain.

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

Lol it's on the main page of multiple news sites now

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

In accordance with new thread recommendations:

Love that reply

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
For his next proof of superiority, Elon will be buying a sports franchise and putting himself in the side. Anyone heckling him will be thrown from the stadium, and criticising his performance on twitter will get you permanently banned. Only through these measures can he ensure the future of free speech in public life & sports journalism.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
e: already posted

Azhais fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 16, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

E the Shaggy posted:

Musk is realizing that Twitter is going to die so he’s saying gently caress it and going scorched earth on his enemies.

The Chappelle incident broke his brain.

He probably thinks he can fix the narrative if he can get ahead of it and stop the journalists reporting on the only Social Media platform there is (ie; Twitter).

And has made it much worse by Streisanding the matter completely.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

lol

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

What a child

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

there's a 99% chance elon unironically uses the word "sportsball" so doubt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

goatface posted:

For his next proof of superiority, Elon will be buying a sports franchise and putting himself in the side. Anyone heckling him will be thrown from the stadium, and criticising his performance on twitter will get you permanently banned. Only through these measures can he ensure the future of free speech in public life & sports journalism.

I hope it's the Packers.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Steadiman posted:

The Chapelle thing absolutely pushed him over the edge and it’s amazing. Honestly can’t imagine what it would do to someone to have 18.000 people boo you when you’re expecting adulation but I guess this is what it did to Elon. Greatly looking forward to whatever funny joke post he ends up making about this!

He went to a safe space and got booed.

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

CharlestheHammer posted:

We’ve reached the mod meltdown stage

Just remembering when NYC tattoo randomly started banning accounts during the lowtax meltdown

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trump went on that national "find a sports game to not get booed" at tour after it happened, Elon's gonna try the same thing except on like Rick and Morty or something.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Elon probably thinks that this will make people fear and respect him on Twitter.

lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bobjr posted:

Trump went on that national "find a sports game to not get booed" at tour after it happened, Elon's gonna try the same thing except on like Rick and Morty or something.

Trump has enough of an ego to endure that, he just gets mad at other people for failing him.

Elon's a thin-skinned neurotic suck-up who can't take rejection and desperately wants the approval of others. 18,000 people booing him without hesitation's gotta have done a real number on his psyche.

I hope it happens again :allears:.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

This poo poo is embarrassing

:lmao:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

A minor thing that may have also pushed musk into his current mod rage state is trump promising on truth social he was announcing something massive, and he probably thought it was his triumphant return to twitter. Instead it was 99 trump nft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
This is fantastic content.